GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Niner, mark your calendar for Aug 25!

The end of August is going to be busy for former president Donald Trump’s legal team.
Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis gave him and others indicted in the Georgia case until Aug. 25 at noon to surrender.

The day before, on Aug. 24, U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon will hold a hearing in the classified documents case in Fort Pierce, Fla. Then on Aug. 28, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has scheduled a hearing in Washington in the case related to efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Thank you for the tag! BUT!! The Florida case is on August 25th according to my notes.
8/9/23 Update: For all: Motions hearing on Section 3 on 8/25/23 & status hearing on 9/14/23. Motions hearing on 4/11/24 & 4/17/23. Jury selection begin on 5/14/24 & trial set to begin on 5/20/24.

I honestly don’t care if it’s politically motivated or not. He quite clearly broke the law. Should he not be held accountable?
That's where I'm at. Couldn't care less if he were a polka dotted oompa loompa (though yeah, I don't like Trump) but I've got nearly a lifelong love of true crime, psychology and politics that goes back to a more innocent time when the DOJ was suing his dad. Trump's cases are kind of the perfect intersection of interests for me.

Also, all the talking heads who say it's such a sad time for the country. Not to be flippant, but I'm not sad, I'm angry. Absolutely freaking livid anyone could attempt to steal people's votes and even possibly get away without being charged. And thrilled and relieved the rule of law is somewhat standing. I'd prefer if he really were treated like any other criminal defendant though instead of better than. I simply want him held accountable. And had anyone else ever done so when they could have - I well and truly believe we would not be here discussing him at all.

So does he really still believe this election was rigged? There's no way he is this blatantly oblivious and obtuse.
I personally believe Trump NEEDS people to think HE absolutely, unequivocally believes he won the election despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary. He just doesn't have much of a legal defense. Thank heavens for the willful blindness test. But admitting he knew doesn't help him financially, legally or rhetorically. Malignant narcissists also have to be a perpetual victim.

As circumstances become dire, the narcissist will not take any responsibility—ever. Anything that has gone wrong is the responsibility of others. They will blame spouses as undeserving of their greatness, ignorant colleagues who just don’t measure up, the disloyal (Oh, they love to blame the disloyal), those who abide by rules and laws because ironically, they abide by rules and laws, or those that just clearly did not understand the very specialness of the narcissist. Everyone, and I mean everyone from people long gone, to the peripherally connected, to the earthly departed will be blamed for the failure or downfall of the narcissist. Once more it is never their fault.

Also relevant while we're discussing whether he'd throw all the co-conspirators under the bus (spoiler: He would. Twice. And he'd be driving it):
In the process of casting blame, even the most loyal and stalwart will be discarded and denigrated if needed with reptilian indifference. For the malignant narcissist, there is only the “good” — those that provide blind, unwavering loyalty and who are useful, and everyone else who is an enemy, useless, and thus “bad.” Whether you are in or out, good or bad, is not determined by history, by friendship, sacrifices, or how well you have performed in the past—it is determined by the capricious and selfish needs of the narcissist, and that can change in a moment.

As ever, JMO

Just you wait until Monday when he breaks out his UNDENIABLE PROOF>

ETA: Sorry, but if I had RICO charges hanging over my head and I had proof I don't think I'd wait a week to unveil it at my golf course. JMO

I'm ready to watch whatever it is on Monday and I'm ready for it to be canceled before then. We'll see if it's bluster or not.

jmo

So does he really still believe this election was rigged? There's no way he is this blatantly oblivious and obtuse.
I don't think he "believes" that he actually lost. It's an ego thing with him. It's a denial thing. It's also, "I always get my way" attitude.
All the activity, criminal and otherwise are about his lack of acceptance of the loss or about, "I'm gonna get my way".

Okay - you all ready for this? I will definitely shorten this up - have lots of notes for this case.

Monday, August 14th:
*Return on Indictment (@ 9pm ET) – State of Georgia vs. Donald J. Trump- SEE BELOW! - investigation (2/10/21) into attempted election interference on Jan. 2, 2021. Potential violations of Georgia election laws, including the “solicitation of election fraud, the making of false statements to state and local governmental bodies, conspiracy, racketeering, violation of oath of office and any involvement in violence or threats related to the election’s administration”. Fulton County, Georgia Criminal Election Influence Investigation. Prosecuting Office: Fulton County, GA District Attorney’ Fani Willis’ Office.
Case Summary: On Feb. 10, 2021, the Fulton County DA’s Office opened an investigation into attempted election interference by former President Trump. The investigation is looking into potential violations of Georgia election laws, including the “solicitation of election fraud, the making of false statements to state and local governmental bodies, conspiracy, racketeering, violation of oath of office and any involvement in violence or threats related to the election’s administration.”
Case Status: On Feb. 10, 2021, the Fulton County DA’s Office sent letters to Governor Brian Kemp, Lieutenant Governor Duncan, Secretary of State Raffensperger, and Attorney General Carr informing them of the new investigation & requesting that all records relating to the election, including emails sent by employees from non-government accounts, be preserved.
Fulton County DA Fani Willis also reportedly plans to investigate a phone call between Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) & Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger where Raffensperger claims Graham asked the Secretary of State if he could throw out legally cast ballots. Graham’s spokesperson claims that this is not true & Graham was instead asking about the signature verification process. The DA’s office is also reportedly looking into whether Rudy Giuliani violated election laws in making false statements to Georgia officials. The week of March 1 2021, prosecutors are expected to seek grand jury subpoenas for documents & witnesses connected to the investigation.

On Mar. 6, Willis brought on John Floyd, a national expert on State racketeering prosecution, to assist in racketeering investigations. He has not been brought on specifically for the Trump investigation, but as Willis is investigating racketeering in the Trump case, this development suggests that racketeering charges could play a larger role.
On Mar. 11, a recording of a call between then-President Trump & the chief investigator of the Georgia Secretary of State’s office, Frances Watson, was released by the Wall Street Journal. On the call, Trump urged Watson to look for fraud in mail-in ballots. The Fulton County DA’s Office has said that they will request a copy of the phone call.
Update-1: As of Mar. 28, there are reportedly two grand juries considering subpoenas for documents relevant to the investigation.
Update-2: Reporting (on Nov. 6 & Nov. 12) suggests that Willis is considering convening a special grand jury dedicated solely to allegations of election tampering in addition to the two grand juries that have already been convened.
Update-3: On Jan. 20, 2022, Willis submitted a letter to the chief judge of Fulton County’s Superior Court requesting a special grand jury for her investigation of Trump. The letter states that a special grand jury will assist because a “significant number of witnesses & prospective witnesses have refused to cooperate with the investigation absent a subpoena requiring their testimony.”
Update-4: On Jan. 30, 2022, Willis requested the FBI to conduct a security safety assessment & provide other protective services following Trump’s alarming & charged rhetoric at a recent Texas rally. He called for massive protests against the “racist” & “vicious” prosecutors if they “do anything wrong.”
Update-5: On May 2, 2022, prosecutors convened a special grand jury to investigate “whether there were unlawful attempts to disrupt the administration of the 2020 elections here in Georgia.” The grand jury currently has up to one year to issue a report advising the local DA whether to pursue criminal charges against Trump.
Update-6: Grand jury proceedings began on May 27, 2022. The grand jury expects to hear testimony from “as many as 50 witnesses” and the process “is likely to last weeks.”
Update-7: On July 5, 2022, the grand jury issued subpoenas to several of Trump’s key associates who were allegedly involved in the election interference scheme. The targets include Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani; campaign lawyers John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Cheseboro, & Jenna Ellis; Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); and attorney Jacki Pick Deason. Under the subpoenas, these witnesses now must testify under oath before the grand jury.
Update-8: On July 13, 2022, Senator Graham moved to quash the grand jury subpoena by filing a motion in South Carolina federal court. Graham argued that he had legislative immunity–afforded by the Constitution’s Speech & Debate clause–because his calls to Georgia officials about the 2020 election qualified as legislative activity.
Update-9: On Aug. 2, 2022, Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer asked Willis’ office to delay his testimony because he was still recovering from a recent medical procedure. The Fulton County judge ultimately rejected that request & ordered Giuliani to appear before the grand jury on Aug. 17.
Update-10: On Aug. 11, 2022, Trump hired a high-profile Atlanta-based criminal defense attorney, Drew Findling, to represent him during the criminal proceedings.
Update-11: On Aug. 15, 2022, local prosecutors informed Giuliani that he was formally a “target” of their criminal investigation into election interference in Georgia, which generally means that an indictment is possible but not guaranteed. That same day, a federal judge rejected Senator Graham’s bid to avoid testifying & ordered Graham to appear before the grand jury on Aug. 23, 2022.
Update-12: Senator Graham appealed the order requiring him to testify to the Eleventh Circuit, which then directed the district court to consider whether Graham’s testimony should be limited based on his legislative immunity claim. On Sept. 9, the district court ultimately ordered Graham to testify but also held that Graham could refuse to answer questions about his “investigatory fact-finding … related to his decision to certify … the 2020 presidential election” because those inquiries would fall under his immunized legislative duties. The court held, in line with its prior decisions & that of the court of appeals, that Graham could be questioned about three areas that fell outside of his legislative activities: (1) “any alleged efforts to ‘cajole’ or encourage Secretary Raffensperger or other Georgia election officials to throw out ballots or otherwise alter Georgia’s election practices & procedures;” (2) “Senator Graham’s alleged communications & coordination with the Trump Campaign & its post-election efforts in Georgia;” and (3) “Senator Graham’s public statements related to Georgia’s 2020 elections.”
Update-13: Graham appealed the district court’s order to the Eleventh Circuit, but the appeals court upheld the district court’s ruling. The panel held that Graham could be forced to testify in the probe because his legislative status did confer blanket immunity from questioning. Graham asked the Supreme Court to revisit that ruling, but the Court denied Graham’s request on Nov. 1, 2022.
Update-14: On Nov. 22, Graham testified before the grand jury. His office released a statement saying, “Today, Senator Graham appeared before the Fulton County Special Grand Jury for just over two hours & answered all questions.”
Update-15: The Fulton County grand jury completed its investigation into election interference on Jan. 9, 2023. The judge scheduled a hearing for Jan. 24 to determine whether to release the grand jury’s report, including any recommendation on whether charges should be filed.
The criminal investigation was opened after the disclosure of an hour-long phone call between the former president & the state's top election official on 2 January 2021."I just want to find 11,780 votes," Trump said during the call to Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger - a reference to the number of ballots needed to give him victory in the swing state. A grand jury investigating the case was dissolved earlier this year after filing a final report, which remains sealed. Trump has also attacked the legal official leading the inquiry - the chief prosecutor of Fulton County, Fani Willis - as a "young, ambitious, Radical Left Democrat... who is presiding over one of the most Crime Ridden & Corrupt places". The 26-member grand jury did not have indictment powers but may have recommended charges. Among the potential crimes it looked into were the solicitation of election fraud, making false statements to government officials & racketeering. It is not known whether Trump is being directly investigated, but some of his allies are known to be part of the inquiry. For a criminal conviction, however, prosecutors would ultimately need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that those involved knew their actions were fraudulent. In January, 2023 a prosecutor working on behalf of Fulton County said the district attorney's office believes the report should only be released after prosecutors determine whether or not to bring charges.
Update-16: 5/10/23: Trump's team has asked a judge to shut down Willis' investigation. She has been ordered to respond to Trump's motion by 5/15/23.
3/20/23 Update: Trump in a new court filing Monday, 3/20/23 sought to block potential prosecution of him & various allies for crimes related to his efforts to reverse his loss to President Joe Biden in Georgia’s 2020 election. Trump asked a judge to quash the report of a special grand jury in Atlanta & to bar any evidence from that panel from being used to prosecute individuals. His court filing also sought to disqualify the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, which has been conducting the criminal probe, from being involved in the case. The Atlanta grand jury earlier this year finished hearing testimony & reviewing evidence submitted by prosecutors. The panel then recommended the filing of criminal charges against a number of people, who have not been publicly identified. The grand jury focused particularly on a Jan. 2, 2021, phone call, during which Trump asked Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to “find 11,780 votes” for Trump. Trump’s 483-page court filing argues that the grand jury “was conducted under an unconstitutional statute, through an illegal & unconstitutional process.” Trump’s filing asks that the motion be ruled on by Chief Judge Ural Glanville of Fulton County Superior Court & not Judge Robert McBurney, who has been supervising the grand jury.
4/24/23 Update: Fulton County DA Fani Willis says she'll be announcing whether Trump & his allies would be charged with crimes related to alleged interference to Georgia's 2020 elections between July 11 & September 1, 2023.
5/5/23 Update: At least eight of the 16 Georgia Republicans who convened in December, 2020 to declare Trump the winner of the presidential contest despite his loss in the State have accepted immunity deals from Atlanta-area prosecutors investigating alleged election interference, according to a lawyer for the electors. Prosecutors with the office of Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis told the eight that they will not be charged with crimes if they testify truthfully in her sprawling investigation into efforts by Trump, his campaign & his allies to overturn Biden’s victory in Georgia, according to a brief filed Friday in Fulton County Superior Court by defense attorney Kimberly Bourroughs Debrow.
5/15/23: Trump’s Georgia legal team in March asked the court to toss out the report of a special grand jury that had been seated in the case & to prevent prosecutors from using any evidence or testimony stemming from the panel’s investigation. They also asked that Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis & her office be barred from continuing to investigate or prosecute the case. In her motion Monday, Willis asked that McBurney retain supervision of the matter & urged that Trump & Latham’s motions be dismissed or denied without holding a hearing.
5/18/23 Update: The Georgia prosecutor leading an investigation into Trump & his allies has taken the unusual step of announcing remote work days for most of her staff during July 31st thru August 18, asking judges in a downtown Atlanta courthouse not to schedule trials for part of that time as she prepares to bring charges in the inquiry. The moves suggest that Fani T. Willis, the Fulton County district attorney, is expecting a grand jury to unseal indictments during that time period. Ms. Willis outlined the remote work plan & made the request to judges in a letter sent on Thursday to 21 Fulton County officials, including the Chief County Judge Ural Glanville & the sheriff, Pat Labat. "I respectfully request that judges not schedule trials & in person hearings during the weeks beginning Monday, August 7 & Monday, August 14," it said.
5/25/23 Update: Lawyers for Trump on Wednesday asked a Fulton County judge to reconsider his decision to deny their request to respond to a DA’s Office filing in the ongoing investigation into possible criminal meddling with the 2020 election. In March, 2023 Trump’s legal team filed a motion to disqualify the DA’s office from the case & to quash the final report of & evidence obtained by a special purpose grand jury that investigated the issue. A lawyer for alternate GOP elector Cathy Latham, who is a target of the probe, later filed a motion to join Trump’s motion. Because of Latham’s filing, Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney gave the DA’s office an additional two weeks to respond. After the DA’s May 1, 2023 response, which said Trump’s motion should be denied, Trump’s lawyers asked McBurney to give them a chance to respond. But McBurney said that was unnecessary. “To date, the Court has received well over 500 pages of briefing, argument & exhibits on the issues raised by Trump & Ms. Latham,” McBurney wrote. “That is plenty.”
6/2/23 Update: Earlier this year, Willis’ office hinted that they were considering invoking Georgia’s Racketeer Influenced & Corrupt Organization (RICO) statute in the case against Trump. The expansion of the Georgia DA’s probe into Trump’s activities outside of the state boosts theories that Willis will likely include racketeering charges in an indictment, which is expected in August. The investigation into Trump’s efforts to undermine Georgia’s 2020 election results is expanding to include Washington, D.C. & various other States. Fulton County DA Willis is seeking information regarding two firms the Trump campaign contracted to dig up evidence supporting Trump’s false claims of voter fraud throughout the country. Simpatico Software Systems & Berkeley Research Group, at least one of which Willis’ office has subpoenaed, were unable to find any instance of voting irregularities that would have changed the outcome of the election. The Trump campaign ultimately hid the firms’ findings from the public. In Washington, D.C., Special Counsel Jack Smith is conducting dual investigations into Trump’s schemes to overturn his election loss & his hoarding of classified documents following his departure from office.
7/11/23 Update: On Tuesday, a new grand jury term begins in Fulton County, which includes most of Atlanta and surrounding suburbs. Two 26-member panels were selected, one of which is expected to handle the case against Mr Trump & his allies. To bring criminal charges against the former president, the district attorney, Ms Willis & her team must present her case to one of the grand juries assembled on Tuesday. Ms Willis wrote in a letter to local officials that potential indictments in the case could come between 11 July & 1 September, which coincides with Fulton County's latest two-month term for its grand juries.
7/21/23 Update: The Fulton county DA investigating Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the State of Georgia has developed evidence to charge a sprawling racketeering indictment next month, according to two people briefed on the matter. Georgia grand jury selected in Trump case over attempt to overturn 2020 defeat. The racketeering statute in Georgia requires prosecutors to show the existence of an “enterprise” – and a pattern of racketeering activity that is predicated on at least two “qualifying” crimes. In the Trump investigation, the Fulton county district attorney, Fani Willis, has evidence to pursue a racketeering indictment predicated on statutes related to influencing witnesses & computer trespass. Willis had previously said she was weighing racketeering charges in her criminal investigation, but the new details about the direction & scope of the case come as prosecutors are expected to seek indictments starting in the first two weeks of August.
7/25/23 Update: Fani Willis has named some charges she is looking at, which leads others to think that she may be ready to ask the grand jury for indictments. Criminal solicitation to commit election fraud, conspiracy to commit election fraud, solicitation of a public or political officer to fail to perform their duties & solicitation to destroy, deface or remove ballots. The DA is also seeking to charge at least some of the Trump operatives who were involved in accessing voting machines copying sensitive election data in Coffee county, Georgia, in January 2021 with computer trespass crimes.
7/31/23: Order on Motion to Quash, Preclude & Recuse filed by Trump. Superior Court Judge Robert C.I. McBurney overseeing the Fulton County special grand jury has *denied* Trump's bid to quash the special grand jury's report, to disqualify DA Fani Willis & prevent further prosecution.
8/7/23 Update: A judge in Cobb County, Ga. will consider a petition from Trump’s lawyers after they filed a motion to remove Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from her probe into Trump's alleged efforts to overturn Georgia's presidential election results. Hearing on 8/10/23.
8/9/23 Update: The Fulton county district attorney investigating Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state of Georgia is expected to present evidence to a grand jury & ask it to return indictments as early as next Tuesday, 8/15/23. The prosecutors in the office of district attorney Fani Willis completed its internal reviews for criminal charges in the Trump case weeks ago. The review process, to identify any weakness with the case, is typically seen as the final step before charges are filed. Willis has also privately indicated to her senior staff that the prosecutors on the Trump case were sufficiently prepared that they could go to trial tomorrow, the people said. The district attorney’s office has been issuing summons to witnesses to testify before the grand jury, as part of the final presentation by prosecutors that is expected to take just a couple of days before they ask the grand jury to return an indictment. Charges stemming from the Trump investigation could come as early as next Tuesday, 8/15/23 if the presentment starts on Monday, 8/14/23. That dovetails with a timeline inferred from Willis instructing her staff to move to remote work during that period because of security concerns. Trump’s legal team sought last month to invalidate the work of the special grand jury & have Willis disqualified from proceedings, but the Georgia supreme court rejected the motion, ruling that Trump lacked “either the facts or the law necessary to mandate Ms. Willis’s disqualification”.
8/13/23: Among the state election law charges that prosecutors were examining: criminal solicitation to commit election fraud & conspiracy to commit election fraud, as well as solicitation of a public or political officer to fail to perform their duties & solicitation to destroy, deface or remove ballots. The DA is also seeking to charge at least some of the Trump operatives who were involved in accessing voting machines & copying sensitive election data in Coffee county, Georgia, in January 2021 with computer trespass crimes. 8/13/23 Update: Fulton County prosecutors are in possession of text messages & emails directly connecting members of Trump's legal team to the early January 2021 voting system breach in Coffee County, Georgia. They have also examined the involvement of Trump’s then attorney Rudy Giuliani – who was informed last year he was a target in the Fulton County investigation – and fellow Trump lawyer Sidney Powell as part of their probe, according to people familiar with the matter.
8/15/23 Update: Those indicted in Georgia: Donald John Trump, Rudolph William Louis Giuliani, Trump lawyer Mark Randall Meadows, White House chief of staff John Charles Eastman, Trump lawyer Kenneth Chesebro, pro-Trump lawyer Jeffrey Clark, top Justice Dept. official Jenna Ellis, Trump campaign lawyer Robert Cheeley, lawyer who promoted fraud claims Mike Roman, Trump campaign official David Shafer, Georgia GOP chair & fake elector Shawn Still, fake GOP elector Stephen Lee, pastor tied to intimidation of election workers Harrison Floyd, leader of Black Voices for Trump Trevian Kutti, publicist tied to intimidation of election workers Sidney Powell, Trump campaign lawyer Cathy Latham, fake GOP elector tied to Coffee County breach Scott Hall, tied to Coffee County election system breach Misty Hampton, Coffee County elections supervisor Ray Smith.
Indicted:
DONALD JOHN TRUMP -Counts 1, 5, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 27-29, 38-39
RUDOLPH WILLIAM LOUIS GIULIANI -Counts 1-3, 6-7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 23-24
JOHN CHARLES EASTMAN -Counts 1-2, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 27
MARK RANDALL MEADOWS -Counts 1, 28
KENNETH JOHN CHESEBRO -Counts 1, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19
JEFFREY BOSSERT CLARK -Counts 1, 22
JENNA LYNN ELLIS -Counts 1, 2
RAY STALLINGS SNIITH III -Counts 1-2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 23, 25
ROBERT DAVID CHEELEY -Counts 1, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 23, 26, 41
MICHAEL A. ROMAN -Counts 1, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19
DAVID JAMES SHAFER -Counts 1, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 40
SHAWN MCAH TRESHER STILL Counts 1, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
STEPHEN CLIFFGARD LEE Counts 1, 20-32, 30-31
HARRISON WILLIAM PRESCOTT FLOYD counts 1, 30-31
TREVIAN C. KUTTI Counts 1, 30-31
SIDNEY KATHERINE POWELL Counts 1, 32-37
CATHLEEN ALSTON LATHAM Counts 1, 8, 10, 12, 14, 32-37
SCOTT GRAHAM HALL Counts 1, 32-37
MISTY HAMPTON AKA EMILY MISTY HAYES Counts 1, 32-37

Counts:

1 VIOLATION OF THE GEORGIA RICO (RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS) ACT
O.C.G.A. § 16144(c)

2 SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 164-7 & 1640-1

3 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20

4 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 1610-20

5 SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-47 & 16101

6 SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 164-7 & 1610-1

7 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16102'0

8 IMPERSONATING A PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. § 16-1023

9 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT IMPERSONATING A PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 164-8 & 16-10-23

10 FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE
O.C.G.A. § 169-1(b)

11 CONSPIRACY To COMMIT FORGERY 1N THE FIRST DEGREE
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-48 & 16-9-1(b)

12 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16-1020

13 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. §§ 1648 & 161020

14 CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT FALSE DOCUMENTS
O.C.G.A. §§ 1641 & 16102o.1(b)(1)

15 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FILING FALSE DOCUMENTS
O.C.G.A. §§ 164-8 & 16102o.1(b)(1)

16 FORGERY IN THE FIRST DEGREE
O.C.G.A. § 16-9-1(b)

17 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FORGERY m THE FIRST DEGREE
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-48 & 1691(b)

18 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O_C_G_A. § 16_10_20

19 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-10-20

20 CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT INFLUENCING WITNESSES
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-41 & 161093(b)(1)(A)

21 CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT INFLUENCING WITNESSES
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-1& 16-10-93(b)(1)(A)

22 CRIMINAL ATTEMPT TO COMMIT FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-41 & 161020

23 SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-47 & 16-10-1

24 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16-1020

25 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 161020 '

26 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20

27 FILING FALSE DOCUMENTS
O.C.G.A. § 16-1020.1(b)(1)

28 SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 164-7 & 16-10-1

29 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16-10-20

30 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT SOLICITATION OF FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8, 16-4-7 & 16-10-20

31 INFLUENCING WITNESSES
O.C.G.A. § 161093(b)(1)(A)

32 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD
O.C.G.A. §§ 21-2603 & 21-2-566

33 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD
O.C.G.A. §§ 21-2-603 & 21-2-574

34 CONSPIRACY To COMMIT COMPUTER THEFT
O.C.G.A. §§ 1648 & 16993(a)

35 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT COMPUTER TRESPASS
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 16-9-93(b)

36 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT COMPUTER INVASION OF PRIVACY
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-4-8 & 169-93(c)

37 CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE STATE
O.C.G.A. § 16-1021

38 SOLICITATION OF VIOLATION OF OATH BY PUBLIC OFFICER
O.C.G.A. §§ 16-47 & 16101

39 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 16-1020

40 FALSE STATEMENTS AND WRITINGS
O.C.G.A. § 161020

41 PERJURY
O.C.G.A. § 16-10-70 (a)
link: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23909543/23sc188947-criminal-indictment.pdf
Page 15 of GA indictment says there are 30 un-indicted co-conspirators. “I am giving the defendants the opportunity to voluntarily surrender no later than Friday 8/25/23 at noon” says Fulton County DA Fani Willis. She will be proposing a trial date within the next six months.

I don't think he "believes" that he actually lost. It's an ego thing with him. It's a denial thing. It's also, "I always get my way" attitude.
All the activity, criminal and otherwise are about his lack of acceptance of the loss or about, "I'm gonna get my way".
I seriously wonder if he understands that people win and succeed honestly.

I don't think he understand the concept of honesty. Not joking.

I think he's always maneuvered the system to get his way, to "win." If the other side accomplished something, then they must have cheated somehow. So, he feels justified in cheating back, harder.

jmo

@BrianKempGA

The 2020 election in Georgia was not stolen. For nearly three years now, anyone with evidence of fraud has failed to come forward - under oath - and prove anything in a court of law. Our elections in Georgia are secure, accessible, and fair and will continue to be as long as I am governor. The future of our country is at stake in 2024 and that must be our focus.

Very telling and brave ...

Duncan is standing up. He is challenging his party to be the party that they have been in the past. When a politician says a phrase like "straight to the ditch" in describing a party member's action, it is cause to take notice.

(this link works)

Last edited:
@BrianKempGA

The 2020 election in Georgia was not stolen. For nearly three years now, anyone with evidence of fraud has failed to come forward - under oath - and prove anything in a court of law. Our elections in Georgia are secure, accessible, and fair and will continue to be as long as I am governor. The future of our country is at stake in 2024 and that must be our focus.

Oh really, Brian?

Asked what he'll do if Trump wins the nomination, Kemp said he'll "wholeheartedly" support the Republican nominee.

He is obtuse -- I believe in his mind, he believes he is so great, so wonderful, he could not accept losing- whether it is an election or anything else- that is why he has cheated over the past 50 years- he has to win, to best his opponent and he will do anything to do just that. He has filed many many lawsuits- because he cannot bear losing, no matter what the cost. He was told over and over by allies close to him, like Bill Barr, that he lost the election, but he tossed reality aside and decided to try and over throw a legitimate election. He is a very mentally ill person, insecure and obsessed with winning-- he knew he lost but could not accept it, and the country is paying the price:

Very telling and brave ...

Duncan is standing up. He is challenging his party to be the party that they have been in the past. When a politician says a phrase like "straight to the ditch" in describing a party member's action, it is cause to take notice.

(this link works)
Trump was the nominee of his party. Why didn't Duncan speak up back then when he was a politician?

Duncan is no longer a politician and is now a paid commentator for CNN.

JMO

Trump, 18 allies indicted on RICO charges in Georgia: Live updates and reactions

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is giving all 19 defendants until Aug. 25 to voluntarily surrender.

The indictment lists 41 felony counts, including violation of the Georgia's RICO (or Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act; false statements and writings; conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer; and influencing witnesses, among others.

Trump has been charged with 13 counts — including a charge of violating Georgia's RICO (or Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act.

It must feel like having a beloved pet dog who attacks and needs to be put down. There is such a huge feeling of disappointment and betrayal. I think we need to be gentle with the ordinary people who are confronting the the truths of these crimes done by someone they looked up to. They've been fed a steady stream of lies for so long, it will be hard to discern the truth.

The Republican Party would do well to stand for justice and put forth another leader at this critical time, one who cares about the country and its people.

Remember when DT said something along the lines of he could shoot someone in Central Park and still be loved?

He's right. There is a group of people out there who still support him even if he is convicted and goes to prison.
If they weren't convinced by what they saw on Jan 6 nothing will change their minds.

Jmo

Prove he pressured officials

His furtherance of a lie that he helped to create. The phone calls and the subsequent badgering/belittling/name-calling that caused fear for families of the politicians who did not agree with him which then rose to a level of pressure and intimidation. The man wanted to win at any cost. He did not win in the voting or in the courts for the fraud--- he brought little or no proof either. Brad Raffensberger is a great case in point on how the tactics were designed to scare him, make him do Trump's bidding and caused Trump supporters to believe that anything thing they did was justified. Interestingly, Trump never told anyone to lay off any one. In fact, he poured the gas and admonished that those who didn't comply with his wishes deserved what they got. Here is Raffensberger's story:

"Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger’s testimony to the Jan. 6 committee illustrated just how unhinged Trump’s crusade to over turn the election became. After a call with Trump leaked in which he begged Raffensperger to magically “find” enough votes, Raffensperger said Trump’s supporters went as far as to break into the house belonging to the wife of his dead son. “And then some people broke into my daughter-in-law's home,” Raffensperger testified. “My son has passed and she’s a widow and has two kids. So, we’re very concerned about her safety also.” He said his email and phone were also flooded with messages, and his wife received “sexualized” texts. Tuesday’s hearing by the committee focused on election officials who say Trump pressured them to try and overturn the legitimate result." Raffensperger: Trumpy Conspiracists Broke Into My Dead Son’s Widow’s Home

It is an attempted shakedown of big proportions BUT it is also unleashing people who will do anything in their support of the narrative that Trump pushed--- an untrue narrative according to the current Republican Governor of Georgia and other state officials who also happen to be Republican-- similar to the unleashing that occurred on 1/6/2021.

This is not politics. IT is criminal behavior that if it happened with my neighbor or your neighbor there would be criminal charges.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Trump is obviously the ringleader but this conspiracy required the participation of likely hundreds of party officials, some elected and some not, across multiple states. You see things like the below tweet and how do you not blame the party too? Trump didn't do this in a vacuum.

Trump was the nominee of his party. Why didn't Duncan speak up back then when he was a politician?

Duncan is no longer a politician and is now a paid commentator for CNN.

JMO
He did. He spoke up right after the phone call - while he was still in office and Trump was still president and before January 6th which, imo, makes doing so more impressive actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when DT said something along the lines of he could shoot someone in Central Park and still be loved?

He's right. There is a group of people out there who still support him even if he is convicted and goes to prison.
If they weren't convinced by what they saw on Jan 6 nothing will change their minds.

Jmo
It would be funny if it were not so tragic- for the country- they will defend him at all costs. If he shot somebody they would say, well yeah, the guy had it coming to him or they would make up some story to defend Trump: I ask myself, how did we get here?

This is a good article about Duncan and speaking out. He knew he was marked by Trump because of his position so he decided not to run again.

"Duncan had signaled for months that he wouldn’t seek reelection, and his top aide, John Porter, said in April that his boss was unlikely to run. Still, top Republicans refrained from jumping into the race until Duncan announced his plan publicly.

The lieutenant governor would have faced a difficult campaign for a second term after his repeated criticism of Trump, which includes social media posts and appearances on cable shows panning the party’s leader for lying about widespread election fraud in Georgia.

In the interview, Duncan said the phony conspiracy theories asserting a “rigged” election have dealt lasting damage to his party that led to Democratic sweeps in the January U.S. Senate runoffs that flipped control of the chamber."

snipped
This is not politics. IT is criminal behavior that if it happened with my neighbor or your neighbor there would be criminal charges.
^^THIS!^^

I am the daughter of an elected office holder - a Republican! Politics is literally in my blood. I grew up going to political happenings, participating in every civic activity that was going on in the area, helping my parents host events in our home. (My mom was a Democrat fwiw.) I grew up caring about issues and understanding that people don't always care about the same issues or see them in the same way. I get politics.

These indictments are about crime.

jmo

Jmo

He said he would not lose voters!!! It is amazing that he called that. He certainly has had an impact on the lives of the people that he has publicly excoriated and then blamed for their lack of undying support. The lives of many in Georgia from Republican elected officials to poll workers have been torn apart all under the guise of "stolen election" rhetoric that is untrue and damaging to our democracy.

With less than two weeks to go until the Iowa caucus, Donald Trump remains characteristically confident about his chances. In fact, the Republican front-runner is so confident, he says his supporters would stay loyal even if he happened to commit a capital offense.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible." https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-shoot-somebody-and-i-wouldnt-lose-any-voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot