GA - Daniel Aaron 31, & Kristen McDevitt 30, fatally stabbed, CCTV, Atlanta, 22 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO, but my gut is telling me this is drugs related.

Maybe the safe needed to be that big because it had to hold lots of drugs and weapons.

There were some big drug busts in Atlanta around the time of this couple's murder. One in particular occurred in Dec 5:

"According to officials, this investigation has been ongoing for several weeks. It started in Nov. 2021 after someone noticed unusual activity at the apartment on 16th Street. Police gathered enough information, and on Wednesday, they were able to secure a search warrant and make the arrests."

That drug bust apartment is about 3 miles from the victims' apartment building. Suspicious activity was reported weeks earlier around the time of the murder. What if the suspicious activity was someone carrying a large safe into the building and loud noises trying to get into the safe? I know it's a shot in the dark, but my gut is telling me these drug dealers may be connected to the murder.
I believe this is the drug bust you're talking about. From the AtlPD website:
AtlPD.gov-1.png AtlPD.gov.2-1.png
And another incident that occurred in Oct at the victims' apt complex:
10/13/2021 - Person Shot at 180 Jackson St NE
Post Date:10/14/2021 9:30 AM

On Wednesday October 13, 2021, at around 11:10pm officers responded to a report of a person shot at 180 Jackson St NE. While officers were on scene they learned that the victim had been transported to the hospital by private vehicle and was in stable condition. Preliminary investigation indicated that the victim had been in a vehicle at the gate of the apartment complex when at least one suspect approached and fired several shots, striking the victim.

Aggravated Assault Unit investigators responded and are working to determine the circumstances that led to the incident.

Please keep in mind that this is preliminary information and may change as the investigation continue

I believe this is the drug bust you're talking about. From the AtlPD website:
View attachment 326533 View attachment 326534
And another incident that occurred in Oct at the victims' apt complex:
10/13/2021 - Person Shot at 180 Jackson St NE
Post Date:10/14/2021 9:30 AM

On Wednesday October 13, 2021, at around 11:10pm officers responded to a report of a person shot at 180 Jackson St NE. While officers were on scene they learned that the victim had been transported to the hospital by private vehicle and was in stable condition. Preliminary investigation indicated that the victim had been in a vehicle at the gate of the apartment complex when at least one suspect approached and fired several shots, striking the victim.

Aggravated Assault Unit investigators responded and are working to determine the circumstances that led to the incident.

Please keep in mind that this is preliminary information and may change as the investigation continue
The apartments look lovely, I like the salt water pools, but the Internet reviews are not so great.
A lot of cars are broken into even though they pay monthly to use the garage parking. The doors to enter from the garage have electronic key pads but you don’t need them because the door is broken so anyone can enter that way. There are photos of one of the broken doors in the garage posted on Google reviews. Someone wrote, it isn’t a question of if your car will be broken into, only a matter of when.
There are many stories regarding the lack of security and some stories about some of the people who live there, for instance, someone on the first floor who sits on a barstool on his terrace and watches people as they come and go.
Jmo.

I had the same thought. Though maybe the victims were restrained or incapacitated before being killed.

Interesting thoughts about a possible second suspect, and as I said above, it seems like it would have been difficult for one person to take out two without at least a noisy struggle that would've alerted neighbors. I remember what apartment living is like and I could basically hear my neighbors sneeze. I can't imagine that even a "luxury" apartment would offer amazing soundproofing.

Google review: 'The walls are super thin and I can hear my neighbors all the time.'

Here's the official release from Atl Police:

Good afternoon,

Thank you all for your attention on this case. I have updated to include the charges – two counts of felony murder.

Atlanta Police Homicide Investigators have made an arrest in the November 22, 2021 double homicide at 180 Jackson Street.

Investigators were able to identify 21-year-old Stefhon Hamilton as a suspect in the case. Investigators secured arrest warrants charging Mr. Hamilton with two counts of felony murder. He was taken into custody on December 15, 2021 at 499 Northside Circle in Northwest Atlanta.

Previously Released:

Homicide Investigators have released surveillance footage of a suspect related to the double murder at 180 Jackson Street.

Below is the summary of the case and the surveillance video. Atlanta Police Homicide Commander Lieutenant Ralph Woolfolk narrated the video to point out important parts of the footage. Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers. Information can be submitted anonymously to the Crime Stoppers Atlanta tip line at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or online at www.StopCrimeATL.com . Persons do not have to give their name or any identifying information to be eligible for the reward of up to $2,000 for the arrest and indictment of the suspect.

Surveillance video: https://youtu.be/P8Eq4Tirf_Y

Summary of the case:

On November 22, 2021, at around 9:26 PM, officers were dispatched to a person stabbed call at 180 Jackson St. NE. Upon arrival, officers located a 30-year-old female victim as well as 31-year-old male victim who appeared to have been stabbed and were pronounced deceased on scene. Atlanta Police Homicide investigators responded to the scene and began their investigation. The preliminary investigation indicates the victims resided at the location together. A male suspect was allowed into the apartment where he stayed for a substantial amount of time before leaving. Later, after the suspect left, the two victims were found to be deceased. At this time, this appears to be an isolated incident. Investigators are gathering information and working to identify the suspect and determine the details surrounding the incident. The investigation continues.

Please keep in mind that this is preliminary information and may change as the investigation progresses.

Sergeant John Chafee

Public Affairs Unit

Atlanta Police Department

226 Peachtree St. SW | Atlanta, GA 30303

6VY2G3DXYJB2VCSGVTVAD7ZBQA.png

Arrest made in deadly double stabbing at Atlanta apartment
Stefhon Hamilton Stefhon Hamilton, 21, was taken into custody Wednesday in northwest Atlanta. He has been charged with two counts felony murder, according to police. ''

Man arrested in couple’s stabbing at Atlanta apartment complex

QT2CPCPFXNASDHS77DDMZ3JX4Y.jpg

Credit: Fulton County Sheriff's Office

So happy this violent criminal is off the streets of Atlanta. I truly thought he was a she & not the killer. Still wondering what was in the safe & if it has been recovered by LE. Such a shame that 2 nice young people had to lose their lives in such horrible ways.
JMOO

There seems to be no indication of an accomplice, so I guess that means the couple let him in, and perhaps they were acquainted. I can't imagine just letting in a stranger, especially in a pandemic, but I know others aren't as cautious and suspicious as I am. The motive seems clear, but the contents of the safe are still a mystery. I wonder why LE is keeping that info private?

When I search the Fulton County court records, I can't find any results for Stefhon Hamilton. Maybe I'm searching in the wrong place somehow? Could someone else try to look up his criminal records? I am interested to see if he has a record prior to these murders, and if so, what was the nature of his previous crimes.

There seems to be no indication of an accomplice, so I guess that means the couple let him in, and perhaps they were acquainted. I can't imagine just letting in a stranger, especially in a pandemic, but I know others aren't as cautious and suspicious as I am. The motive seems clear, but the contents of the safe are still a mystery. I wonder why LE is keeping that info private?
I suspect LE found him through tracking his cell phone, he was walking around using it and texted for 5 minutes outside their door before being let inside.
The police say he was an acquaintance of the victims and was let into the apartment after being buzzed into the building.
Investigators often hold back info but it’s also possible they may not have even located the safe and don’t know themselves what it contained. There’s no theft charge yet which can add the death penalty to a murder conviction in GA (a capital felony while engaged in the commission of another capital felony)
Perhaps they were just too trusting, sometimes trying to help someone can backfire on you, I learned this lesson the hard way by my 20’s and 30’s after a few mistakes in judgement. Fortunately I’m still alive to speak from experience.
The alleged murderer is so young and looks even younger than 21 with a bit of a baby face, he doesn’t look scary imo. Just because someone appears vulnerable doesn’t mean they can’t also be a predator.
Maybe they empathized with his story and wanted to help him.

Arrest made in deadly double stabbing at Atlanta apartment

“As soon as you met Kristen and Dan you just fell in love”
Friends described the young couple as pure, fun and always the first to lift others up with a kind word.

Last edited:
Follow up article re. safe, motive & investigation still active, possibly more suspects:
"Investigators had not found the safe as of Wednesday. Woolfolk said detectives have preliminary indications of the suspect’s motive, but he stopped short of disclosing any of the possible reasons for the slayings."
"The investigation remains open. Officials did not rule out the possibility of more potential suspects when asked if Hamilton was the only person involved."

“We will see where the investigation takes us,” Lt. Ralph Woolfolk, Atlanta police homicide commander, said during a news conference Wednesday afternoon. “There’s still a substantial amount of work to do and we’re going to allow investigators to get back to work.”

Man arrested in couple’s stabbing at Atlanta apartment complex

As respectfully as possible, wondering if the suspect's name is purposely spelled incorrectly ?
Also noting that again media has referenced an earlier shooting at the building- just a thought, but could it be the murdered couple were witnesses in some fashion and they were targeted partially for that reason?
Complete speculation, imo. rbbm.

UPDATE: Man arrested for double murder in downtown Atlanta apartment
He was inside an apartment with two other adult individuals at the time in which he was taken in to custody,” said Lt. Ralph Woolfolk, Atlanta Police Homicide Commander.

The other two individuals police said were not arrested.

They also said they were able to collect more evidence at the apartment where he was found linking him to the murder.

This is a testament to good old fashioned police work these investigators worked around the clock as it pertained to this investigation,” said Lt. Woolfolk.

It still isn't clear what the exact relationship between the suspect and victims is. The safe Hamilton took is yet to be recovered, and as the investigation is still open, police have not ruled out further arrests.''

'The murders come a little more than a month after an incident in the same apartment complex during which a man was shot three times in the back''

I wonder if the couple were trying to sell something and he came to "look" at it or pick it up. That would be an easy way for police to have found him. Obviously if he texted them and they buzzed him in, it would have been easy for LE to track him down based on the victim's phone records. Sincerely, I am very glad he was caught so quickly!!

The pic of the robbery suspect with a knife gave me cold chills! Perhaps...

As respectfully as possible, wondering if the suspect's name is purposely spelled incorrectly ?
Also noting that again media has referenced an earlier shooting at the building- just a thought, but could it be the murdered couple were witnesses in some fashion and they were targeted partially for that reason?
Complete speculation, imo. rbbm.

UPDATE: Man arrested for double murder in downtown Atlanta apartment
He was inside an apartment with two other adult individuals at the time in which he was taken in to custody,” said Lt. Ralph Woolfolk, Atlanta Police Homicide Commander.

The other two individuals police said were not arrested.

They also said they were able to collect more evidence at the apartment where he was found linking him to the murder.

This is a testament to good old fashioned police work these investigators worked around the clock as it pertained to this investigation,” said Lt. Woolfolk.

It still isn't clear what the exact relationship between the suspect and victims is. The safe Hamilton took is yet to be recovered, and as the investigation is still open, police have not ruled out further arrests.''

'The murders come a little more than a month after an incident in the same apartment complex during which a man was shot three times in the back''
The article about the man shot in October also mentions that when 1st responders arrived to the scene they found the victim had already been driven to the hospital by someone.
I also wondered if the suspect might have responded to a 'for sale' ad that the victims posted.

I wondered that too.
I don't doubt that kind of spelling exists, as it's been a trend to give traditional names creative spellings for a couple decades now.

Could be, but IMO unlikely. In that case, why steal the safe? That would be a HUGE risk in getting caught just on the off chance he might find something valuable in there. I think he knew what was in that safe and his intentions were to steal the contents. When he couldn't open it in the apartment, he felt desperate and that there was no turning back: he didn't want to have killed those people for nothing, so he took the risk and carried the safe away.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back