GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Docket update:

for Trump:

Events & Hearings:
10/24/2023 MOTION
Comment: Amended Motion to Adopt Co-Defendant Ray Smith's Demurrer to the Indictment (Previously Filed as Motion to Adopt Co-Defendant Smith's Motion to Quash Indictment (General and Special Demurrers - Counts 1, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19))

for Floyd:

Events & Hearings:
10/23/2023 ORDER
Comment: 2023.10.23 Floyd Notice of Motions Hearing [re Motion to Quash (#75) re Clerk of Superior Court of Fulton County & Motion to Quash (#76) re Fulton County Board of Registration & Elections & Motion to Quash (#77) re Security of State of Georgia. These matters are scheduled for argument on 11/3/23 @ 10:30am so Ordered by Judge Scott McAfee.

link: Fulton County Magistrate, State, and Superior Court Record Search

Georgia plea deal in fake electors case could give Arizona AG's investigation more leverage, attorneys say

Chesebro's future disclosures could undercut defense by slate of 11 phony Trump electors
I've been wondering about the other states with fake electors. I mean, come on, get moving!

jmo

Wow. She is not only stating she was extorted to plea (huh?), but she's actively promoting the idea and continues saying election was stolen.

This can't be legal as this goes against "Powell's claims in her Thursday plea hearing, where she agreed her plea was 'voluntary' and the charges had 'a sufficient factual basis.'" (from same link as above)

Does this nullify her plea?? Serious question!

She seems unduly influenced by movies, which is odd to me for someone so educated. Does she know how films are made? Yes, of course she knows you can distort anything to "look" real and to "look" scary when it was not - and that people fall for it. Like Ruby and Shaye sharing ginger mints was distorted into passing flash drives back and forth.

My hunch is Steve Bannon is behind this current onslaught of misinformation from Sidney. No evidence of that, just a hunch. Whatever the case, the fans will cheer and shout.

jmo

Updated: 10/24/23:

GA - Violations of Georgia election laws re 2020 Election. Now 15 defendants (4 plead guilty). Trump has been charged with 13 criminal counts of:
Violation of the Georgia RICO Act
Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer (4 counts)
• Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree
Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings (2 counts)
Conspiracy to commit filing false documents
False statements and writings (2 counts)
Filing false documents

4 defendants have plead guilty: Hall, Powell, Chesebro & Ellis.

For Floyd:
Friday, 11/3/23 @ 10:30am – Motions hearing re Motion to Quash.

All:
Friday, 12/1/23 – Other types of pretrial motions (other than Motion in Limine) are due (16 defendants).
Case Management/Pretrial Conferences – TBD
Motions hearing dates - TBD
Monday, 12/11/23 – Motions Hearing- All (maybe)
Monday - 2/20/24 – Final Pretrial Conference Hearing All
Monday, 3/4/24 – Proposed trial date (which will be changed as the DC 2020 Election case is on that date).

My guess is Ms Powell is trying to save face with her bunch of followers.
Probably. But why? Don't most people think she's a kook who tells lies? She even said her tales are so fantastical that nobody should believe them. Sounds like she thinks of herself as a writer (read the transcript of her J6 deposition - at one point during the testimony she recites the blurb of a book she wrote, touting it as a page turner) and is living a fantasy life by weaving stories around her.

I soooo wanted her to just go away. Disappointed, once again.

jmo

Legal experts: Trump's defense may be doomed as 5 more co-defendants seek Fulton plea deals​

District Attorney Fani Willis' office has a clearly defined strategy: to persuade as many co-defendants as they can to cooperate against Trump “to convict” the most serious offenders, legal experts say.

“This has been Willis’ strategy the whole time,” former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani told Salon. “She never wanted to try 19 defendants. She wanted 18 guilty pleas and one trial against Donald Trump.”

Okay - had a chance to look up the docket...

Docket updates:

for Trump:
Events & Hearings:
10/25/2023 LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Comment: leave [for Jennifer Little: 11/7-10 CLE; 12/20/23-1/3/24 Winter break; 2/15-2/1924 Person leave & 3/28-4/5/24 Spring Break]

10/26/2023 NOTICE OF HEARING
Comment: 2023.10.25 Notice of Motions Hearing
[Motions hearing on 12/1/23 @ 1:30pm for Trump, Smith Cheeley & Shafer re Demurrers to the Indictment (Smith (24); adopted by Trump); Motion to Dismiss under the Supremacy Clause (Chesebor #27; adopted by Trump); General Demurrer to Count 1 (Chesebro #30; adopted Trump); General Demurrer to Count 1-Continuity (Chesebro #63; adopted by Trump); Motions to Quash Counts 9, 13, 11, 15, 17, 19 (Chesebro #46-49; adopted by Trump); General Demurrer & Motion to Dismiss County 1 (Powell #35; adopted by Trump); Plea in Bar & Motion to Quash the Indictment (Shafer #46; adopted by Trump); Joint general & special Demurrer (Cheeley #49 & 50;adopted by Trump).

for Guiliani:
Events & Hearings:
10/25/2023 ENTRY/NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
Comment: Entry of Appearance of Counsel [L. Allyn Stockton, Jr.]

for Floyd:
Events & Hearings:
10/27/2023 MOTION
Comment: Defendant Harrison Floyd's General Demurrer to Count 1 (Issue: Lack of Agreement to Join Conspiracy)

for Shafer:
Events & Hearings:
Comment: 2023.10.25 Notice of Motions Hearing [on 12/1/23 @ 1:30pm]

for Cheeley:
Events & Haerings:

for Smith:
Events & Hearings:

link: Fulton County Magistrate, State, and Superior Court Record Search

Legal experts: Trump's defense may be doomed as 5 more co-defendants seek Fulton plea deals​

District Attorney Fani Willis' office has a clearly defined strategy: to persuade as many co-defendants as they can to cooperate against Trump “to convict” the most serious offenders, legal experts say.

“This has been Willis’ strategy the whole time,” former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani told Salon. “She never wanted to try 19 defendants. She wanted 18 guilty pleas and one trial against Donald Trump.”
Of course, that has been her strategy all along. I think it will backfire badly because it is so obvious the entire prosecution is politically motivated. She should have let Jack Smith take the lead and stayed out of it. Meanwhile, Trump will continue to dig a big hole with his flapping mouth.

JMO

Of course, that has been her strategy all along. I think it will backfire badly because it is so obvious the entire prosecution is politically motivated. She should have let Jack Smith take the lead and stayed out of it. Meanwhile, Trump will continue to dig a big hole with his flapping mouth.

JMO
Curious that you still think this is just a politically motivated exercise.
These people are admitting to very serious crimes.
Do you think they should not have been charged even though they are admitting their guilt ?
Jmo

Curious that you still think this is just a politically motivated exercise.
These people are admitting to very serious crimes.
Do you think they should not have been charged even though they are admitting their guilt ?
Jmo
They are pleading guilty to misdemeanors and are doing it because <modsnip: No link to support the reason you have stated as fact>. Yes, I think the weaponization of a system of justice to advance her political career as Willis has obviously done is very, very wrong.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
They are pleading guilty to misdemeanors and are doing it because lawyers representing them are very expensive.
Yes, I think the weaponization of a system of justice to advance her political career as Willis has obviously done is very, very wrong.

JMO
Someone trying to advance their career by prosecuting false or (pardon the pun) trumped-up charges on innocent people would be wrong, IMO.

Someone advancing their career by prosecuting people who have actually (or probably) committed crimes is okay by me. It's pretty much a truism that prosecution of criminals will equate to a successful career for the prosecutor, yeah.

In fact, if a person is reasonably suspected of criminal activity, I don't think the various personal motivations of the prosecutor matter one bit -- as long as the law is followed, meaning a fair trial -- criminals should be prosecuted, period.

Any prosecutor who would NOT put full effort into prosecuting a likely criminal just because they like or hold the same political views as the criminal, is being unethical and should be fired or censured. IMO.

Someone trying to advance their career by prosecuting false or (pardon the pun) trumped-up charges on innocent people would be wrong, IMO.

Someone advancing their career by prosecuting people who have actually (or probably) committed crimes is okay by me. It's pretty much a truism that prosecution of criminals will equate to a successful career for the prosecutor, yeah.

In fact, if a person is reasonably suspected of criminal activity, I don't think the various personal motivations of the prosecutor matter one bit -- as long as the law is followed, meaning a fair trial -- criminals should be prosecuted, period.

Any prosecutor who would NOT put full effort into prosecuting a likely criminal just because they like or hold the same political views as the criminal, is being unethical and should be fired or censured. IMO.
Right. I reject the put down of a hardworking public servant. Building a career is not wrong. Willis is doing her job, and she's doing it well. The defendants in the case committed crimes, and there was a king pin responsible for it. Her strategy is to go after the king pins.

I'm sure Willis has heard cut downs and attempts to undermine her work for a long time. The put downs are unfortunate and inaccurate, imo, but predictable. And in the meantime, Willis keeps winning.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member