GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been charged with murder.

Christopher McNabb, the father of 15 day-old Caliyah McNabb, who was found dead in a wooded area near her home on Sunday, has been charged with murder in the case.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/36570723/father-charged-with-murder-of-15-day-old-caliyah-mcnabb

Newton County authorities confirmed four charges against McNabb: Malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, and concealing a death. There is no bond.

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...lain-infant-charged-with-her-murder/482469526

BBM.

Thank god.

Father charged with murder in death of 2-week-old daughter

by: Chris Jose Updated: Oct 11, 2017 - 9:47 AM

NEWTON COUNTY, Ga. - A father is now charged with murder in the death of his newborn daughter, according to the Newton County Sheriff's Office.

An autopsy report released Tuesday says a 2-week-old found dead in the woods over the weekend died of blunt force trauma.

Christopher McNabb was charged with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery and concealing a death.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/new...der-in-death-of-2-week-old-daughter/622700372

Just want to say that newborns are NOT routinely drug tested. This may vary, based on where you live, but I know this is a fact where I live. Our pregnant girls on drugs will sometimes travel to distant hospitals where no one knows their history to give birth. That way, they have a chance of taking the baby home with them. They know if their OB doctor where I work is delivering, he WILL order the drug screen, based on the girl's known history, and CPS will be involved at that time.

According to an article in our local paper, all of the hospitals in my area drug test laboring mothers when they arrive. If mom tests positive for anything, they will test the baby, iirc only if baby tests positive will they call CPS and baby still goes home but follow up family action plan or whatever it's called is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malice murder refers to murders committed with the specific intent to kill, or with specific intent to cause serious bodily harm. It can be a premeditated murder or murder committed with gross recklessness and depraved indifference for human life.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/m/malice-murder/

God that’s heart breaking... what piece of scum does this to a helpless infant? I can’t even... makes me sick to my stomach.

Does CPS check when the parents are young? How old is the mom?

According to an article in our local paper, all of the hospitals in my area drug test laboring mothers when they arrive. If mom tests positive for anything, they will test the baby, iirc only if baby tests positive will they call CPS and baby still goes home but follow up family action plan or whatever it's called is done.

I believe it depends on the hospital. My sister is a L&D and NICCU nurse in the Atlanta area. They only test if the baby shows signs of withdrawal (which often doesn’t happen in the hospital). The nurses are trying to get that changed with hospital administrators. She said there are several they have to send home that they know are at risk but can’t do anything about initially.

Wow, drug testing women in labour and newborn baby's is sooooo weird to me (from the Netherlands.)

Sad thing you guys apparently need it over there.

This is not a standard practice.

So sad. This piece of trash is housed in a jail less than 1 mile from where I type this. I just want to go take care of him myself! I have heard a lot of stories about how this poor baby was found, but one thing I am confident of is that the police already knew what happened and were waiting on autopsy results to press charges. I also believe mom will be arrested this week, for concealing information, false statements etc. I believe dad killed baby and mom covered for him.

On a side note...there is a male in the background on 911 tape talking. Right after CB says her dad is on his way. You can hear the 2 year old say PAPA and then the man says something about a pacifier. Who was that? I mean she didn't mention anyone else being there and she says her dad is on the way and her boyfriend is out looking for the baby. Just an odd clue, to me. I don' think it was another person. <modsnip>

So sad. This piece of trash is housed in a jail less than 1 mile from where I type this. I just want to go take care of him myself! I have heard a lot of stories about how this poor baby was found, but one thing I am confident of is that the police already knew what happened and were waiting on autopsy results to press charges. I also believe mom will be arrested this week, for concealing information, false statements etc. I believe dad killed baby and mom covered for him.

On a side note...there is a male in the background on 911 tape talking. Right after CB says her dad is on his way. You can hear the 2 year old say PAPA and then the man says something about a pacifier. Who was that? I mean she didn't mention anyone else being there and she says her dad is on the way and her boyfriend is out looking for the baby. Just an odd clue, to me. I don' think it was another person. <modsnip>

Could it be that granddad just got there and that's why little one said "papa!"? Or was it after she said it that Mom said he was on his way over? Sorry I can't go back and listen rn and can't remember!

more info
"According to the warrant, McNabb, "did strike the victim ... with an unknown object. This action did cause the victim's skull to be seriously disfigured and damaged beyond repair."

The warrant also said McNabb wrapped his daughter's body in a t-shirt and blanket before putting her in a drawstring bag and hiding her in the woods. "

http://www.wgrz.com/news/crime/mcnabb-charged-with-infants-murder/482498350

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/breaking-ncso-investigating-missing-baby/
this article gives the details on some of his previous arrests. It is quite illuminating in mt opinion. It doesn&#8217;t seem as though the &#8220;crimes&#8221; and the severity of charges necessarily match up.

Every community seems to have a few like him and while it is certain he is not on local LE&#8217;s Christmas card list and I am sure that he has been destined to spend most of his adult life behind bars from a very young age but after reviewing his earlier incidents I will await more evidence before I am ready to convict him.

I don&#8217;t see her family as &#8220;citizens of the year&#8221; either. Based on his earlier experiences with LE and the courts systems I can understand both why they instantly zeroed in on him and why he may have felt they would blame him regardless. The pictures of him over time shows such devestating change ending with the &#8220;thousand yard stare&#8221;. This boy was abandoned and traumatized over a long period of time in my opinion and as a member of the disposable part of our society the opportunities to salvage him have long passed. Which is so unfortunate. I have seen so many like him come and go in my lifetime and their stories never end well. He he has been a product of &#8220;tough love&#8221; He is fiercely loyal and will go down with the ship to protect those he believes care for him.

<modsnip>

Could it be that granddad just got there and that's why little one said "papa!"? Or was it after she said it that Mom said he was on his way over? Sorry I can't go back and listen rn and can't remember!

Yes I wondered that too just seemed odd because that voice seemed calm as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper