GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/breaking-ncso-investigating-missing-baby/

It appears there were two prior 911 calls to the residence.

UPDATE (Oct. 14, 8 a.m.): The Covington News obtained transcripts of two 911 calls reported from Lot 31 of the Eagle Point Mobile Home Park prior to the Oct. 7 incident.

According to the transcripts, 911 calls were made on Aug. 22 and Oct. 3. Crystal Marks, of Covington-Newton 911 Center, said she was unsure of when the McNabb family started living at the address, but it does not appear to be earlier than 2017.

According to the Aug. 22 transcript, another resident of the mobile home park called to report the tenants of Lot 31 were "busting windows out of the home."

According to the Oct. 3 transcript, the complainant's parents picked up both her two-year-old daughter and newborn without her permission. She was able to get her two-year-old out of the vehicle, but the newborn had left the scene with her parents. The report does not state the name of the complainant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE (Oct. 14, 8 a.m.): The Covington News obtained transcripts of two 911 calls reported from Lot 31 of the Eagle Point Mobile Home Park prior to the Oct. 7 incident.

According to the transcripts, 911 calls were made on Aug. 22 and Oct. 3. Crystal Marks, of Covington-Newton 911 Center, said she was unsure of when the McNabb family started living at the address, but it does not appear to be earlier than 2017.

According to the Aug. 22 transcript, another resident of the mobile home park called to report the tenants of Lot 31 were "busting windows out of the home."

According to the Oct. 3 transcript, the complainant's parents picked up both her two-year-old daughter and newborn without her permission. She was able to get her two-year-old out of the vehicle, but the newborn had left the scene with her parents. The report does not state the name of the complainant.

According to the PDF of the call, CB allowed the both children to spend the night with her cousin and they were taken from the cousin’s house. The PDF says it was confirmed CB father had the baby. Since CB name and number was listed as the contact, I assume she is the one who made the call.

According to the PDF of the call, CB allowed the both children to spend the night with her cousin and they were taken from the cousin’s house. The PDF says it was confirmed CB father had the baby. Since CB name and number was listed as the contact, I assume she is the one who made the call.

That's the way that I understood it too.

Sending a newborn, I mean REALLY newborn to "spend the night" with someone? WHAT?? I cannot understand the dynamic of this family.

Sending a newborn, I mean REALLY newborn to "spend the night" with someone? WHAT?? I cannot understand the dynamic of this family.

I sorta can. I am not accusing anyone of anything I'm only speaking from what I've seen during my time here on earth. The breaking out of the trailer windows, and the infant going to a cousin's home, then grandpa trying to take them both home with him, speaks to drug use in the home, to me. His family had probably already stepped back b/c of the things we've read in an earlier news release. It seems they had some serious issues with their son. Her family seemed as if they were still trying to get her to "see the light", as we say here. People who are drug abusers do not think like we think; their only goal is the next hit. The older daughter may have already spent a lot of time at other family member's homes so it was natural to the parents to send the infant too. (I know, an overnight stay for a 9-10 day old infant, unless it's an emergency is not normal, but, I've seen stranger things...) Now that the father was out of jail, and the baby had arrived, maybe the mother's family became even more concerned, and saw an opportunity to intervene. I would like to know what the grandparents told LE as to why they were taking the children.

I sorta can. I am not accusing anyone of anything I'm only speaking from what I've seen during my time here on earth. The breaking out of the trailer windows, and the infant going to a cousin's home, then grandpa trying to take them both home with him, speaks to drug use in the home, to me. His family had probably already stepped back b/c of the things we've read in an earlier news release. It seems they had some serious issues with their son. Her family seemed as if they were still trying to get her to "see the light", as we say here. People who are drug abusers do not think like we think; their only goal is the next hit. The older daughter may have already spent a lot of time at other family member's homes so it was natural to the parents to send the infant too. (I know, an overnight stay for a 9-10 day old infant, unless it's an emergency is not normal, but, I've seen stranger things...) Now that the father was out of jail, and the baby had arrived, maybe the mother's family became even more concerned, and saw an opportunity to intervene. I would like to know what the grandparents told LE as to why they were taking the children.

Thanks for this. I actually can see the dynamic, and I've seen it so many times, but I just can't fathom these babies living in upheaval all.the.time. I feel such compassion for Courtney. Having a newborn and a toddler is the most frustrating, exhausting, unsure time to navigate. But it should also be full of joy. I get the feeling she did not enjoy many of the amazing moments new moms experience. I don't know her, but I feel for her.

When I first listened to the 911 call, I was sure she was involved. When I hear it now, I hear such fear and desperation in her voice, trying to cry out for help while unable to comprehend what she already knows in her heart. This verse comes to mind when I think of her....

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”
**Psalms‬ *34:18

So that 911 call was 4 days before the baby was murdered... makes me wonder, if Mom took the girls to cousins because of the violence by him, to protect them? Maybe cousin told parents, parents tried to intervene... but because domestic violence rears its ugly head, Dad talked Mom into getting kids back, making grandparents the evil ones, to isolate Mom and kids even more so.... this unfortunately happens often. I’ve seen it many times while I was in group therapy for domestic violence at the women’s shelter.

Thanks for this. I actually can see the dynamic, and I've seen it so many times, but I just can't fathom these babies living in upheaval all.the.time. I feel such compassion for Courtney. Having a newborn and a toddler is the most frustrating, exhausting, unsure time to navigate. But it should also be full of joy. I get the feeling she did not enjoy many of the amazing moments new moms experience. I don't know her, but I feel for her.

When I first listened to the 911 call, I was sure she was involved. When I hear it now, I hear such fear and desperation in her voice, trying to cry out for help while unable to comprehend what she already knows in her heart. This verse comes to mind when I think of her....

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”
**Psalms‬ *34:18

When I first heard the call, I too felt she was involved, and in lots of cases her type of call throws up red flags. I've a feeling he was close by. My friend still suffers from PTSD and her former spouse has been deceased for several years now. She had happy times with her children when he was away from the home. I hope that CB was able to find some moments of happiness with her newborn, when he was sleeping, or away from the home, that she can remember of her little Caliyah. She and her older daughter have a long road to recovery.

I am sure both families have been put through the wringer with CM's issues. There was the domestic violence going on in addition to Cailyah's birth. I'm sure it was a real balancing act for CB to keep the peace and to maintain some semblence of parenting under those horrific conditions.

I understand her state of mind when she allowed both girls to stay overnight at the cousin's and for the grandfather to want to bring both girls to the safety of his home. She wanted to protect her children and removing them from the house with a father clearly out of his mind on drugs, I understand the sacrifice she made in that moment. She was hiding her secret, dealing with her life with a crazy man, trying to raise her child, and the pregnancy.

It's was probably a mad house she couldn't find the strength to escape. It's such a shame that Cailyah had to die to end that relationship once and for all. I hope CB gets into therapy and get the help she so desperately needs so she can go on with her life.... I'm praying for her and the 2 year old stuck in that situation..... So sad that it had to turn out this way....

I believe previous posts questioning CB's responses during the released 911 call were deleted as she is considered a victim of DV under TOS. Those posts mentioned CB stating she was up most of the night "dealing with her."
I suspect Caliyah may have been colicky and crying for long stretches, not sleeping or able to be soothed. I personally lived through the hell of colic, acid reflux, and uncolable crying jags in the first two months of my firstborn child's life. The toxic mix of lack of sleep, frustration, hopelessness, and failure wore on my husband and I. Thank God we changed strategies and supported each other: took shifts (so each one of us could get a period of sleep) as both of us delirious and awake together did not help. There were times I had to lay my daughter on her back in her crib and walk out of the room for a few minutes to take deep breaths and compose myself. We sought help from a new pediatrician who diagnosed acid reflux and milk protein allergy. After antacid medication and specialized formula my daughter's pain was relieved and it was like we had a new baby.
My point is that I suspect CM snapped and couldn't take anymore of the baby's crying and screaming and then struck her while CB nodded off in exhaustion on the couch. So sad and tragic and preventable had CM just placed her in a safe place and walked out of the room.
Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So that 911 call was 4 days before the baby was murdered... makes me wonder, if Mom took the girls to cousins because of the violence by him, to protect them? Maybe cousin told parents, parents tried to intervene... but because domestic violence rears its ugly head, Dad talked Mom into getting kids back, making grandparents the evil ones, to isolate Mom and kids even more so.... this unfortunately happens often. I’ve seen it many times while I was in group therapy for domestic violence at the women’s shelter.

Unfortunately, if the grandparents were trying to intervene, was this what set CM off and caused him to harm the baby? Women are at the highest likelihood of being physically abused during pregnancy because of changing dynamics and stress. Also, in the ER, medical professionals are required to call in assaults - unless it is a DV case and the victim refuses to have it reported. This was always very difficult for me, BUT DV cases often turn into homicide cases after a well meaning outsider has brought attention to the abuse. The perpetrator is pushed over the edge and snaps... maybe grandparents tried to intervene and in his “ain’t right” mind, he assumed getting rid of the infant would get the grandparents out of his business....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe previous posts questioning CB's responses during the released 911 call were deleted as she is considered a victim of DV under TOS. Those posts mentioned CB stating she was up most of the night "dealing with her."
I suspect Caliyah may have been colicky and crying for long stretches, not sleeping or able to be soothed. I personally lived through the hell of colic, acid reflux, and uncolable crying jags in the first two months of my firstborn child's life. The toxic mix of lack of sleep, frustration, hopelessness, and failure wore on my husband and I. Thank God we changed strategies and supported each other: took shifts (so each one of us could get a period of sleep) as both of us delirious and awake together did not help. There were times I had to lay my daughter on her back in her crib and walk out of the room for a few minutes to take deep breaths and compose myself. We sought help from a new pediatrician who diagnosed acid reflux and milk protein allergy. After antacid medication and specialized formula my daughter's pain was relieved and it was like we had a new baby.
My point is that I suspect CM snapped and couldn't take anymore of the baby's crying and screaming and then struck her while CB nodded off in exhaustion on the couch. So sad and tragic and preventable had CM just placed her in a safe place and walked out of the room.
Just my opinion....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe It’s stated that he had planned on murdering the baby ☹️

It appears there were two prior 911 calls to the residence.

From what I understand the cousin lives in the same park. If they practically lived next to each other then IMO it's not much different from me going to my daughters' homes to help out with their newborns .

In the second call grandfather TB didn't want the children returned to CM's home. The earlier call occurred when CB was very pregnant. If these were due to DV on CM's part why didn't LE arrest him either time? Why didn't TB explain to the officers why he tried to take the children? Why was the first call filed as property damage?

To be clear I'm not accusing anyone other than CM of anything - I'm trying to understand why LE didn't intervene either time. And yes I get that CB may have been too frightened to say anything and maybe was forced to get the kids away from her dad but apparentlyTB was frightened for his daughter and granddaughters. Wouldn't he have said something to LE? If he did tell the officers CM was abusing CB and maybe the kids too would that have been enough to arrest CM or at least call CPS?

IMO red flags were flying everywhere. It's heartbreaking that LE didn't (or couldn't) act either time.

Now I'm confused about the second 911 call on October 3 where TB [correcting myself, the police report says parents] tried to take both of the children. He said they didn't know about the abuse until Sunday. I mistakenly thought they knew all along. So what happened on October 3?

"We just learned about all these beatings, Sunday, when she went in for more questioning - after they arrested him and Newton County had him in for questioning and all," Tim Bell said. "Sheriff's department took pictures of her back and all which was about a solid bruise, what they say."

Looking at the situation now, he said he wished she had come forward but understood why she didn't.

"There it is again, he had her self-esteem so low that she felt like he was the only one she could turn to and this was the outcome of it," Bell said.

http://www.11alive.com/news/he-was-...ther-describes-babys-alleged-killer/482681441

From what I understand the cousin lives in the same park. If they practically lived next to each other then IMO it's not much different from me going to my daughters' homes to help out with their newborns .

In the second call grandfather TB didn't want the children returned to CM's home. The earlier call occurred when CB was very pregnant. If these were due to DV on CM's part why didn't LE arrest him either time? Why didn't TB explain to the officers why he tried to take the children? Why was the first call filed as property damage?

To be clear I'm not accusing anyone other than CM of anything - I'm trying to understand why LE didn't intervene either time. And yes I get that CB may have been too frightened to say anything and maybe was forced to get the kids away from her dad but apparentlyTB was frightened for his daughter and granddaughters. Wouldn't he have said something to LE? If he did tell the officers CM was abusing CB and maybe the kids too would that have been enough to arrest CM or at least call CPS?

IMO red flags were flying everywhere. It's heartbreaking that LE didn't (or couldn't) act either time.

If LE arrests CM for abuse and CB still has to live with him, she is MORE at risk when he bonds out. DV charges do not lead to long jail terms... When he returns to the home, she is at a GREATER risk of violence. DV must be reported by the victim and she has to be ready to leave to safety. Women in physically abusive situations are generally also emotionally abused and feel like no one else would want them - the self esteem takes a beating as well. Getting someone out of a DV environment is very tricky if they are not ready to leave.

I think CB's father might have known that CM was a pretty horrible person BUT not realized that he was also beating his daughter black and blue. He might know he's a drug user and it was best for the kids to be away from him but not realize the full extent of what was going on at the time.

Are you serious? Is that true? Horrifying

Yes, this is true. My now exH raped our daughter (at 13) and sexually abused our son (up to 3 years old) and when he gets out of prison in five years I'm going to have to deal with him getting custody back and visitation (right now he has neither).

Yes, this is true. My now exH raped our daughter (at 13) and sexually abused our son (up to 3 years old) and when he gets out of prison in five years I'm going to have to deal with him getting custody back and visitation (right now he has neither).

Aw, I am so so sorry that you and your children have to deal with such a nightmare. :candle: :grouphug:

The courts these days are leaning heavily towards the sentiment that " being a parent is a fundamental right."

I am sorry, but I think that a parent gives up that right, once they sexually or physically abuse their child, or any child. If you decide to rape a child, you should not count on retaining your 'rights' as a father. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES