GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too, am familiar with the Alday murders. My father was born in Donalsonville and raised in Jakin. His younger brother went to school with one of the Alday sons.

Hi Resident, thank you so much for posting. This case has captured my heart for some reason. I cant stay on WS too much as it depresses me but about 4 times a year something comes along and I am stuck like glue.

Let me ask you a question? did no one in the Park hear anything going on? Is it spread out where that wouldnt be possible? I just cant imagine a neighbor not hearing something.

I understand if you cant discuss, just thought i would ask.

Thoughts are with you and your community.

Thank you
Kara

I have been granted posting privileges so here I go. This is a horrible thing to happen to a typical family struggling to get along in hard times. From what I have read here and elsewhere these are basically good people with problems familiar to most of us. I’d like to make a few observations and speculations to try to add something constructive to the discussion.

Regarding Guy Heinze, Jr, I can’t believe anyone who listened to the 911 call could possibly think he was a participant in these brutal murders. His actions are very suspicious, particularly hiding the shotgun in the car trunk. I think his arrest is completely proper based on his deceptions. Whether aggressive prosecution is appropriate remains to be seen. It is likely that he has information critical to the investigation.

I can’t see this as being drug related as far as selling or using. Just too small time I think. There does seem to be enough criminal background among some family members that they probably know and are known by some pretty unsavory people. My guess right now is that a member of the family had information that put a very dangerous person in jeopardy; information important enough to risk this unspeakable crime.

I’ll be following this thread with great interest.

Guy was granted $20,000 bond today. He is to also wear a monitoring ankle bracelet but they aren't to sure where he will stay since the place he was living is now a crime scene and that was most if not all of his family.

Guy was granted $20,000 bond today. He is to also wear a monitoring ankle bracelet but they aren't to sure where he will stay since the place he was living is now a crime scene and that was most if not all of his family.

Has any one heard if he has made bail?

He is to have another brother so maybe he can stay with him.

imo

This is interesting.

"It's a murder scene," he cries out frantically, saying he had just returned home from work to find the victims, which he said included his father, uncle and cousins. But when pressed, he does not say how they died.

I thought LE charged him with making a false statement about his whereabouts.

So did he tell them he was at work and he wasn't?

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/ge...l_set_for_man_who_reported_brunswick_killings

BRUNSWICK — Glynn County Chief Magistrate Tim Barton set a $20,000 bail today for Guy Heinze Jr., who was arrested after making a frantic 911 call Saturday morning to report the deaths of his father and six others.

Barton also ordered Heinze to remain on home confinement except for work, and he must wear an electronic ankle bracelet so authorities can keep tabs on his whereabouts.

Heinze is charged with tampering with evidence, obstructing police and two drug possession charges.

Because his home remains a crime scene, Heinze will stay with his grandmother, according to his attorney, Ron Harrison.

Harrison said arrangements were under way this afternoon to post Heinze's bail, and have him fitted with the monitoring bracelet. Heinze may be released later today, he said.

"He is looking forward to being reunited with his family," Harrison said.

Heinze plans to attend the joint funeral of his slain relatives on Saturday.

I am new and only signed up to post a few things. Not only am I a resident of Brunswick, I am a resident of the mobile home park and knew most of the victims in this nightmare.

I have seen the awful post at other sites, from responses from countless online newspaper articles to the TOPIX site.

Perhaps I can give a more human perspective to them, rather than the "white trash derelicts" that I have seen them being portrayed as. :furious:

Rusty was a very hardworking man. He worked both for Aero Instant and for the mobile home park itself. He was the "glue" for the family, and was often the only one supporting the family. He enjoyed fishing and camping. He was also very good father. When other parents may have shunned a disabled child, he went the other way - Micheal went wherever he did. He included Micheal in everything, from a quick trip to the store to a camping or fishing trip.

His son Micheal was born with Down's syndrome. He had undergone several surgeries, from heart surgery to having his hips replaced. He was a good boy that could be loud and get overly excited at times, but he was happy. Rusty had said that due to Micheal's medical condition(s), he would more than likely have a short life span and he wanted to do all he could to make his time good. Micheal was truly an innocent victim.

His son Junior was a shy young man, hardworking and very respectful to others. He always had a kind word to say, a smile on his face, and loved to go fishing. He did the best he could to help his daddy, from working to helping with Micheal.

His daughter, Michelle I only met a time or two, but she was such a pretty girl, mannerly, respectful and seemed to be a generally happy girl. She also enjoyed going fishing with her daddy.

I only met Rusty's daughter Chrissy briefly 1 time, so I can not say anything about her. I have met Byron, Chrissy's son, a couple times. He seemed to be a happy child, the typical curious and rambunctious 3 year. I have never met Chrissy's boyfriend, Joseph West. I have never met Rusty's sister, Brenda Falagan.

Guy Sr. was a man that had had hard knocks it seems his whole life. He was basically abandoned (his words, not mine) by his mother at a young age. He was raised with Rusty, so even though there may not have been actual "blood" relations, they were like brothers. A few years ago, he was working in a tire shop and a tire he was working on exploded. The injuries were very bad, yet, he recovered and went back to work. The injuries left him with a speech problem and an odd way of walking and holding his head. He had been working as a truck driver, but with the economy the way it is, he was laid off. He also worked when possible with Aero Instant. He was a joking, good natured man who loved his family. He was a good brother, uncle and father.

Guy Jr has always been a respectful young man towards me and my family. He seemed to genuinely love his family, especially his dad. I feel he is being portrayed in the wrong light. Yes, coming home at 8 am may sound odd to some, but in actuality, it is not uncommon for young people his age. I do not condone drug use, but again, and sadly, it is not that uncommon in his age group. As for the charges against him, who can say what our unthinking reactions would have been if faced with the same horror he faced alone that morning.

This family deserves better than what media coverage they are receiving.

As a friend to some of the victims, I can kind of understand the lack of information being released. Who knows what they (law enforcement) know? Perhaps they feel if info is released, it may hamper the investigation, thereby hampering the hopefully fast prosecution of those responsible.

But, as a resident of the mobile home park, I really think there should be something more - some way of easing our minds, of letting us know whether we need to all be afraid or if we can rest a bit easier. It is not a morbid curiosity to want to know more, it is simply for our own peace of mind.

bwk, THANK YOU for humanizing these folks. i am disgusted with comments i've read from other sites, which may as well begin with the 2 words "good riddance..." who are any of us to feel so smugly superior, who among us have walked in the shoes of any of these people? what if this family had lived in a nice house? what if they had some history of WHITE-COLLAR crimes? would that make them more "honorable"? i think i know what JESUS' answer would be! just imo- i find it hard to believe the boy in jail was involved... he probably DID come home in the wee hours- after partying/socializing all night; i did the same at his age- in college... as far as the shotgun and the drugs he tried to hide (or whatever), it's not too hard to believe that he panicked and removed/moved anything that would cause him to be suspected; a very common move. again, thanks for reminding us that these people were not "trash", they did not operate a pedophile ring!

I am new and only signed up to post a few things. Not only am I a resident of Brunswick, I am a resident of the mobile home park and knew most of the victims in this nightmare.

I have seen the awful post at other sites, from responses from countless online newspaper articles to the TOPIX site.

Perhaps I can give a more human perspective to them, rather than the "white trash derelicts" that I have seen them being portrayed as. :furious:

Rusty was a very hardworking man. He worked both for Aero Instant and for the mobile home park itself. He was the "glue" for the family, and was often the only one supporting the family. He enjoyed fishing and camping. He was also very good father. When other parents may have shunned a disabled child, he went the other way - Micheal went wherever he did. He included Micheal in everything, from a quick trip to the store to a camping or fishing trip.

His son Micheal was born with Down's syndrome. He had undergone several surgeries, from heart surgery to having his hips replaced. He was a good boy that could be loud and get overly excited at times, but he was happy. Rusty had said that due to Micheal's medical condition(s), he would more than likely have a short life span and he wanted to do all he could to make his time good. Micheal was truly an innocent victim.

His son Junior was a shy young man, hardworking and very respectful to others. He always had a kind word to say, a smile on his face, and loved to go fishing. He did the best he could to help his daddy, from working to helping with Micheal.

His daughter, Michelle I only met a time or two, but she was such a pretty girl, mannerly, respectful and seemed to be a generally happy girl. She also enjoyed going fishing with her daddy.

I only met Rusty's daughter Chrissy briefly 1 time, so I can not say anything about her. I have met Byron, Chrissy's son, a couple times. He seemed to be a happy child, the typical curious and rambunctious 3 year. I have never met Chrissy's boyfriend, Joseph West. I have never met Rusty's sister, Brenda Falagan.

Guy Sr. was a man that had had hard knocks it seems his whole life. He was basically abandoned (his words, not mine) by his mother at a young age. He was raised with Rusty, so even though there may not have been actual "blood" relations, they were like brothers. A few years ago, he was working in a tire shop and a tire he was working on exploded. The injuries were very bad, yet, he recovered and went back to work. The injuries left him with a speech problem and an odd way of walking and holding his head. He had been working as a truck driver, but with the economy the way it is, he was laid off. He also worked when possible with Aero Instant. He was a joking, good natured man who loved his family. He was a good brother, uncle and father.

Guy Jr has always been a respectful young man towards me and my family. He seemed to genuinely love his family, especially his dad. I feel he is being portrayed in the wrong light. Yes, coming home at 8 am may sound odd to some, but in actuality, it is not uncommon for young people his age. I do not condone drug use, but again, and sadly, it is not that uncommon in his age group. As for the charges against him, who can say what our unthinking reactions would have been if faced with the same horror he faced alone that morning.

This family deserves better than what media coverage they are receiving.

As a friend to some of the victims, I can kind of understand the lack of information being released. Who knows what they (law enforcement) know? Perhaps they feel if info is released, it may hamper the investigation, thereby hampering the hopefully fast prosecution of those responsible.

But, as a resident of the mobile home park, I really think there should be something more - some way of easing our minds, of letting us know whether we need to all be afraid or if we can rest a bit easier. It is not a morbid curiosity to want to know more, it is simply for our own peace of mind.

This truly touched my heart, especially Michael. It has brought me to tears and now I'm even more furious and hope these lowlife scums are caught :furious::behindbar

imo

I'm not sure OBE. Speaking of brothers, I want to know where the other people ,who were supposedly staying there, are? There was talk about the woman driving up in the white car looking for so and so. Where are they? What is their alibi?

Bwk Resident - Thank you so much for giving so much information regarding this family. To the sleuthers that are not in our area they were just names on a sheet of paper and now you have given a little bit of information about them that maybe people can understand just what kind of family they were.

When we hear of such things happening and do not know of these people or have not read about them from someone that knows them, people will assume the worst. It really is not about where people live,where they work etc. but they will be judged by some. This appears to me to be a family that has strong family beliefs (taking care of each other). In todays world *that* says alot.

There is a survivor who has lost her whole family and has a grandchild in the hospital fighting for his life. I hope she has a support system to be with her right now, she sure needs it.

I hope and pray who ever did this will be caught. I am like you do not know whether to be scared for our safety in this town or not. Many people right now are staying close to home and their families due to the uncertanty. From one resident to another - Stay Safe, and thank you for sharing the information on this family.

I came to Websleuths when Caylee Anthony was missing in Orlando. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that I would be posting on here today trying to solve the murder of 8 people in my town.

According to his attorney, he will be staying with his grandmother. Look at my post #290 for a link -

imo

I have not heard whether he has made bail yet. Our local radio station said he planned to attend the funeral for his family on Saturday though. I hope they have security at the funeral if someone is looking for Jr.

I'm not sure OBE. Speaking of brothers, I want to know where the other people ,who were supposedly staying there, are? There was talk about the woman driving up in the white car looking for so and so. Where are they? What is their alibi?

They were the brother and sister in law of Joseph West

I keep thinking about the cost to the family for the 3 yr old's hospitalization. I doubt anyone had insurance. Is there some sort of fund for him?

Ikeep thinking about the cost to the family for the 3 yr old's hospitalization. I doubt anyone had insurance. Is there some sort of fund for him?

Not only that but the funeral costs are also going to be outrageous, I haven't seen any funds set up for this family. This poor families lives were riddled with tragedy. It's like they never had a chance. I think with the 3 year old child Medicaid will pick up the tab, that should help out with those cost. In any event the survivors have a long haul ahead of them, we should all keep them in our thoughts and/or prayers.

I keep thinking about the cost to the family for the 3 yr old's hospitalization. I doubt anyone had insurance. Is there some sort of fund for him?

I am not sure about his expenses but iirc I did read somewhere they have set up a fund for the family. Can you even imagine how much it is going to cost for all the funerals. That has to be an overwhelming thought to the families at this time along with dealing with their tremendous loss.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffanylynne82
Back