GUILTY GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If GM never wanted this to happen he and his son should have stayed home . No malice yeah right.

My cynical thought was that he probably claims "no malice" because he & his ds were probably giddy with the "fun" they were having by inflicting terror & death on someone they deemed lesser.

:mad::(

I am glad they will sit in prison for the rest of their lives.

MOO.

She’s a strong woman. I honestly don’t think I could have accepted their apology.

As an aside, did you (not you specifically but all on WS) watch Emanuel, the documentary about the Charleston Emanuel Church shootings? A big theme is forgiveness. I found it absolutely eye-opening and stunning. (Of course the documentary is also heartbreaking.) MOO.

"The narrative of forgiveness is submitting and it means that you're weak, or people would think that. But I've realized that forgiving is so much tougher than holding a grudge," Singleton says. "It takes a lot more courage to forgive than it does to say 'I'm going to be upset about whatever forever.' "

Last edited:
@KlasfeldReports

A federal judge sentences William Roddie Bryan to 35 years. He's already serving a life sentence in state court, where he has the possibility of parole. There is no parole in the federal system. Both state and federal judges dealt him less than the McMichaels.
"Let no one think that 420 months in a federal prison is a light sentence, because you don't deserve a light sentence," the judge says

I listened in to Bryan's sentencing hearing this afternoon on the public conference call. Roddy Bryan was sentenced to 420 months (effectively 447 months less the 27 months he's served in jail on state charges so far). That's 35 years. She did note that his sentence in state charges is life with the possibility of parole. The judge noted that he'll be close to 90 years old when he completes his federal sentence but the victim "never got to be 26 years old."
That is my direct note of the judge's quite from personally listening to her, but I'm 99% sure it'll be quoted by mainstream media quickly - her overall statements about his participation and accountability were quite clear and compelling.

Details here:

I listened in to Bryan's sentencing hearing this afternoon on the public conference call. Roddy Bryan was sentenced to 420 months (effectively 447 months less the 27 months he's served in jail on state charges so far). That's 35 years. She did note that his sentence in state charges is life with the possibility of parole. The judge noted that he'll be close to 90 years old when he completes his federal sentence but the victim "never got to be 26 years old."
That is my direct note of the judge's quite from personally listening to her, but I'm 99% sure it'll be quoted by mainstream media quickly - her overall statements about his participation and accountability were quite clear and compelling.

Details here:
yep, mainstream media picked up the judge's statement immediately:
"By the time you serve your federal sentence, you will be almost 90 years old. But of course Mr. Arbery never got to be 26,” judge says.

McMichaels gets federal life sentence, but state time comes first​

Defense lawyers for all three men requested that they be sent first to federal prison, stating their lives will be in jeopardy in state prisons due to the high-profile nature of the racially charged case. Attorney Amy Copeland said Travis McMichael has received more than 800 death threats, including warnings that he will be a marked man inside Georgia's state prisons. Attorney Pete Theodocion said all three men will enter Georgia's prison system "with a big X on their backs."

U.S. District Court Judge Lisa Godbey Wood rejected the attorneys' requests, saying she has "neither the authority nor the inclination" to interfere with the chain of "primary custodial jurisdiction." She said the state has priority because it was the first to arrest and try the three men.

So - if I have this correct - both McMichaels will serve their sentences in State prison & Bryan in Federal prison?

TIA! :)

The judge said:

U.S. District Court Judge Lisa Godbey Wood rejected the attorneys' requests, saying she has "neither the authority nor the inclination" to interfere with the chain of "primary custodial jurisdiction." She said the state has priority because it was the first to arrest and try the three men.

From above linked article. So I think Bryan will be in State prison.

The judge said:

From above linked article. So I think Bryan will be in State prison.

Okay - thanks a bunch! :)

I thought I missed it somewhere but I have not found anywhere.

I think if it HAD been in MSM or tweeted or whatever - I would have put those in my notes. So I am thinking it was NOT announced "where" they are going. Just my guess! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back