GA - Bridget Shiel, 19, found murdered in Atlanta park, 31 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thought of Bridget today, was hoping I would check her thread and see that an arrest had been made :(

Oh god, still nothing? I really cant believe this

The handling of this case is a disgrace. Rest In Peace Bridget. Justice will be served one day.

Checking in to see if there were any updates from someone in the Atlanta area. I did a search of the internet and there is nothing to speak of in the last month. I can't believe this case didn't get solved quickly.

Checking in to see if there were any updates from someone in the Atlanta area. I did a search of the internet and there is nothing to speak of in the last month. I can't believe this case didn't get solved quickly.
Nothing new since a couple weeks ago. So sad.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting Bridget

This is from today

Police: DNA left at scene could lead to Bridget Shiel's killer

"We have some DNA from the scene, we know it's male DNA," said Major Adam Lee III. "We're hoping we will get the match to that person. Sometimes it takes a while."

Police say a witness saw Shiel with two men the night before her body was found. She was in the passenger side of her red Ford Fusion at a Shell station on Memorial and Rockbridge Drive in DeKalb County.

"There was actually seven wounds to her back, the ones to her torso caused her death," Lee added.

Her car was found a day later ditched behind a cell phone tower in Stone Mountain, several miles from the crime scene.

"We initially though she was dumped there, but after further review, we believe it happened in the park and she was trying to flee whoever committed the murder," Lee said.

Lee told me they have talked to several suspects, but they have not been able to tie them to her murder. The DNA detectives have uncovered is the break they hope will solve this case.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/34291827...ould-lead-bridget-shiels-killer#ixzz4WECdkyVZ

Dénouement;13081840 said:
Patiently waiting Bridget

This is from today

Police: DNA left at scene could lead to Bridget Shiel's killer

"We have some DNA from the scene, we know it's male DNA," said Major Adam Lee III. "We're hoping we will get the match to that person. Sometimes it takes a while."

Police say a witness saw Shiel with two men the night before her body was found. She was in the passenger side of her red Ford Fusion at a Shell station on Memorial and Rockbridge Drive in DeKalb County.

"There was actually seven wounds to her back, the ones to her torso caused her death," Lee added.

Her car was found a day later ditched behind a cell phone tower in Stone Mountain, several miles from the crime scene.

"We initially though she was dumped there, but after further review, we believe it happened in the park and she was trying to flee whoever committed the murder," Lee said.

Lee told me they have talked to several suspects, but they have not been able to tie them to her murder. The DNA detectives have uncovered is the break they hope will solve this case.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/34291827...ould-lead-bridget-shiels-killer#ixzz4WECdkyVZ

How often is familial testing done, and how hard is it to get legally?

:praying:

The person may not have DNA in CODIS, but a relative may?

How often is familial testing done, and how hard is it to get legally?

:praying:

The person may not have DNA in CODIS, but a relative may?

I'm not sure of the ins and outs hopefully someone more knowledgable will provide an answer

Action2News in Altanta..just broadcasted...

" a 19 year old murdered. Her body found in a park.. the clue discovered at several places... and the personal connection that forced the detective to hold back tears..."

No link..viewing live broadcast.

A lead in for tonight 11 pm news.

As ever Anyone with information in this case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 404-577-8477.

11 pm broadcast on Action2News @wsbtv.com

"police say they have new DNA evidence in the Bridgett Shiel murder case. The 19 year old was shot and killed over the summer. Her body found naked and riddled with bullets at a park. Channel 2 investigator.......at the gas station where the teen was last seen. ..

Bridgett was last seen alive ...at this gas station by a woman who told police that she saw the teen in a car with two other men... Now, 7 1/2 months later after her body was found at that city park, police say they have new evidence that they hope will help them catch her killer...

(Male detective now talking).. I don't think a week has gone by since May 31st 2016 that I haven't thought about it

(back to reporter) For seven months and 19 days Major Adam Lee III and his homicide detectives have worked tirelessly to find the person who killed Bridget Shiel.

(Back to detective) All the things you think about and have a daughter.....................

lost it from typing to keep up... went 2 minutes longer.....

$10,000 reward

11 pm broadcast on Action2News @wsbtv.com

"police say they have new DNA evidence in the Bridgett Shiel murder case. The 19 year old was shot and killed over the summer. Her body found naked and riddled with bullets at a park. Channel 2 investigator.......at the gas station where the teen was last seen. ..

Bridgett was last seen alive ...at this gas station by a woman who told police that she saw the teen in a car with two other men... Now, 7 1/2 months later after her body was found at that city park, police say they have new evidence that they hope will help them catch her killer...

(Male detective now talking).. I don't think a week has gone by since May 31st 2016 that I haven't thought about it

(back to reporter) For seven months and 19 days Major Adam Lee III and his homicide detectives have worked tirelessly to find the person who killed Bridget Shiel.

(Back to detective) All the things you think about and have a daughter.....................

lost it from typing to keep up... went 2 minutes longer.....

$10,000 reward
Thanks for the update, Bently. It's good to hear that detectives may be close to a big break in Bridget's case. 🙏

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update, Bently. It's good to hear that detectives may be close to a big break in Bridget's case. 

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

*Doing the Perp walk. Busted, busted *

I pray something comes to fruition soon, just thinking about a cold case is depressing enough.

Police don’t plan to release how investigators came across the new evidence or what it is, Atlanta police Sgt. Warren Pickard said.

RELATED

Police looking for men seen with woman later found dead in park
“We have to protect the integrity of the investigation and [were] very limited and particular on the information we provided to media,” Pickard said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...woman-left-naked-park/rkxwFYaL8uuwWtHeDTm8eL/

Finding the DNA of the killer or his accomplice is only part of the puzzle. Now they have to have a suspect's DNA to match it to. I believe anyone who is capable of killing a 19 yo woman like this is the kind of person to do something else, eventually get caught and then have his DNA collected. Just a matter of time.

Bridget's murder is covered on Crime Watch Daily. There are 4 parts, hopefully this will help find her killer.

[video=youtube;BP06p0YgYNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP06p0YgYNs[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back