GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per CNN just now the 14yo is actually a 15yo 8th grader. Only spoke "no sir" when the judge asked if he had any procedural questions in court. According to family they were not allowed in court and it was filled with media. 15yo has told family that he does not know the 17yo (DE) and that DE threatened to kill him too.

interesting. Did DE threaten his life before or after this kid had his aunt give them both a ride away from the vicinity of the crime?

I don't know bout all that. Unless gang members have a habit of dragging total strangers into crimes with them I am having trouble with this.

I am thankful no one has ever tried to get my purse from me, armed or otherwise so I have never been faced with what I would or would not do.

Promise of a $10,000.00 reward got people talking. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The local PD know of gang activity here and from what I understand there is a unit that deals directly with the gangs. Because this is such a touristy area, I am sure they try to keep the mention of gang activity from getting out too far.

Tom Sublet, I do think it was a suicide. He was having financial problems and had been looking for another job. This is a good ole boy town, it is all in who you know, so it was no secret he was having financial problems. He was a very good man and never heard anyone speak ill of him. But being a small town, the job market is very limited, and the Real Estate Market is not doing very well.
bbm

That makes sense. I can't see it being a robbery gone bad and I didn't know enough about him to know of any financial difficulties. He was a good commissioner, though.

oops, on the news4jax they are showing the 15 year old's name and photo.

It has still not been determined if he will be tried as juvenile or adult so I will not post the name or the photo.

I believe a tipster who saw the aunt's car driving in the vicinity of the crime scene with a youth crouched down in the back called in the aunt's car, when LE tracked her down via info about her car, she told them about her nephew and the boy she didn't know (DE) and his odd behavior. 15 year old nephew in turn (I believe) led them to DE.

Based on her quotes, I do not think she called LE. She said she decided to speak with them (paraphrased)

I think it is probably better if we don't know for sure who phoned in the tip... for the tipster's safety.

I am curious as heck though.

based on this article with quote from the 15 year old's mother, it does indeed appear that he is claiming to have been threatened by DE. I don't think that is terribly plausible because while DE was shooting Ms. West and her baby he was reportedly behind DE and the gun was not on him so I don't think he was forced to participate but he MAY have been threatened afterwards. That I might believe. Not sure yet.

But based on his disassociation with the crime and DE via his mom's comments, he is most definitely talking and telling LE his version of events. MOO

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Teens-...court/-/475880/19453230/-/apmedf/-/index.html

please note the 15 year old's name and photo is linked at the site but I DO NOT think either his name or photo can be linked directly in the thread due ot our TOS regarding minors.

If he is charged as an adult that might change things.

If I have this wrong hopefully a mod will correct me. I am removing identifying names in the snip below

"I feel sorry for the mother. I feel sorry for the baby. And my baby is innocent. He could've been dead too," said B***** M****, L***'s mother.

Outside court Monday, M**** and L***'s grandmother said L*** doesn't know Elkins.

ETA UPDATE MSM now reporting the 15 year old is charged as an adult see subsequent pages for links to those articles. I have edited this post to add initials to the quoted text

I predict lies, denials, finger-pointing by all involved. Well, almost all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

This article (MSM) reports that DL was charged as an adult.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...of-Brunswick-baby/isbhPFSz6UCYwnCGfAt0Ww.cspx

"BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- A 15-year-old charged as an adult in the murder of a Brunswick baby made an appearance in court this morning. DL is the younger of two teen suspects facing first degree murder charges."

I took his name out and used DL. The media reported his name.

I had my doubts about this at first, same as lots of people here i guess. But now that it appears her story is true.........wow. I honestly dont know what to say. Unimaginable.

The mother of the younger suspect was just on HLN. She said her son was a witness, and did not know the older boy.

The mother of the younger suspect was just on HLN. She said her son was a witness, and did not know the older boy.

I bet they were "friends" on Facebook.
I love technology!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads