GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
very very very sadly, very very very likely.

Portugal, you mention? let's go!!!!

I agree. I actually predicted his nomination and election in 2016 when the MSM talking heads were scorning him. They’re taking him more seriously now, but I will still predict his nomination and election. And if by chance he doesn’t win, it will be another “stolen election” and an even bigger insurrection IMO.

We’re too old to move, but I will certainly take precautions no matter what happens. We live in a small much-hated artsy blue town in a rural gun-loving red county, so I have no delusions about safety.

JMO

It's shocking to me that so many Americans would vote for that classless conman.
I would say more, but this isn't the place.

I hope the world turns back from the vicious right-wing rhetoric. I hope we can focus back on empathy and caring for all humanity.

Docket Updates:

for ALL
Events & Hearings
01/16/2024 BRIEF
Comment: STATE REPLY TO DEFENDANTS SUPPLEMENTAL BRIEFS FOLLOWING HEARING ON DECEMBER 1 2023 [Defendants ask this Court to dismiss the indicment issued against them by the a Fulton County grand jury, claiming that all of their actions constituting the crimes charged in the indictment were merely political speech protected by the 1st Amendment. They also claim that many of the statutes charged against them are faciallly invalid restrictions on core protected political speech. The defendants are wrong... all I can read on document]

link: Fulton County Magistrate, State, and Superior Court Record Search

Next hearing I have coming up is on 2/20/24 for all. Floyd has an oral arguments hearing on 1/19/24.

Willis contends that Wade’s estranged wife “has conspired with interested parties" in the Trump case "to use the civil discovery process to annoy, embarrass and oppress" the DA.

Willis contends that Wade’s estranged wife “has conspired with interested parties" in the Trump case "to use the civil discovery process to annoy, embarrass and oppress" the DA.

I think this is a clear & accurate response from DA Willis. Imo.

I wondered if Wade’s estranged wife factored into this accusation.

considering that plaintiff NW failed to turn over all financial records--and was held in contempt by the Judge-- I will be surprised if Willis' motion is successful.

JMO

Friday, January 19th:
*Oral Arguments Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - GA – State of Georgia vs. Harrison William Prescott Floyd aka Willie Lewis Floyd III (36?) (leader of Black Voices for Trump) indicted & charged (8/14/23 wi*th 1 count violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit solicitation of false statements & writings (30) & 1 count of influencing witnesses (31). (total 3 counts). Surrendered 8/24/23 & will remain in jail without bond. Bond $100K (on 8/29/23) & modified bond (11/21/23). Plead not guilty (9/1/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Todd A. Harding, Arnold M. Ragas & John E. Morrison.
Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 1/8/24 (Roman) reference post #921 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tion-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-47

1/8/24 Update: All: State's Motion to take deposition to preserve testimony of a material witness, Susan Holmes. 1/10/24 Update: Order on State's Motion for deposition of Susan Holmes-granted.
1/8/24 Update: Trump: Motion to compel Discovery. Motion to Dismiss the indictment based o Presidential & Supremacy Clause Immunity & supporting memorandum of law. Trump's Motion to dismiss on due process grounds & memorandum in support. Plea in Bara/Motion to dismiss on Constitutional & statutory double jeopardy grounds & supporting memorandum of law. 1/9/24 Update: Motion to adopt pleadings of co-defendants (Eastman-special demurrer on Count 1 & Floyd general demurrer to Count 1. 1/10/24 Update: Supplement to motion to compel discovery with exhibit.
1/8/24 Update: Guiliani: Motion To permit & require all co defendant's who have entered a Plea in this matter to discuss the Case with Defendant Giuliani's counsel & or Investigators . 1/9/24 Update: Motion To Adopt particular pleadings Of Co-Defendants [Eastman-special demurrer on count 1 & Floyd-general demurrer to count 1].
1/8/24 Update: Eastman: Motion To Adopt Co-Defendants' Demurrers, Pleas In Bar & Motions To Quash. Eastman's Special Demurrer on Count 1 (RICO) Preliminary/Placeholder Motion To Suppress.
1/8/24 Update: Latham: Motion to Adopt D. Shafer Supplemental Brief re Plea in Bar & Motion to Quash.
1/8/24 Update: Clark: Adoption of Trump's Motion to Compel Discovery.
1/8/24 Update: Still: Motion to Sever Defendant Shawn Still. Still's Motion to Adopt. 1/11/24 Update: Amended Order: Still Amended CSSO.
1/8/24 Update: Lee: General & Special Demurrer to Indictment. Notice of Adoption [All other defendants' demurrers, pleas in bar, pleas in abatement, motions to dismiss & Motions to bar].
1/8/24 Update: Floyd: Order Denying Plea in Bar. 1/10/24 Update: Floyd Amended Notice of Hearing. 1/10/24 Update: Floyd Order Denying Pleas.
1/8/24 Update: Cheeley: Motion to sever.
1/9/24 Update: Only Trump, Guiliani, Smith, Cheeley, Shafer & Kutti: Notice of Motions hearing. [Matters previously scheduled for argument on 12/1/23 was rescheduled on 1/12/24 @ 2:30pm for all defendants].
1/10/24 Update: Smith: Motion to Withdraw as Counsel [Brue H. Morris]. Certificate of Compliance. Motion to Withdraw as Counsel with Attached Exhibit. Smith Order permitting withdrawal-granted.
1/19/24 Update: Floyd: Notice of Hearing [for the following filings: Non-Party (Clerk of Superior Court of Fulton County) Motion to Quash (75), Non-Party (Fulton County Board of Registration & Elections) Motion to Quash (#76 & Floyd's Response to Fulton County's Time Estimates to respond to Subpoena requests (#106). Oral arguments hearing on 1/19/24 @ 1:30pm.
1/12/24 Update: Guiliani: Order on motion to require communication [Order on motion to permit & require discussions with co-defendants (Ellis, Chesebro, Powell & Hall) to submit to interviews with defense counsel]. [A witness cannot be compelled to submit to an interview. The State may not deny access to a witness before trial. The witness may also set preconditions before submitting to an interview. During a hearing on 1/12/24, the State requested that they be allowed to attend & record any such interviews. But ]unless it is at the witness' request, the State does not have a right to be present. The motion is granted in part. Signed by Judge Scott McAfee].
1/12/24 Update: Clark: Motion/Demand for Discovery.
1/12/24 Update: Floyd: Motion for Cert. of Review 1902 [Motion for certificate of immediate review or in the alternative, motion for reconsideration re denying the plea in bar].
1/12/24 Update: Trump, Guiliani, Smith, Cheeley, Shafer & Kutti hearing. No info on the pending motions. Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said Friday he will wait until Willis, the Fulton County district attorney, responds to a motion this week by a Trump co-defendant [Roman] seeking to disqualify Willis & Nathan Wade, the special prosecutor. He said he will hold a hearing in February on explosive claims that prosecutor Fani Willis improperly appointed a romantic partner to lead the investigation, overpaid him & took vacations with him. McAfee replied at a hearing to a comment by Trump lawyer Steven Sadow that he’s weighing whether to join the Jan. 8 motion by co-defendant Michael Roman, which he called “salacious & scandalous in nature.” Craig Gillen, a lawyer for co-defendant David Shafer, said he’s also doing his own investigation & may join Roman’s motion. The filing suggested that Willis’s alleged conduct could amount to honest services fraud by a public official.
1/12/24 Update: Kutti: Order Granting on Motion to Withdraw [Darryl B. Cohen, Steven A. Greenberg & Joshua G. Herman] No attorney listed on court site yet.
1/12/24 Update: Next for ALL pretrial hearing on 2/20/24. 1/16/24 All: Brief. State's reply to defendants' Supplemental Briefs following hearing on 12/1/23. Defendants ask this Court to dismiss the indictment issued against them by the Fulton County grand jury, claiming that all of their actions constituting the crimes charged in the indictment were merely political speech protected by the 1st Amendment. They also claim that many of the statutes charged against them are facially invalid restrictions on core protected political speech. The defendants are wrong... that is all I can read on document.

Update as of 1/19/24!

GA - Violations of Georgia election laws re 2020 Election. Now 15 defendants (4 plead guilty). Trump has been charged with 13 criminal counts of:
Violation of the Georgia RICO Act
Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer (4 counts)
• Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree
Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings (2 counts)
Conspiracy to commit filing false documents
False statements and writings (2 counts)
Filing false documents

4 defendants have plead guilty: Hall, Powell, Chesebro & Ellis.

Friday, 1/19/24 @ 1:30pm ET – Floyd Only – Oral arguments hearing.
Thursday, 1/25/24 @ 2pm ET - Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee is scheduled to convene a 2pm hearing on Trump co-defendant Jeffrey Clark's request for access via discovery to any records showing Fulton County prosecutors coordinating with President Joe Biden's White House.
Friday, 2/2/24: Fulton County DA Fani Willis' deadline to respond in writing to a motion to dismiss from Trump co-defendant Michael Roman alleging she & prosecutor Nathan Wade were engaged in an "improper, clandestine personal relationship" & that the pair abused their relationship to financially benefit from the prosecutorial appointment. The matter will also be subject to a Feb. 15 hearing.
Monday, 2/5/24 - Meadows, Clark, Shafer: Motions (other than motions in limine) due.
Thursday, 2/15/24 @ 9:30am: Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee is scheduled to hold a 9:30am hearing to consider Trump co-defendant Michael Roman's motion to dismiss the case after he alleged DA Fani Willis & prosecutor Nathan Wade were engaged in an "improper, clandestine personal relationship" & that the pair abused their relationship to financially benefit from the prosecutorial appointment.
Monday - 2/20/24 – For All - Pretrial Conference Hearing.
Monday, 6/21/24 – Final Plea hearing.
Monday, 8/5/24 – Proposed trial date by DA 11/17/23

I'm not a very political person but, I'm sorry, this man should not be a politician. He's too corrupt.
I can absolutely see why he's leading in the polls though. Biden's presidency has been an absolute disaster. And I can't get my head around how he seems to be the only person the Democrats can put forward who has a chance to beat him in November. Have they not got someone under the age of 80 they could nominate?!

As for this trial (and all the others), in a nutshell all of this litigating seems to be less concerned about someone breaking the law, rather than trying to prevent a politician who many people don't like from running for office again.

If you're not a very political person, then one vital characteristic to know about american politics is that the judicial system is VERY political!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member