GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is painful listening to the ER nurses...frankly Tex should be charged with negligent homicide just for his actions after he shot her.....she describes getting a life saving piece of equipment out of the closet because they use it so seldom...all of these seconds make a difference...a call to 911 would have told them to go to Grady and she would have had a chance. No one will ever be able to prove that she would have survived but when you have "valets" getting her out of the car vs trained professionals and on and on it is surely possible...but I don't think that was Tex' goal.

for some odd reason I think 61 is asking many of the questions....at one point the judge asked about lunch and if that was enough time and a very loud voice said yes ..judge then said I want to hear from someone other than the "loud voice" or something to that effect...I think she may be a real "presence". Not saying good or bad but the consistently being late is not winning any friends.

I can't believe I just heard the RN say she heard him say he was cleaning his gun in the bathroom and I shot her....no wonder he was trying to get Dani Jo to say she had just arrived ...he was going to go with an entirely different story...and I believe this RN...she has no reason to lie.

Agree with all your points, Turaj. My main question re not calling 911 was it prevented Diane from getting care from paramedics who may have been able to respond in minutes & provide critical care while transporting her in an ambulance to Grady, a Level 1 Trauma center. Who would take a chance with someone’s life at stake to not call 911 for an ambulance/paramedics?

Agree with all your points, Turaj. My main question re not calling 911 was it prevented Diane from getting care from paramedics who may have been able to respond in minutes & provide critical care while transporting her in an ambulance to Grady, a Level 1 Trauma center. Who would take a chance with someone’s life at stake to not call 911 for an ambulance/paramedics?

I think Tex not calling 911 is very telling. The fact that Dani Jo never suggested calling 911 or insisted on doing so is very strange to me also. I wonder if she had been drinking that night before getting behind the wheel and was scared of any consequences? She said on the stand that she had previous issues with alcohol that led to her 9 year estrangement with Diane, but then she got sober and they fell back into the fast friendship they had.

Usually when you are a recovering alcoholic you leave behind your old drinking buddies and try not to immerse yourself in alcohol fueled social activities. Seems to me the Ranch fun revolved around lots of alcohol, walls of wine in the cellar and an entire SALOON built on the property.

Tex and Diane were supposedly passing a cup of wine back and forth in the car, Diane and possibly Tex had wine at Longhorn at dinner, but yet Tex told the Police that he only had a sip of wine at Longhorn.

I just cannot understand why Dani Jo would not have insisted on calling 9-1-1?

Just catching up on some of the trial video I missed earlier this week and found Terry Brown the assistant very interesting. Tex was really in the dark about Diane's finances. For the extravagant lifestyle she led I was really surprised to learn she only had $400K in cash. Her debts exceeded her assets before the $600K life insurance payout. Sounds like there was a 401K account but balance in that was not known. And Terry said he had to show Tex how the condo "was run", for example paying the HOA association fees and the utilities. Us lay people just calling it paying our bills, but he kept referring to is as "running the condo". Just gave me a little chuckle.

I think Tex not calling 911 is very telling. The fact that Dani Jo never suggested calling 911 or insisted on doing so is very strange to me also. I wonder if she had been drinking that night before getting behind the wheel and was scared of any consequences? She said on the stand that she had previous issues with alcohol that led to her 9 year estrangement with Diane, but then she got sober and they fell back into the fast friendship they had.

Usually when you are a recovering alcoholic you leave behind your old drinking buddies and try not to immerse yourself in alcohol fueled social activities. Seems to me the Ranch fun revolved around lots of alcohol, walls of wine in the cellar and an entire SALOON built on the property.

Tex and Diane were supposedly passing a cup of wine back and forth in the car, Diane and possibly Tex had wine at Longhorn at dinner, but yet Tex told the Police that he only had a sip of wine at Longhorn.

I've been suspicious of this from the very beginning as well. My only guess is he was controlling the situation and she was in a position in the relationship where she felt obligated to do what he said to do without questioning it. A situation where she didn't think or second guess doing whatever they told her to do.

I don't think Dani was drinking but she simply is not that smart and took her marching orders from both Tex and Diane...Diane not able to tell her what to do so she just followed Tex' orders. I have no doubt after listening to the medical testimony it cost Diane her life. I also note that Tex' sister Dixie is the only one there for him and speaks often to him during breaks...I assume he is staying with her and she is the one that posted the second bond. I think she is all he has. I am getting more confident as I catch up on this trial that jury will convict him...some of their questions are common sense and common sense tells me too much does not add up here and too many stories told on that first day.

I really hope we get to hear from Annie, the masseuse. Her name keeps coming up.

I don't think Dani was drinking but she simply is not that smart and took her marching orders from both Tex and Diane...Diane not able to tell her what to do so she just followed Tex' orders. I have no doubt after listening to the medical testimony it cost Diane her life. I also note that Tex' sister Dixie is the only one there for him and speaks often to him during breaks...I assume he is staying with her and she is the one that posted the second bond. I think she is all he has. I am getting more confident as I catch up on this trial that jury will convict him...some of their questions are common sense and common sense tells me too much does not add up here and too many stories told on that first day.

Hmm, I was curious about his sister, so I looked up Tex' case number for the will in probate at Fulton County record search PC-2016-002606. His open case lists his address as a nice little one bedroom condo in the Vinings.

Witness on stand saying that Dani Jo and Tex came to pick up Diane from the office and head down to the Ranch. She noticed Dani Jo's very revealing outfit which exposed skin on her back above her butt. Then the Prosecution tried to ask the woman about Tex' reaction to Dani Jo's outfit and the Defense jumped in and objected.....very interesting.....wonder if he was leering at her?

Witness on stand saying that Dani Jo and Tex came to pick up Diane from the office and head down to the Ranch. She noticed Dani Jo's very revealing outfit which exposed skin on her back above her butt. Then the Prosecution tried to ask the woman about Tex' reaction to Dani Jo's outfit and the Defense jumped in and objected.....very interesting.....wonder if he was leering at her?

I think Tex' leared alot....what day is that testimony I am sort of going backwards.

I really hope we get to hear from Annie, the masseuse. Her name keeps coming up.

Oh yes Annie the masseuse...and he is at the ranch with just her only a short time after the death wearing the rain boots that Glover gave her. So either she never liked the boots and gave them to Annie long time ago or Tex did after the death...and honestly does she massage him in rain boots???? Should be good for the made for TV movie which is sure to follow. You can't make this stuff up.

Oh yes Annie the masseuse...and he is at the ranch with just her only a short time after the death wearing the rain boots that Glover gave her. So either she never liked the boots and gave them to Annie long time ago or Tex did after the death...and honestly does she massage him in rain boots???? Should be good for the made for TV movie which is sure to follow. You can't make this stuff up.

If I recall, Annie, the masseuse was mentioned 2 other times and i haven't even watched all the videos yet!

1 - Dani Jo saw Annie giving Tex a massage in the master bedroom of the Buckhead condo the week after Diane died. Tex was lying on his back with an eye mask on and DJ snuck into the room and stole the paper that Tex had been taking notes on DJ's recollection of the night of the shooting.

2 - Dani Jo saw Annie, with Tex, at one of Austin's Sunday flag football games in the Fall following her death.

If I recall, Annie, the masseuse was mentioned 2 other times and i haven't even watched all the videos yet!

1 - Dani Jo saw Annie giving Tex a massage in the master bedroom of the Buckhead condo the week after Diane died. Tex was lying on his back with an eye mask on and DJ snuck into the room and stole the paper that Tex had been taking notes on DJ's recollection of the night of the shooting.

2 - Dani Jo saw Annie, with Tex, at one of Austin's Sunday flag football games in the Fall following her death.

that is right massage in the master bedroom shortly after the murder.

Does everyone know that you are supposed to call 911 if you're on the way to an emergency room in order to let them know? I'm 47 and I've never heard this mentioned in real life or seen people do this on TV or in movies. Is this a common sense thing that everyone just knows? If so, how? If you're not in the medical field and don't have close family in the field, when would this ever come up? I always assumed that emergency rooms were ready for all kinds of injuries and took in patients based on priority. I know that I'm wrong based on this thread but was curious about this since it keeps coming up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I agree, alsleuther. I’d like to think no matter who we are or in what condition we are in (drunk, sober, high) that we would stop the car, pick up the phone and dial 911. But I’ve never been in that exact situation. If only to absolve myself from being accused of being an accessory after the fact, I would call 911. I wonder what Tex said to her on that drive to Emory. And I just thought of this: um, I’m driving a car with a man in the back seat who just shot his wife in the back. Might be more likely in that sitch to do what the man holding the handgun says.

Interesting point. Yes, perhaps Dani Jo was a little scared of Tex herself. Tex definitely wasn't calling 9-1-1. What if Diane started screaming at him and berating him and it was all recorded. He wanted no evidence of where the shooting took place, especially if he was going to try to sell his story of accidentally shooting her in the bathroom while cleaning his gun.

I think everyone old enough to pick up a phone and dial 911 knows that. Children call 911 every day to ask for help in emergencies. Unless my own life was at stake if I called 911, I think everyone with a pulse and a phone knows to call 911. For gunshot wounds and anything else requiring medical attention. I’ve been a police scanner enthusiast for years and been on a number of ride alongs with the APD. The shock factor is usually the fact that people will call 911 because they have a headache. I went with an officer responding to a call where a mother wanted kids arrested because they threw water balloons at her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy