Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - the thing about letting him go is very strange to me as well. If his information was not linked to their cell or possibly an e-mail or something - why question him? What are the chances that they would have another contact in this small Ga. town other than the one "selling" the Mustang? If they needed to check out his story, it seems they could have at least had him under surveillance as they checked.

BTW - he also seems to have a baby - named for him! She's beautiful - why do such a foolish thing ( i know, i know $$$$)

(Do you guys think we need a downstairs? Let me see whats going on, if anything's going on, scope it out, and if so, I'll start one if its ok with the mods?)

Eta: update: not finding squat.

(He kind of reminds me of Holly Bobo's perps...)

Eta: wow, looking back on this, and the "camo"...

Yeah - the thing about letting him go is very strange to me as well. If his information was not linked to their cell or possibly an e-mail or something - why question him?

Well maybe the family called and said they were supposed to meet, and when LEO asked him about it he said "Meet me? What are you talking about? I don't have a '66 Mustang" etc...

I would bet money on the fact this is the first "Internet Related Crime" to occur in that county, or at least the first one of note, and any calls regarding "missing people that were answering an Internet related correspondence" would be confusing and leave the police a bit skeptical about the real situation.

Well maybe the family called and said they were supposed to meet, and when LEO asked him about it he said "They never showed up" or "Meet me? What are you talking about? I don't have a '66 Mustang" etc...

Could have been a tip, too, from someone in the search area that "maybe you should talk to Jay" -- not a real focused tip, necessarily, but just somebody throwing out ideas.

When you buy a car your existing insurance automatically covers the new vehicle even without being notified. Can't recall for how long, but for at least a few days.

Car dealerships would be up the creek without a paddle if the buyers had to contact their insurance company and register the vehicle before driving it off the lot most especially on weekends. Driving a new car off the lot "seals the deal" so to speak, if you try to return the car after you purchased and drove it off the lot it is now a "used car".
The last time I bought a car I had to insure it before I could drive it offbthe lot. I'm surprised to read this.

My gueeesssss here is he baited them to meet him at some sort of secluded piece of property, maybe farmland with a barn/garage...jmo, speculation, brainstorming...

Locals...you mentioned lots of heavily wooded areas...what about old farms, barns, etc...

eta: maybe he first met them in a safe, populated spot, like a shop parking lot then after earning their trust, had them follow him out to a more secluded spot?

The last time I bought a car I had to insure it before I could drive it offbthe lot. I'm surprised to read this.

You need to have a chat with your insurance agent. Every time I have bought a car it was covered in both CA and GA (because I already had auto insurance). I called the agent after the fact and they assured me the car was covered, and then took down the details and sent me a bill/new policy.

Just want to send out positive, supportive thoughts to the Runion family again. To their kids, and their grandkids, and everyone who knows and loves them! This is going to be a really tough thing for their community. Gosh, hoping for a miracle here. I know we all are. We've seen all kinds of outcomes here on WS.

Please join us guests. We need all the local insight/ideas we can get, as we enter heavy mapping mode! It doesn't sound as though LE/GSP/SAR has found them yet!

Farms, barns, hunting spots...

Does awareness space play a role here?
(Informative article on awareness space here from Jessica Ridgeway's case for anyone who hasn't read it and is interested:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html )

My question is how smart, experienced of a perp are we dealing with here, and how much planning went into the crime.

It might just be that they haven't made it here 'cause they're busy eating supper or some other life function.

My gueeesssss here is he baited them to meet him at some sort of secluded piece of property, maybe farmland with a barn/garage...jmo, speculation, brainstorming...

Locals...you mentioned lots of heavily wooded areas...what about old farms, barns, etc...

That is the sort of locale I have been envisioning, too.

I'm not from Georgia and have no ideas about the counties there (All I know is everything seems to be named Peachtree in Atlanta, lol). There have been a few different counties here mentioned on this thread (Telfair, Cobb, etc), so posting this map showing the Counties for reference:

georgia-county-map.jpg

Lots and lots of rural land in the area, much of it in large tracts. Lots of distance between homes. Some private (leased) hunting and fishing clubs. The area where the Telfair Sheriff's Department set up is in the southern part of the county, near Jacksonville, GA, which has a long-time reputation of being the kind of place you wouldn't want to visit without a weapon.

My question is how smart, experienced of a perp are we dealing with here, and how much planning went into the crime.

And...it could also be more than one perp, as someone suggested earlier. Maybe a small group of folks. I'll even say that it is POSSIBLE one of suspect's "friends" ..."borrowed" his phone; he might not actually be involved at all, otherwise. (Likely? Well, no...but possible.)

Since I'm not from Georgia and have no ideas about the counties there. There have been a few different counties here mentioned on this thread (Telfair, Cobb, etc), so posting this map showing the Counties for reference:

View attachment 68184

And more counties could definitely come into play, under the ciricumstances.

This is a case I wish they'd get some billboards up for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catdog1234