GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing in the papers about the arrest this morning, but on the news it stated the mother and sister of Elkins was arrested at 5:00am this morning for apparently lieing to police officers/investigators.

This is really beginning to be racial and I am concerned about riots.

<modsnip>
It sounds like the mother was on disability and was not gainfully employed. I would guess her meds were covered by Medicaid and most likely those meds were much cheaper than any drugs a 17 yr old would be pushing on the street.

The mother has stated the relationship between her and the baby's father has been "rocky" all along. Well I can see why. If his anger toward her was so out of control for police to put him in jail, he has a problem, IMO.

On a softer note, if any of you have been interviewed by news media and actually talked to a camera, you will know how difficult that is. This most likely is the first time SW has ever done this and it was under the most difficult of circumstances.

There is nothing in the papers about the arrest this morning, but on the news it stated the mother and sister of Elkins was arrested at 5:00am this morning for apparently lieing to police officers/investigators.

And well you might be, we've seen them before. Usually, it is one group that riots, burns their own neighborhoods in protest of whatever - maybe payment for defamation/whatever would stop them???

I sometimes wonder if people don't want to see the evil/difference that really does exist.

'Course I could be wrong and everyone is angelic and wonderful and the shooter had a good reason, and the family is innocent. Sure, we could, but maybe we need to open our eyes.

There is another hand though - maybe there IS someone else involved. Then again, maybe it's the same old, same old - you accuse me, you arrest me - we riot and burn our homes and YOU have to pay to rebuild them and give us a decent place to live.

Makes me sick.

But, this is only my OPINION

Sega, the news channel you saw that on you could post the link to their website. They will likely run the video again on their site, not their FB , but their actual site. Tks a ton.
Also, arresting mom and sister for lying would be another crime after the fact. It does not mean they were involved with the planning or motive for the murder.

This is the saddest of sad stories :(

Thank you for this link. This statement from police might be the motive they are looking for.

"Doering tells Action News if the baby's murder is gang related there will be a gang charge."

I too fear riots in the area. But want all of you to know Brunswick has Federal government offices north of town (in Glynco) including a division of Homeland Security. You can google Homeland Security Glynco, GA and read about it.

Many are questioning whether the shooting death of her 13-month-old son Antonio Santiago was some sort of gang initiation. Pictures from Facebook show the older of the two suspects, De'Marquis Elkins, 17, making gang-like signs and wearing the color red. It's something his public defender firmly denies.

"I don't believe Marquis is the individual he's been portrayed to be," said Kevin Gough.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...crime-on-the-rise/nP7tPqk2TEqn3k6S4NWpNQ.cspx

uh, no Mr. Gough, your client is not being portrayed as that individual, he has opted to portray himself as that individual for some time now,.

He made that FB page, he chose how he presents himself.

Many are questioning whether the shooting death of her 13-month-old son Antonio Santiago was some sort of gang initiation. Pictures from Facebook show the older of the two suspects, De'Marquis Elkins, 17, making gang-like signs and wearing the color red. It's something his public defender firmly denies.

"I don't believe Marquis is the individual he's been portrayed to be," said Kevin Gough.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...crime-on-the-rise/nP7tPqk2TEqn3k6S4NWpNQ.cspx

uh, no Mr. Gough, your client is not being portrayed as that individual, he has opted to portray himself as that individual for some time now,.

He made that FB page, he chose how he presents himself.

I say to Mr Gough,, who cares what he's portrayed as . If he's the shooter of a baby that's all we need to know , gang or choir boy , who cares !

One thing is certain, Elkins will get a fair trial. His public defender is a highly competent, well respected criminal defense attorney in this town.

I read in The Brunswick News this morning:

He said the identification of both suspects by West was not reliable, but did not go further than to say police are often suggestive when showing witnesses photographs of possible suspects mixed among other photos.
"There are serious questions about the identification that was made," Gough said.
Gough also suggested police had been rough and had bullied Elkins.
Mr. Gough described Elkins as childlike "in every way". That would include stature. What gets me is that, in this uncut interview of SW I found linked on that save Elkins facebook she describes the shooter as "tall as me, skinny, very curly hair". The curly hair part seems to fit Lang better than Elkins. I wonder how tall West is and if Elkins really is as tall as her. Looking at his facebook pictures I wouldn't describe him as particularly skinny. In her interview she didn't seem to be so positive in identifying the suspects at the Glynn County police station.

Uncut interview:

http://www.news4jax.com/UNCUT-Sherr...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

A Glynn County native pointed out to me that DE's Facebook page showed photos of him from several years back demonstrating the gang signs. Which makes me think gang activity is NOT new to him.

A Glynn County native pointed out to me that DE's Facebook page showed photos of him from several years back demonstrating the gang signs. Which makes me think gang activity is NOT new to him.

The activity and association may not be new to him but the initiation might be. He could have been a "gang groupie" so to speak. Hanging with the gang but not in it, pending initiation.

Wtf happened to the old school gangs that had honor and did things with code??? The "You don't kill kids and you don't kill women" code? I'm not saying the mafia was good but geez they were ten times better than the low grade 's we got running the streets.

Sega, the news channel you saw that on you could post the link to their website. They will likely run the video again on their site, not their FB , but their actual site. Tks a ton.
Also, arresting mom and sister for lying would be another crime after the fact. It does not mean they were involved with the planning or motive for the murder.

This is the saddest of sad stories :(

It was on the radio news this morning, several channels were airing it.

Humph. They always come out the woodwork don't they? For someone who lives states away, she sure thinks she knows what's going on. Mom doesn't look like she's got several thousand dollars put away for a proper burial of her baby. That could be why she's asking about insurance. At that point I could see myself in shock mode, just trying to do right by my child.

But everyone has an opinion. <modsnip>.

This case makes me so sick and heartbroken.What happened to this beautiful baby is absolutely unbelievable.
But all the racial tension it caused makes me sick as well.I don't even want to read anything on facebook but it seems to be swapping over to this site as well.
These were completely misguided ARMED CHILDREN that killed a BABY !!!!
These were not black kids killing a white baby.It does not matter.
My heart goes out to the mother but her own son was in a situation where he was apparently the aggressor and was killed in self defense.His myspace looks like he had this mentality as well.It doesn't matter what color these kids are ,its the gang mentality that is a disease of society and it takes everyone to fix it.We can't let our kids grow up any longer without knowing the value of life.It's just so so sad all around.

Neither one of them look childlike to me.

Antonio450.jpg

No one should automatically believe SW's daughter, obviously... she may have an agenda. But it sure does put a spin on this case. I don't think anyone is suggesting SW was involved in the murder of her son. But this whole story and how it has played out is odd. I don't think I am the only one to think that. It appears LE is still looking for the entire story and motive, even though two suspects are now in custody.

I wonder what would be the motive of SW's daughter to speak out? It doesn't seem to be money..

No one should automatically believe SW's daughter, obviously... she may have an agenda. But it sure does put a spin on this case. I don't think anyone is suggesting SW was involved in the murder of her son. But this whole story and how it has played out is odd. I don't think I am the only one to think that. It appears LE is still looking for the entire story and motive, even though two suspects are now in custody.

I wonder what would be the motive of SW's daughter to speak out? It doesn't seem to be money..

Vengeance. Her mother was absent. She's obviously had a rough life, it's written all over her face. I had the same type of relationship with my bio dad (he lost custody). To this day, if I hear he's had a string of bad luck, that lil guy on my shoulder does a happy dance. I just have the self respect my mother taught me to not rub it in.

Mom is schizoaffective according to her daughter (should be a reliable source of info). THAT explains the first bizarre uncut video, her behavior that appeared to some as detached, walking in a dangerous area where she was told not to walk, and perhaps even her two personal injury settlements. Thanks for posting that link. (Realize that over 50% of all psych patients don't take their meds or take them as prescribed.)

NOW I'm ready to eat a big bowl of crow for lunch.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members