GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are simply no words to express my disgust. I don't for one minute believe that this was something these monsters thought to do on the spur of the moment. Someone in LE needs to put them in a torture device and get them to tell about the other kids/adults they have surely molested. They remind of me of people in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Pigs.

Hi Miimaa
I'm not trying to be rude, but I assume you are posting about the lost boyscout. This thread is for the little 6 year old boy who was kidnapped by a sex offender and possibly the SO's parents. He was killed....found along side of the road in a trash bag. tragic and beyond sad.

I didn't see a thread for the boyscout. I think there is not one because all of that happened and was resolved when the server was down.

btw, I completely agree with what you posted and I hope I did not offend you. :)

OMG!!! Yes - I did mean the boyscout that decided to hitchhike home. I am so sorry. My apologies to anyone I may have offended:doh:

SLP, all the information I've heard says that Christopher was choked to death.

I know everyone here has a brokenheart about this but for some reason it's bothered me much more than the rest of the cases I've read about. I went to sleep last night thinking about this poor child and I woke up thinking of him. I can't think of any punishment for these people that would equal what they put him through.

God bless Mark Lunsford for stepping up to help the father and to get laws passed where these (and those like them) can't hurt any children anymore.

We can see how the son grew up to molest children. I wonder how many generations this goes back in that family.
I hope that all three are put to death. It is sad to think that the mother and father probably molested their son and are responsible that he himself turned into a child molester. What sick, sick people in this world.

SLP, all the information I've heard says that Christopher was choked to death.

I know everyone here has a brokenheart about this but for some reason it's bothered me much more than the rest of the cases I've read about. I went to sleep last night thinking about this poor child and I woke up thinking of him. I can't think of any punishment for these people that would equal what they put him through.

God bless Mark Lunsford for stepping up to help the father and to get laws passed where these (and those like them) can't hurt any children anymore.

I was afraid to go to sleep last night for fears of having nightmares about the horrors that this little boy endured at the hands of pure EVIL. This poor little, terrified child and what he went through breaks my heart. The reality of what these adult humans were capable of doing to this child is beyond sadistic! This case has made me physically sick and has awakened a revengeful dark side of myself that I never knew existed. Torture and a slow and agonizing death is too good for these monsters, IMO.

No words for those people :furious: . I truly hope they get everything they deserve. I will just leave it at that because nothing else I have to say is fit for this forum :silenced: .

Has it been released his cause of death or how he was murdered?

Here's the latest link from Yahoo. As posted above by lizzybeth, little Christopher was choked by these monsters and, died on the day he went missing. This has got to be the sickest, most depraved story I have ever seen in my 46 years on this earth. I cannot find the words to express my anger, shock, and grief over what this poor child endured.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070322/ap_on_re_us/missing_boy;_ylt=AtvDAvKGQLzoMPE8MO0LzoxvzwcF

Thanks for the links and information about Christophers death!

I was afraid to go to sleep last night for fears of having nightmares about the horrors that this little boy endured at the hands of pure EVIL. This poor little, terrified child and what he went through breaks my heart. The reality of what these adult humans were capable of doing to this child is beyond sadistic! This case has made me physically sick and has awakened a revengeful dark side of myself that I never knew existed. Torture and a slow and agonizing death is too good for these monsters, IMO.

I agree completely with everything you said. I feel physically ill over it. I still can not wrap my head around the fact that multiple adults tortured this child (and enjoyed it) and no one helped him or felt anything for him. How can people be that cruel and sick? Ugh..I have 2 children around Christopher's age and I may have to avoid this story. God Bless the people that handle these crimes/monsters because I could not after reading what this little boy went through.

I heard parts of the NG show last night when someone (detective/reporter?) gave the details (haven't read the latest link here yet) about what happened to Christopher and what that evil mother was doing while Christopher was being brutalized. I was in shock, even though I think I've heard it all.

Disclaimer: I'm not excusing the son here, but follow me a little bit.

George Edenfield was mentally retarded. George's father apparently raped Christopher (too?). I wouldn't doubt that the father has been doing things like that to his son all his life, and it sounds like the parents have too, including his mother. AGAIN, I'm not excusing the son, but definitely all three deserve to be behind bars. I just bet the son has been abused all his life too. Being mentally handicapped...I'm not sure he knows what's right vs. wrong, depending on his mental capacity, if you know what I mean.

I also doubt this is the first time for the Edenfield family with a basic stranger. I can't help but wonder if they used George to get kids for them.
The whole thing is so SICK.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way.

EDITED TO ADD that I just read the latest article and the police say George had enough mental capacity to know right from wrong, so now I know that. That article did not mention what the mother was doing while the men were raping Christopher. She was (am I allowed to post it?) masturbating. The whole family is SICK.

The Pros has said that he will ask for the death penalty and I hope and pray that the jury who tries these monsters hate them as much as we all do. May they burn in hell. It is beyond my imagination how 3 adults could do the things that these 3 did to little Christopher. They really are pure evil just like Couey.

I heard parts of the NG show last night when someone (detective/reporter?) gave the details (haven't read the latest link here yet) about what happened to Christopher and what that evil mother was doing while Christopher was being brutalized. I was in shock, even though I think I've heard it all.

Disclaimer: I'm not excusing the son here, but follow me a little bit.

George Edenfield was mentally retarded. George's father apparently raped Christopher (too?). I wouldn't doubt that the father has been doing things like that to his son all his life, and it sounds like the parents have too, including his mother. AGAIN, I'm not excusing the son, but definitely all three deserve to be behind bars. I just bet the son has been abused all his life too. Being mentally handicapped...I'm not sure he knows what's right vs. wrong, depending on his mental capacity, if you know what I mean.

I also doubt this is the first time for the Edenfield family with a basic stranger. I can't help but wonder if they used George to get kids for them.
The whole thing is so SICK.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way.

EDITED TO ADD that I just read the latest article and the police say George had enough mental capacity to know right from wrong, so now I know that. That article did not mention what the mother was doing while the men were raping Christopher. She was (am I allowed to post it?) masturbating. The whole family is SICK.

ITA - the whole family is vile, sick, disgusting, and any other word there is to define repugnant! I am so mad! WHEN will the laws to protect our children be more strict?

What can we do? I know that for the past four days I have been checking for sex offenders in my area who have myspace accounts. I've called the probation offices for each county, and the parole authority and I have been emailing them every single account that I find. It might not be much, but it's getting them off of myspace.

From the CNN article:

"A Georgia law passed last year prohibits registered sex offenders from living within 1,000 feet of a school bus stop. That would have barred the younger Edenfield from living so close, but a pending lawsuit prompted a federal judge last year to block that provision from taking effect."

The Georgia ACLU filed that lawsuit because, they said, 10,000 registered sex offenders in Georgia would be forced to move because they live within 1,000 feet of a school bus stop. Outraged doesn't even begin to describe how mad I am about this. If that lawsuit had not been filed, forcing that federal judge to block the law, those devils would not have been allowed to live where they did and little Christopher just might still be alive and well.

The fact that "human rights groups" are more concerned about the rights of convicted sex offenders than about the rights of the most innocent and defenseless among us, our own children, is absolutely mind boggling to me. How do these people sleep at night??

I hope Christopher's parents sue the freakin ACLU.

I know we all search for answers when something this terrible happens to a child. But the problem with playing the Monday morning quarterback game is that it cuts both ways. If the ACLU lawsuit hadn't been filed and he had stayed, maybe they would have killed another innocent child and that innocent child's picture would be staring at us instead of Christopher's.

The ACLU isn't responsible for Christopher's death. Three adults are responsible for his death. Sounds like Georgia has more than enough evidence to get a death penalty conviction.

JEFFERS: What happened, the boy apparently got off of the school bus around 2:45 in the afternoon. That`s the time that George Edenfield said that he made contact with Christopher. After he made contact with Christopher, we do not know the exact details what happened until then.

But police, subsequently, after finding out he was missing, went systematically questioning sex offenders in the area, got to George, and then he slipped up by telling them he did, indeed, kill Christopher.

GRACE: Well, you know, I get the time line that far. To you, Pat Brosnan, retired NYPD detective, now president of Brosnan Investigations, I`m missing something. You`ve got the child predator who got probation, wandering free. You`ve got him admitting he was with the kid. Now you`ve got a whole entire family, a mother, a father, the predator, all three charged with murder. OK, there`s something missing. What happened?

PAT BROSNAN, RET. NYPD DETECTIVE, BROSNAN INVESTIGATIONS: I don`t even know where to start. I had the unpleasant task of reading and having access to analyze the 13-count indictment, the language of it. This is the worst of the worst, Nancy. It`s unbelievable.

Here you have a registered sex offender living in this trailer, where no less than half a dozen of the resident tenants stated, in the various news clippings, that, "We thought it was very unusual he was looking at the kids goo-goo eyed, he was staring at kids at the bus stop, he was hanging around the bus stop and the playground."

*(becomes graphic after this point in the transcripts)*

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0703/21/ng.01.html

Hi again ya'll.... I wanted to apologize for not getting back on here. I live in Brunswick and between work and helping search... I have been exhausted and since last Thursday... I haven't been in the mood to get on the computer much.

I will try to add the other stuff I hear through LE & FD sources but so far a lot of it is getting out in the press.

I do know they asking for the death penalty for 3 of them and that Donnie Dale is not charged with the murder.

A foundation has been set up in honor of Christopher ( I think The Atlanta Constitution mentions it too... ) but I don't have a lot of details on that...

Please keep this family in your prayers and if it is in your heart, an account was set up to pay for the funeral services (I'm not a lot of help today... been a sad, sad day... but I think it is at Banks of America...

Oh, the light saber was found in the Edenfield's yard...

I'm not all together with it tonight... oh... I read somewhere up above that the grandmother knew about the sex offenders in the neighborhood... yes, she would... Christopher's Dad is also listed too for Stat. Rape... 9 years ago...

Anyways... I'll try to get on here more often to keep up... again... I didn't mean to just disappear on everybody.

ITA - the whole family is vile, sick, disgusting, and any other word there is to define repugnant! I am so mad! WHEN will the laws to protect our children be more strict?

What can we do? I know that for the past four days I have been checking for sex offenders in my area who have myspace accounts. I've called the probation offices for each county, and the parole authority and I have been emailing them every single account that I find. It might not be much, but it's getting them off of myspace.

Jaded, I've been doing that too, but I get no reply. What's your secret?! I've even written to "action news reporter(s)" about certain RSO's nearby and near the school....it's so aggravating. I'll keep trying though. Somehow I want to make a difference. :banghead: I'm glad you are!

Jaded, I've been doing that too, but I get no reply. What's your secret?! I've even written to "action news reporter(s)" about certain RSO's nearby and near the school....it's so aggravating. I'll keep trying though. Somehow I want to make a difference. :banghead: I'm glad you are!

You may want to contact your local county probation department and ask them if they want you to wait to notify myspace in case they have to build a case against them. I called five different counties and spoke to the adult probation department. Then, contact myspace using the "report abuse" button. I have been putting a descriptive note to the mods there that this person is a registered sex offender. I list the details of his conviction and the link to his sex offender registry page. Then, I contact EVERY SINGLE person on their friends list and alert them that there is a sex offender among them.

I am so sick of these pervs that I have set up an old domain of mine to archive this, as well as to use to educate parents through articles and various web resources to the dangers of the online predator. Anyone who wants the link to the forum let me know. I'd rather the link not be out in public, but everyone who wants to get involved in my mission, please feel free to pm me.

You may want to contact your local county probation department and ask them if they want you to wait to notify myspace in case they have to build a case against them. I called five different counties and spoke to the adult probation department. Then, contact myspace using the "report abuse" button. I have been putting a descriptive note to the mods there that this person is a registered sex offender. I list the details of his conviction and the link to his sex offender registry page. Then, I contact EVERY SINGLE person on their friends list and alert them that there is a sex offender among them.

I am so sick of these pervs that I have set up an old domain of mine to archive this, as well as to use to educate parents through articles and various web resources to the dangers of the online predator. Anyone who wants the link to the forum let me know. I'd rather the link not be out in public, but everyone who wants to get involved in my mission, please feel free to pm me.

I definately want to help and since I have a myspace acct to supervise my children, I can help there too. You can message me here at WS or at myspace; http://www.myspace.com/Colleen1349

I know we all search for answers when something this terrible happens to a child. But the problem with playing the Monday morning quarterback game is that it cuts both ways. If the ACLU lawsuit hadn't been filed and he had stayed, maybe they would have killed another innocent child and that innocent child's picture would be staring at us instead of Christopher's.

The ACLU isn't responsible for Christopher's death. Three adults are responsible for his death. Sounds like Georgia has more than enough evidence to get a death penalty conviction.

Of course you are correct, SCM. It just infuriates me that any civil liberty groups are fighting for the rights of sex offenders. My anger clouds rational thinking on the subject.

Of course you are correct, SCM. It just infuriates me that any civil liberty groups are fighting for the rights of sex offenders. My anger clouds rational thinking on the subject.

Yes, I understand how that might get your dander up.

I truly believe in most pedophile cases there should be a one strike and you're in prison for the rest of your life law.

Thank you christine:). Your siggy is inspiring. If we write letters like JDB suggested, if we each visits Mark L's myspace and see how we can help, if we stand up and do the next right thing, we really will make a difference.

Does anyone have other ideas on how we can make a difference? We can never have enough good ideas.

We far outnumber the twisted criminals in this world, and it is time for us to stand up and let them Know it.

Lion

That's the biggest thing, we are SOOOOOOOOO out numbered....so out numbered it is scary...but WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

You wouldn't believe the ways....if you want to know, little ways, such small things, 5 minutes copying and pasting emails, MySpace pages, messages, we CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

coldcaseinvestigations@charter.net

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain