GUILTY GA - Bartow Co. Landfill, 18-35, WhtFem, dismembered, 13 Aug 2018 - Courtney Nicole Dubois *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dismembered body found in landfill identified as missing woman Courtney Dubois

Courtney Nicole Dubois, 20, who went missing from Fairmont, was identified by the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) using “dental records obtained through law enforcement channels from her family to confirm her identity,” the Bartow County Sheriff’s Office announced in a news release via Facebook last night.

Dubois was initially identified by her distinctive tattoos, including one officials believed to be the Japanese symbol for bravery on her wrist.

Here are some summary points from a WXIA TV ("11Alive" in Atlanta, Georgia) news report.
The report is based in part on a phone interview with one of Courtney's sisters today (2018-09-06 Thursday).

* The family knows much about what might have happened to Courtney, but they cannot yet disclose anything.

* Courtney had a heart of gold and was very supportive of the family.

* Courtney would not have voluntarily left Fairmont, WV, without making sure that her beloved dog was cared for.

* Police Chief Steve Shine (Fairmont, WV) believes that Courtney was targeted.
LE has leads and is investigating multiple related crimes.
Investigators include FBI agents.
Bartow County Sheriff's Office will have more to say when new information is available.

Source (includes a video and a photo gallery):
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/what-happened-to-courtney-dubois-mystery-surrounds-womans-remains-found-in-landfill/85-591604529

Last edited:
Here are some summary points from a WXIA TV ("11Alive" in Atlanta, Georgia) news report.
The report is based in part on a phone interview with one of Courtney's sisters today (2018-09-06 Thursday).

* The family knows much about what might have happened to Courtney, but they cannot yet disclose anything.

* Courtney had a heart of gold and was very supportive of the family.

* Courtney would not have voluntarily left Fairmont, WV, without making sure that her beloved dog was cared for.

* Police Chief Steve Shine (Fairmont, WV) believes that Courtney was targeted.
LE has leads and is investigating multiple related crimes.
Investigators include FBI agents.
Bartow County Sheriff's Office will have more to say when new information is available.

Source (includes a video and a photo gallery):
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/what-happened-to-courtney-dubois-mystery-surrounds-womans-remains-found-in-landfill/85-591604529

What multiple related crimes?
In Bartow?
WV??
And the FBI is involved?
Too close to home for me.

I don't think that is the case. They technically do not have to do tests on all body parts if they match up to each other (unless skeletal) and they did state she was recovered all.

Also they would not do press release yesterday morning with official confirmation if they were not 100% sure.

Their statement retractions few hours later is a bit embarassing (poor LE guy who had to do it) as it points that someone higher up did not authorise/or approve it. (GBI?)

Whats more important is their new statement -
Guyton said Tuesday morning that an identification had been made, but later said the identification could not be confirmed until the GBI had completed their investigation.

I would translate that, apart that they know her ID, they are focusing now on how, where and why and preparing for possible arrests. Only after all this is completed they will do new press release.

Question - Does GBI stands for Georgia Bureau of Investigation or something else? Are they state police and just helping local LE authority now and then or only in certain cases?
Yes, GBI is Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Hi all! I’m a newbie. Just wondering if this could be involved somehow with people who were afraid of a recent crackdown...I think they called it “Operation Crumbull.” Please understand that I in no way am alleging she was involved with drugs or violence. Simply that I am concerned someone may have thought she knew something and wanted to silence her?
I’ll try to put a link here...it seems to stretch from Detroit to Florida...
UPDATE: Two more men plead guilty for their part in multi-state heroin/fentanyl ring

Last edited:
What multiple related crimes?
In Bartow?
WV??
And the FBI is involved?
Too close to home for me.

I think the FBI is involved because it seems to be interstate. Unless she willingly left WV & went to GA & was killed in GA then it would be federal which is probably better because they have better prosecutors & you serve at a min of 80% of the time. Only drawback is it’s a cushier prison
As for her family, I’m sure they have their thoughts & someone in the family probably knows who she was running around with, talking to or if she was using drugs then with whom. It will be interesting when we find out who & why.
It seems dismemberment is a personal crime or a control/sexual crime usually but I don’t think it is in this case. I think she either saw something or got involved in something over her head & someone thought she was some type of informer or snitch

Reactions: d4j
Family wants answers after woman found dismembered in landfill

It was a story that shocked metro Atlanta. Courtney Dubois, 20, was found dismembered in a Bartow County landfill.

But now, four months later, friends and family of the West Virginia woman fear she’s already been forgotten.

[...]

Channel 2's Justin Wilfon checked with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Bartow County Sheriff's Office.

GBI said Dubois' killing remains a joint investigation, but with nothing new to report in the case, Adcox said she'll keep pushing authorities to not forget the young woman.

"I would like to see Courtney get justice. The people or person who did this to her, I want to see them end up in jail. I want to see them lose everything the way that she did," Adcox said.

Dubois disappeared from Fairmont, West Virginia. It’s still unclear how she ended up in Bartow County.

Family wants answers after woman found dismembered in landfill

It was a story that shocked metro Atlanta. Courtney Dubois, 20, was found dismembered in a Bartow County landfill.

But now, four months later, friends and family of the West Virginia woman fear she’s already been forgotten.

[...]

Channel 2's Justin Wilfon checked with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Bartow County Sheriff's Office.

GBI said Dubois' killing remains a joint investigation, but with nothing new to report in the case, Adcox said she'll keep pushing authorities to not forget the young woman.

"I would like to see Courtney get justice. The people or person who did this to her, I want to see them end up in jail. I want to see them lose everything the way that she did," Adcox said.

Dubois disappeared from Fairmont, West Virginia. It’s still unclear how she ended up in Bartow County.
It is hard to fathom sometime after an identification is made the follow up to if justice was served. Im shocked there was no arrest made as by now phone records and digital footprints would have been discovered. Thanks for posting this update to such a horrific crime or disposal of a body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back