Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been so heartbroken since they found beautiful Heather. Her poor babies are without their mother. I am praying for comfort for all of her family. RIP Heather

This whole case is just so weird. Her being seen at RH apartment that weekend. RH being a RSO. The list goes on and on.

After reading the article below, made me wonder what on earth happened to HM that it all ended this way. In the article it states "The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Medical Examiner Office has completed the autopsy on the body of Heather McDonald, but it may take a while before those results are finalized.
That's according to Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Nelly Miles, who said the results of the exam are "pending further testing."
However, that type of testing is not being divulged at this time by the agency "due to the sensitivity of the case," Miles stated."

I know what this sounds like to me but can someone tell me what it means in LE terms? Could it be because there was no "physical" evidence on what may have caused her demise?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....onald-autopsy-results-pending-further-testing

IMO it means they are waiting on toxicology reports. I know Heather was arrested once recently for a drug-related charge but I really struggle to see her as a heavy addict. I see her pictures and just see a mommy. I had a family member with kids who was heavy addicted to drugs, so this is not to say that only certain people become drug addicts or anything like that. I just don't see the "look" of an addict when I see her pictures. If her COD turns out to be overdose I would suspect someone gave her laced drugs/more than she had ever had before and then panicked and dumped her body instead of taking her to the hospital. No matter the scenario though, this is just too sad.

I also do not believe she is a heavy addict or long-term user, more likely that someone else played a part if overdose is determined (IMO). Toxicology would confirm, but I'm anxious to see how long she's been deceased. Deer season (with firearms) was in on the 22nd in Georgia but she wasn't found till the 30th. I would've thought there would've been a lot of traffic in the woods that first weekend. HM was a small woman (100-105 lbs.) and could've been missed, too. It's frightening when I think about her small frame when compared to the size of RH (260+ lbs). But while she was seen at RH's home that weekend and likely knows what happened to HM, my gut tells me that there will be more arrests. Just speculating, but something just seems too convenient to say that he did this alone. He'd been in custody for over 3 weeks (counting the hospital stay) but wasn't named a POI until 3 days after her body was found (the day she was ID'd, public was notified the following day). Did LE uncover something from the scene or HM that suddenly got RH to talk or something that incriminated him? For him to have been the only one involved, she would've had to pass within the first 3 weeks following her disappearance since he was arrested on October 7th. Back to the hunters, gun season didn't open till the 22nd of October, but bow season has been in September 10th.

IMO it means they are waiting on toxicology reports. I know Heather was arrested once recently for a drug-related charge but I really struggle to see her as a heavy addict. I see her pictures and just see a mommy. I had a family member with kids who was heavy addicted to drugs, so this is not to say that only certain people become drug addicts or anything like that. I just don't see the "look" of an addict when I see her pictures. If her COD turns out to be overdose I would suspect someone gave her laced drugs/more than she had ever had before and then panicked and dumped her body instead of taking her to the hospital. No matter the scenario though, this is just too sad.

But why would the car scene be left like that if she was comatose from drugs.

Plus how did she meet up with him. Wasnt she visiting a friend

But why would the car scene be left like that if she was comatose from drugs.

Plus how did she meet up with him. Wasnt she visiting a friend

Perhaps the "friend" she was visiting put the car there and staged it so it would look like she was with someone at the hotel. Misdirect, mislead and throw suspicion off of themselves. They could claim she was planning to come see them but never showed or left a day early. I do suspect foul play and I will be shocked if they rule this a suicide or accidental death.

Perhaps the "friend" she was visiting put the car there and staged it so it would look like she was with someone at the hotel. Misdirect, mislead and throw suspicion off of themselves. They could claim she was planning to come see them but never showed or left a day early. I do suspect foul play and I will be shocked if they rule this a suicide or accidental death.

Agree. I found it strange when her or whomever had her phone didn't text hubby back when he asked her location.

Maybe they knew that answering that question would have brought on more questions or would have been debunked once LE needed to ping her phone location.

From the beginning, I have been perplexed about the "friend(s)" she spent that weekend with prior to her disappearance. I have not been able to understand why the friend(s) never came out and stated they were with her. I'm thinking, what kind of friend(s) is/are this/these people?? If my friend disappeared and was last seen with me- I'd be beside myself!! I guess now we know about RH it makes that a bit clearer- but, I was under the impression the family (at least) knew who she was with--something about her stating she was with a specific friend, but then they later confirmed she was actually with a different friend. However, we were told the friend was in Acworth.

After viewing the WSB piece, we find that RH and another women were all with HM that weekend in Cartersville??? What In The Entire?? Who is the other woman? How/Why did the reporter just find this woman to interview now- did they know about this witness and were waiting for something else to break before they named RH as POI? Really scratching my head on that one because the neighbor wasn't shy about speaking publicly and RH has been in custody since 10/7. More questions than answers.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...-interest-in-case-of-missing-mother/463688922

I can't even read how and why, right now

Perhaps I will after some time

dammit

From the beginning, I have been perplexed about the "friend(s)" she spent that weekend with prior to her disappearance. I have not been able to understand why the friend(s) never came out and stated they were with her. I'm thinking, what kind of friend(s) is/are this/these people?? If my friend disappeared and was last seen with me- I'd be beside myself!! I guess now we know about RH it makes that a bit clearer- but, I was under the impression the family (at least) knew who she was with--something about her stating she was with a specific friend, but then they later confirmed she was actually with a different friend. However, we were told the friend was in Acworth.

After viewing the WSB piece, we find that RH and another women were all with HM that weekend in Cartersville??? What In The Entire?? Who is the other woman? How/Why did the reporter just find this woman to interview now- did they know about this witness and were waiting for something else to break before they named RH as POI? Really scratching my head on that one because the neighbor wasn't shy about speaking publicly and RH has been in custody since 10/7. More questions than answers.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...-interest-in-case-of-missing-mother/463688922
LE could have asked her not to come forward. If she had spoke to media finding RH could have fled or went into hiding.
He may have been who they were looking for at the Courtesy Inn.
Imho

Thanks for the link, I had missed the gas station interview. She doesn't say whether HM as with anyone the hour before her Jeep was found, almost appears as though she was alone. I've wondered about the "friend" from the beginning. IMO, she likely did talk to LE early on and other than not wanting to tip off RH, she may have personal reasons for wanting to stay anonymous. From what we've heard, HM was not where SM believed her to be and for all we know, this "friend" may also not want her whereabouts and contacts known. The gas station attendant said that HM was on the phone with someone about her credit card, but IIRC SM said that she didn't have any credit cards. His last contact was also on the 18th, the day before she was seen at this gas station. What if her card had been cancelled or reported as stolen, leaving her with no access to money? Would she have called someone to help rather than going home? Phone records have to reveal more than what we know. It's possible that the neighbor and gas station attendant may feel more comfortable coming forward knowing that RH is in custody or maybe they questioned (as many did) whether foul play was involved. I'm convinced RH knows what happened, but I'm not convinced there weren't others involved. He has 2 FB accounts and another comes up on a search for an adult toys business (he is noted as self-employed on his larger FB). Not surprised by some of the friends of this RSO, but frightening to see how many public groups he was in.

I had not seen that interview! It was at a Marathon Station.
I think it os the one right across the street from the Courtesy Inn.
An hour before her car was found.
Hmmm, she was on the phone with a credit card company.
She stayed there for about 30 min.
None of any of the stories about her that weekend add up.
I'm sure that we will never know the truth.
Moo

Witnesses said they saw McDonald visiting an apartment where a registered sex offender lived not long before she was reported missing.

"Yeah, she was here for a couple of nights. Yeah, she went right upstairs. I don't know what happened," neighbor Dawn Seldor said.

The man was arrested last month on an outstanding warrant for violation of the sex offender registry.

"He used to have a sign on his door saying he was a sex offender," Seldor said.

Seldor said she didn’t know much about the relationship between the missing mother and the man, who authorities say is a person of interest in the case.

After McDonald was reported missing, Seldor said a police investigator came to question her.

“They asked when she left, if I had seen any strange activity the time she was here – that sort of stuff like that,” Seldor said.

Seldor said the man had been living in the apartment for more than a year, but moved out soon after McDonald was reported missing.

“(He) just packed up and decided, ‘I can’t afford rent’ and left,” she said.

Seldor said she doesn’t believe her neighbor had any involvement in the mother’s disappearance.

“He didn't seem dangerous. I trusted him in our home with our children. He didn't seem like he would do anyone harm,” she said.

McDonald’s family don’t believe the man was involved in her death. Sources close to this case told Channel 2 Action News, he was found about 15 miles away from where Heather's remains were found.

Moo
Could it have been her debit card?

Just to clarify, the attendant said HM was "on the phone with somebody about her credit card." I hadn't thought about it being the credit card company, but anything is possible. Could've even been a family member or friend, IMO. Her comments are being followed and someone asking about her are so chilling. That hour could've made the difference between life and death. The officer found her Jeep across the street only an hour later?? Would a search that night have found her in one of the rooms? Or if residents of the motel had been questioned that night, would LE be able to substantiate the story of her arguing with the men in the parking lot? I can't help but think how frightened she must've been.

Moo

Just to clarify, the attendant said HM was "on the phone with somebody about her credit card." I hadn't thought about it being the credit card company, but anything is possible. Could've even been a family member or friend, IMO. Her comments are being followed and someone asking about her are so chilling. That hour could've made the difference between life and death. The officer found her Jeep across the street only an hour later?? Would a search that night have found her in one of the rooms? Or if residents of the motel had been questioned that night, would LE be able to substantiate the story of her arguing with the men in the parking lot? I can't help but think how frightened she must've been.
It made me think someone DID call police and they responded to the area looking for her Jeep.

So many more questions than answers. I don't recall hearing whether the Jeep had been processed, but only being there an hour, there may not have been any evidence in it.

It made me think someone DID call police and they responded to the area looking for her Jeep.

If she did go on that trip for a quick drug use getaway; Then maybe she was passed out from heroin or something most of the time. And someone took her card to get cigarettes but didn't know the pin number.

I think she OD'd while visiting the RSO / friend of the family. His history is with children, so maybe she felt safe there to hang out and get "high". She probably passed away in his home. He panicked and dumped her and her car and moved out as soon as she was reported missing. He could have saved people a lot of time and misery by calling an ambulance. Either way, he was going to jail....the worst place to be for a pedophile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper