Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new news to me posted below from the web link above. ... if it has been recently posted I apologize...I am trying to catch up.

Witnesses said they saw McDonald visiting an apartment where a registered sex offender lived not long before she was reported missing.

"Yeah, she was here for a couple of nights. Yeah, she went right upstairs. I don't know what happened," neighbor Dawn Seldor said.

The man was arrested last month on an outstanding warrant for violation of the sex offender registry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Something doesn't add up. If the body was found Sunday, why was it just reported yesterday and when was the family notified?

"Officials have confirmed that remains found in Haralson County earlier in the week were those of a mother from Cartersville who has been missing for several weeks."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.11al...f-missing-cartersville-mother-found/347276197
On Wednesday, 11Alive broke the news that police had a person of interest in custody. Richard Harden, a convicted sex offender, was an acquaintance of the family.

Investigators believe he was known to frequent the area where McDonald's body was found.

However, family members said they do not believe he had anything to do with her death.

An autopsy has been scheduled to gather more information and could provide more answers

Again, sorry if this is repeated info. Multitasking dinner and wondering why my son isn't home yet. sigh.

I agree. Her family has stood behind SM from the beginning and IMO have grown frustrated by the accusations not just toward SM but other family members as well. Her poor mother was criticized for not being more vocal/present in the daily searches, but it was explained that she had been keeping the 3 little ones while they searched. I'll be watching the BCSO lists you linked and hoping the POI is cooperating so the family can get some answers.

I understand why they don't want negative comments on the page. Someone should tell them they can turn off comments for an individual post if it gets heated in the comments. At least that is what I have seen other MP pages do so they don't have to delete important update posts.

I agree. Her family has stood behind SM from the beginning and IMO have grown frustrated by the accusations not just toward SM but other family members as well. Her poor mother was criticized for not being more vocal/present in the daily searches, but it was explained that she had been keeping the 3 little ones while they searched. I'll be watching the BCSO lists you linked and hoping the POI is cooperating so the family can get some answers.

It's sad that people criticized the family but it is going to get even worse since they admitted to the news the POI was in their home and a friend of the family. I'm finding it hard to bite my tongue here because we are not supposed to say negative things about the family. They are victims under TOS. I guess all I can say is I find SM's comments to the press about the POI :fish:.

It's sad that people criticized the family but it is going to get even worse since they admitted to the news the POI was in their home and a friend of the family. I'm finding it hard to bite my tongue here because we are not supposed to say negative things about the family. They are victims under TOS. I guess all I can say is I find SM's comments to the press about the POI :fish:.
I second that and will add, my deepest condolences to her family, friends and most importantly, her beautiful children.
SM's post yesterday on his FB, under these extreme circumstances, is VERY out of place.

I can relate. So, investigators said RH was known to frequent the area where HM's body was found, which is also an area reported to be abandoned. Was he a hunter in the area? I couldn't find an exact location for where she found Sunday, only off Coppermine Rd. The woman missing last year was found behind an abandoned home on Coppermine Rd. in Temple. RH does have FB friends in Temple, so IMO he could be familiar with the area. But I'm wondering how many abandoned properties are there in this area? Also, page says the "suspect" is in custody, not the POI. Has there been another arrest or an upgrade?

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...cle_0c4036bc-070e-11e6-a7b2-976ad9a89f3a.html

https://www.facebook.com/WestGeorgiaPublicNewsAlerts/

I missed the interview of the neighbor.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...-interest-in-case-of-missing-mother/463688922

We’re talking to a neighbor about what she saw at the apartment, for Channel 2 Action News at 5:14.
Possibly another female with her? Supposely staying over (is this where she was that weekend) also, he moved after she was reported missing saying he couldn't afford the rent.

Info is from the video above with his past neighbor.

West Georgia Public News FB is reporting the suspect is a friend of the family. Looking to see if any other source can confirm.

I can relate. So, investigators said RH was known to frequent the area where HM's body was found, which is also an area reported to be abandoned. Was he a hunter in the area? I couldn't find an exact location for where she found Sunday, only off Coppermine Rd. The woman missing last year was found behind an abandoned home on Coppermine Rd. in Temple. RH does have FB friends in Temple, so IMO he could be familiar with the area. But I'm wondering how many abandoned properties are there in this area? Also, page says the "suspect" is in custody, not the POI. Has there been another arrest or an upgrade?

http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...cle_0c4036bc-070e-11e6-a7b2-976ad9a89f3a.html

And now there is no update there that she has been found deceased. Who admins the page? SM or JP? Could they still be in shock/denial/grief that they found Heather deceased and arrested a POI? Or are they busy at the police station filling out paperwork or something? IDK. My heart goes out to Heather's family, especially her girls. :(
Thinking they will put together a statement in the next 24 hours.
Also, the girls have to be told especially the oldest before returning to school.

Just my thoughts. So sad.

So she was staying with a friend in Acworth but the witness at the Inn in Cartersville, where the jeep was found, reports she stayed with the sex offender a couple of nights. What in the world? There must be so much we don't know.
The female at the Courtesy Inn was not the neighbor witness in the video posted upwards.

Thanks for your comment, I actually watched the video instead of just reading it this time. That apartment complex where the witness is speaking about staying with the RSO is clearly not the sketchy Inn in Cartersville where the jeep was found. I wonder if this apartment is in Acworth. The witness also says it looked like she was with another woman. This case is bizarre.
I saw an address for the POI at an Apt. Complex while sleuthing last night.

I do not know if that was where he was living when Heather visited him.

He moved after she went missing so he may be one that moves frequently.

Initial reports were that she was to be spending the weekend with a friend in Acworth and that she was seen leaving the home of a different friend on the day of last contact. Based on the interview with RH's neighbor, he was not staying at the Courtesy Inn. The apartment building street view matches his last given address online (an apartment with 4 units). Doesn't explain how the Jeep was at the Courtesy Inn, but there were rumored witnesses who remembered seeing HM there arguing with 2 (or 3) men. The neighbor indicated that she believed HM had a friend with her when coming and going from RH's apartment. IMO, the friend would know a lot about where HM went that weekend and who she would've been spending time with.
The neighbor interviewed also mentioned Heather being on the passenger side and possibly with another female.
So...maybe, they did leave the jeep at the Courtesy Inn from friday on...as was reported by the female I spoke to there.

If you are referring to the neighbor as the witness, after watching the video, I'm not certain that apartment is the Inn...

Can someone confirm? (ETA: THANKS LatestForever)
No that neighbor was not at the Inn.

West Georgia Public News FB is reporting the suspect is a friend of the family. Looking to see if any other source can confirm.

It says Suspect?!? not POI? Did they just get that wrong or is there now a suspect in custody? Or did the POI get upgraded to suspect?

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE
{5:10pm - 11/3/16}

Per source at GBI, The remains found recently on Coppermine Rd in Haralson County is that of missing Bartow County mom, Heather McDonald. The suspect in her disappearance is in custody.
I hope this is true. #JusticeforHeather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member