GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, maybe I missed it, has he ever been arrested for drugs? Or is everyone just assuming from the pictures he takes them?

There might be a mention of drugs in the article above. I guess I need to re read it!

There might be a mention of drugs in the article above. I guess I need to re read it!

If you go to page 13 on this thread and read post #183 it states that drug paraphenalia was found in a sack near the baby's body.

Do they know it was his? I'm not defending him at all. I just think all the times he has been arrested drugs would have shown up.

Do they know it was his? I'm not defending him at all. I just think all the times he has been arrested drugs would have shown up.
I was just reading the article posted above listing his criminal history and was surprised to see no mention of drugs.

His behavior starting at at least age 14 has become increasingly troubling but no drug charges.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was just reading the article posted above listing his criminal history and was surprised to see no mention of drugs.

His behavior starting at at least age 14 has become increasingly troubling but no drug charges.

That's why i asked what was the significance of the drug paraphenalia being found near the body of a deceased 2 week old baby? Who was doing the drugs and why would someone place the drug paraphenalia near Caliyah? If you were doing drugs you certainly wouldn't place that there knowing LE was all over the place searching for the baby i wouldn't think? Doesn't make sense IMO.

Do LE normally test someone for drugs if they are arrested on other charges? Is it standard procedure to do that?

Do LE normally test someone for drugs if they are arrested on other charges? Is it standard procedure to do that?
I think it depends on the judge. The court can order drug testing as part of sentencing.

LE can also drug test if they suspect you were under the influence while "in control" of a vehicle in Georgia. I'm wondering if any of the car theft incidents could be considered in control of a vehicle with suspicion of being under the influence. Not sure if it ever occurred, though. I would assume if it did and he tested positive, drug or DUI charges would have been added on.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-refusal-blood-breath-urine-test/georgia.htm

I think it depends on the judge. The court can order drug testing as part of sentencing.

LE can also drug test if they suspect you were under the influence while "in control" of a vehicle in Georgia. I'm wondering if any of the car theft incidents could be considered in control of a vehicle with suspicion of being under the influence. Not sure if it ever occurred, though. I would assume if it did and he tested positive, drug or DUI charges would have been added on.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-refusal-blood-breath-urine-test/georgia.htm

Thanks for posting up the info. & link. Yeah, not sure if he was ever drug tested previously, so hard to say if he was actually doing drugs? But then who placed drug paraphenalia there if it wasn't his? I guess they would test it for DNA maybe?

So by definition drug paraphenalia is classified as any equipment used to administer a drug such as (quote) like opium pipes, water pipes, vials, hypodermic needles (when there is no medical necessity for them), miniature spoons, etc. It can also include items that are used to manufacture or package the products, such as plastic bags, growing materials, weighing machines, etc.
But no illegal substance only those things used for an illegal substance.

So by definition drug paraphenalia is classified as any equipment used to administer a drug such as (quote) like opium pipes, water pipes, vials, hypodermic needles (when there is no medical necessity for them), miniature spoons, etc. It can also include items that are used to manufacture or package the products, such as plastic bags, growing materials, weighing machines, etc.
But no illegal substance only those things used for an illegal substance.
States can get crazy with the "packaging" definition, too. For example, here in Arizona, people have been charged for paraphernalia for having pockets if they were carrying their drugs there. This is done in order to bump charges up to felonies, because simple possession is not a felony in Arizona for the first three times a person is arrested. So, even a purse, wallet, or pouch could be classified as paraphernalia if the person could be shown to have carried drugs in it. Prosecutors will exploit the law's loopholes to try to force people to plead or to get prison time when the actual crime does not warrant it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

When you get released from jail or prison, most of the time you are on parole. They can come into your home at any moment un anounced and check your entire house. Turn it upside down. No warning. If they find ANYTHING you are not supposed to have you get a violation of parole and can go back.

I could venture out and guess that using the grandparents address for the courts would keep them from coming to the mobile home park and check his place where I would put a lot of money on him having drugs, etc based on his actions. That way they could go the grandparents house where it was probably safe/drug free and not find anything.

Oh yeah, parole or probation can do that at any time. They can pull you over and dismantle your vehicle on the side of the road and leave you standing there to put it all back together too.

However, unless it's different in TX, he'd had to have submitted a home plan and provided the address where was going to live when he was released. Parole investigates that address to see if it suitable. At the very least they'd have contacted his g/f's parents to let them know they were listed, and what their responsibilities might be, and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they'd ask to visit the home.and check it out personally. They'd ask the parents if they were cool with him living there, if they had firearms at the residence, etc...

Ok, maybe I missed it, has he ever been arrested for drugs? Or is everyone just assuming from the pictures he takes them?

I've not seen an arrest for drugs. This news reporter stated that one of the women had told her that drug paraphernalia was found nearby, when they found the baby, however, someone could've just been shooting up in the woods, and left it there. His arrests have normally been for theft and breaking conditions of parole (at least the ones I've found).

https://twitter.com/MarissaMFOX5/status/917140510699122693/photo/1

I don't think that LE can perform a drug test on you, unless you consent, or you are under probation, or parole, at the time of your arrest. I don't think that many people know that though. If you refuse the test(s), you are likely going to jail, but, you are reducing the amount of evidence that they have against you too.

http://www.arrestedtexas.com/You-have-the-Right-to-Refuse.aspx

Father of missing newborn speaking to reporter: [video=twitter;916817065775943680]https://twitter.com/MarissaMFOX5/status/916817065775943680[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least he got the hat right. cause the closest thing to truth surrounding him is written above his head. Straight. .as in STRAIGHT TO HELL where he will be rotting.

I don't think that LE can perform a drug test on you, unless you consent, or you are under probation, or parole, at the time of your arrest. I don't think that many people know that though. If you refuse the test(s), you are likely going to jail, but, you are reducing the amount of evidence that they have against you too.

http://www.arrestedtexas.com/You-have-the-Right-to-Refuse.aspx

Well i guess in McNabb's case he was under probation because he was arrested on probation violation, but whether he was drug tested or not is unknown at this stage.

At least he got the hat right. cause the closest thing to truth surrounding him is written above his head. Straight. .as in STRAIGHT TO HELL where he will be rotting.

I would imagine he was already in a state of hell if he murdered a newborn baby.

Well i guess in McNabb's case he was under probation because he was arrested on probation violation, but whether he was drug tested or not is unknown at this stage.

It's my guess that he was drug screened due to being on parole, just because they can, and the nature of the crime he's accused of committing. However, in order to be out on parole, he'd likely been subjected to drug screens when he saw his p.o. Just drinking alcohol could have gotten him sent back while on parole. If he'd dropped dirty then he'd more than likely have gone back inside (for how long I don't know. It varies sometimes.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState