GA - Apalachee High School shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured, Winder, Barrow County - 04 September 2024 *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The teacher could have texted the principal, another staff member, the SRO. No action is unacceptable and a failure to perform a crucial job function... protecting all students.

Teachers have to get with the program. Protecting students safety is part of their job, administration/school boards need to hold everyone accountable. School safety is paramount !!! Empathy, complacent behavior cost lives. We see this replayed time and time again.

This school was a risk, no metal detectors, appears teachers/staff had no safety plan or failed to implement. A teacher not reporting a threat, a clear failure. A teacher leaving a door open unsecured, a clear failure. A guidance counselor going off to look for the wrong student, a clear failure.

I've yet, to see a school shooting that was NOT a direct result of staff failure to follow written policy.

Moo...
Christian Covenant.

MOO

You're blaming school shootings on the staff who put their lives on the line every single day for other people's children?????
I don't think that is what he is saying. The blame goes to the shooter. Always. But there are always going to be reviews of what happened to see what can be done in the future to help either prevent the next one or minimize the harm. Teachers already have a lot on their plates as is.

And don't forget that the murderer used the ruse to go and speak to someone at the front desk/office and the teacher let him take his backpack with him.
How did the teacher/students not notice ?
Not blaming anyone, just asking.

Colt Gray rides the bus to school, bringing with him an assault-style rifle concealed in his backpack,
along with a knife, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which noted the school does not have metal detectors.

During his Algebra 1 class, Gray asked the teacher if he could go to the front office and speak to someone, the bureau said. The teacher allowed him to leave class around 9:45 a.m. and take his belongings with him
Bolding mine.

Gray, who had ridden the bus to school that morning, concealed the gun “with some sort of something that he had wrapped around, as if it was a project, a school project,” Barrow County Sheriff Jud Smith told CNN affiliate WXIA.

“Colt Gray brought the gun into the school on his own. The assault-style rife could not be broken down, but Gray hid it in his backpack,”

“The teacher allowed him to leave and take his belongings with him.

So maybe the teachers and students had no idea ?
Did CG have any classes that would've required him bringing a 'project' ?
Art class ?
Omo.

This articles says differently :

The 14-year-old shooter who confessed to killing four people last week at Apalachee High School in Georgia was allowed to leave his classroom with his belongings
before returning with a rifle in his backpack, the state Bureau of Investigation said Thursday.

Imo, the public should really know by now ?
To help prevent the next attack ?

I have strong opinions about how the media covers these crimes.
They need to stop making the shooter a celebrity, for starters.
Omo.
Just to the point about his backpack, I suspect he rid himself of his weapon once he was in school. And by 'rid', I mean 'stashed'.

No doubt the teacher let him take his bag in the event he didn't return to class before period's end. (I guess I don't know whether it was a contained classroom or if students circulated between classes.)

Tragic, tragic, tragic he had access to an unsecured weapon. Without one, he's a danger in his head and to himself, but nobody will die by gunfire.

JMO

Just to the point about his backpack, I suspect he rid himself of his weapon once he was in school. And by 'rid', I mean 'stashed'.

No doubt the teacher let him take his bag in the event he didn't return to class before period's end. (I guess I don't know whether it was a contained classroom or if students circulated between classes.)

Tragic, tragic, tragic he had access to an unsecured weapon. Without one, he's a danger in his head and to himself, but nobody will die by gunfire.

JMO
I wondered about this as well. That he didn't have the gun in the classroom but had stashed it somewhere after arriving at school. Otherwise, why would he leave. He could have just pulled it out and started shooting there. But he left and then came back to the classroom and tried to enter.

JMO
I wondered about this as well. That he didn't have the gun in the classroom but had stashed it somewhere after arriving at school. Otherwise, why would he leave. He could have just pulled it out and started shooting there. But he left and then came back to the classroom and tried to enter.

Or he had it wrapped in something, disguised as a “school project” and it needed to be unwrapped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart
Back