Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was the mom in the apartment? I figured if both parents went - each parent would take a child?

What grocery store is open at 1am?
Walmart closes at 11pm and so does Kroger’s in the Clarkson area. A lot of the stores stopped 24 hour/late night shopping a year ago.

Maybe a convenience store?

I wouldn’t think there would be people just hanging out at 1am in a chilly apartment parking lot? Someone stalking or watching this family? Was the vehicle running?

Amber alert went off twice on the phone this morning. Bad feeling about this. Chilly night. Not freezing. Car left not running, keys in cupholder. It's not the 1am return from the grocery store I find odd. It's (unless there was another child not mentioned) why wouldn't each parent carry a child in? Unless mom isn't able to?

The 30 second window feels off too. For him to walk in with one child and return and the SUV just... be gone.

I would think an opportunistic car theft like that... it's a 2002 Ford Explorer. Not something you are going to cash in on. And as soon as you see a child in the backseat, that's something most people, even a car thief, want no part of. That's a hell of a lot more heat than just snatching a car.

It just feels so off. And I hope like hell I'm wrong and little man is found soon.

Amber alert went off twice on the phone this morning. Bad feeling about this. Chilly night. Not freezing. Car left not running, keys in cupholder. It's not the 1am return from the grocery store I find odd. It's (unless there was another child not mentioned) why wouldn't each parent carry a child in? Unless mom isn't able to?

The 30 second window feels off too. For him to walk in with one child and return and the SUV just... be gone.

I would think an opportunistic car theft like that... it's a 2002 Ford Explorer. Not something you are going to cash in on. And as soon as you see a child in the backseat, that's something most people, even a car thief, want no part of. That's a hell of a lot more heat than just snatching a car.

It just feels so off. And I hope like hell I'm wrong and little man is found soon.
With a paper tag, so a recent purchase.

my car keys and house keys are on the same keyring, most people i know are the same

and i don't understand why you would leave car keys and the baby in an unattended car??????

The only answer I can think of to the first part is that there were two adults. Maybe they used one's set of keys to open the apartment and the other got left in the car?

As to leaving keys and child in the car... I have no logical explanation.

After hours with no leads, search for kidnapped Clarkston toddler goes nationwide

........The police department has devoted all of its resources, including patrol officers and detectives, to canvassing the area. DeKalb County police, the GBI and the FBI are also out looking for Blaise.

This is now a nationwide search,” the chief said, adding she wished she had more to give the Barnett and Bray families.

Waiting, that is the hardest part,” Deonna Bray said. “Not knowing. The waiting.”.......

With a paper tag, so a recent purchase.

Yeah. I'm always more vigilant when I buy a car. Even if it's an older model. Still new to me.

The first reports made it sound like it was a written "tag applied for" sign but it wasn't.

Clarkston police issued a photo of the Explorer (in the notice with the misspelled name) showing the tag.

I'm really curious where and when that was taken. After the theft/kidnapping?

It's on a street so some kind of surveillance or traffic cam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-113526-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20211110-113526-01.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211110_113751.jpg
    20211110_113751.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 39
After hours with no leads, search for kidnapped Clarkston toddler goes nationwide

........The police department has devoted all of its resources, including patrol officers and detectives, to canvassing the area. DeKalb County police, the GBI and the FBI are also out looking for Blaise.

This is now a nationwide search,” the chief said, adding she wished she had more to give the Barnett and Bray families.

Waiting, that is the hardest part,” Deonna Bray said. “Not knowing. The waiting.”.......

Yes and per WSB, FBI is involved now....

This reminds me of the Lonzie Barton case,the late night trip was to the laundry mat instead of grocery shopping. Car reported stolen car stolen with the child inside. Also with Lonzie he had a sister that supposedly had gotten out of car and that why she wasn’t stolen with the car. I’m the case of little Lonzie, the entire story was made up by boyfriend of mother who had murdered and dumped him earlier in the night.
The disappearance and death of Jacksonville toddler Lonzie Barton

Handwritten signs are illegal here now. You still see it, but not like you used to.

The dealer issued ones have an expiration date (a month?) but depending on where you live... depends on how well it's enforced.
I just bought a used car in georgia on October 2 and my dealer-issued temp tag expires November 16. Exactly 45 calendar days. My permanent tag arrived on November 1 in the mail. Imo it’s pretty safe to assume the Explorer was purchased in the last month.

It’s an odd situation to me.
-a 20 year old vehicle
-stolen within 30 seconds of two adults exiting with a child and bags of groceries, I assume the thief saw the adults leaving
-from an apartment parking lot
-I assume doors or the back trunk were left open
-child in car seat, unknown if he was sleeping or awake

I just bought a used car in georgia on October 2 and my dealer-issued temp tag expires November 16. Exactly 45 calendar days. My permanent tag arrived on November 1 in the mail. Imo it’s pretty safe to assume the Explorer was purchased in the last month.

It’s an odd situation to me.
-a 20 year old vehicle
-stolen within 30 seconds of two adults exiting with a child and bags of groceries, I assume the thief saw the adults leaving
-from an apartment parking lot
-I assume doors or the back trunk were left open
-child in car seat, unknown if he was sleeping or awake

Sleeping per reports. Vehicle off. Keys in cupholder.

I think it's more than odd.

It'll be 5 years since once I bought my truck.... actually just paid it off. I thought the temp was 30 days but I can't remember. Could have been 45 then too. I do remember I had to go to DMV to get my tag. I don't kk now how much has changed since then.

Either way, the Explorer was a fairly new purchase.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Lonzie Barton case,the late night trip was to the laundry mat instead of grocery shopping. Car reported stolen car stolen with the child inside. Also with Lonzie he had a sister that supposedly had gotten out of car and that why she wasn’t stolen with the car. I’m the case of little Lonzie, the entire story was made up by boyfriend of mother who had murdered and dumped him earlier in the night.
The disappearance and death of Jacksonville toddler Lonzie Barton

This does the compete opposite of making me feel any better about this story.

Mainly because this is pretty much what I fear. Only difference is, per AJC, the father was the one there and was the one who carried the nephew in and went back out for his son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic
Back