GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial Live Feed (WAT)

https://wildabouttrial.com/live-streaming/tex-mciver-trial-live-stream/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network Live Feed:

https://lawandcrime.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS46 Live Feed

http://www.cbs46.com/category/213030...ws-live-stream
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11Alive

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...l-live-feed-and-ongoing-coverage/85-528076775
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I liked Rucker's empassioned closing, found it very interesting and compelling! GUILTY!

I think he did a good job and, yes, compelling, IMO. Everything he stated is what I was thinking- guilty. Maybe a bit much with the octopus, but I understood what he was talking about- smoke screen from the defense- covering everything up so it looks so innocent- bah.

I'm glad he spoke about Diane- this trial is about Diane's death.

Rucker reminds me of Juan Martinez- sort of unconventional in how he presents his case. JM has a lot of passion for the victim and fights for them with all he has- so does Rucker. Good for him, no matter what he sounds like or the outcome, he stands for Diane. Rucker may not have have as much finesse as the defense team, but he comes across, to me, as honest and puts out everything he has for the victim. Good for him.

I didn't like the laughing, smiling, arrogant Samuels- he tried to brush everything Tex did aside- like it was a normal, everyday occurrence.

Harvey was OK- I'm surprised- I could stomach him yesterday.

:moo:

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
18m18 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - The jury resumes deliberations this morning in the McIver murder trial. They deliberated for approximately 1 1/2 hours yesterday and asked to have gun unlocked to test trigger pull.

Aungelique Proctor@aungeliquefox5
6m6 minutes ago
Happening Now. The courtroom is quiet as the jury resumes deliberations in #TexMcIver murder trial. @FOX5Atlanta – at Fulton County Juror Assembly Room
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting to read the different views here...while I was so turned off by Rucker's closing many experienced trial watchers really liked it....which says to me that verdict may well be not as easy as I see it and could take some time. I only hope it is not hung.

Kaitlyn Ross 11Alive@kaitlynross1
55m55 minutes ago
Walking in to the 1st full day of jury deliberations in the Tex McIver Murder Trial. They talked for 90 minutes yesterday. According to my (very scientific) twitter poll, 65% of you think he’s guilty, 35% think not. Will be a tough split if the jury agrees

Jennifer Bellamy@JBellamyTV
24m24 minutes ago
Here are the charges under consideration in the Tex McIver case. During their closing, prosecutors tried to steer jurors away from another possibility, involuntary manslaughter #MorningRushATL

DbDnW7NUwAA0RU-.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prosecutors, Defense Give Closing Arguments in McIver Murder Trial
Prosecutors battled with defense lawyers for more than five hours over whether Diane McIver's shooting was an accident or financially motivated.

"...Defense attorney Don Samuel attacked the notion that Diane McIver’s death was deliberate due to debt that prosecutors claimed he owed his wife, a reduction in salary and the loss of his partnership at Fisher & Phillips.

“They were in love,” Samuel insisted. “You can pooh-pooh that, you can say that’s ridiculous. [But] there was no doubt about it. They were like little teenagers in love. … They were together all the time. Nobody ever saw them fight. Nobody ever saw them argue. Nobody ever heard her say, ‘I am going to foreclose [on the ranch] if you don’t pay me my money.’”...

Defense attorney Bruce Harvey attacked the prosecution’s theory as “an accident in search of a motive.”...

Rucker painted Diane McIver’ death as a betrayal by a husband coveting her money.

“Who will stand for Diane Mciver, a great woman she tried to be,” he said. “Who will stand for truth and justice as she cries out, ‘Who will stand for me?’”..."

https://www.law.com/dailyreportonli...ive-closing-arguments-in-mciver-murder-trial/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We now have VERDICT WATCH on the thread!

Prosecutor says lawyer who killed his wife coveted her money

"ATLANTA (AP) — An Atlanta attorney who fatally shot his wife coveted her money and killed her intentionally, a prosecutor argued Tuesday. A defense attorney rejected that, saying his client adored his wife and the case against him is an "accident in search of a motive."

Everyone agrees that Claud "Tex" McIver, 75, fatally shot Diane McIver in September 2016. But jurors, who heard from dozens of witnesses over roughly four weeks of testimony, must now decide whether he did it on purpose.

Prosecutor Clint Rucker said in his closing argument that there was clear, compelling and overwhelming evidence that McIver intentionally killed his wife. He did it because he was financially dependent on her and feared losing that support, Rucker said.

"When he killed Diane McIver, it was like hitting the lottery," Rucker said. "If she stopped supporting him in the manner to which he was accustomed, he had a problem."

But defense attorney Bruce Harvey called the prosecution's case a "tale of innuendos and undelivered promises." McIver depended on his wife's largesse and loved her dearly, defense attorneys said.

In the absence of a strong case, the prosecution did everything they could to vilify McIver and decided, "'We are going to make this jury not like him,'" defense attorney Don Samuel said, adding, "That's their mission."...
Prosecutors asked the jury to find McIver guilty of malice murder, meaning that he intentionally shot her "with malice aforethought." Defense attorneys told the jury that it was an accident and, therefore, they must acquit him.

Jurors can also consider the lesser charge of felony involuntary manslaughter, which would mean he didn't act intentionally but was acting recklessly when he shot her..."

http://accesswdun.com/article/2018/4/660767
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaitlyn Ross 11Alive@kaitlynross1
55m55 minutes ago
Walking in to the 1st full day of jury deliberations in the Tex McIver Murder Trial. They talked for 90 minutes yesterday. According to my (very scientific) twitter poll, 65% of you think he’s guilty, 35% think not. Will be a tough split if the jury agrees

Wow we could be in for the long haul if jury is thinking like this...but is that poll guilty of murder or something less?

Do we know the composition of the jury?

composition of the jury- I don't remember if that was ever stated in either tweets or an article- but I could've missed it.

composition of the jury- I don't remember if that was ever stated in either tweets or an article- but I could've missed it.

Yesterday I read a very interesting article with details about each juror. Will try to find it and post here!

A question- Is it true the jury requested a certain court scribe to finish out the trial? If true, why would that be?? I don't get it. Ideas?

Also- If the boots thing was SOLELY (sorry! : ) that it seemed insensitive Tex (that name makes me gag) let masseuse wear the boots (though we know that Diane wore the pants ) so soon after Diane's death tben that seems a very lame point IMO to bring up. Was that all the boots story was about, nothing more???

I don't think I saw the makeup of the jury either. Otherwise, I believe I would have put that on my notes.

So - almost 3 hours now, if I'm calculating correctly....

:waiting:

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
1m1 minute ago
#TexMcIver jury update: Jurors will take a lunch break between 12:15 and 12:30 for an hour. Have already told the judge they want to leave by 5PM today and tomorrow if no verdict reached by then.

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
1m1 minute ago
#TexMcIver jury update: Jurors will take a lunch break between 12:15 and 12:30 for an hour. Have already told the judge they want to leave by 5PM today and tomorrow if no verdict reached by then.

Ugh!! I realize it hasn't been very long but the waiting is killing me! I'm so impatient!

Ugh!! I realize it hasn't been very long but the waiting is killing me! I'm so impatient!

:waiting::waiting:

There is another verdict watch that I'm following at the same time this watch is going on- the nanny Yoselyn Ortega trial....:sheesh:

I'm going to be doing some things around the house today to catch up to things that I have let slide because of these 2 trials and may miss both of the verdicts- so everyone keep an eye out. I'll check every so often tho'...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay