GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica Waters@MissVWaters
1m1 minute ago
Retained by #TexMcIver, Robert Ahlers says his company sold about 2,500 of Diane's things in early December; the sale netted nearly $68,000, after their 35% commission. @wsbradio

DY_f32tU0AEgSeL.jpg

DY_f40nVwAAIW_U.jpg

DY_f53dVQAAkmcQ.jpg

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
1m1 minute ago
Ahlers testifies #TexMcIver told him he was selling his late wife's belongings "to settle the estate." A check for proceeds didn't go to McIver, but an estate manager.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3m3 minutes ago
Robert Ahlers, hired by #TexMcIver, testifies that in mid-January, 2017, they put 190 of Diane McIver's jewelry items up for sale. Some items were in the $300-500 range, while one pair diamond earrings was estimated at $28-30K. Sales netted upwards of $119,000. @wsbradio

DY_iGEyUQAA581d.jpg

DY_iHqBVwAArJnz.jpg

DY_i47mVoAAEd6x.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1m1 minute ago
Robert Ahlers recalls that the checks from the sales were made out to Diane McIver's Estate. At that time, #TexMcIver was still the executor. @wsbradio

3m3 minutes ago
On cross, #TexMcIver lawyer asks if the sale timing was, in part, "not to miss the rush of holiday shopping?" Robert Ahlers says yes. Some items still had tags on them? Yes. Winter's a good time to sell furs? Yes. (Here is a photo from a video the @ajc did of the crowd) @wsbradio

DY_lWHbU8AAYkoq.jpg

2m2 minutes ago
Some of the #TexMcIver jury Q&A for Robert Ahlers: Was there an engagement or wedding ring put up for sale? He doesn't recall seeing one. Who decided the actual date? We make recommendations; client has final say. @wsbradio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

41s42 seconds ago
Funeral home director says another woman, not #TexMcIver, came to pay for Diane's cremains to take home.

DY_o4ENW0AEv6EI.jpg

1m1 minute ago
#TexMcIver trial: State calls Wendy Eidson, licensed embalmer & funeral director of Phoenix Funeral Services in Conyers, GA. Rachel Styles called her, saying they had a mutual friend (Jay Grover) & they wanted services for Diane McIver. @wsbradio

2m2 minutes ago
Wendy Eidson testifies that she told Rachel Styles that spouse #TexMcIver had to give permission for services on Diane McIver; she sent over paperwork. Her notes show that Cathi Johansen was the one who picked up Diane's cremains. @wsbradio

Aungelique Proctor@aungeliquefox5
55s56 seconds ago
Conyers Funeral Home owner told a friend of Diane's to let Tex McIver know Diane's remains would be ready Thursday, September 29, 2016 for pickup at 12 noon. Her diamond jewelry would be ready too. #TexMcIver. @FOX5Atlanta

DY_ri8EVoAAQDcK.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philip A. Holloway@PhilHollowayEsq
48s48 seconds ago
DA questions funeral director in #TexMcIver murder trial-testified that Tex gave permission for 3rd party to pick up Diane’s cremains & jewelry that was with her body

Philip A. Holloway@PhilHollowayEsq
2m2 minutes ago
Mortician tells #TexMcIver jury that Tex wanted Diane’s cremains placed in container that was “classy with a western flair” and he needed 30 death certificates

5m5 minutes ago
Wendy Eidson testifies told Rachel Styles to let #TexMcIver know that Diane's remains would be ready Thursday, Sept. 29. Jewelry from Diane's body was sent to the sale. @wsbradio

4m4 minutes ago
Funeral Director: #TexMcIver said he didn't want to pay for his wife's cremains because he didn't want to "co-mingle" his funds with his wife's money and wanted to wait for an estate account to be opened first.

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2m2 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Funeral home owner on the stand testified that Tex didn't want to pay for Diane's cremains because he didn't want to co-mingle the funds. Meaning he wanted Diane's money to pay for it, not his.

29s29 seconds ago
Funeral director Wendy Eidson testifies that #TexMcIver asked for 30 death certificates. He requested "classy with western flair" for the urn for Diane's cremains. Asked if he had to pay her right away; explained he didn't want to "commingle" his and Diane's funds @wsbradio

3m3 minutes ago
Wendy Eidson says #TexMcIver requested 10 "keepsakes," mini-urns, of Diane's cremains; didn't have all 10 of the white ones he wanted in stock. She brought the box of cremains for Tex to open. "Javier was very overcome with emotion. Mr. McIver showed emotion as well" @wsbradio

DY_wn13VQAAmF08.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3m3 minutes ago
Funeral director Eidson says "Javier was *extremely* upset. He was very emotional, he was crying pretty strong." She says #TexMcIver was "emotional but not quite to the extent of Javier." McIver shook her hand and left, said he'd recommend her services. @wsbradio

Steve Fennessy@stevefennessy
3m3 minutes ago
Funeral director: #TexMcIver ordered 30 copies of Diane McIver's death certificate. Cremation + fees cost $1,615. "Do I have to pay this today?" Tex asked, saying he didn't want to commingle his $$ with Diane's."It's not the kind of thing you hear," witness says.

1m1 minute ago
Took less than a week to get the mini-urns, says Wendy Eidson. She called #TexMcIver but he didn't answer that day. Oct. 31, she texted him more photos of large urns. Eidson had been paid for Diane's cremains October 22, by Christine Johansen Patrick, Cathi's sister @wsbradio

9m9 minutes ago
Funeral director Wendy Eidson says Ms. Johansen Patrick asked to remain anonymous as the one who paid for Diane's cremains. #TexMcIver did not know. October 28, Tex wrote her a letter apologizing for the long delay and sent a check drawn on the Estate for $1,615 @wsbradio

DY_1mqSVwAAVQsI.jpg

Break
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2m2 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Court is back in session. Watch live: https://lawandcrime.com/

1m1 minute ago
Funeral director Wendy Eidson says Nov.1, she wrote #TexMcIver & let know that the account had been paid in full; she returned his check. November 8, McIver arrived with his brother to receive Diane's cremains. @wsbradio

Julie Rendelman Esq.@julie_rendelman
3m3 minutes ago
Cross examination of the funeral director underway in the #texmciver case.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2m2 minutes ago
#TexMcIver trial: State calls Cathi Johansen, a friend, colleague, & neighbor of Diane McIver. Diane hired her straight out of college in commercial real estate division. They were very close; worked, socialized, golfed. Diane was a smart, shrewd businesswoman. @wsbradio

DZABQFvUMAA-j25.jpg

31s32 seconds ago
Cathi Johansen helped plan Diane & #TexMcIver's wedding. ~2008-9, they had a "falling out." Diane was trying to do something nice for her but "it wasn't working out; after 5 different forms of communication that were not OK for me, I chose to dissolve the friendship" @wsbradio

1m1 minute ago
Cathi Johansen would see Diane McIver still in the condo building, sharing elevators, parking garage, etc. They acted "pleasant" but no extended convos.:"We weren't friends anymore, but I loved her." They didn't socialize any longer. #TexMcIver @wsbradio

1m1 minute ago
Friend/neighbor Cathi Johansen testifies that "sure," she'd been on the receiving end of Diane McIver's sharp tongue. She laughs. "You always knew where you stood with Diane," says Johansen. "She was always direct."#TexMcIver @wsbradio

(no more tweets)

WSB-TV@wsbtv
2m2 minutes ago
Testimony has ended for the week in the Tex McIver trial
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tex McIver Talked About Finances, PR Rather Than Wife's Death
Atlanta attorney Claud “Tex” McIver appeared far more interested in his reputation and his bank account than his wife’s shooting death, according to a longtime co-worker and friend of Diane McIver.

"...Jay Grover, an executive vice president at the Atlanta billboard company and a close personal friend of Diane McIver, testified Friday at Atlanta attorney Tex McIver’s murder trial. In addition to murder, McIver faces three counts of influencing witnesses...."

https://www.law.com/dailyreportonli...pr-rather-than-wifes-death/?cmp=share_twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Report@DailyReport
17m17 minutes ago
Week 2 of #TexMcIver Testimony Included the Driver, Her Husband, an Officer & a Video http://ow.ly/avSF30j7HlZ #slideshow #galegal #criminallaw #legalnews

(video clip https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/977237767859122176...)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tex McIver Trial Day 9 Part 2

[video=youtube;9s_3i3E-gBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_3i3E-gBo[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indictment:

KL@KillersLie
3m3 minutes ago

DZAVVXkXkAMVIg3.jpg

listening to jury selection and I think they may have had to make some serious compromises on these jurors to get a jury seated...so many think he is guilty.

now they continue with a guy with pending felony charges waiting for a court date and feels that he has been treated unfairly and cannot incarcerate someone and defense likes him of course so they continue. This is crazy. Hope he is not on

wow asks the guy to pull up e ticket...this is rough

Tex McIver waited 40 days to pick up wife’s remains, witness says

"This is our live recounting of testimony occurring in the courtroom on Friday, March 23: ...

Court will resume at 9 a.m. Monday..

After checking with both groups of attorneys and members of the jury, Judge McBurney said the trial will be on a break the week of April 2. It will resume on Monday, April 9. ..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/tex-mciver-murder-trial-day/098P8EdmjXUoNyrxPURJ3K/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you confuse money with class/social status. You really do not know either Dani Jo or Tom Carter personally. You do not know how much they earn or if they are financially secure or not. For example, if I told you what I do
and that I work part time, you might assume I need money. You might wonder why, for example, a close friend of mine is financially successful while it appears to you I am not. Tom and I grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood, are college graduates and are in our mid 50’s. I am able to work part time doing something fun because I have family money. Many people our age from upper middle class backgrounds have inherited or stand to inherit enough or more than enough money to live on. The McIvers are not necessarily that different -or- similar to the Carters in terms of class or social status. In my case, we would not move in the same circles because I come from a wildly different background than Diane. You are insinuating things about the Carters based on what you see on social media.

I think you confuse money with class/social status. You really do not know either Dani Jo or Tom Carter personally. You do not know how much they earn or if they are financially secure or not. For example, if I told you what I do
and that I work part time, you might assume I need money. You might wonder why, for example, a close friend of mine is financially successful while it appears to you I am not. Tom and I grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood, are college graduates and are in our mid 50’s. I am able to work part time doing something fun because I have family money. Many people our age from upper middle class backgrounds have inherited or stand to inherit enough or more than enough money to live on. The McIvers are not necessarily that different -or- similar to the Carters in terms of class or social status. In my case, we would not move in the same circles because I come from a wildly different background than Diane. You are insinuating things about the Carters based on what you see on social media.

You are making this way too personal...my perspective is just a person watching a trial...nothing more or less.

Wow. It's like this guy didn't even care if he looked guilty.

The AJC article he vetted? Full of lies that were easily disproved. Just made up crap with regards to "no drinking", a "bump" in the road causing the gun to go off and being afraid of BLM protesters. He's a lawyer??

He didn't want to "commingle funds" so he refused to pick up his wife's remains? So a friend who was no longer even socializing with Diane paid for them instead?

All I can think is that this guy is just arrogant and cocky beyond belief. He figured he could just pull that trigger and the world would revolve around him. He's a lawyer. No one would ever question it was an accident. Oops, well he has good attorneys to defend him. This will go nowhere.

He just seems so delusional and out of touch with reality that he apparently didn't even try to pretend to not be a heartless pig with no real concern for his dead wife that he'd just shot. He just thought he'd get away with killing his wife without any actual effort on his part?

I wonder how many skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and cheese nips he'll get in prison?

My presumption that the Carters were in need of money, was not at all based upon their Social Media footprints, but on trial testimony where Dani Jo detailed out the terms of her loan with Diane McIver, in which she borrowed $15K, and was slowing paying back in small monthly payments. If she was not in need of money, she would likely not borrow money from her friend.

IMO, the fact that Carters were borrowing money from the McIvers is an interesting point, b/c I don't believe it's typical of most friendships and it puts the McIvers in a more dominant position in the friendship.

After Diane passes away, Tex, attempts to possibly influence a witness (Dani Jo) and offers to forgive the remaining balance of her loan. The remaining balance was in the $2K range. IMO that may have been a significant amount of money to the Carters, and not a significant amount to Tex. Just all interesting points that I learned from watching the trial, not on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay