Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Body of missing Cartersville mother found[/h]
Officials have confirmed that remains found in Haralson County earlier in the week were those of a mother from Cartersville who has been missing for several weeks.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Medical Examiner's Office identified the remains of Heather McDonald on Wednesday. She had been missing since mid-September.
Several agencies including the Federal Bureau of Investigation are now continuing to look into the incident to uncover what led to McDonald's death.
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine her cause and manner of death.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/cartersville/body-of-missing-cartersville-mother-found/347276197

RIP Heather. I'm so sad that her three daughters will be without their mother. :sigh: :rose: :candle:

I missed the interview of the neighbor.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...-interest-in-case-of-missing-mother/463688922

We’re talking to a neighbor about what she saw at the apartment, for Channel 2 Action News at 5:14.

wth?! the guy is a registered offender (possibly a murderer, who knows now) and there are people who can justify having a known offender around their children? this is all very bizarre.

and does the article imply that she was staying at his apartment, sleeping there or is it awkward wording?

poor woman and those poor children without their mother and surrounded by such a lax group of adults... i just get a weird all-around feeling from the whole family and situation. friend of the parents (obviously, everyone knew he was an offender if he had a sign on his door) and the husband doubting his involvement? it's all very strange...

I have a feeling there will be future arrest(s) in Heather's case. Just FYI, Bartow County list of recent arrests is here: http://www.bartow.org/bcso/JAIL_24HR.htm

There doesn't seem to be any familiar names or interesting charges yet but keep an eye on the list the next few days. Of course it is also possible that a perp will be arrested elsewhere like the POI that was arrested in Carroll County.

That page has been hinky to me from the get go.
Moo

And now there is no update there that she has been found deceased. Who admins the page? SM or JP? Could they still be in shock/denial/grief that they found Heather deceased and arrested a POI? Or are they busy at the police station filling out paperwork or something? IDK. My heart goes out to Heather's family, especially her girls. :(

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...-interest-in-case-of-missing-mother/463688922

We’re talking to a neighbor about what she saw at the apartment, for Channel 2 Action News at 5:14.

RIP Heather McDonald..

Remains of missing Cartersville woman identified Fox5 Atlanta

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/215367678-story

So she was staying with a friend in Acworth but the witness at the Inn in Cartersville, where the jeep was found, reports she stayed with the sex offender a couple of nights. What in the world? There must be so much we don't know.

At 1:55 minute mark in the video at the link, Heather's DH speaks and says (|'m paraphrasing here) he knows the POI & doesn't believe he had anything to do with Heather's disappearance, doesn't believe he is dangerous, he has had him in their home before & around their kids.

:thud:

At 1:55 minute mark in the video at the link, Heather's DH speaks and says (|'m paraphrasing here) he knows the POI & doesn't believe he had anything to do with Heather's disappearance, doesn't believe he is dangerous, he has had him in their home before & around their kids.

Thanks for your comment, I actually watched the video instead of just reading it this time. That apartment complex where the witness is speaking about staying with the RSO is clearly not the sketchy Inn in Cartersville where the jeep was found. I wonder if this apartment is in Acworth. The witness also says it looked like she was with another woman. This case is bizarre.

Initial reports were that she was to be spending the weekend with a friend in Acworth and that she was seen leaving the home of a different friend on the day of last contact. Based on the interview with RH's neighbor, he was not staying at the Courtesy Inn. The apartment building street view matches his last given address online (an apartment with 4 units). Doesn't explain how the Jeep was at the Courtesy Inn, but there were rumored witnesses who remembered seeing HM there arguing with 2 (or 3) men. The neighbor indicated that she believed HM had a friend with her when coming and going from RH's apartment. IMO, the friend would know a lot about where HM went that weekend and who she would've been spending time with.

So she was staying with a friend in Acworth but the witness at the Inn in Cartersville, where the jeep was found, reports she stayed with the sex offender a couple of nights. What in the world? There must be so much we don't know.

If you are referring to the neighbor as the witness, after watching the video, I'm not certain that apartment is the Inn...

Can someone confirm? (ETA: THANKS LatestForever)

RH's apartment would be in Cartersville, not Acworth. The neighbor indicated that he moved out shortly after HM's disappearance because he couldn't afford the rent. The apartment is about 6 miles (12 minutes) from the Courtesy Inn.

Thanks for your comment, I actually watched the video instead of just reading it this time. That apartment complex where the witness is speaking about staying with the RSO is clearly not the sketchy Inn in Cartersville where the jeep was found. I wonder if this apartment is in Acworth. The witness also says it looked like she was with another woman. This case is bizarre.

RH's apartment would be in Cartersville, not Acworth. The neighbor indicated that he moved out shortly after HM's disappearance because he couldn't afford the rent. The apartment is about 6 miles (12 minutes) from the Courtesy Inn.

Thank you:)

So DH knows the guy & has trusted him in their home.

:crazy:

RH's apartment is in an area of lower income single family homes and the number of sex offenders in the area is pretty high sadly. But IMO, something or someone put RH on the run. The POI post was on the HYSH FB yesterday, but as with the Topix thread, the comments took an accusatory tone. JP commented on the thread last night that he had deleted offensive comments and when I checked this morning, the whole post was down. JP has noted in the past that both he and SM admin the page.

RH's apartment is in an area of lower income single family homes and the number of sex offenders in the area is pretty high sadly. But IMO, something or someone put RH on the run. The POI post was on the HYSH FB yesterday, but as with the Topix thread, the comments took an accusatory tone. JP commented on the thread last night that he had deleted offensive comments and when I checked this morning, the whole post was down. JP has noted in the past that both he and SM admin the page.

I understand why they don't want negative comments on the page. Someone should tell them they can turn off comments for an individual post if it gets heated in the comments. At least that is what I have seen other MP pages do so they don't have to delete important update posts.

Which brings me back to witnesses saying someone was following her. All previous news reports have stated SM was her last contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member