GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And here is the signature part of the letter: <modsnip: broken link>

IMO the signature in the pics appears to be Pam T. or possibly Pam F. or Pam L. to me. That's how I was taught to write a cursive capital T (I have one in my name so I always had to write it), but sometimes my F's also tended to look like that. If you compare it to the L in Love it is very similar and could pass as an L too.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the links were working for me, except the outdated hot case on doenet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting case.

I'm just bringing this info forward from post #40:

*The age of the (or any) UID is never guestimated in Fulton County-the forensic anthro on staff has a bazillion years experience and he is extremely careful regarding age ranges.
*The photo posted online has been retouched professionally to more sharply delineate colors and features; it did not arrive that way here.
*Exposure to body decomposition fluid and weathering have so badly decomposed all the of the items with the body that there is no way to accurately date or identify the photos or their origin.
*"Northside Drive and I 75" is exactly where the body was found &#8211; likely a homeless man - on the side of the freeway inside a brush "cubbyhole".
*Fulton County has followed up on every scrap associated with these remains.
*The FBI has participated extensively in this case; from analyzing the papers found with the UID to following up on the Pam/Dwight connection.
*Any additional Pam/Dwight matches can be sent directly to Tami Schroder at Fulton County for analyzing.

Has James Samuel Dilorenzo been submitted? After doing a little research there is a person in the Panama City with the same last name as this and the first name Pam. I found a DOB and she could fit withthe time frames of this unidentified. Was unable to find a connection to a Dwight

After searching businesses with part of the name "dyeing and finishing", could it be ARROW Dyeing and finishing? Possibly the HRBow is Arrow. It looks like Arrow Dyeing and Finishing is no longer a running business, it has the last address of 401 May St. Dalton, GA. It doesn't seem like this location still exists, though. Not sure how often streets get re-named or built over, if at all??

So I totally thought I was onto something when I found Pamela & Dwight Gordon's marriage record in Florida... but they have no children born in the right time frame... how many Pam & Dwights can there be?? Maybe they weren't married and just dating?

Has James Samuel Dilorenzo been submitted? After doing a little research there is a person in the Panama City with the same last name as this and the first name Pam. I found a DOB and she could fit withthe time frames of this unidentified. Was unable to find a connection to a Dwight

I think you should go ahead and submit it.

This is a fascinating case that seems solvable, bumping for some fresh eyes.

Just found this. I may be wrong, but I wonder if there is really any connection between the man and the company on the shirt. It sounds as if he were homeless and so he may have picked up the shirt along the way somewhere. With that being said, it could give a hint as to where he has been. For example, if I were to donate any company shirts, I would only do it in the town where the company was located. Like, I wouldn't move to CA and then donate my shirt from a GA company because I would assume nobody would want it. Who knows?

I wonder if the photo has been reverse searched on the internet to see if it pops up anywhere. Some people scan old photos online for some reason or another. It's a vvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrryyyyyy long shot, but you never know, right?

I have contacted the Ontario Provincial Police with Case#: RM11007266:
Donald Alexander MacGregor – The Charley Project

And, the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office, Investigation Section with Case#: 80-2267:
1029UMGA

Case similarities:
-Same age
-Same weight
-Height is close
-Both had dentures
-Both white
-Both cases have a strong connection to Panama City, Florida
-Both are most likely within the same time frame, as the unidentified remains were skeletonized by the time they were found in 1980, and the bus ticket from Panama City writing was "faded and mostly illegible" at the time of discovery
-Ontario, Canada (where the missing person is from) has many area codes with phone numbers *advertiser censored*-278-3448
-The little girl's outfit has been recognized as being from the early 70s by some, particularly with the turtle neck.

The only discrepancy is that the unidentified is described as having "blond and gray hair" while the missing person is described as having brown hair.

I want to the add the following to my post above:

-I am not educated in the workings of forensic hair analysis in 1980, but according to D.M. Gutierrez of Livestrong.com "sunlight kills the melanin in your hair and fades out the color, making it lighter and lighter."

-For the missing person to be within the estimated age range of the unidentified, he needs to be alive around 1978-1980 which could be the case if he had abandoned his family for whatever reason. However, the age range is estimated, and may be off by ~5 years.

And, the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office, Investigation Section with Case#: 80-2267:
1029UMGA

Case similarities:
-Same age
-Same weight
-Height is close
-Both had dentures
-Both white
-Both are most likely within the same time frame, as the unidentified remains were skeletonized by the time they were found in 1980, and the bus ticket from Panama City writing was "faded and mostly illegible" at the time of discovery
-Ontario, Canada (where the missing person is from) has many area codes with phone numbers *advertiser censored*-278-3448
-The little girl's outfit has been recognized as being from the early 70s by some, particularly with the turtle neck.

The only discrepancy is that the unidentified is described as having "blond and gray hair" while the missing person is described as having brown hair.

This is a great find, good on you for submitting. Maybe worth emailing the Namus contact for John Doe too?

Also, I wonder if someone on here with ancestry could do some sleuthing of Donald MacGregor to see if there is a Pam/Dwight connection to him. Would be interesting to know,

Also, I wonder if someone on here with ancestry could do some sleuthing of Donald MacGregor to see if there is a Pam/Dwight connection to him. Would be interesting to know,
Yeah, locating family was one of the first things I tried with no luck. It's seems much more difficult finding information on people outside the United States. I did suggest to the Ontario Provincial Police that family of the missing could offer clues to the photo, and the name(s) in the letter.

Yeah, locating family was one of the first things I tried with no luck. It's seems much more difficult finding information on people outside the United States. I did suggest to the Ontario Provincial Police that family of the missing could offer clues to the photo, and the name(s) in the letter.

In response to the how many Pam and Dwight's could there be question - the answer, as I found after researching the issue, is tons and tons, lol. Not to mention that now when you google Pam and Dwight you get about a million hits for "The Office." But even putting those names into FamilySearch you will see there are a whole lot to go through.

The bow dyeing process seems connected to textiles and possibly specifically wool. Looking at the time period when this UID might have been employed at a mill or supporting industry, I think we guess that he likely lived/worked in the American south. So perhaps we can focus more specifically on that area as a first priority?

Henry River Mill Village was once a textile operation in North Carolina. The H.R. in Henry River is what intrigues me. As the site of the former mill was a filming location for The Hunger Games there is some recent stuff that has been written about it apparently. I'll try to hunt that down unless someone beats me to it.

1029UMGA

Case similarities:
-Same age
-Same weight
-Height is close
-Both had dentures
-Both white

I got an email from the investigator (Fulton County) handling the case, today. The investigator is in contact with a detective from the Provincial Police in Ontario, Canada. The are going to send DNA of the missing's family, and a sample of the remains to an FBI lab for testing. According to the investigator, the process could take a few months. The investigator is kindly updating me, and I'll report back here as soon as I receive more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back