Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His sister commented on the post identifying him at the 13WMAZ.com Facebook page. She and another poster are saying the police are looking for a "big truck" too.

Out of the two photos released of the suspect, which one is more recent? I'm worried that he might be an outdoorsman based on the camo gear. Bud and June could be anywhere. :(

He is in a small redneck town where virtually ALL white men are outdoorsmen. The woods can hide bodies easily enough, but the vehicle is also missing and that is harder to hide (even in water).

I am south-east from Mcrae by about 70 miles. Rain poured down all day Friday and into Saturday (early, like a few hours past midnight). Saturday was dry.

I actually registered just to post this. I'm an experienced driver and I frequently travel between Jesup and Hazelhurst (using highway 341). McRae is a bit further in this same area. There are areas where I have zero cell signal, so much so that it will drain battery attempting to call out and this isn't on an off road, this is actually on the highway. I can imagine a scenario where they decided to power down to conserve battery. Combining with bad weather, I want to be hopeful that foul play is not involved. The region is a heavily wooded area. I feel like there's potential for them to be out there in a situation related to vehicle trouble or even leaving the vehicle on foot.

:welcome5:

Welcome, m1nn0w!

This has shades of Lyle and Marie McCann and Tim Bosma. The Mccanns case and the Runions have hit me hard. It is unfathomable to me that someone would harm our elders in such a fashion. I hope the when caught at least tells the family where they can be found, something that Travis Vader has denied to the McCann family to this day.

Has anyone found anything out on the suspect in this case? Surely he must have a reputation in this small town. Nobody goes from being a good farm boy to pre meditated murder of an innocent defenceless couple without there being some serious warning signs.

another website says that tho they couple is still missing, authorities are starting to piece together what happened on jan 22, 2014..........whatever that is..........and actively seeking any info on Ronnie Towns

If it was a robbery scheme telling the couple to meet them (sellers) in Mcrae was a really bad idea. That is a small town. Why not meet in Macon if the plan was just rob and flee?

Maybe there really is such a Mustang...in McRae -- but just didn't happen to belong to the scammers, who had figured a way to use it as a lure but couldn't move it from its location.

RT is apparently married (or was) someone posted his wedding photo on the Bud & June facebook page. He had longer hair in that picture.

ok, so if they police questioned this guy earlier and it didnt' appear anything untowards, or whatever they called it............. does anyone have any opinions on WHY they are now calling him a suspect besides the fact that he has tried theft by deception before, doesnt' mean he had anything to do with this, I would be apt to say "person of interest" instead of suspect, but now in addition, the Police have a warrant for him..............why?

For one thing, LE is saying his original answers didn't square with the later investigation ...not giving real details, though.

He can buy another throw-away phone and check the local news, check his e-mail, and surf the web, not to mention making calls and sending texts. He can do all of that without LE even knowing what the new number is or how to track it, unless he calls somebody he knows.

Does anybody know for sure what day it was he was interviewed ? Might help to establish how much of a head start he may have gotten if he is indeed on the run now.

It also said on FB he is one of six kids, so he probably has lots of family around there. Hope they don't help him.

Maybe there really is such a Mustang...in McRae -- but just didn't happen to belong to the scammers, who had figured a way to use it as a lure but couldn't move it from its location.

Well if they saw a want ad for that year/model of car, it wouldn't be hard to find good pics of "the car" online.

His sister is now all over FB telling people to "...shut their mouths" about her brother. Nice

OT/ When there's a link to a FB page for a missing person, is there one spot on the forum/thread to find it. I seem to spend too much time searching for the link...this is why I'm a terrible sleuth!

OT/ When there's a link to a FB page for a missing person, is there one spot on the forum/thread to find it. I seem to spend too much time searching for the link...this is why I'm a terrible sleuth!

In some threads there are separate media/social media threads for links only (no discussion) but I'd say on most threads, no. You can always try searching the thread for "FB" or "Facebook" though, I guess.

From what I've seen so far his sister is not defending him . All she is saying until all the facts are out not to call him guilty. And she did say there is a Big Truck involved . She is not doing anything any of us would not do .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member