GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh some speculate that McIver could not pay them anymore and Harvey said he will work for "free"...personal impression he wants to showboat and be the next Jose baez with a TV show.

Oh some speculate that McIver could not pay them anymore and Harvey said he will work for "free"...personal impression he wants to showboat and be the next Jose baez with a TV show.

If Tex would have sold the Ranch at the same time as the condo, he would be in a much better financial position. I still think Annie is going to come into play in the upcoming days. The tiny bits we've heard about her so far have been very intriguing.

If Tex would have sold the Ranch at the same time as the condo, he would be in a much better financial position. I still think Annie is going to come into play in the upcoming days. The tiny bits we've heard about her so far have been very intriguing.

nice tease al...I am looking forward to Annie.

any sleuther know if all the jury selection is on video because I can't find it...looking for juror 61 . Do they keep the same numbers?

how in the world did they get a jury...listening...they all think he is guilty.

I'm watching Day 3 right now, the nurse with the long dark hair that did not work on Diane at all but was walking down the hall and heard Tex saying that he was cleaning his gun in the bathroom and accidentally shot her. She never went to the Police with this information. I believe that she did hear him say that, but I think it just speaks to how people don't want to get involved. Wouldn't you think she saw this news story the next day. It was pretty big news. I would like to think that I would have called the Police to share that information since there was such doubt about it being an accident.

I'm watching Day 3 right now, the nurse with the long dark hair that did not work on Diane at all but was walking down the hall and heard Tex saying that he was cleaning his gun in the bathroom and accidentally shot her. She never went to the Police with this information. I believe that she did hear him say that, but I think it just speaks to how people don't want to get involved. Wouldn't you think she saw this news story the next day. It was pretty big news. I would like to think that I would have called the Police to share that information since there was such doubt about it being an accident.

Yes I commented on that yesterday...that was yet another story he tried out...he really wanted Dani Jo to get out of there and then get to her in private to strike a deal that she would corroborate his story but she was having no part of it.

Yes I commented on that yesterday...that was yet another story he tried out...he really wanted Dani Jo to get out of there and then get to her in private to strike a deal that she would corroborate his story but she was having no part of it.

Pursuing this "cleaning the gun" story is so crazy to me. There was a bullet hole in the front seat of the car and a WITNESS to the shooting standing at the hospital with him.

Now I'm really starting to think he was in an altered state - alcohol or drugs or perhaps combination of the two.

Pursuing this "cleaning the gun" story is so crazy to me. There was a bullet hole in the front seat of the car and a WITNESS to the shooting standing at the hospital with him.

Now I'm really starting to think he was in an altered state - alcohol or drugs or perhaps combination of the two.

Not to mention how would he explain the total lack of blood in the bathroom at home?

Not to mention how would he explain the total lack of blood in the bathroom at home?

I think it was a big mistake not to look at him closer that night including some tox tests...there is a husband sitting in a seat behind his wife and she is shot and they simply let him go...in fact her phone was missing for quite some time and he had someone scrubbing everything off of it. So much hidden in that marriage. I was looking at the sale price of that condo SOLD: $557,200.....that is far below what they should have got but cash sale and estate was in charge and that is for TWO condos. Frankly don't know much about ATL real estate but that is not considered super luxury in most cities....and the layout probably does not appeal to many people.

I think it was a big mistake not to look at him closer that night including some tox tests...there is a husband sitting in a seat behind his wife and she is shot and they simply let him go...in fact her phone was missing for quite some time and he had someone scrubbing everything off of it. So much hidden in that marriage. I was looking at the sale price of that condo SOLD: $557,200.....that is far below what they should have got but cash sale and estate was in charge and that is for TWO condos. Frankly don't know much about ATL real estate but that is not considered super luxury in most cities....and the layout probably does not appeal to many people.

Multiple nurses were observing this interesting trio in the hospital that night! Nurse Sullivan asked another nurse to try to listen in on their suspicious conversation.

I just pulled up the sold condos in that building and all the 2 bedrooms sold recently fall b/t $230K to $402K. Not as many larger, 3 bedroom units. Yes, $557K was a low price to sell for a double unit, but strange layout for most buyers, I agree.

Not super luxury. The value of all Diane's fancy furs and jewelry may have exceeded the value of her first, small 2 bedroom condo!

Agree 100% re tox screen. Should have been done on him and Dani Jo, IMO. At some point he stated he elected going to Emory because they are a client of his law firm. Maybe he felt he’d be treated solicitously and like a rock star there. As for the condo, I think Diane bought one condo and later bought the second one to combine into one residence. Because they did not have children living with them, it somehow wound up being just a 2 bedroom. The price sounds a bit on the low side, but it may not have been well maintained or updated as much as comparable units in their condo community. He also may have taken the first credible cash offer instead of waiting til he got a better offer. It does seem Tex has money, quick money, on his mind. Who asks about getting a deceased spouse’s Social Security a couple days after she dies? But then again, who cannot gin up $1600 to pay for his wife’s cremains the day of? He was granted bond several months before he left jail because apparently he could not pay the bondsman right away.

Going to Emory b/c they are a client of his firm and he'd be treated like a rock star!!!! Now that might be exactly why he told DJ to drive to Emory. I think whatever "plan" he had was happening on the fly.

It also comes out in the cross examination of Nurse Sullivan that the nurses were all speculating and commenting on the events of the evening and likening Tex to OJ Simpson and saying he would get away with it since he was rich.

Someone there must have recognized Tex as being a prominent, wealthy attorney. Personally I would have had no idea who he was.

Going to Emory b/c they are a client of his firm and he'd be treated like a rock star!!!! Now that might be exactly why he told DJ to drive to Emory. I think whatever "plan" he had was happening on the fly.

Sorry Tex but your days of being treated like a "rock star" are long over...when I look at him I see just a shell of a person...eyes are hollow with no expression. I lay money that the first attorneys including Hill got out for many reasons not the least of which is he was trying to tell them what to do.

It is so sad. And he's estranged from his grown children. I wonder if they are all in Atlanta also? Interesting that his sister, Dixie, is standing by him through all of this. Tex and Dixie, I wonder what names his kids go by - Ace, Missy, Buck and Buddy?

I wonder if this will be made into a TV movie?

A look back at Week 2 of the Tex McIver murder trial

"The trial so far: Nine days of testimony in the Claud “Tex” McIver murder trial have been completed but the state’s case is far from over. Week Two was dominated by Dani Jo Carter, Diane McIver’s best friend and the lone witness to the shooting that claimed the 64-year-old businesswoman’s life. The week concluded with testimony from a friend and colleague of Diane McIver, perhaps the prosecution’s most effective witness yet, who described the defendant’s unusual behavior in the week after his wife’s death...."

https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...x-mciver-murder-trial/Yc4cf8fjFqoMzkdiUBwl0L/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I learned from pre-trial hearing about his shooting episode at three young me in front of his house in 1990...they were friends of his son Robbie McIver who seems to live out state. There was mention of another son who is a dr. in California....but I believe they are estranged. Love to know about the ex wife...bet she is glad to be the ex and bet she could tell us lots about Tex.

Open here for bets on juror 61...something is going to happen tomorrow morning...the judge must be worried he could lose more jurors and go below the minimum? I think some went home and thought about the news late in the day that they will be off next week and that they are going into mid April...if the defense has any extensive case he may have some mad jurors as he sort of told them not that far into April. I think they should have changed venue and I am sure so does the defense.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/winnie-mciver-obituary?pid=186684169&view=guestbook

Tex's Mother passed away in August of 2017 and lots of articles on whether or not he was going to be allowed to attend the funeral. I couldn't confirm if he was allowed to go or not, but interesting to see that his sister, Winnie, is from Southlake, TX. They must have a very close and special relationship if she has uprooted her life and moved to ATL for the duration of this trial. Looks like she has a husband back in TX. His brother doesn't appear to be in that courtroom.

Also interesting that his brother, John (aka Spike) is from Florida. Wasn't Tex put back in jail when a gun was found in his sock drawer in the Buckhead condo? Turned out it was his brother's gun.....but his brother lives in FL?

Thanks for bringing up the gun in the sock drawer! I had forgotten about that. I think it plays into my theory that his arrogance will be his demise. He does not seem to think that he needs to play by the rules. Great point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy