Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I first heard about this on FB. I believe that Mrs. Runion is a preschool teacher at a church in Marietta.

Do we know for sure they were going to purchase the car? I would think they would give it a good look and maybe test drive before deciding to buy it. Maybe they would think about it, return home, then go back to buy? Just thinking out loud, about what I would have done.

I agree that the word Craigslist gives me a shiver.

IMHO

It says their family is very worried because they intended on coming straight home after buying the car.

Sadly this is not going to end well. If they were okay they would have found them by now.

What a heartbreaking tragedy for the Runions. They look like wonderful people.

I wouldn't buy anything off of Craigslist. It has been infested by criminals looking to rob, rape, and murder innocent people.

I am sure they told the Runions to bring cash.:(

My prayers are with all of the Runion family.

I first heard about this on FB. I believe that Mrs. Runion is a preschool teacher at a church in Marietta.

Do we know for sure they were going to purchase the car? I would think they would give it a good look and maybe test drive before deciding to buy it. Maybe they would think about it, return home, then go back to buy? Just thinking out loud, about what I would have done.

I agree that the word Craigslist gives me a shiver.

IMHO

They probably would want to test drive it and check out the body but I imagine they brought the cash with them incase they did like the car and one of them planned to drive it back home.

I am beginning to believe the car may not even exist and it was all a setup from the get go and that is why the 'seller' used a burner phone.

Some of the Mustangs in Georgia on Craigslist are up to 17K so the Runions could have been carrying a lot of cash.

IMO

Craigslist and a large amount of cash! This makes me sick to my stomach. Working age adults, we have to educate our parents as well as our kids on internet dangers.

They said Mr. Bud Runion always wanted a 66 Mustang ever since he got home from Vietnam. He served in the military. So sad. I pray they are found safe/sound. It doesn't sound good however but praying hard.
NEVER EVER meet anyone off Craigslist unless you are going to meet in a heavily populated area where there are plenty of people to witness you being there. I would never go to someone's house or anything.....ever...not for anything. There are some scary twisted people out there and many of them are on Craigslist

Very true. Older folks still trust people too easy and most people today are nothing but monsters..
Craigslist and a large amount of cash! This makes me sick to my stomach. Working age adults, we have to educate our parents as well as our kids on internet dangers.

I would never meet anyone to buy a car in this manner. Not for anything. Too many sickos out there these days. I hope they are found safe. Very scary for their loved ones and I can't imagine how they must feel.
They probably would want to test drive it and check out the body but I imagine they brought the cash with them incase they did like the car and one of them planned to drive it back home.

I am beginning to believe the car may not even exist and it was all a setup from the get go and that is why the 'seller' used a burner phone.

Some of the Mustangs in Georgia on Craigslist are up to 17K so the Runions could have been carrying a lot of cash.

IMO

FB rumor- a mom posted on facebook that her daughter thinks she saw and talked to them today at a store. The daughter posted also. An aunt of the girl who saw them also posted. She said drove to all hotels in the city and around town and did not see the car. Toccoa, GA.

I doubt she will. All I know the family is really shook up. And this is not like them not to let anyone know where they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just something positive: I bought my car on Craigslist from an individual seller. He came over, had his girlfriend with him, and I had my boyfriend with me. We took a test drive together, all of us. I definitely could tell he was just a nice, shy graduate who needed to sell his car before he moved back to his home country. The transaction went fine, and he even accompanied me to the DMV to transfer the title over. At least these two went together to check out this car, but who knows what red flags may have been overlooked...
Craigslist isn't all bad. :) I hope they're okay and maybe just got stranded or took a private little vacation.

Do we know from the family if the couple's bank accounts indicate if a larger amount of money was withdrawn prior to meeting to see this car? Does the couple use debit or credit cards? When is the last transaction on one of these cards?
Could it be the couple used one of these cards to purchase gas or a meal once they arrived, prior to seeing the vehicle and is this how LE knows that the Runion's actually made it to McRae?

Trying to get the what if's to leave my mind.
Hoping, wishing and praying for a happy ending.

While the Craigslist ad does make this sound like a possible fake deal, it could also be they had an accident. In water, the cell phones would be rendered useless near the same time. Searching the normal roadways where they would have been driving is a good place to start and noting the grass on the sides of the road for any disturbed areas or tire tracks. LE has the more difficult areas already going by air and search teams, but family and friends could easily check the roadways for signs of an accident.

People used to use the want ads in the newspaper to set up crimes, as well. Scams, robberies, and other violence aren't new. So while it's possible they ran into a criminal, it's much more likely that they had some sort of accident, mechanical trouble, or medical issue. If their phones went dead, they might just be out of touch to let somebody know they've been delayed. Pay phones aren't as easy to find as they used to be.

I find the timing odd. If they were still in McRae at 5:30 pm- the sun would be setting in 30 minutes. They were looking at a 3 hour drive back to Marietta. Regardless of whether they were towing the car, or driving separate cars, it doesn't seem like a time people of that age would choose to be out towing or driving an unfamiliar car. Doesn't look good at all - but hope for the best! (and above all - praying for their safe return).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member