GA - Daniel Aaron 31, & Kristen McDevitt 30, fatally stabbed, CCTV, Atlanta, 22 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
'Beautiful' Couple Was Killed After Letting Man into Apartment, and Security Footage Might Hold Answers

'Beautiful' Couple Was Killed After Letting Man into Apartment, and Security Footage Might Hold Answers

On Nov. 22, someone stabbed Daniel Aaron and Kristen McDevitt to death before fleeing the scene carrying a safe

By Chris Harris December 08, 2021

Kristen McDevitt and Daniel Aaron

''Authorities in Atlanta have released video surveillance footage of a murder suspect, wanted in the stabbing deaths of a young couple in November.

According to Atlanta Police, Daniel Aaron, 31, and Kristen McDevitt, 30, let the suspect into their apartment on Nov. 22.

The suspect — dressed in black, with a face mask obstructing his face — emerged 90 minutes later, and can be seen in security footage running down a hallway, carrying a safe.

Aaron and McDevitt were stabbed to death, according to police.''

Hmmm…
These are my first impressions.

1. The suspect has a very thin/small frame.
2. LE says this is a guy but the gait and something about his face (or what little we can see of it in the still frame) look sorta female to me. I don’t know many guys that have nose rings. I know lots of women that have them. And, his striped shirt looks more like ladies clothing to me.
3. I noticed he attempted to open another door when he first enters the hallway. I wonder where that door leads?
4. I also noticed the detective said someone inside the apartment let him in but he didn’t specifically say that it was Daniel or Kristen. Could he have had help?
5. I really want to know what was in the safe. This person apparently wanted it bad enough to take a huge risk. It was only 8pm. Anyone living on that floor could have easily stepped out of their apartment at any minute and seen him. He was already in the apartment for an hour and a half. Why not just stick around for another hour and figure out some kinda way to break into the safe rather than try to haul it down a long hallway and heft it over that tall fence? That just seems so crazy to me.
6. I really hope they catch him soon!

Hmmm…
These are my first impressions.

1. The suspect has a very thin/small frame.
2. LE says this is a guy but the gait and something about his face (or what little we can see of it in the still frame) look sorta female to me. I don’t know many guys that have nose rings. I know lots of women that have them. And, his striped shirt looks more like ladies clothing to me.
3. I noticed he attempted to open another door when he first enters the hallway. I wonder where that door leads?
4. I also noticed the detective said someone inside the apartment let him in but he didn’t specifically say that it was Daniel or Kristen. Could he have had help?
5. I really want to know what was in the safe. This person apparently wanted it bad enough to take a huge risk. It was only 8pm. Anyone living on that floor could have easily stepped out of their apartment at any minute and seen him. He was already in the apartment for an hour and a half. Why not just stick around for another hour and figure out some kinda way to break into the safe rather than try to haul it down a long hallway and heft it over that tall fence? That just seems so crazy to me.
6. I really hope they catch him soon!
The POI also looked feminine to me, although i wonder how heavy the safe was because it looked like it would take a strong person (not necessarily male but..) to throw it over a fence.
imo, speculation.

The only reason I would think this person is a male is because they could carry a safe that far and that easily and lift and push it over a fence. Their walk, facial features, mannerisms, hair, dress…everything else makes me think a female. Very odd.

The only reason I would think this person is a male is because they could carry a safe that far and that easily and lift and push it over a fence. Their walk, facial features, mannerisms, hair, dress…everything else makes me think a female. Very odd.
Yes, for now- the walk reminds me of someone (male or female) who wears high heels and/or tries to imitate a model on a catwalk, (one foot in front of the other) although LE seem to be clear that it is a man.
speculation, imo.

Surveillance Footage Shows Couple Letting Murder Suspect Into Their Apartment Before Incident
''Investigators shared the footage days after the murder and asked viewers to take notice of the man's "peculiar" walk. They also said he may be wearing a nose ring.

"We want individuals to pay attention to the way that this individual walks," Atlanta Police Homicide Commander Lt. Ralph Woolfolk said as per People. "We think that he has a very peculiar walk, it's very distinct."

Last edited:
Lenny Kravitz wears a nose ring and feminine clothes!

Apparently Atlanta is diverse and hip even in criminality.

The texting hands looks like a man to me.

While texting the person stands with knees hyperextended [locked?] in a recognizable stance along with the gait, imo.

Genu Recurvatum (Hyperextension of the knee): Causes, Symptoms,Treatment

Oh, hmm, more common in women...

All imo

Did not realize that the apartment was considered a luxury apt. rbbm.
At link a larger pic of suspect, hard to tell if they have big googly eyes or wearing glasses?
Police: Surveillance footage released of man wanted in connection to Atlanta double murder
''Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers. Information can be submitted anonymously to the Crime Stoppers Atlanta tip line at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or online at www.StopCrimeATL.com.

Police say you do not have to give your name or any identifying information to be eligible for the reward of up to $2,000 for the arrest and indictment of the suspect.''

On Monday at around 9:26 p.m., police responded to reports of a person stabbed at the Camden Vantage Apartment Homes located at 180 Jackson Street in the Sweet Auburn neighborhood. When officers arrived, they found a 30-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man dead with what appeared to be stab wounds.

Atlanta Police homicide investigators responded to the scene and began their investigation.

A preliminary investigation suggests the two lived together. Another man was allowed into the apartment where he stayed for a substantial amount of time before leaving, police said. Later, after the man left, the pair were found dead.
At this time, this appears to be an isolated incident.''

''The murders come a little more than a month after an incident in the same apartment complex during which a man was shot three times in the back.''

ETA. Leaning towards a very young male now, clearer pic. speculation, imo.

Perez Hilton

Last edited:
Just speculation. The killer or killers were already in the apt & txtd this person to come retrieve the safe? This person goes to the wrong apt at 1st & seems surprised that the door wouldn't open, looks around at other doors & doormats, IMO, then goes back down the hall. I think if this person was txting victims LE would have already have POI name & possibly more. I wonder how 1 person stabs 2 people in their apt, no one hears anything, the suspect appears to have on the same hat, mask, shirt & jacket but no blood shows. No gloves on at first until leaving & definitely has a different backpack. Wondering if this POI was in the apt for extended time to unbolt the safe.
JMOO

Just speculation. The killer or killers were already in the apt & txtd this person to come retrieve the safe? This person goes to the wrong apt at 1st & seems surprised that the door wouldn't open, looks around at other doors & doormats, IMO, then goes back down the hall. I think if this person was txting victims LE would have already have POI name & possibly more. I wonder how 1 person stabs 2 people in their apt, no one hears anything, the suspect appears to have on the same hat, mask, shirt & jacket but no blood shows. No gloves on at first until leaving & definitely has a different backpack. Wondering if this POI was in the apt for extended time to unbolt the safe.
JMOO
I believe the officer narrating the video said the POI was inside the apartment for about 90 minutes (or something close to that).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back