Resolved GA - Butts Co, Human Remains in Suitcase along I-75, Dec 2017 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where did you find Veverly Mitchell? Google is not turning her up for me. (Google often doesn't like me.) Is she really "Beverly" instead?

Here is her NAMUS: Missing Person Case

(Sidenote: I had to search at the NAMUS website to find it. Google brings up a result that doesn't take me to her page and I thought perhaps it had been removed. Lately Google has been failing to bring up NAMUS pages for some reason. Weird. Perhaps some artifact from their change of website? Perhaps the old links are no longer redirecting?)

Yes, in many cases old Namus links are not redirecting properly--but I couldn't get Veverly's page to come up even searching within Namus by her name. I've had that happen a couple of times recently with other cases--usually clears up when I to back later so I suspect it's a database issue.

Her teeth are so very similar to the decedent's. I wonder if there's any chance the relative is mistaken about when she was last seen?

I read through the Veverly thread, if she had traffic tickets in Nov ... its highly doubtful she is the woman in the suitcase

It was Oct 31st failure to stop at a stop sign and she did not pay the ticket nor show up in court in November. I think 2 months is more than enough time for remains to become skeletal in a warm climate like Georgia. JMO. The issue is whether her family actually saw her on Christmas day. Who claimed to see her might be important-- was if her ex who she has a violent past with that saw her? Or someone else who might not have anything against her? And how many people saw her, are there family photos of her from that day, etc.

I think someone should submit Veverly just in case. MOO.

I'm making new threads and thought of this UID when I saw this girl's photo:
MA - MA - Arneiza Minot-Jones, 12, Arlington, 23 Mar 2016
Original

Missing Person Case

Original

Unidentified Person Case

Arneiza was only 12 when she went missing from MA in March of 2016.

Could they be that off on the age?

(If anyone thinks it's a possibility, please send in. I'm only suggesting here, thanks)

Original

Missing Person Case

Original

Unidentified Person Case

(If anyone thinks it's a possibility, please send in. I'm only suggesting here, thanks)

The pattern of her teeth is quite similar, but in UID's file they mention her as 'adult'. I'm not sure if they would/could be that far off.

She'd have been around 14 when the body was found, and the lower edge of the estimate is 19, so it's not as drastic a difference as it might be. Usually adult versus not-quite-adult is pretty clear, but not always and those teeth are very very close (click to enlarge), as well as the overall facial structure being close.

I think it should be sent in. My experience is that they take dental similarity very seriously.

Attachments

• minot-jones and butts county GA UID teeth.png
    minot-jones and butts county GA UID teeth.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 21
Another possibility- Moriah Ludwig, 20, missing since 2014. Only one photo shows her teeth and it is not very clear but there is a gap. She is biracial-- Half White/Half Black. I think her nose shape looks a lot like the skecth:
Original
ludwig_moriah3.jpg
ludwig_moriah.jpg
ludwig_moriah6.jpg

MS - MS - Moriah Danielle Ludwig, 20, Gulfport, 31 Oct 2014

(If anyone thinks any of these are good possibilities, please send in. I'm only suggesting here. Thanks!)

Original

Missing Person Case

Original

Unidentified Person Case

Arnezia was recently found safe after being missing for 3 years:
Arlington girl missing for nearly 3 years found safe, police say

I just want to drop this here before I forget to. The teeth look fairly different and she was said to have a gold tooth but I thought she was worth making note of here.

Tracey Suzette Battle

Missing from Houston, TX since May 5th 2016.

Tracey Suzette Battle – The Charley Project

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-193952.png
    Screenshot_20190314-193952.png
    257 KB · Views: 11
We've had issues with Namus heights before. They expect inches but often the data entry doesn't notice and enters feet and inches. So 5'2" gets translated to 52" which then becomes 4'4".

So it seems likely that was what happened here and makes her a very close match.

Definitely submit this, and be sure to point out the teeth.

Does anyone know why the NamUs file is gone? I've been tracking the case for a while and it just...disappeared. I tried clicking on the link I had and it said, "Sorry we could not find that page or it is currently not accessible." I tried searching by state and county nothing. I tried searching by the case number and UP# and still nothing. Do you think maybe there was a break in the case we don't know about yet? Maybe that's wishful thinking. I don't know.

Does anyone know why the NamUs file is gone? I've been tracking the case for a while and it just...disappeared. I tried clicking on the link I had and it said, "Sorry we could not find that page or it is currently not accessible." I tried searching by state and county nothing. I tried searching by the case number and UP# and still nothing. Do you think maybe there was a break in the case we don't know about yet? Maybe that's wishful thinking. I don't know.

You're right it's gone for me too. Hopefully it means she has been identified! They do sometimes remove NAMUS before releasing anything to the public. This is most likely a murder case. If she was identified they may be investigating a suspect to make an arrest before revealing her name. On the other hand, it could have been temporarily pulled while they are updating something. I'm hoping that she has been identified and Justice is on the way soon.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back