GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The politics post-2016 have broken up relationships in my sibling group. It's hard to believe we grew up in the same household.

jmo
The family members were the most shocking and heartbreaking! Some of the opinions coming out of their mouths have left me speechless and enraged. One I was holding onto for, I don’t know why, mentioned when I was with her in Fl. that the people should be able to read the signs at the Rio Grande. They were in Spanish. If they ignored them and got caught in barb wires it was their own fault. Her grandmother came from Cuba. Which makes no difference in the story. I just looked at her in pure horror. I asked if she heard what she just said and if she meant it, she said she did. I left her house and spent the rest of my Fl. vacation at my nephew. She’s called many times since, I have nothing to say. EVER

And it's spread to other countries.

A once normal thing like getting a flu shot which I mentioned at a local hobby group was met with pitying eyes and a lecture on "falling for what I've been told" and finding my information from the "wrong" place.

By that they meant the ABC, our national broadcaster.

By the way according to them, Covid is a hoax.
Out of the blue on another day, someone whispered to me that climate change is a hoax.

And yes it seems the worst of them are Trump fans.
They have really hard hearted views on everything.

I edited this to say I find they have quite bizarre views.
And have you seen THIS one??? Nuts!
Amazon’s Alexa has been claiming the 2020 election was stolen

Alexa says the 2020 race was stolen, even as parent company Amazon promotes the voice assistant as a reliable source of election news.

By Cat Zakrzewski

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/10/07/amazon-alexa-news-2020-election-misinformation/

I went to one group of about 30 people and the one in charge asked those who believed in climate change to put their hand up.
I couldn't believe that I was the only one :eek:

Then there was another question, hands up those who believe that most scientists are only in it for the money.
I was the only who didn't put my hand up.

Many in the class were readers of Rupert Murdochs, The Australian. One called it her beloved The Australian.

Somehow I seem to have become non mainstream.

I really hope not :eek:

I went to one group of about 30 people and the one in charge asked those who believed in climate change to put their hand up.
I couldn't believe that I was the only one :eek:

Then there was another question, hands up those who believe that most scientists are only in it for the money.
I was the only who didn't put my hand up.

Many in the class were readers of Rupert Murdochs, The Australian. One called it her beloved The Australian.

Somehow I seem to have become non mainstream.

I really hope not :eek:
No worries. You just attended the wrong meeting.

I have split these 2 out of the other 17 defendants...

Tuesday, Oct. 10th:
*Motions Hearing for both (@ 1:30pm ET) - GA – State of Georgia vs. Kenneth John Chesebro (61/now 62) (Trump lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (9/1/23) & waived his arraignment. Represented by Manubir Arora & Scott R. Grubman.
vs. Sidney Katherine Powell (68) (Trump campaign lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit election fraud (32 & 33), 1 count of conspiracy to commit computer theft (34), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer trespass (35), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer invasion of privacy (36) & 1 count conspiracy to defraud the State. (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (8/29/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Brian T. Rafferty.
Trial set to begin on 10/20/23 with jury selection. About 450 potential jurors will report on this date & another 450 on 10/27/23.
Trial set to begin on 11/6/23. (expected to last 4 months)
Prosecuting Office: Fulton County, GA District Attorney’ Fani Willis’ Office.
Officials with the Fulton County Court handed the indictment to judge Robert McBurney.

Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 10/3//23 reference post #505 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tion-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-26

10/3/23 Update: Powell: Notice of Motions hearing re Motion for Brady Material (Powell #54) & Motion to Dismiss for prosecutorial misconduct (Powell #60) on 10/5/23 @ 1:30pm.
10/5/23 Update: Hearing: Powell's Motion for Brady evidence & Motion alleging prosecutorial misconduct. Judge Scott McAfee has denied Powerll's motion to dismiss the indictment based on prosecutorial misconduct. The DA’s office filed petitions seeking testimony from six witnesses who live outside of Georgia. Among them was Boris Epshteyn, a lawyer in Trump’s inner circle; former Atlanta libel attorney Lin Wood & several GOP officials in other swing states that Trump contested three years ago. The petitions would function similarly to subpoenas if approved by judges in witness’s home states.
10/4/23 Update: Powell: 3 Certificates & 2 Petitions of need for testimony before a criminal prosecution for an out of State witness. 10/5/23: Petition for certificate of need for testimony before criminal prosecution pursuant to the Uniform Act to secure the attendance of witness. Reply to Brady & misconduct Motions by Powell. 10/4/23: Chesebro: 6 Certificates & 5 Petitions of need for testimony before a criminal prosecution for an out of State witness. Motion to Dismiss indictment for failure to comply with Special Prosecutor's Oath requirement. 10/5/23: Petition for Certificate of need for testimony before criminal prosecution pursuant to the Uniform Act to secure the attendance of witness. Response to Chesebro's reply Brief in support of his Motions to Quash counts 9,11,13,15,17 & 19. 10/6/23: Order on Defendant Chesebro's Motion to Dismiss indictment for failure to comply. Defendant Chesebros reply brief in support of his motion to Dismiss the indictment based on 1st Amendment protections. Defendant's Chesebro's reply brief in support of his General Demurrer to Count 1 (RICO). Notice of Motion hearing on 10/10/23 @ 1:30pm & on 10/11/23 @ 1:30pm. Defendant's 2nd compliance with discovery obligations. Defendant Chesebro's reply brief in support of his Motion to Dismiss under the supremacy Clause.
10/6/23 Update: Powell & Chesebro: Notice of Motions hearing. 1) Motion to Dismiss under the Supremacy Clause (Chesebro #27); 2) General demurrer based on 1st Amendment Protections (Chesebro #50, adopted by Powell) & 3) Motion to exclude legal memorandum (Chesebro #56). These matters are scheduled for argument on Tuesday, 10/10/23 @ 1:30pm. Also read & considered the following motions: 1) General Demurrer to Count 1 (Chesebro #30); 2) General Demurrer to Count 1-continuity (Chesebro #63, adopted by Powell); 3) General Demurrer & Motion to Dismiss Count 1 (Powell #35) & 4) Special Demurrer (Powell #59). These matters are scheduled for argument on Wednesday, 10/11/23 @ 1:30pm.
10/6/23 Update: Nevada State Republican National Committeeman Jim DeGraffenreid is one of six non-Georgia residents being summoned to testify in an upcoming trial for Chesebro & Powell. Fulton County prosecutors in a legal filing say DeGraffenreid & Chesebro communicated about the logistics of the convening of Nevada’s fake electors for Trump on Dec. 14, 2020 & that Chesebro provided “specific documents and instructions” to DeGraffenreid.
10/6/23 Update: Judge McAfee on Friday also denied Chesebro’s motion to have his case dismissed because of a special prosecutor’s delay in filing paperwork. Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade will remain involved in the election interference case despite objections from Chesebro’s attorneys. His lawyers argued that Chesebro’s indictment should be considered void since Wade did not file an oath of office with the clerk’s office until last week. Judge McAfee rejected dropping Chesebro’s complaint that was based on a technical error & said that the oath is not legally required since Wade is only prosecuting a single case for the DA’s office. Wade’s Cobb County law firm was hired in January 2022 to serve as lead counsel in the prosecution of case, which could involve 150 state witnesses testifying over the course of a four-month trial.

Tuesday, Oct. 10th:
*Case Management Hearing (Smith & Roman) (@ 11am ET) - GA – State of Georgia vs. Ray Stallings Smith III (60) (Coffee County election supervisor) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 2 counts of solicitation of violation of oath by public officer (2 & 6), 3 counts of false statements & writings (4, 13 & 19), 1 count conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 1 count conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15), 1 count criminal attempt to commit false statements & writings (23) & 1 count of false statements & writings (25). (total 12 counts). Bond $50K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (8/28/23) & waives his arraignment. Represented by Donald Franklin Samuel, Amanda Palmer, Bruce H. Morris & Kristen Wright Novay.
vs. Michael A. Roman (51) (lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $50K. Surrendered 8/25/23. Plead not guilty (9/2/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Ashleigh Bartkus Merchant.
Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 10/2//23 reference post #505 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tion-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-26

10/3/23 Update: Guiliani: Order allowing attorney to withdraw-L. David Wolfe.
10/3/23 Update: Powell: Notice of Motions hearing re Motion for Brady Material (Powell #54) & Motion to Dismiss for prosecutorial misconduct (Powell #60) on 10/5/23 @ 1:30pm.
10/3/23 Update: Roman: Defendant’s Motion for Continuance from Oct 2023 Date & Tried Separately from Defendants Who Filed Speedys.
10/5/23 Update: Fulton County DA Fani Willis says she continues to receive personal threats. Willis said late last week that receiving an estimated 150 threats over the last two months make her worried that her life is at risk. During a Fulton County Commission meeting, Willis detailed the stress her staff & other county employees are experiencing because of the visceral reaction among Trump’s supporters to the high-profile case. The threats are made through a variety of channels, including the county’s customer service line, her office telephone, the magistrate court, as well as through text messages & other forms of communication, Willis said.
10/5/23 Update: Defendant Latham's Motion to adopt defendant Chesebro's Motion to Dismiss indictment for failure to comply with Special Prosecutor's oath requirement.
10/5/23 Update: Kutti: Notice of Leave of Absence for Darryl B. Cohen from 11/6/23 thru 11/14/23.
10/5/23 Update: Cheeley: Special Demurrer. Joint General & Special Demurrer to, plea in Bar to & Motion to Quash the indictment of defendant Cheeley. And Motion filed. Notice of filing of Exhibit C to Joint General & Special Demurrer to, plea in Bar to & Motion to Quash indictment of Cheeley. Cheeley Motion to adopt Chesebro Motion to Dismiss re Oath.
10/6/23 Update: Shafer, Still & Latham are taking a second shot at being tried in federal rather than state court. The trio on Friday filed notices to appeal to the 11th Circuit U.S. Courts of Appeals that seeks to overturn the decision by U.S. District Court Judge Steve Jones last Friday that denied their motions to remove their cases out of Fulton County.
10/6/23 Update: Roman & Smith: Notice of Case Management hearing. The defendants' cases are scheduled for a case management hearing on 10/10/23 @ 11am. Motions hearing for all on 12/11/23.

Last edited:

In court filings Monday, prosecutors said McDaniel and Jones are both "necessary and material witnesses" for the upcoming trial against co-defendants Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro, which is set to start Oct. 23.

Judge Scott McAfee, who is overseeing the case, approved the requests for both out-of-state witnesses.
Prosecutors said McDaniel is needed to testify about her personal conversation with co-defendants Trump and John Eastman about the so-called alternate elector plan, in which slates of "alternate" electors met and created certificates to be counted during Congress' joint session on Jan. 6 in order to prevent Joe Biden from amassing 270 electoral votes.

The filing alleges McDaniel spoke with Trump and Eastman on Dec. 16, at which time Eastman told McDaniel about "the importance of the RNC helping the campaign" gather the contingent electors.

"Ronna McDaniel will provide evidence to the jury of Kenneth Chesebro's involvement in the conspiracy, including, without limitation, as it relates to communication between co-defendants Donald Trump and John Eastman" regarding the alternate elector plot, the filing said.

"[McDaniel] possess unique knowledge concerning communications between herself and Donald Trump," said the filing.

Prosecutors are also seeking testimony from Jones after the conspiracy theorist participated in the Jan. 6 march on the Capitol "alongside" Chesebro, another filing says.

"Alex Jones will provide evidence to the jury of Kenneth Chesebro's involvement in the conspiracy, including, without limitation, as it relates to his participation in the march on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021," the filing states.

Wednesday, Oct. 11th:
*Motions Hearing for both (@ 1:30pm ET) - GA – State of Georgia vs. Kenneth John Chesebro (61/now 62) (Trump lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (9/1/23) & waived his arraignment. Represented by Manubir Arora & Scott R. Grubman.
vs. Sidney Katherine Powell (68) (Trump campaign lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit election fraud (32 & 33), 1 count of conspiracy to commit computer theft (34), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer trespass (35), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer invasion of privacy (36) & 1 count conspiracy to defraud the State. (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (8/29/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Brian T. Rafferty.
Trial set to begin on 10/20/23 with jury selection. About 450 potential jurors will report on this date & another 450 on 10/27/23.
Trial set to begin on 11/6/23. (expected to last 4 months)
Prosecuting Office: Fulton County, GA District Attorney’ Fani Willis’ Office.
Officials with the Fulton county court handed the indictment to Judge Robert McBurney.

Case & court info from 2/10/21 thru 10/6//23 reference post #546 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tion-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-28

10/6/23 Update: Powell & Chesebro: Notice of Motions hearing. 1) Motion to Dismiss under the Supremacy Clause (Chesebro #27); 2) General demurrer based on 1st Amendment Protections (Chesebro #50, adopted by Powell) & 3) Motion to exclude legal memorandum (Chesebro #56). These matters are scheduled for argument on Tuesday, 10/10/23 @ 1:30pm. Also read & considered the following motions: 1) General Demurrer to Count 1 (Chesebro #30); 2) General Demurrer to Count 1-continuity (Chesebro #63, adopted by Powell); 3) General Demurrer & Motion to Dismiss Count 1 (Powell #35) & 4) Special Demurrer (Powell #59). These matters are scheduled for argument on Wednesday, 10/11/23 @ 1:30pm.
10/6/23 Update: Nevada State Republican National Committeeman Jim DeGraffenreid is one of six non-Georgia residents being summoned to testify in an upcoming trial for Chesebro & Powell. Fulton County prosecutors in a legal filing say DeGraffenreid & Chesebro communicated about the logistics of the convening of Nevada’s fake electors for Trump on Dec. 14, 2020 & that Chesebro provided “specific documents and instructions” to DeGraffenreid.
10/6/23 Update: Judge McAfee on Friday also denied Chesebro’s motion to have his case dismissed because of a special prosecutor’s delay in filing paperwork. Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade will remain involved in the election interference case despite objections from Chesebro’s attorneys. His lawyers argued that Chesebro’s indictment should be considered void since Wade did not file an oath of office with the clerk’s office until last week. Judge McAfee rejected dropping Chesebro’s complaint that was based on a technical error & said that the oath is not legally required since Wade is only prosecuting a single case for the DA’s office. Wade’s Cobb County law firm was hired in January 2022 to serve as lead counsel in the prosecution of case, which could involve 150 state witnesses testifying over the course of a four-month trial.
10/10/23 Update: Next Motions hearing continued on 10/11/23 regarding 1) General Demurrer to Count 1 (Chesebro #30); 2) General Demurrer to Count 1-continuity (Chesebro #63, adopted by Powell); 3) General Demurrer & Motion to Dismiss Count 1 (Powell #35) & 4) Special Demurrer (Powell #59).
10/10/23 Update: Fulton County prosecutors investigating efforts by Trump & his allies to overturn the 2020 election are seeking testimony from Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel, at the upcoming trial of lawyers Chesebro & Powell, according to court documents. Prosecutors are also seeking testimony from conspiracy theorist Alex Jones & Andrew Hitt, a 2020 Trump elector in Wisconsin. Prosecutors say each of them has unique knowledge as to Chesebro's involvement in efforts to overturn the 2020 election. To compel testimony from an out-of-state witness, two judges must sign off. The judge in the jurisdiction where the case is being prosecuted, Judge McAfee, and a judge local to where the witness lives. For McDaniel, that’s Michigan; for Jones, that’s Travis County, Texas; for Hitt, that’s Wisconsin. There are certificates that McAfee signed for McDaniel & Jones in the docket but there isn’t one for Hitt yet.

Docket updates - I will add these to the end of my notes.

for Powell:

Events & Hearings
10/09/2023 MOTION
Comment: Motion to Adopt

10/09/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.10.09 Order on Motion to Dismiss for Prosecutorial Misconduct

10/09/2023 OTHER
Comment: Powell's Reply to Response on General Demurrer and Motion to Dismiss Counts 32-37

10/09/2023 RESPONSE
Comment: STATE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT CHESEBRO GENERAL DEMURRER TO COUNT 1 (RICO) FOR FAILURE TO ALLEGE THE CONTINUITY REQUIREMENT

10/09/2023 OTHER
Comment: Reply on RICO

10/09/2023 RESPONSE
Comment: STATE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT CHESEBRO MOTION TO EXCLUDE LEGAL MEMORANDA AND AFFILIATED CORRESPNDENCE.FINAL

10/10/2023 PETITION
Comment: PETITION FOR CERTIFICATION OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - RONNA MCDANIEL

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE
Comment: CERTIFICATE OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - RONNA MCDANIEL

10/10/2023 PETITION
Comment: PETITION FOR CERTIFICATION OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ALEX JONES

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE
Comment: CERTIFICATE OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ALEX JONES

10/10/2023 PETITION
Comment: PETITION FOR CERTIFICATION OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ABDREW HITT

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE
Comment: CERTIFICATE OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ABDREW HITT

10/10/2023 RESPONSE
Comment: STATE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT POWELL SPECIAL DEMURRER

for Chesebro:

Events & Hearings:
10/09/2023 CERTIFICATE OF DISCOVERY
Comment: Defendant's Third Compliance with Discovery Obligations

10/09/2023 RESPONSE
Comment: STATE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT CHESEBRO GENERAL DEMURRER TO COUNT 1 (RICO) FOR FAILURE TO ALLEGE THE CONTINUITY REQUIREMENT

10/09/2023 RESPONSE
Comment: STATE RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT CHESEBRO MOTION TO EXCLUDE LEGAL MEMORANDA AND AFFILIATED CORRESPNDENCE.FINAL

10/10/2023 PETITION
Comment: PETITION FOR CERTIFICATION OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - RONNA MCDANIEL

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE
Comment: CERTIFICATE OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - RONNA MCDANIEL

10/10/2023 PETITION
Comment: PETITION FOR CERTIFICATION OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ALEX JONES

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE
Comment: CERTIFICATE OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ALEX JONES

10/10/2023 PETITION
Comment: PETITION FOR CERTIFICATION OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ABDREW HITT

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE
Comment: CERTIFICATE OF NEED FOR TESTIMONY BEFORE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION PURSUANT TO THE UNIFORM ACT TO SECURE THE ATTENDANCE - ABDREW HITT

10/10/2023 RESPONSE

link: Fulton County Magistrate, State, and Superior Court Record Search

for Powell:

Events & Hearings
10/09/2023 MOTION

10/09/2023 ORDER

10/09/2023 OTHER
Comment: Powell's Reply to Response on General Demurrer and Motion to Dismiss Counts 32-37

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/09/2023 OTHER

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 RESPONSE

for Chesebro:

Events & Hearings:

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 RESPONSE

I'm guessing both of these defendants are unhappy about being linked together in the speedy trial. Powell wouldn't want to be linked to Chesebro The Mastermind, and nobody wants to be linked to the Kraken Lady. But maybe each will look good in comparison to the other?

jmo

for Powell:

Events & Hearings
10/09/2023 MOTION

10/09/2023 ORDER

10/09/2023 OTHER

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/09/2023 OTHER

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 RESPONSE

for Chesebro:

Events & Hearings:

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/09/2023 RESPONSE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 PETITION

10/10/2023 CERTIFICATE

10/10/2023 RESPONSE

Typo, "Abdrew" (Hitt) should be Andrew.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis penned another fiery letter to House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), again rebuffing his request for information about her prosecution of former President Trump and others involved in trying to block President Biden’s electoral victory in Georgia.

“A charitable explanation of your correspondence is that you are ignorant of the United States and Georgia Constitutions and codes,” she wrote in response to a late September letter from Jordan asserting she must answer questions about the investigation.

“A more troubling explanation is that you are abusing your authority as Chairman of the Committee on the Judiciary to attempt to obstruct and interfere with a Georgia criminal prosecution.”

Jordan initially wrote to Willis in August just hours before Trump appeared in a county jail, essentially asking her to turn over all documents and communications related to the case.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis penned another fiery letter to House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), again rebuffing his request for information about her prosecution of former President Trump and others involved in trying to block President Biden’s electoral victory in Georgia.

“A charitable explanation of your correspondence is that you are ignorant of the United States and Georgia Constitutions and codes,” she wrote in response to a late September letter from Jordan asserting she must answer questions about the investigation.

“A more troubling explanation is that you are abusing your authority as Chairman of the Committee on the Judiciary to attempt to obstruct and interfere with a Georgia criminal prosecution.”

Jordan initially wrote to Willis in August just hours before Trump appeared in a county jail, essentially asking her to turn over all documents and communications related to the case.
She just keeps swatting at him like the mosquito he is. IMO

Another one with lots of notes - I will shorten this up a bit...

Thursday, October 12th:
*Garcia (Motions) Hearing (for DeOliveira & Nauta) (@ 1pm & 3pm ET) - FL – *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) indicted (6/8/23), charged & arraigned (6/13/23) with 31 counts of willful retention of classified documents, 1 count of conspiracy to obstruct justice, 1 count of withholding a document or record, 1 count of corruptly concealing a document or record, 1 count of concealing a document in a federal investigation, 1 count of scheme to conceal & 2 counts of making false statements & representations. Plead not guilty.
Additional indicted & charged (7/27/23) with 1 count of willful retention of defense information & 2 counts of obstruction. Plead not guilty in filing of waiver of non appearance & released on own recognizance with no monetary bond (Personal Surety Bond) & no travel restrictions (8/4/23). .
Count 1-31: Willful retention of National Defense info, Count 32: Conspiracy to obstruct justice, Count 33: Withholding a document or record, Count 34: Corruptly concealing a document or record, Count 35: Concealing a document in a Federal investigation, Count 36: Scheme to conceal & Count 37: False statements & representations.
Co-Conspirator *Waltine Nauta () indicted (6/8/23) & charged (6/13/23) on 6 charges stemming from special counsel Jack Smith’s classified documents probe, including conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheming to conceal & making false statements to federal agents. Plead not guilty.
Additional indicted & charged (7/27/23) with 2 counts of obstruction of justice. No plea entered & released on his own recognizance with no monetary bond (Person Surety Bond).
Count 32: Conspiracy to obstruct justice, Count 33: Withholding a document or record, Count 34: Corruptly concealing a document or record, Count 35: Concealing a document in a Federal investigation, Count 36: Scheme to conceal & Count 38: False statements & representations.
Co-Conspirator *Carlos de Oliveira (56) has also been indicted & charged (7/27/23) with 1 count each of obstruction of justice, concealing records & documents & 1 count of making false statements to FBI. He is alleged to have asked what could be done to delete the footage. Plead not guilty (8/15/23). $100K Surety bond-out on bond. Judge ruled that, in the meantime, De Oliveira must hand in his expired U.S. passport within 48 hours.
Mr. Nauta & Mr. de Oliveira conspired to delete footage from security cameras after the Dept. of Justice issued a subpoena asking for surveillance footage of the basement where it said confidential documents were held. In the court documents, Mr. de Oliveira is claimed to have texted another employee who was the director of information technology that "the boss" wanted the server deleted. The documents allege that Mr. de Oliveira later met with the employee in a small IT room, told him their conversation should remain private, then pressured the man into obliging his request after the employee told Mr. de Oliveira that he did not have the authority.
Indictment: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653/gov.uscourts.flsd.648653.3.0.pdf
U.S. District Judge Aileen Mercedes Cannon. In addition to Cannon, Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart's name also appeared on the summons sent to Trump on Thursday, 6/8/23.
Waltine Nauta will be represented by Stanley Woodward. De Oliveira will be represented by Jack Irving. Trump’s lawyers are Todd Blanche & the former Florida solicitor general Chris Kise & maybe Lindsey Halligan.
Trial set to begin on 5/20/24 with Jury Selection. (trial expected to take 2 weeks).

Case & court info from 4/2/23 thru 9/5/23 reference post #144 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tice-june-2023-trial-may-2024-2.686530/page-8

9/12/23 Update: Speedy trial report; 4th speedy trial report by US as to Trump Nauta & DeOliveira. Speedy trial report by DeOliveira. Status hearing on 9/14/23.
9/12/23 Update: Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Aileen M. Cannon: Sealed Hearing held on September 12, 2023. The Court heard argument from the parties on the Special Counsel's Motions for Protective Order Pursuant to Section 3 of the Classified Information Procedures Act 84 127. Orders to follow. Attorney appearances: Jay I. Bratt, David Harbach, John M. Pellettieri, Christopher Michael Kise, Todd Blanche, Sasha Dadan, Stanley E. Woodward, Larry Donald Murrell, Jr., John S. Irving. Other Appearances: Waltine Nauta.
9/13/23 Update: Protective Order Pertaining to Classified Information Disclosed to Trump & Defense Counsel, to Nauta & defense counsel & for DeOliviera. Signed by Judge Aileen M. Cannon. Order following CIPA Section 3 hearing. The Court is in receipt of the Speedy Trial Reports filed by the Special Counsel, as agreed to by Trump & Nauta and the competing Speedy Trial Reports filed by De Oliveira.
9/14/23: Joint Discovery report by prosecutor Jack Smith filed. Prosecutors say they’ve turned over 1.28 million pages & more than 1,700 hours of CCTV footage to Trump & co-defendants.
9/14/23 Update: Status hearing. Notice of attorney appearance. David Raskin appearing for USA & attorney Raskin added to party USA. Brett Reynolds appearing for USA & attorney Reynolds added to party USA. Notice of filing CIPA Section 10 to Trump, Nauta & DeOliveira. Status report. Joint Discovery Report by USA to Trump, Nauta & DeOliveira. Upcoming hearings: hearing on Section 4 if necessary on 10/17/23, status hearing on 11/28/23, pretrial motions hearing on 12/11/23, CPIA Sec. 4 hearing on 1/16/24, pretrial motions hearing on 2/26/24, Motions in Limine hearing on 4/17/24, hearing on remaining CIPA issues on 5/14/24 & trial set to begin with jury selection on 5/20/23.
9/14/23: (158) Status report. Joint discovery report by USA to all defendants. 9/18/23: Notice (#159) of filing by USA as to all defendants. 2 exhibit attachments.

9/22/23 Update: Special counsel Jack Smith has added a veteran war crimes prosecutor Alex Whiting — who served as Smith’s deputy during his stint at the Hague — to his team as it prepares to put Trump on trial in Washington & Florida.
9/22/23 Update: (#160) Trump's Motion for a revised schedule for motions to compel & CIPA 4 litigation. Proposed modified schedule:
Date Event
Oct. 6, 2023 Completion of classified discovery described at status conferences and the September 13, 2023 production letter by the Special Counsel’s Office
Oct. 20, 2023 Defense discovery requests submitted to Special Counsel’s Office
Nov. 3, 2023 Special Counsel’s responses to defense discovery requests
Nov. 17, 2023 Defense motions to compel discovery
Dec. 1, 2023 Special Counsel’s responses to discovery motions
Dec. 8, 2023 Defense replies in support of discovery motions
Jan. 5, 2024 Deadline for Special Counsel’s CIPA § 4 motion (following time for the Court’s consideration of discovery motions and any necessary supplemental productions)
Jan. 12, 2024 Defense responses to CIPA § 4 motion (including any objections to ex parte proceedings and submissions relating to defense theories)
Jan. 19, 2024 Special Counsel’s reply in support of CIPA § 4 motion
Filed by Todd Blanche & Christopher M. Kise.

9/25/23 Update: (161) Judge Aileen Cannon sets hearing date on potential attorney conflicts in the Mar-a-Lago classified documents case Two separate hearings will be held on 10/12/23. Hearing will commence at 3pm. Defendants De Oliveira (@ 1pm) & Nauta (@ 3pm), associated defense counsel & attorneys for the Office of Special Counsel must be present. The potential witnesses identified in the Special Counsel's 97 123 Motions need not appear. The Office of Special Counsel shall be prepared to articulate the nature & scope of the potential conflicts, along with any evidence in support. Defendants shall be prepared to respond. At its discretion, the Court may elect to hold a portion of each hearing sealed & ex parte to protect privileged communications. References during the hearing to the identified potential witnesses are to be made in accordance with witnesses designations as stated in Motions 97 123. The remainder of the Special Counsel's motions are denied without prejudice. The DOJ had previously called on Judge Cannon to hold a Garcia hearing because attorney John Irving, who represents De Oliveira, and Stanley Woodward, who is representing Nauta, are also the lawyers for people who could be called as witnesses in the federal case.
9/25/23: Memorandum (162) in support by USA as to Nauta, De Oliveira re 127 Supplemental Motion for Protective Order pursuant to Section 3 of the Classified Information Procedures Act. Response (163) in opposition by Nauta re 84 renewed Motion for Protective Order. 9/26/23: Notice (164) of intent to adopt co-defendant Nauta's Supplemental briefing re: CIPA by De Oliveira. 9/27/23: Response (165) in opposition by USA as to Trump, Nauta, De Oliveira re 160 Motion for a revised schedule for motions to compel & CIPA § 4 Litigation replies due by 10/4/23.
10/3/23: (166) Speedy trail report. Fifth Speedy Trial Report by USA as to Trump, Nauta & De Oliveira. 10/4/23: Reply (167) to response to Motion by Trump re 160 motion for a revised schedule for motions to compel & CIPA § 4 Litigation.
10/6/23 Update: Paperless Order [168] temporarily staying CIPA 4 deadlines [83] pending consideration & resolution of defendants motion for a revised schedule for motions to Compel & CIPA 4 Litigation [160] & the Supplemental briefs on CIPA 3 & 4 [162, 163, 164] signed by Judge Aileen M. Cannon.
10/9/23 Update: Government's Response in Opposition to Defendant's Motion for Adjournment or Trial Date filed by Jack Smith. Snipped: The defendants provide no credible justification to postpone a trial that is still seven months away. They are fully informed about the charges & the theory of the Government’s case from a highly detailed superseding indictment & comprehensive, organized unclassified & classified discovery. Their unfounded claims of Government noncompliance with discovery obligations do not support their request. Their claims about their inability to review classified information are distorted & exaggerated, and, in any event, the Government expects that the CISO will resolve any remaining issues this week. There is no reason to adjourn the trial date. The defendants’ motion should be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member