GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per post #78 she was born 9/23 which means today 10/8 she is.. 15 days old

And time for her 2 week check-up. I wonder if she went Thursday or Friday or if mom has an appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to bow out of this one for a while. I'm really getting the heebie jeebies here.[/

Me too Tealgrove... I get you. I've been following the Sherin Mathews case (TX Amber Alert) which isn't looking good, and that's about all I can handle right now. ~ Peace, everyone...

One big problem I see here is that it makes no sense for a kidnapper to kidnap between 5 and 10 am. It's getting light out, people are waking up to go to early shifts or perhaps returning home from work. In a small community it's likely that anyone seeing a person with a baby that morning would remember. So why risk it in that time period? Why not sneak in when it's dark out?

Another problem IMO is after looking at photos of their trailer it seems like the design and size of the windows would be problematic for someone trying to break in.

There's been no mention of whether or not the parents locked the trailer door(s?) that night but even if they didn't a trailer is so small it seems like it would be hard for someone to sneak in quietly. And how would they even know which bedroom to find baby Caliyah? What if they stumbled into the parents' room instead?

Most of all though I'm taking a hint from Capt. Crum who last night said "It started out as a missing child (report), but we treat it as a potential homicide, kidnapping." IMO LE is thinking this is a recovery operation. Against all odds I hope they're wrong. :tears:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/day-o...picious-circumstances/frXQ7qHZ1tehtsRcfvTwhI/
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/more-questions-than-answers-in-search-for-missing-baby

P.S. Most msm is saying Caliyah was born September 24 though I saw a couple articles that said September 23.

I wonder if there were any other adults sleeping over or living there?
The horrific case of Shaylyn Ammerman has never left my mind.

That one immediately came to my mind, too. Horrifying.

Replying to post #64 (I don't know how to reply to a partial post). I started thinking too, last night, that surely the parents knew that if the 2 yr-old did hurt the baby, it would be considered strictly a tragic accident and there would be no need to "cover it up". kwim A child that age would not be found at fault for anything malicious as say an older child might be. I hope they find out more today..she has such a precious face!!!

I thought about the two year old, as well. Perhaps trying to comfort the baby with a blanket or pillow. Hypothetical, of course.

My first thought, though: why cover it up? Surely a two year old won’t be charged for a tragic accident. Also, I’m not sure a two year old would remember the incident if it wasn’t discussed by the family, so psychologically it might not have an impact as it might for an older child.

My second thought: why cover it up? If the sibling was involved, perhaps the parents thought they might face charges of child endangerment, neglect, etc. Who knows what - if any - charges the parents could face? If the parents thought they could be charged, and as a result lose custody of their two year old, that might be their incentive to cover up.

Of course this is just one theory. (Not my primary one, either.)

So the news report states that the dogs lost the scent along a trail nearby. Was she placed in a vehicle there ? I would think that a newborn baby would fetch a lot of $$ ...jmo

This family member almost sounds like she suspects a parent harmed her....I hope I'm reading that wrong.

Michael King , WXIA*10:37 AM. EDT October 08, 2017

COVINGTON, GA - The search continues for a 2-week-old infant reported missing from the Eagle Point Trailer Park.*

The baby, Caliyah McNabb, was reported missing by her parents, Courtney Bell and Chris McNabb, Saturday morning.

According to Newton County Sheriff's Capt. Keith Crum, the parents reported that the child was fine at 5 am when they fed and changed her, but when they went to check on the child at 10 am, she was missing from the bedroom.*

Little Caliyah*was born*premature on Sept. 23 and weighs only about 5 pounds.*

"I'm trying to take care of my kids and my mind is wrapped around what happened could this have happened," said Megan Sorrells, Caliyah's aunt. "I went through this house and tore this house to pieces. Dirty clothes, cabinets, refrigerators, freezers, toilets ... I even climbed up under this trailer because I finally got to thinking the worst has happened to this little girl."

Police say the parents volunteered to go to the sheriffs office for questioning and were released without charges.

"I looked in all these garbage cans," Sorrells said. "You shouldn't have to go to a garbage can to find a baby. I know this is crazy but I mean, it's just crazy to think someone came in this house in the middle of the night and took her.

"It's getting harder because I really hoped to hear something," Sorrells said. "I was hoping she would be found."

Crum said police have canvassed the area and used a search dog to track the baby's scent to about a mile away from the trailer park before coming back.*

Deputies have interviewed both parents and other relatives, and, according to Crum, everyone has been cooperative throughout their investigation.*

He indicated that they would continue their investigation, despite the potential incoming severe weather.*

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/n...ching-for-missing-2-week-old-infant/481616961

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

So the news report states that the dogs lost the scent along a trail nearby. Was she placed in a vehicle there ? I would think that a newborn baby would fetch a lot of $$ ...jmo

Why would you report the child missing if you sold it though? Simply tell family you gave the baby up for adoption. Why invite this kind of scrutiny?

Why would you report the child missing if you sold it though? Simply tell family you gave the baby up for adoption. Why invite this kind of scrutiny?

I was thinking more of someone outside the immediate family. Someone who knew the layout of the trailer. sadly though, I think many posters here know where this is going...

Our premature twins came home from the hospital when they were both under 5 lbs. BUT they had to be fed every 2 hours around the clock. I had to set an alarm so I wouldn't sleep past their feedings. I have a very hard time believing a premature baby that little could go 5 hours without being fed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at Google Street View from January 2017. I'm not seeing any obvious security cameras at the entrance to the mobile home park. Doesn't mean there are none, I'm just not seeing any. I wonder if any exist. There is a High Point Baptist Church just 0.3 miles down GA-36. I wonder if they might have video cameras? If so and they give a decent view of traffic on GA-36, perhaps it could be looked at for vehicles/pedestrians during the hours in question. As I understand the baby's scent was followed for about a mile down the road from the park, though I am not sure in which direction.
I also wonder how far back into the park their mobile home is.

I don't know if I am posting this right, but here is a map from mobile home park to church.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hig...37a4d5c487!2m2!1d-83.849658!2d33.521354?hl=en

[video=twitter;917105327870480387]https://twitter.com/ChrisJoseWSB/status/917105327870480387[/video]
Chris Jose ✔@ChrisJoseWSB
Breaking: Search volunteers in Newton Co have found missing baby Caliyah McNabb. She was located in the woods in a duffel bag. @wsbtv

Oh no! From the picture on twitter above, out in the woods is not good!

So sad! It's just as we expected!

Going five hours without feeding her was the significant clue for me.

Bless her heart. There are so many couples that would love to have her and treated her like a princess.

So sad! It's just as we expected!

Going five hours without feeding her was the significant clue for me.

Bless her heart. There are so many couples that would love to have her and treated her like a princess.

No one has been arrested yet but it's not looking good for Caliyah's parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321