Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep searching for any MSM to pop up to confirm the FB talk oceanblueeyes mentioned that the suspect is in custody. So far, nothing.

From the video at the link below it appears Telfair County Fire and Rescue (red vehicles) is handling the mobile command unit.

Recapping, also "multiple other agencies" as already mentioned. So far I've seen mention of Georgia State Police, in addition to Telfair County, etc.

I thought for sure by now......the local police would have called the State GBI for assistance especially since they are missing.

imo

I thought for sure by now......the local police would have called the State GBI for assistance especially since they are missing.

imo

I'm sure GBI has got to be involved...but you're right, I haven't seen mention of them or the FBI yet specifically.

imo

And with their vehicle missing as well -- they COULD be anywhere in GA or in another state.

I'm still hoping for billboards.

It blows my mind how anyone could be capable of doing something like this. From what I have seen and read thus far this guy is married and I saw a photo of his wife on FB and she is beautiful. I also read his family still lives in McRae and he has many siblings, iirc. On the FB site it mentioned something about they are looking for a big truck. I don't know if that is what he normally drives or they think there was more than one involved.

It is for certain that the police already know he lied about having a Mustang for sale and that is why he has been charged with theft by deception. And since they have already charged him with 'theft' they must know he took the Runion's money they brought with them. Maybe when they interrogated him he still had a large amount of cash on him.

It bothers me that they have lost his trail though and he could be anywhere by now.

It makes me wonder if he was into drugs. In his photos he looks healthy but then I don't know anything about drugs either.

It just seems so sad and doubly tragic that this could happen to two people who have lead such a caring good life, and are so loved... not only by their family, but the entire community as well.

We live in a very mean world now no matter what any of our ages may be.

I also read on FB that they have the suspect in custody but I haven't seen that verified by any MSM so take it with a grain of salt.

I hope it is true and I hope he tells them what he has done with Bud and Ruth's bodies for I feel certain now they both are deceased. :(

IMO

I am wondering if the Big Truck could be a truck where a car could be transported in it, say like the Runion's vehicle (not a Mustang).
The Runion's and their vehicle are some place...
IMOO.

I'm sure GBI has got to be involved...but you're right, I haven't seen mention of them yet specifically.

I saw, or heard it mentioned yesterday that the GBI was involved.
Let me see if I can find that.
I don't know if I read it or it was in a video.

ETA:

"The GBI and Georgia State Patrol have joined deputies from Telfair, Wheeler and Jeff Davis counties in the search for a Marietta couple who are missing since Thursday after going to McRae to buy a car from someone through Craigslist."

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...arch-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

I am wondering if the Big Truck could be a truck where a car could be transported in it, say like the Runion's vehicle (not a Mustang).
IMOO.

Been wondering the same, but wasn't sure how much we could say about the "big truck" comment from (I think) the comments section of a media link. Another thing I keep watching MSM for any mention of!

IMOO.

Yes, yes, yes Treelights!

Jumping off your post, I don't think we have a pic of his truck yet, do we?

Photos of random spots around Telfair County here, including the Ocmulgee River.

http://vanishingsouthgeorgia.com/tag/telfair-county-ga/

Those pictures are hauntingly beautiful. It seems like such a peaceful place. What types of crimes go on near "the river"? Someone mentioned that one shouldn't venture anywhere near there without being heavily armed. I don't understand that. Coming from out of the country I can't fathom that there would be no-go zones in an area as seemingly rural and pastoral as this.

It blows my mind how anyone could be capable of doing something like this. From what I have seen and read thus far this guy is married and I saw a photo of his wife on FB and she is beautiful. I also read his family still lives in McRae and he has many siblings, iirc. On the FB site it mentioned something about they are looking for a big truck. I don't know if that is what he normally drives or they think there was more than one involved.

It is for certain that the police already know he lied about having a Mustang for sale and that is why he has been charged with theft by deception. And since they have already charged him with 'theft' they must know he took the Runion's money they brought with them. Maybe when they interrogated him he still had a large amount of cash on him.

It bothers me that they have lost his trail though and he could be anywhere by now.

It makes me wonder if he was into drugs. In his photos he looks healthy but then I don't know anything about drugs either.

It just seems so sad and doubly tragic that this could happen to two people who have lead such a caring good life, and are so loved... not only by their family, but the entire community as well.

We live in a very mean world now no matter what any of our ages may be.

I also read on FB that they have the suspect in custody but I haven't seen that verified by any MSM so take it with a grain of salt.

I hope it is true and I hope he tells them what he has done with Bud and Ruth's bodies for I feel certain now they both are deceased. :(

IMO

BBM - He also has a beautiful baby - who is named after him. There is a photo of her with 5 generations (mom, Grandmother, G. Grandmother, and G.G. Grandmother) - from such a family - it just boggles your mind doesn't it?

Those pictures are hauntingly beautiful. It seems like such a peaceful place. What types of crimes go on near "the river"? Someone mentioned that one shouldn't venture anywhere near there without being heavily armed. I don't understand that. Coming from out of the country I can't fathom that there would be no-go zones in an area as seemingly rural and pastoral as this.

It is baautiful, and I'm sure there are good folks there. IMO, a lot of "no-go" places are that way mostly in people's perceptions. Not to say that there are not dangerous places (well, dangerous PEOPLE) everywhere...and danger can BE anywhere.

I agree, Dottie. He might have read the ad in Craigslist at a time when he was feeling despair over finances. He quickly concocted this scheme, hoping to lure this couple to his home turf (not smart), in order to rob them. Maybe he didn't intend to hurt them, but I imagine Bud would have become quite angry as soon as he realized he was being robbed.

Overall, a very sloppy, poorly planned, crime.

IMHO

How would he know that he would be robbing a couple in their 60's though? He had to be pretty sure that he would be getting somebody somewhat vulnerable to meet him. For all he knew it could have been Bud the 20 something mixed martial arts champion.

I saw, or heard it mentioned yesterday that the GBI was involved.
Let me see if I can find that.
I don't know if I read it or it was in a video.

ETA:

"The GBI and Georgia State Patrol have joined deputies from Telfair, Wheeler and Jeff Davis counties in the search for a Marietta couple who are missing since Thursday after going to McRae to buy a car from someone through Craigslist."

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...arch-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

bbm: Thanks, Treelights!

So we know the GBI, at least, is involved...

How would he know that he would be robbing a couple in their 60's though? He had to be pretty sure that he would be getting somebody somewhat vulnerable to meet him. For all he knew it could have been Bud the 20 something mixed martial arts champion.

Maybe chatted Bud up and learned he had a similar car years ago, Bud reminisced ... somewhat giving away his age range?

Yes, yes, yes Treelights!

Jumping off your post, I don't think we have a pic of his truck yet, do we?

Replying again to your post to add: I think there MAY be a vehicle partially in view in the pic of him in camo?? Not sure. (But if so, don't think it is the "big truck" mentioned in the news-page comments.)

The pictures are wonderful -- the photographer does an incredible job of capturing history. Jacksonville, GA, has a long-time reputation of being dangerous. As someone else posted upthread, it's in one of the poorest counties in the US. I live in a different county, but I avoid Jacksonville. Just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!