GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
georgiajean, thanks for the content in the article, my subscriber finger is broken.

2 weeks premature, wondering what is considered premature?
A low birth weight under 5 lbs?
I ask b/c both my children were born in their eighth month, Cole was 6lb 10oz and Sara Grace Elizabeth was 5 lbs and she wasn't considered premature. Both were tiny, thank goodness. lol

2 weeks premature would be 38 weeks, estimated due dates are based on 40 week gestation. Unless they’re saying 38 weeks would have been term which would put her born at 36 weeks but she probably would have had a longer hospital stay if that were the case. ACOG also instructs that length of pregnancy has a normal variable of +/-2 weeks from 40 (38-42)... 3 of my kids were born right at 38 weeks, they were 7lbs 12 oz, 6lbs 9oz, and 6lbs 12oz. My other two were born within 2 days of their EDD and one was 6lbs 12oz and the other was 6lbs 9oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I think premature I think 37 weeks or earlier. My last daughter was preemie, born at 30 weeks, she weighed 2lbs 9oz, she had to stay in NICU until her due date or she weighed at least 5 or 6lbs, can’t remember, that was 14 years ago, but she was in NICU from 7/10-8/29, original EDD was 9/15. My middle daughter was born at 37 weeks & weighed 5lbs 7oz & was not considered “premature” by the doctors.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

My youngest was born 3 weeks early. He was not considered premature. I was told 4 weeks or more early is considered premature while my child was considered "preterm"at 3 weeks ahead of schedule. His birth weight was 4 pounds 7 ozs. His lungs and other organs functioned fine and we went home the following day. They had me breastfeed and supplement with formula and within a couple of months he was normal weight for his age group.

My youngest was born 3 weeks early. He was not considered premature. I was told 4 weeks or more early is considered premature while my child was considered "preterm"at 3 weeks ahead of schedule. His birth weight was 4 pounds 7 ozs. His lungs and other organs functioned fine and we went home the following day. They had me breastfeed and supplement with formula and within a couple of months he was normal weight for his age group.

My oldest was born at 40 weeks 4 days (full term), my second was born at 36 weeks (preterm), and my third was born at 42 weeks (late term). My middle child was 5 pounds but spent a week in the NICU for other reasons.

According to the CDC, preterm is when a baby is born before 37 weeks. Preterm and premature are used interchangeably.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/pretermbirth.htm

Preterm birth is when a baby is born too early, before 37 weeks of pregnancy have been completed.*

That said, the definition of full term changed in 2013, in part because of the increased unnecessary early inductions and cesarean section births.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/full-term-pregnancy-definition-changes/

A baby is considered preterm if he or she is born before 37 weeks of pregnancy. Until now, a "term" baby was defined as one born anytime from 37 weeks to 42 weeks, a few weeks before or after the calculated due date. Now the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is refining the definition of a term pregnancy to make clear that even at the end of the last trimester, a little more time in the womb can be better for a baby's health and development.

My guess is she was born at 38 weeks as full term is still 40 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Set for December with no date:

*Case to Grand Jury - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017) - Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" - 10/10 arrested only so far for a probation violation involving a burglary; investigators say "until they find probable cause CM is a POI in child's death. 10/12 Update: McNabb officially charged with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery & concealing a death/held without bond per Court hearing/under suicide watch 10/13 Update: Goes to Newton Cnty Grand Jury Nov. 3rd. Newton County Grand Jury did not hear the case of Christopher McNabb at its Friday (Nov. 3rd) session. Alcovy Circuit District Attorney Layla Zon said she hopes to present the case to the Grand Jury in December.

:waiting:

:judge:

:bump:

Friday, January 5th:
*Case to Grand Jury today - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017) - Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" - charged malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery & concealing a death/held without bond; under suicide watch. 10/10 arrested only so far for a probation violation involving a burglary. GJ delayed from Nov. 3rd session.

Indicted!

A Newton County grand jury on Friday indicted the man accused of killing his 2-week-old daughter and attempting to hide her body in the woods.

Christopher Michael McNabb, 27. was indicted on eight charges, including malice murder, felony murder, second-degree murder, aggravated battery and concealing the death of another. McNabb is accused of killing baby Caliyah inside the family’s home by striking her in the head, according to investigators. Then, he allegedly wrapped her in a blanket and T-shirt, put her in a bag and attempted to hide her under debris, arrest warrants said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...ath-week-old-daughter/SXZ4BKjEFLoXwmdYfazNFJ/

BREAKING: Newton County mother charged in death of 2-week-old girl

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...d-death-week-old-girl/S9UWiYhIAsikeRSeWt7BLJ/

It is about time!!!

OMG! This is just breaking. It looks like the Grand Jury indicted Bell on the same day as Christopher McNabb:

COVINGTON, Ga. – The mother and father of a 15-day-old baby found dead in October were indicted in her death by a Newton County grand jury Friday.

According to a statement from District Attorney Layla Zon, Caliyah McNabb’s father, Christopher, was indicted by on eight counts including murder, felony murder, murder in the second degree and aggravated battery.

Caliyah’s mother, Cortney Bell, was charged with murder in the second degree, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor.
Bell had previously not been charged. She was taken into custody Saturday afternoon by Marshals and Newton County Sheriff’s Office deputies in the parking lot of Home Depot in Conyers.

http://www.waltontribune.com/article_573da800-f327-11e7-9ff0-8f1aa97ee36b.html

Wow, Bell's charged with second-degree murder, cruelty to children and deprivation of a minor. I think many of us had suspicions, especially after listening to her 911 call, but the murder charge did surprise me. Waiting to hear more...

6e044469c2631735c3ec3e1af460e342.jpg

Let’s all just take a moment and remember the “grieving” mother who called 911. A 2 week old baby.... 2 weeks old. They beat that child to death.

It's sad that I had to refresh my memory on which case this was. So many little babas being taken away. So many of us would do anything for a chance. Makes me so sad.
I'm glad justice will be served. (I hope)

It's sad that I had to refresh my memory on which case this was. So many little babas being taken away. So many of us would do anything for a chance. Makes me so sad.
I'm glad justice will be served. (I hope)

I, too, had to think a moment because I had Caliyah and Mariah’s moms confused. So many selfish adults who are not protecting their most precious treasures.

I, too, had to think a moment because I had Caliyah and Mariah’s moms confused. So many selfish adults who are not protecting their most precious treasures.

Exactly who I was confused with as well. Also the baby that the boy friend raped and killed. Sadly forget her name. I know it's horrible. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member