Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. Seems like there has to be an accomplice because if Towns drove from McRae to Jacksonville (18 miles away) to meet the Runions, he had to have a car with him. How could he have driven the Envoy to a pond as well as driven his own transportation back home? IMO definitely another party involved. I won't be surprised if they are working out a deal right now and we see another mugshot tomorrow.....

Could he have driven the Envoy to his fathers property, ditched it in the pond out back, walked to house and asked dad for a ride cuz a friend dropped him off there and he needed to go back and get his car, and dad unwittingly took him back to town? Not sure i know the geography of the case well enough to know if this is plausible.

The Sheriff stated he did not believe that the pond was on the Town's property, however it was close to it. My next question is, does any of his family members actually live on the property on Webb Cemetery Road? Or is it just a parcel of land that they own, no buildings/homes on it? Do we know this?

Not far from our home there is a place everyone calls the chats. People load their bikes up in the back of their trucks and it's not unusual to see. So not knowing how close he lives to someone I was thinking maybe he loaded it up and said he was going to ride somewhere away from home. Parks the truck somewhere, gets on the bike and meets them, and no one would be the wiser he thought because it's the norm to see him with the bike in the truck.

I still think he acted alone. More than anything I want to know why he did this, was he unemployed and needing or just wanting the money. I will never understand killing them.

JMO

thanks, yes they do that with horses too, groups load them up and go trail riding in or out of state

I can't decide, not sure why he hasn't blabbed already, about something of another person if he's got an accomplice, maybe too soon, maybve that's unraveling now if so, still thinking he may have acted alone as well

The Sheriff stated he did not believe that the pond was on the Town's property, however it was close to it. My next question is, does any of his family members actually live on the property on Webb Cemetery Road? Or is it just a parcel of land that they own, no buildings/homes on it? Do we know this?

looked at qpublic, there is a MH on 4 ish acres cut out of the 150, seems like there were wells and lots of imporovements on the 150 acres Towns property, will look again, wondered my self and meant to go back and look if his father possibly lived on teh 150, might jsut be barns etc

yeah several pole barns, sheds , tobacco barn and house on the 150 acres tract conjoined with the 4 acre tract

http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_display.php?county=ga_telfair&KEY=066+00+010

This couple seems to have touched so many people. I will never understand this. Such good people and the news said they gave and helped the less fortunate all the time. Bud even had a Bud's Bikes thing, where he fixed bikes and gave them to kids that didn't have them.

I just keep picturing them in my mind, riding down there excited and then the unthinkable happens.

this looks like the same location, same overhead shot of the dirtroad on the news, notice the curve, the woods on one side, farmland on the other, the pole and overgrowth bythe pole!

this pond is on 217 north of the TOWNS property on the curve is the pond I was talking about

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...1s0x88f1b366a19a8709:0x67556163af71563a?hl=en

I just went to the County Assessor's page that was previously posted (http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_search.php?county=ga_telfair) to actually see where their property was in relation to that pond ... and, if I'm looking correctly (I clicked on the "show parcel map" button, then went back and forth between the parcel map and dancinunderthemoon's google map) it appears it's about 500-1000 feet away from the Town's property.

I would never ever ever---did i say ever, use craig's list for any type of transaction---

I will also say that these days being naive about what the world is like today can be fatal

My heart breaks for good people , innocent, trusting, who paid with their lives

I hope this gets the death penalty

wait, ronnie adrian towns was grantor to ronnie towns (father?), didnt' someone say there was a ronnie towns age 63 in mcrae? Is that his father? All tracts came from a Lois Towns
then the 155 acre tract from Lois to ronnie towns, so this must be all his fathers land? The perp Ronnie was listed on tax records as Ronnie Adrian Towns, not sure why he's gifting land to his father if thts so, so where did he live? well there were 2 homes there, so he probably lives in one of them

I just went to the County Assessor's page that was previously posted (http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_search.php?county=ga_telfair) to actually see where their property was in relation to that pond ... and, if I'm looking correctly (I clicked on the "show parcel map" button, then went back and forth between the parcel map and dancinunderthemoon's google map) it appears it's about 500-1000 feet away from the Town's property.

it is close, why I wonder if he acted alone, drove their car back towards his home, but dropped it in retension pond, then walked home, only way to get home, plus get rid of car and cedrtainly couldn't drive car up to his house ??

Sounds like he told them where the bodies were.

If you were an "innocent victim" that got caught up in another's scheme and feared for your life would you bury the bodies?

This really has to be devastating for the perps family, they must be soooo ashamed. I hope they get a lot of community support.
BBM: If the murderer threatened my family, I might. (No I probably wouldn't, but many people would-my own son would just to make sure everyone he loves would stay alive and unharmed. Then he'd tell me, and we would go to the police and exactly what happened here would happen). Again, this guy might be a total . Or he might have been really stupid with a friend or friends. I'm just reserving judgment until all facts are in.

Is there a link to the info about a store being the location where the Runions were found, or is that speculation/rumor? Not being snarky. :) I just missed a lot today. TIA.

Could he have driven the Envoy to his fathers property, ditched it in the pond out back, walked to house and asked dad for a ride cuz a friend dropped him off there and he needed to go back and get his car, and dad unwittingly took him back to town? Not sure i know the geography of the case well enough to know if this is plausible.

the pond is down the road from the Towns property, could have driven the Runions car back, CLOSE to home, to get home, dropped it in pond, walked home, mile or less, 2 houses on property

I don't think he is smirking....but I do think he looks defiant and cocky....He has lost quite a bit of weight in his face from his other pics, and his hair is mighty brown, wonder if he colored it...IMHO

a weasel, yes I think he'd died it blonde, i think he looked younger when he was blonde, maybe 23 to 24?

Is there a link to the info about a store being the location where the Runions were found, or is that speculation/rumor? Not being snarky. :) I just missed a lot today. TIA.

I'm wondering the same things . All I've heard and read all day was they were found near the van . Which was found in the pond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering the same things . All I've heard and read all day was they were found near the van . Which was found in the pond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Not too far away" not "near" the SUV, it was in the live news feed, bodies found behind gas station or store I think he said and car in pond,

wait, ronnie adrian towns was grantor to ronnie towns (father?), didnt' someone say there was a ronnie towns age 63 in mcrae? Is that his father? All tracts came from a Lois Towns
then the 155 acre tract from Lois to ronnie towns, so this must be all his fathers land? The perp Ronnie was listed on tax records as Ronnie Adrian Towns, not sure why he's gifting land to his father if thts so, so where did he live? well there were 2 homes there, so he probably lives in one of them

I would be shocked to see he lived there, when looking at the house, its uber tiny, only 700 square ft, and has no heat. That might be fine for a country boy alone, but not with a wife and child and she looks to me to be well kept...IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn