GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I caught that alright! Two women slept at his home the night his wife died. One on the sofa and the other in his bedroom. And the one on the sofa "assumed" the other one slept on the floor. Though she never saw her on the floor or anything set up on the floor for her to sleep on. Nice upstanding husband shoots his wife in the back and then his "masseuse" sleeps in his bedroom that night.

the scary thing is non of this behavior necessarily means he intended to murder his wife. As this goes along I get nervous that state does not have enough. Today it is clear they did not agree on whose wills but that was quite some time ago.

Since Dixie, the sister, is in the room, does that mean she won't be called to testify? Someone needs to ask her what she loaded up in boxes from Diane's filing cabinets into a pickup truck and if she ever saw a more recent will!

Since Dixie, the sister, is in the room, does that mean she won't be called to testify? Someone needs to ask her what she loaded up in boxes from Diane's filing cabinets into a pickup truck and if she ever saw a more recent will!

you know I think that is exactly what that means...she can't watch all of this and testify...but boy I would love to hear her...

You know maybe Tex is smarter than I thought he was. We have prosecution going through his emails with Diane, and just some back and forth about the wills. I can't believe there hasn't been any other love interest so far in this story, or any interesting emails to Annie, to book his "massage" the night after his wife died. If there was I wonder if it was deemed inadmissible? or irrelevant?

the the AJC last week regarding juror 61..."It has been a long trial, and on Thursday tensions flared on multiple fronts. Several jurors asked Judge Robert McBurney to replace Juror 61, who has often shown up late and, according to the other jurors, has become a polarizing figure in the jury room. " There is way more going on with this juror than being late...I don't know the law here but I think the judge is increasing the possibility of a mis trial keeping her on but I guess being late is not enough. I wonder who they pick alternates in GA? Maybe he is keeping her in case others have more serious issues and they won't have enough? It sounded like another juror has an issue and at the end the judge has something to "tell" the jury in the morning.

I am thinking about Annie on the stand...she is asked about that night at the condo and asked why she slept on the floor in his room? What possible answer is there...he was scared to be alone in the room...that testimony of Rachel was so odd all the way around and she is still on his payroll.

‘Breakdown’: Did Dani Jo Carter’s testimony help or hurt Tex McIver?

https://www.myajc.com/news/local/br...imony-help-tex-mciver/cB06Zllk1I5UqOGBoFC5DP/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tex McIver murder trial includes innuendo on his fidelity to wife

"Money, the state said in its opening statement three weeks ago, drove Claud “Tex” McIver to fatally shoot his wife, Diane. But as the trial has progressed, prosecutors have implied the 75-year-old attorney may have been in an inappropriate relationship. They’ve done so without direct evidence, but plenty of innuendo..."

https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...-trial-focuses-motive/bZcTnJXWiFBAYyIwwZUfQJ/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catching up now....some interesting points from Billy Corey interview. He really loved Diane, trusted her. She ran that company and made her own salary. Seems like Billy Corey is extremely wealthy and was pretty hands off in the business as of recent years.

Strange to me how incredibly close Diane and Tex were to Austin. I know they were his godparents but haven't yet seen how Diane knew his mother and b/c so close to Austin, but not the older brother, Craig, as they are only 2 years apart in age. Austin had his own room at the Ranch, as well as his own room at the Buckhead condo, at one point filled with toys. At one point he used to sleep in the same room as Tex and Diane, Corey started to explain, but Defense jumped in and stopped that story.

Also interesting to me is that a mutual friend of theirs that lived in the Buckhead condo building died, the man's kids couldn't sell it so Diane bought it, sold it to USS Enterprises for $250K and they just kept an empty condo that sometimes Billy Corey would use after going out to dinner with clients and enjoying wine. He said he used it maybe once a quarter and once Diane passed away he sold that condo for ~$350K. Just strange....such opulence to buy and own a condo and use it once a quarter?

I think the defense case might be short...they mention in pre-trial that most of the witnesses that state has on the list are on their list too so they expect if state calls them they can get their testimony during cross. I have seen that happening with most witnesses so they probably only will have the sleep person and maybe some ballistics. They expected the trial to go one month so not so sure they are that far behind...not sure judge conveyed that to jury. I also read where Billy Corey really distanced himself from Tex after the death of Diane and I think he is not buying the accident theory...makes me wonder what else he knows that will never come into trial. And boy is Anne Schwall buying Tex' story but of course she has every reason to go with it. I agree that Austin sleeping in with Tex and Diane is beyond strange.

Can anyone fill in the blanks why it took so long for Tex to be charged? Murder was in Sept. and he was not charged until late April of the next year.

And Anne letting her young son head down to the Ranch, which he was to inherit one day, with his Godparents and lord knows who else, the caretakers, the friends, all the drinking and guns down there. And all this lavish attention on Austin, the huge parties for every birthday, his own room at the Ranch, everyone talking about how he's going to inherit this $1M piece of property!!! What did they do for brother Craig's b'day - the party room at McDonalds?

Not at all strange for Billy Corey to buy that condo. Many wealthy folks maintain what is called a pied a terre. Typically an apt or condo in a major city so they can enjoy a night out on the town & not have to drive the long distance to their primary residence. Also note he made an easy $100,000 selling the condo.

I am creeped out by your description of the relationship with Austin. It sounds way over the top and not a healthy factor in his relationship with his brother as you state. Even grandparents who are affluent do not usually go to such extremes. Upper middle class grandparents are more likely to foot the bill for private schools, college, etc. I am talking about Wasp upper middle class/wealthy families. If I were Anne Schwall, I would not want anyone to know the McIvers were paying for my son’s preschool. To me, it would be a sign that her family could not adequately provide for Austin. By that I mean Austin’s grandparents or Austin’s father. Heaven forbid Anne should pay for her son’s preschool. (sarcasm)

Yes and Anne used to be married to a Fulton County Superior Court Judge who works in this building they are in right now! They divorced in 2014, but the McIvers were helping the Schwalls way back in 2008 when they were still married and the market downturn occurred. Diane lent them $50K, and was paying for Austin's Preschool at the Suzuki School which is an expensive Montessori program. Then Diane lent her another $30K to refinance her house in 2014 when she divorced. Anne is still making payments on this second loan to Diane's estate.

Grew up in somewhat similar background to Austin. Definitely taught how to safely shoot a pistol starting when I was 9 or 10. Spent lots of time away from my parents at my grandfather’s cabin in N Ga Mtns. As far as drinking is concerned, every adult I knew drank all the time. Remember seeing plenty of plastered grown ups saying goodnight at parents’ cocktail parties. LOL, I didn’t need to go anywhere to see lots of drinking...that happened at home every night. Cocktails before dinner and wine during dinner. If out for dinner at a private club, cocktails before dinner, bottles of wine and after dinner drinks. Austin wasn’t being exposed to anything new at the ranch re drinking.

I do really wonder about the other brother. I’d just tell him what I say about my upbringing: what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Maybe older brother Craig has his own set of rich Godparents?

I just think about my kids.....they flip out if I don't cut the sandwich in 3 exactly equal parts :) And all birthday parties we try to spend about the same amount of money.

Alright the jurors must have been thinking the same way I am. One of the jury questions is if both her kids live with her. The answer is yes. Craig is only 2 years older than Austin. Then jurors asked if Craig went to the ranch as much as Austin and she replies, he did when he was younger, but as he's gotten older he isn't interested in going. I think they are 11 & 13. Ranch sounds like it would be the perfect place for boys of this age. Strange to me that Craig didn't want to go there anymore.......

boy attorney for corporation said that Mr. Corey did not want Tex in the Corey building after the death...someone had to meet him in parking lot to give him the original will. Most people keep the original with their estate lawyer in a vault...nothing about these people is normal and I think Mr. Corey knows many many secrets about Tex and thus his suspicions. And he cannot say anything in court. But he will be filing a civil case again the estate and we could learn more there if that ever proceeds.

Wild About Trial Live Feed (WAT)

https://wildabouttrial.com/live/tex-...l-live-stream/
---

Law & Crime Network Live Feed:

https://lawandcrime.com/
---

CBS46 Live Feed

http://www.cbs46.com/category/213030...ws-live-stream
---

AJC.com Live Feed

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...hDqCWvzZB3LWL/
------------------

11Alive

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...l-live-feed-and-ongoing-coverage/85-528076775
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild About Trial@WildAboutTrial
2h2 hours ago
Day 11 is about to start in the #TexMcIver trial.

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
2h2 hours ago
#TexMcIver - Court has started. Judge: Juror 61 was here on time.https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/tex-mciver/watch-live-tex-mciver-trial/ …

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
2h2 hours ago
For the record, the @wsbtv attorney tells me @MarkWinne didn't agree to testify. He swore out an affidavit asserting his story on #TexMciver is authentic. Prosecutor no wrongly claiming he wants to take the stand.

2h2 hours ago
Our attorney says the prosecutor is not being true to their word by saying @MarkWinneWSB will testify in #TexMcIver.

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2h2 hours ago
#TexMcIver - Judge planning on going until 6 today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2h2 hours ago
Corey in-house counsel, Ken Rickert, now taking the stand in #TexMcIver.

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
2h2 hours ago
#TexMcIver - General counsel at Corey/US Enterprises, Kenneth Rickert, takes the stand. He reported directly to Diane McIver and William Corey. https://lawandcrime.com/

DZTHJb7VMAAc3c2.jpg

1h1 hour ago
Rickert testifies #TexMcIver and his firm helped U.S. Enterprises win lawsuit about billboards at @ATLairport years ago. $10 million in legal fees spent by company on the case.

1h1 hour ago
Rickert tells jury about promissory note he wrote up for a loan Diane gave #TexMcIver for $750k.

1h1 hour ago
Rickert says Diane loaned #TexMcIver $350k secured by a deed on the land they owned in #Putnam County.

DZTKumBVwAApUgZ.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence