Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem too bright to lure your target to your home town - and a small one at that - to commit the crime. And then to leave the car sticking out of the pond that close to your house. Maybe he thought he would be able to sink it completely but that was as far as it would go into the pond.

If the Runion's children are correct that they didn't take the money with them, maybe not having cash on them made Towns so mad he flipped out on them and killed them.

This was not the outcome I was hoping for.....

So what's left SweetPea? An idiot-a desperado-a sheep-a sociopath? A heretofore crazed angry killer? How do you think it went down?
I'm not SweetPea, but my answer is- I am at a loss. It just doesn't make sense. JMO

Looks like Old Prison Camp Rd is also Hwy 237.

IF the pond on Webb Cemetery Rd across from the Towns property is where the car was found, and IF the Runions were found in this vicinity of Old Prison Camp Rd...

If you follow Old Prison Camp Rd. (Hwy 237) out to the Southeast from the Marathon station on 319/441, it curves and comes close to the pond to the East...the bodies could have been in between the pond and 237 (Old Prison Camp Rd.)

Does anyone know what 'ronnie adrian jay towns' does for a living?

I don't. Question's been asked several times but I think so far no one has come up with an answer. Maybe WMAZ will answer that in the coverage they're saying they'll have tomorrow from the McRae area.

Rest in peace Bud and June. Evil walks among us but justice will be served.

Thanks for all your updates everyone they are much appreciated. Terrible news but very sadly I didn't think this case would have a good outcome. It is terrible that a lovely innocent couple who are so loved by their family have been murdered. R.I.P Bud and June Runion.

If you follow Old Prison Camp Rd. (Hwy 237) out to the Southeast from the Marathon station on 319/441, it curves and comes close to the pond to the East...the bodies could have been in between the pond and 237 (Old Prison Camp Rd.)

Lisette, Im pretty sure it's the same pond, look at the google map of it andyou'll see the same metal bar the car is hanging on adn the pole and curve with underbrush, field on one side, pond adn trees on right, you'll also see the dirt path thta goes around the pond where the car was located, all this on google and compare

So many stories about the bodies being here and there, all i know is I remember SS saying not too far from there or some such, but my mind didn't take it that they were beside the car or even on that property, but so now, who knows, I guess we'll go with the Find Bud and June FB, they said 2 bodies were where the car was found in pond"nearby"

Coverage from the 11 pm news from Macon, GA's 13WMAZ, along with videos and earlier reports:

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...arch-for-missing-cobb-county-couple/22276947/

Main video has a clip from an interview with an employee of a nearby Marathon station who has known the suspect's family for 20 years. WMAZ promising more coverage about Towns from the area tomorrow.

The bodies were found in an area near the Towns family's property in woods along Webb Cemetery Road in McRae.

The sheriff said there's no evidence that Towns owned such a car and it appeared he lured the Runions to McRae to defraud them of their money.

Also, the main clip stated Towns was from the jacksonville ga area, so may be why the stakeout there and where he surrendered, Spokeo shows towns in mcraie and ronnie adrian towns on webb cemetery rd, where qpublic shows Towns owns near 160 acres, I think now maybe the fathers land, dont' know who lives in the MH on the 4 acres.

I guess more will come out on the fb page and news, said also, bodies were found in a nearby wooded area of the pond, woods all around that pond, then dirt road and then farmland on other side of road

I guess the folks there are shocked, SS seemed a little distressed in first live feed in regards to Towns surrender

Looks like Old Prison Camp Rd is also Hwy 237.

IF the pond on Webb Cemetery Rd across from the Towns property is where the car was found, and IF the Runions were found in this vicinity of Old Prison Camp Rd...

View attachment 68284

zoom in , i sent google link, it's the same, same metal bar in pond on google as the one if fox 5 picture, same dirt road with power pole and undergrowth, i have links upthread

It doesn't seem too bright to lure your target to your home town - and a small one at that - to commit the crime. And then to leave the car sticking out of the pond that close to your house. Maybe he thought he would be able to sink it completely but that was as far as it would go into the pond.

If the Runion's children are correct that they didn't take the money with them, maybe not having cash on them made Towns so mad he flipped out on them and killed them.

This was not the outcome I was hoping for.....

I still can't figure out why the bodies were separate from the car? Why take the extra time to establish 2 crime scenes and the car was so close to his own family's property. Do you think on Thursday when all this happened he actually took the Chevy Envy, drove it home and thought maybe he could hide it and sell it on Craigslist later? The one thing we know is that he was desperate for money. Maybe he thought he was so slick with his disposable phone that the Runions would just be a missing persons case in Atlanta and never linked to him or South Georgia? Then when an APB went out on the car in his neck of the woods he quickly drove it to the first place he could think of to possibly dispose of it? A pond near his house?

Yes, wondered about the marathon meeting place, 237 meets 217 (webb cem rd) south of the towns property, article said nearby woods, so thinking around the pond somewhere now

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Co+...a568!2m2!1d-82.9266241!2d31.9775589!3e0?hl=en

I still can't figure out why the bodies were separate from the car? Why take the extra time to establish 2 crime scenes and the car was so close to his own family's property. Do you think on Thursday when all this happened he actually took the Chevy Envy, drove it home and thought maybe he could hide it and sell it on Craigslist later? The one thing we know is that he was desperate for money. Maybe he thought he was so slick with his disposable phone that the Runions would just be a missing persons case in Atlanta and never linked to him or South Georgia? Then when an APB went out on the car in his neck of the woods he quickly drove it to the first place he could think of to possibly dispose of it? A pond near his house?

Stupid.........right? He panicked? Clearly this wasn't the work of a professional. I dont get ANY of it either. But I dont have criminal mind to think this stuff up, lol, also, still trying to udnerstand why a drop phone is traceable, someone mentioned that some have disposable untraceable smart cards?? I guess his wasnt, you can buy smart cards online and activate, but through your carrier, so then that makes it traceable right? To your name anyway, you can deactivate the phone gps I know

why are some traceable and some not? Anyone know?

I don't believe that anyone else is involved but Towns.

No one else pressured him into doing this, imo. He planned all along to rob these people and he knew when he did he would also have to murder them to keep them silent.

I never heard they were found close to any store. In all the videos I have seen the Sheriff said they were found not too far from the pond where the vehicle was located.

He may have been waiting for them and wasn't driving a vehicle. He may have told them 'pick me up and I will take you back to see the Mustang.' When he got in their car he took them down the road to where they were later located with them thinking they were going to a certain location to look at the car. Along the way, he could have pulled a weapon on them and made them pullover. He made them go in the woods not far from the pond and I think he shot both of them there or beat them to death with a bludgeoning object. He then knew he had to get rid of their car so he tried to submerge it into the pond but their vehicle became hung up on the steel rods/poles and he couldn't get it to go fully into the pond. He then left and walked back to his home. IMO

What I think was a God send was their vehicle getting hung up on the steel rods. If the car had gone in and was completely submerged LE may have never located the car and wouldn't have known which area to search to find Bud and June's bodies.

Imo, he did this and he did it all on his own. I suspect he is a drug user.

I also think June wanted to go with Bud. They were an extremely close loving couple. I have gone many times with my own husband to look at items he wants to buy. I went because I wanted to go and I am sure June did the same. She may have been looking forward to buying the Mustang as much as Bud was.

From what I read, Towns didn't have a criminal history, or much of one anyway. Something seems weird...28 is a little old to start a life of crime. I realize, every criminal has to start somewhere, but murder is a pretty big start. I will be interested to see what led him to this. Prayers to both families. This was just so unnecessary.

From what I read, Towns didn't have a criminal history, or much of one anyway. Something seems weird...28 is a little old to start a life of crime. I realize, every criminal has to start somewhere, but murder is a pretty big start. I will be interested to see what led him to this. Prayers to both families. This was just so unnecessary.

That doesn't really shock me. WS is filled with cases where murderers had/have no prior criminal history.

I don't believe that anyone else is involved but Towns.

No one else pressured him into doing this, imo. He planned all along to rob these people and he knew when he did he would also have to murder them to keep them silent.

I never heard they were found close to any store. In all the videos I have seen the Sheriff said they were found not too far from the pond where the vehicle was located.

He may have been waiting for them and wasn't driving a vehicle. He may have told them 'pick me up and I will take you back to see the Mustang.' When he got in their car he took them down the road to where they were later located with them thinking they were going to a certain location to look at the car. Along the way, he could have pulled a weapon on them and made them pullover. He made them go in the woods not far from the pond and I think he shot both of them there or beat them to death with a bludgeoning object. He then knew he had to get rid of their car so he tried to submerge it into the pond but their vehicle became hung up on the steel rods/poles and he couldn't get it to go fully into the pond. He then left and walked back to his home. IMO

What I think was a God send was their vehicle getting hung up on the steel rods. If the car had gone in and was completely submerged LE may have never located the car and wouldn't have known which area to search to find Bud and Ruth's bodies.

Imo, he did this and he did it all on his own. I suspect he is a drug user.

I also think Ruth wanted to go with Bud. They were an extremely close loving couple. I have gone many times with my own husband to look at items he wants to buy. I went because I wanted to go and I am sure Ruth did the same. She may have been looking forward to buying the Mustang as much as Bud was.

I'm inclined to agree about Towns doing this alone. I think he had a plan - or thought he had one - and it just turned out to be an absolutely awful idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana