GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither one of them look childlike to me.

Antonio450.jpg

Depends on how you define "child". The pair of them, in court I presume from the decor, look like trapped rats.

My opinion only

Mom is schizoaffective according to her daughter (should be a reliable source of info). THAT explains the first bizarre uncut video, her behavior that appeared to some as detached, walking in a dangerous area where she was told not to walk, and perhaps even her two personal injury settlements. Thanks for posting that link. (Realize that over 50% of all psych patients don't take their meds or take them as prescribed.)

NOW I'm ready to eat a big bowl of crow for lunch.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Yep. I didn't want to make a back seat diagnosis based on anything other than the data we had, but the uncut video made it pretty clear there was something organic going on. Based on the data we had at the time, I thought it might be a traumatic brain injury, but schizoaffective disorder makes sense.

I wonder if the false statements were regarding Elkins' whereabouts. Makes me think even more that they have a video.

Mom is schizoaffective according to her daughter (should be a reliable source of info). THAT explains the first bizarre uncut video, her behavior that appeared to some as detached, walking in a dangerous area where she was told not to walk, and perhaps even her two personal injury settlements. Thanks for posting that link. (Realize that over 50% of all psych patients don't take their meds or take them as prescribed.)

Pensfan

And I think it also explains why the mother has seemed to have no one to stand between her and the media--she doesn't. It takes a lot of time and distance from the situation to get over the anger and resentment of growing up with a parent with an unmedicated psychiatric disorder, which I know from personal experience. Of course, I think now that I would never have said anything disparaging about her to the media if my baby brother had been murdered while in her care, but honestly when I was a much younger woman I was so VERY angry with my mother. I can see now, years and years later, that her actions were not her fault and that they improved greatly when reliable meds for schizophrenia became available but it took me a long time to get to that point.

It's all just so terribly sad, especially watching families implode all over the media.

Humph. They always come out the woodwork don't they? For someone who lives states away, she sure thinks she knows what's going on. Mom doesn't look like she's got several thousand dollars put away for a proper burial of her baby. That could be why she's asking about insurance. At that point I could see myself in shock mode, just trying to do right by my child.

<modsnip>.

Well if she didn't have insurance on the child then insurance wouldn't be sending her any payments. But I would be shocked if there was a large amount of insurance. It's probably something miniscule.

Pensfan

It's ok Pens! It's better to not speculate until we know the facts.
But it does explain a LOT about her language and demeanor. I
should have spotted it as well.

Depends on how you define "child". The pair of them, in court I presume from the decor, look like trapped rats.

My opinion only

The one in orange is the 14 yr old?
He doesn't look 14, looks pretty street wise .

Piers Morgan is not an intelligent man, IMO. (I watched him suck up to Damien Echols and came to this conclusion.) He will not understand Sherry has schizoaffective disorder. He didn't understand that Damien Echols was also diagnosed with this either and IT'S NOT CURABLE. It is a big mistake for Sherry to be on his show. There's no telling what he'll ask her and how she'll respond with her VERY SERIOUS mental illness (according to her daughter). So sad.

Can't find anything that says he was. The perps mother and aunt were arrested. That's all I found. Did I miss something?

Yes Dad was arrested early on and then released.
I think because he was hysterical and ranting and raving, but not sure.
There's a link way back there <<<<<<.

Can't find anything that says he was. The perps mother and aunt were arrested. That's all I found. Did I miss something?

IIRC, the baby's dad was arrested in the hours after the murder for going after the baby's mom.

It sounds like Dad completely lost it and started blaming the mom.

This is very poorly written.

Here:

The mother, Karimah Aisha Elkins, 36, and aunt, Katrina Latrelle Elkins, 33, were booked into the Glynn County jail before 9 a.m., said Ron Corbett, undersheriff of the Glynn County Sheriff&#8217;s Office.

Karimah Elkins has said publicly that her nephew was with her on the morning that Antonio was slain and could not have committed the crime.

Then there's this:

Doering said the charge against the aunt was a re-arrest.

Karimah Elkins was released but Katrina Elkins is being held on a probation violation charge for Henry County, Corbett said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ller-demarquise-elkins-arrested#ixzz2OehDNVKr

First they name the mother, then quote as the mother saying "her nephew"? Huh? Then the Aunt was "re-arrested" on the same charges? Huh? And the Aunt is now in violation of her probation on an arrest in a different county.

Clear as mud? :waitasec:

JMHO

Piers Morgan is not an intelligent man, IMO. (I watched him suck up to Damien Echols and came to this conclusion.) He will not understand Sherry has schizoaffective disorder. He didn't understand that Damien Echols was also diagnosed with this either and IT'S NOT CURABLE. It is a big mistake for Sherry to be on his show. There's no telling what he'll ask her and how she'll respond with her VERY SERIOUS mental illness (according to her daughter). So sad.

She already went on Piers' show yesterday.

Yep. I didn't want to make a back seat diagnosis based on anything other than the data we had, but the uncut video made it pretty clear there was something organic going on. Based on the data we had at the time, I thought it might be a traumatic brain injury, but schizoaffective disorder makes sense.

Well, it's purely hearsay but my roommate's mother knows her and said that she's schizophrenic. {a layperson would confuse the terms) She recalled a time several years ago that she was extremely scared that someone was trying to poison her.

Yes Dad was arrested early on and then released.
I think because he was hysterical and ranting and raving, but not sure.
There's a link way back there <<<<<<.

Thanks. I'll dig. If I were in his shoes, I'd be locked 10 times for that reason and 1 for taking matters into my own hands. Just saying.

And I think it also explains why the mother has seemed to have no one to stand between her and the media--she doesn't. It takes a lot of time and distance from the situation to get over the anger and resentment of growing up with a parent with an unmedicated psychiatric disorder, which I know from personal experience. Of course, I think now that I would never have said anything disparaging about her to the media if my baby brother had been murdered while in her care, but honestly when I was a much younger woman I was so VERY angry with my mother. I can see now, years and years later, that her actions were not her fault and that they improved greatly when reliable meds for schizophrenia became available but it took me a long time to get to that point.

It's all just so terribly sad, especially watching families implode all over the media.

The daughter has now also lost both of her brothers to violence. I cannot imagine the pain she's in. Unfortunately, sometimes that causes people to lash out. And not necessarily at the people who deserve it.

She already went on Piers' show yesterday.
Oh, lawdy. Does that air tonight? (Unless she announced on Piers Morgan that she's schizoaffective, her behavior is going to send up big red flags throughout America just like it did on this thread.)

Very true, necco. Tragic.

ETA: There is so much misunderstanding and lack of compassion for those suffering mental illness in this country, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jax’sgramma