GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now, the defense is firing back, calling the gag order a "pointless exercise." New documents obtained by Action News show defense attorney's are arguing it's a violation of the First Amendment to prevent everyone from talking about this case.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...-baby-murder-case/NjGj54RCzUmry2npNwc0HQ.cspx

Very interesting. Gough's argument is that because Sherry West exercised her "constitutional right" to tell her story to the media thus generating heightened media attention which required him to hold news conferences and discuss this case and his many and myriad motions with the press.

So if I am understanding him correctly his basic argument is, it is the victim/mother's fault that he keeps talking to the press about how his client is just a good kid who likes cartoons rather than someone who SHOT A SLEEPING BABY IN THE FACE and Sherry west is a lying crack *advertiser censored* and Obley is a criminal, etc.

alrighty then.

SMH

Wasn't Gough the person who just a week ago was bemoaning the press coverage and that LE had released info regarding his client and the hunt to identify him and subsequent arrest? Back then, Gough was arguing that HE wanted a gag order and wanted the judge to stop LE from discussing this case any further in teh press.

Am I remembering this correctly?

So when LE gives pressers regarding a high profile case they are actively investigating, it is a violation of his client's right to a fair trial.

Now this week, the state's motion requesting a gag order on this case violates his client's constitutional rights.

okey dokey then

waffle much?

Wasn't Gough the person who just a week ago was bemoaning the press coverage and that LE had released info regarding his client and the hunt to identify him and subsequent arrest? Back then, Gough was arguing that HE wanted a gag order and wanted the judge to stop LE from discussing this case any further in teh press.

Am I remembering this correctly?

So when LE gives pressers regarding a high profile case they are actively investigating, it is a violation of his client's right to a fair trial.

Now this week, the state's motion requesting a gag order on this case violates his client's constitutional rights.

okey dokey then

waffle much?

I do believe you are! IMO, Gough knows the only hope for his client is to smear Antonio's mother as much as possible and hope to taint the jury pool, because otherwise there is very little defense possible for someone who would SHOOT A BABY IN THE FACE!!

I really hope that the GBI lab comes back with some positive results on the gun that DE's relatives helped dispose of after the other defendant somehow participated in a nefarious murder for hire/insurance fraud scheme while DE was home watching cartoons.

Pretty expected all round. I am sort of glad the hubub has died down. I am usually disappointed when news slows down and we are at this point in the justice phase.

This case needed to go quiet for a minute. Let folks compose themselves a bit. It was sort of like a wildfire for a minute.

Ya know what? I'm just gonna sit on my hands after reading more about these unusual people. I think that's about all I can say without violating TOS. Yep, that's it

Oh boy ! I haven't checked in awhile here for Santiago and much has happened. The commissioner? What the heck? I'm going to try to stay better engaged on this thread.
Why didn't anyone tell me :( It's impossible to keep up !

And just think, maybe if they had been able to catch him earlier, he wouldn't still have been on the street to SHOOT A BABY IN THE FACE!!

What a couple of little scumbags. The really sad part is because they are so young, they can do their time and be back on the street in time to have many more years of crime before they ' retire' for good.
Poor baby Santiago........ what a little doll face :(

And just think, maybe if they had been able to catch him earlier, he wouldn't still have been on the street to SHOOT A BABY IN THE FACE!!

Now Now Minette, DE was probably home watching cartoons at the time. I am sure Mr. Gough will simply say this is all part of the larger conspiracy against his client.

LOL. Wonder how Gough will spin this little tidbit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic
Back