GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I definately want to help and since I have a myspace acct to supervise my children, I can help there too. You can message me here at WS or at myspace; http://www.myspace.com/Colleen1349

Here is a post I made on another forum a few days ago, thought I'd share:

MySpace is an incredible tool for listing missing/UIDS/wanted.

MySpace.com reached new heights with 50 million visitors in May [2006]that is virtually the equivalent of the whole UK population visiting the site in one month!

There are some incredible MySpace pages being made reaching millions of people!!!! (uh, I kinda link mine
wink.gif
www.myspace.com/do_u_recognize_me )

Shadow has created several incredible sites:

Looking for Anna Christian Waters
http://www.myspace.com/rust205

George Brody-Do you know this man?
http://www.myspace.com/georgebrody

This one is my favorite, This case tears my heart apart!!!!
The Sodder Children, where are these 5 children???
http://www.myspace.com/sodderchildren

If you are good on MySpace, I have several page ideas, however, I just don't have the time to do them.....any volunteers? coldcaseinvestigations@charter.net

The Sodder case is from down where I grew up in West Virginia. I agree, it's a terrible case and I so wish they would solve it. You're right though...we can make a difference, and it starts not just with activism, but education.

I do myspace layouts and graphics. Count me in!!!

Richandfamous - I'm a children's advocate and I have to say it is very rewarding! So go do it. They need all the help, love and support we can give them!

Salem

This one is so bad. I read today that the cops told the dad that he didn't suffer. Either it was a misprint or the cop flat out lied.

Sometimes I feel I would like to see the DP abolished here in the states, then something like this happens and it's like it's the only satisfying answer.

I cried last night after I watched Greta and they talked about what happened to this poor baby. I have a son who will be 6. I cant fathom what this poor child went through. They said on Greta that 4 people were involved, I pray they all get the DP and its fast (the trial).

What a horrible crime, just when you think human beings can get no more depraved than Couey, Duncan et al we get the Edenfields,

When I heard the DA say last night on Greta that he was filing to pursue the death penalty, I cheered. I think these people ought to receive the immediate DP, as in someone needs to take them out behind the jail and shoot them. TODAY.

I'm just sick about this, I don't want the death penalty, I want the torture penalty for the rest of their long miserable lives.

VB

I was hoping so bad this wouldnt be the outcome for this family. I need to read up on this story here because I cant understand why they would let him be out by himself at six years old let alone with known child molestors around.

He was on his street though in front of his house right? Ugh...I think the ugliness of the crime has wiped out my memory of the facts because now I can not remember exactly where they lived in proportion to his g-ma.

I know that some people don't think that the sex offenders in their area form a huge danger to their child. Or that the risk in not large enough to keep their child from living a normal lifestyle and letting them play outside. I live in a nice upper middle class neighborhood in a small suburb. Before 2 months ago there was only 1 sex offender listed in my zip code/city combo (now there are 2) and that is a very small number compared to most zip codes. The sex offender just happens to live on the street behind mine and does not have his exact offense listed. There are kids all through my neighborhood. On a nice day there are at least 10 just on my street out playing basketball, riding bikes or in groups talking and hanging out. I am super paranoid mom though. I watch my kids and have rules for them but everyone else think I am crazy. We live in such a great neighborhood that would never happen here...or so I am told when I tell my kids they are not running wild through the neighborhood with their friends. YET if something ever happened to a child here I am sure the first thing people everywhere would say is, "There was a sex offender living right down the street why was any child let outside to play?" .

IN my paranoid defense :D I might be more paranoid then most because 10 years ago a girl from the city I live in was abducted from her front yard while she was with other children by a sex offender. Most parents around my neighborhood though(even with the information that a sex offender lives in the neighborhood) are OK with their kids , some as young as 4 :eek: , playing outside by themselves.

I cried last night after I watched Greta and they talked about what happened to this poor baby. I have a son who will be 6. I cant fathom what this poor child went through. They said on Greta that 4 people were involved, I pray they all get the DP and its fast (the trial).

It does seem to hit harder for me too Michelle because I have 4 and 6 year old sons with bright smiles and happy eyes like Christopher. And we live in Georgia. So there are several connections that make it feel very personal.

My happiness is that Christopher is at peace. My sadness is that his family's suffering is unfathomable. My happiness is that we have an opportunity to use this tragedy to change too-lenient sex offender laws. My sadness is that the people who did this were victims of sexual abuse themselves.

I pray for peace for all who are suffering from this tragedy.

I was hoping so bad this wouldnt be the outcome for this family. I need to read up on this story here because I cant understand why they would let him be out by himself at six years old let alone with known child molestors around. . My prayers are with his family and vengeance for the murderers.

I haven't read anything that indicates Christopher's family knew their were known child molestors around. They probably let him go out by himself to the swingset for the same reason I let my 6-year-old go out into our yard by himself - because they thought he was safe and old enough to do that. But we don't really know the full details - I can't fault the parents.

I haven't read anything that indicates Christopher's family knew their were known child molestors around. They probably let him go out by himself to the swingset for the same reason I let my 6-year-old go out into our yard by himself - because they thought he was safe and old enough to do that. But we don't really know the full details - I can't fault the parents.

No they knew and had warned him about them and to stay away from them accrding to the grandmother :( .

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0307/1601_barrios.html

No they knew and had warned him about them and to stay away from them accrding to the grandmother :( .

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0307/1601_barrios.html

Oh my God, SLP! I had not read that. His parents must be absolutely torturing themselves. Heartbreaking. When there's a known child molester around, I agree that you can't let your children out of your sight. Of course, it's the unknown ones that scare me more than the known ones....

We live in such a great neighborhood that would never happen here...or so I am told when I tell my kids they are not running wild through the neighborhood with their friends. YET if something ever happened to a child here I am sure the first thing people everywhere would say is, "There was a sex offender living right down the street why was any child let outside to play?" .

It happens in every neighborhood regardless of income, which is exactly why no child should EVER be allowed to play outside alone.

Oh my God, SLP! I had not read that. His parents must be absolutely torturing themselves. Heartbreaking. When there's a known child molester around, I agree that you can't let your children out of your sight. Of course, it's the unknown ones that scare me more than the known ones....

The Grandmother probably would have known about the sex offender because her son, Christopher's father, is a registered sex offender also.
The Grandmother said she told Christopher to "stay away from those people because they are bad people and they will hurt you." and, Christopher said, "no, grandma, they are nice to me."
I heard this with my own ears in a live televised interview!
Now I ask you, if you knew they were bad people, would you let your six year old out by himself? I would NOT. My opine!

Richandfamous - I'm a children's advocate and I have to say it is very rewarding! So go do it. They need all the help, love and support we can give them!

Salem

God Bless you! I found out about being a child's advocate because I have a foster daughter that I don't have legal custody of and we have had problems with her druggy mother so we had the court appoint her an advocate.
We have had our foster daughter for 2 years and she is a wonderful kid.
I don't know how she came out of all of that and is the wonderful person she is now.

(sorry about the run on sentences) lol

I am so sick and disgusted over this and what makes even more heinous is that this perverts parents were involved as well. Sick details on Nancy Grace's show the other nights. I got teary eyed just thinking what this poor boy was going through, and that 2 adults, possibly 3 were present during this horrible abuse.

What really bothers me is that this sex offenders parents, father especially, probably sexually abused him. These 3 adults are the perfect example of trailer trash. My stomach churns just looking at the mug shots.

Very upsetting that this sex offender was even llving next door to kids, and that he served no jail time even though he has previously molested 2 young boys.

I say, put all 3 of these perverts in prison in general population and let poetic justic take control.

The Grandmother probably would have known about the sex offender because her son, Christopher's father, is a registered sex offender also.
The Grandmother said she told Christopher to "stay away from those people because they are bad people and they will hurt you." and, Christopher said, "no, grandma, they are nice to me."
I heard this with my own ears in a live televised interview!
Now I ask you, if you knew they were bad people, would you let your six year old out by himself? I would NOT. My opine!

So sad - and yes, I agree that if I had this information, I wouldn't have let my child out alone....I would also spend most of my waking hours looking for a new place to live. I know that's not always feasible for everyone but I would do what I could to move.

Whoever referenced "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" earlier, in regard to those four, is spot on. Years of inbreeding there, I'd say...imo. Scarier than fiction. It just wrenches my heart knowing that Christopher had to look at those faces.....

I don't know....sometimes I think we, as a society, are making at least some strides toward stopping this...but on days like today, I wonder what it will take to collectively enrage us enough so we'll just throw some stuff into a suitcase, grab the keys, gas up and fall on DC for the Million Mama/Papa March.

Like I heard a reporter say the other day about Dahmer not getting the death penalty.....my God, how many people does one have to eat before the death penalty is warranted?

How many children must die so horribly?

It is not a good day...any day that known child molesters are allowed to walk among us is another day of shame for society.

Excuse me, but I have to go and throw up now....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back