Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They stated there was a suspect in custody per a GBI source. But I couldn't find anything released by the GBI or any other media outlet changing him from a POI. Cartersville Patch is not high on my list of reputable sources and I don't recall seeing it before, now saying she was seen at 7:00 p.m. in the area of the motel on 18th.

http://patch.com/georgia/cartersville/body-identified-missing-cartersville-woman

It says Suspect?!? not POI? Did they just get that wrong or is there now a suspect in custody? Or did the POI get upgraded to suspect?

I hope this is true. #JusticeforHeather

They stated there was a suspect in custody per a GBI source. But I couldn't find anything released by the GBI or any other media outlet changing him from a POI. Cartersville Patch is not high on my list of reputable sources and I don't recall seeing it before, now saying she was seen at 7:00 p.m. in the area of the motel on 18th.

http://patch.com/georgia/cartersville/body-identified-missing-cartersville-woman

Wow, that makes it a really tight timeline if that 7:00 PM is right. Police found her car at 9:30 PM. But I thought there were rumors she was there much earlier?

Oh, wait I just realized it sasy on the 18th. So they are saying she was there the night before her car was found. Hmm....

Hunters are the eyes and ears of the forest. It never ceases to amaze me at how many times remains are located and recovered by aware hunters. Although bow season for large game has been in progress for a few weeks, firearm season had just opened on Saturday October 22 /2016. Hunters would have saturated the woods all over GA on opening day.

Although it is very tragic that HM was found deceased, and the family can no longer hold out hope for her safe return. From talking to many families of the missing and murdered, it is the not knowing that is the worst.

Before moving to the north Ga mountains I lived in Acworth for a couple decades and hunted this area of Cartersville/Bartow County. From past experience, the GBI doesn't release a lot of information publicly, but are very professional and I have confidence that HM and her family will receive justice.

Rest in peace, Heather... :heartbeat:

I hope the perp will soon be revealed and punished.

Apparently the RSO being discussed is not the same as RH who is in custody as a suspect, therefore posts referencing that individual have been removed.

:wave:

Apparently the RSO being discussed is not the same as RH who is in custody as a suspect, therefore posts referencing that individual have been removed.

:wave:
Sorry, SillyBilly...I apologize my heart was beating faster than my fingers last night.
"hanging head down in shame" and needing more sleep.

So RH is indeed a suspect now vs a poi?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So RH is indeed a suspect now vs a poi?

There seem to be conflicting reports in the media on whether he is a suspect or merely a POI. I hope we get clarity today and find out Heather's murderer was arrested already.

#JusticeforHeather

Godspeed Heather.

Her poor children, besides Heather, they are real victims here.

Condolences to Heathers family, friends and loved ones.

Time for Justice to take over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad and tragic! I had really hoped for a better ending :( RIP Heather. Keeping your family in my prayers :(

Still no statement from family on the fb page: https://www.facebook.com/haveyouseenheather/

ETA: An hour ago the page posted "thank You" to several comments offering condolences on the older stories. But other people are commenting asking questions and obviously haven't heard the news yet. I wish they would post a link to the latest story or something so all the people following the page know they found Heather.

Still no statement from family on the fb page: https://www.facebook.com/haveyouseenheather/

ETA: An hour ago the page posted "thank You" to several comments offering condolences on the older stories. But other people are commenting asking questions and obviously haven't heard the news yet. I wish they would post a link to the latest story or something so all the people following the page know they found Heather.
There was a request of photo's of Heather and memories of Heather on his personal fb page.
Heartbreaking.

This is the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Facebook Page link. No new info currently, but info is updated once verified
https://www.facebook.com/Georgia.Bureau.of.Investigation/?fref=ts

GBI Press Release: Missing Cartersville Woman Identified November 3, 2016
https://gbi.georgia.gov/press-releases/2016-11-03/missing-cartersville-woman-identified

Cartersville, Georgia – On Sunday, October 30, 2016, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) was requested to assist the Haralson County Sheriff’s Office in an investigation into the discovery of human remains.

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016, the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office identified the remains as that of Heather McDonald who has been missing from Cartersville, GA since mid-September.

The GBI, Cartersville Police Department, Bartow County Drug Task Force, Bartow County Sheriff’s Office, and FBI have been working diligently to find McDonald since her disappearance in mid-September. These agencies are continuing to follow all investigative leads.

An autopsy will be performed by the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the cause and manner of death.

If my missing family member had just been found dead somewhere, updating internet strangers on FB would be the last thing on my mind.

If my missing family member had just been found dead somewhere, updating internet strangers on FB would be the last thing on my mind.

I should explain, it's not that I expect a long statement or anything but whoever runs the HYSH fb page took the time to read comments on the older posts and comment "thank you" several places. It would take even less time to copy and post a link to one news story stating they found Heather and had a POI in custody. I am not callous towards the family, my heart really goes out to them. I just feel like this was strange to comment "thank you" several times but not post an update while other people in the comments of the old stories are still arguing about where they should search for Heather and whether LE was doing enough to find her. Of course, they are not required to give answers to internet strangers but I would have posted a link to the latest story and said something like "please respect our privacy while we grieve" and that would be it. I understand we all deal with grief in out own way and I hope family will take some time away from the internet--strangers can be really harsh online. I also hope the family lets someone else take over the page if they intend to keep it up for updates on Heather. I mean this in the nicest possible way and not as a criticism of the family. They are in my prayers.

I am not 100% certain RH is a suspect or even a POI at this point.
GBI and Cartersville Police aren't commenting, yet didn't the US Marshal say he was?
I see he was arrested in 1984, 1989 and did 20 years and has also been arrested since 2010 for failure to register as an RSO before. I believe he was jailed in 2013 for that.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.11al...issing-cartersville-mother-complete/348208584
"The Cartersville Police Department is leading the missing person investigation, and Lt. Michael Bettikofer told CBS News’ Crimesider they are not confirming a person of interest in the investigation. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heather-mcdonald-missing-georgia-mother-of-three-found-dead/

"While there have been reports that a person of interest was taken into custody by officials, the GBI would not confirm those details with Patch."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....517/autopsy-complete-in-heather-mcdonald-case

I have been so heartbroken since they found beautiful Heather. Her poor babies are without their mother. I am praying for comfort for all of her family. RIP Heather

This whole case is just so weird. Her being seen at RH apartment that weekend. RH being a RSO. The list goes on and on.

After reading the article below, made me wonder what on earth happened to HM that it all ended this way. In the article it states "The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Medical Examiner Office has completed the autopsy on the body of Heather McDonald, but it may take a while before those results are finalized.
That's according to Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Nelly Miles, who said the results of the exam are "pending further testing."
However, that type of testing is not being divulged at this time by the agency "due to the sensitivity of the case," Miles stated."

I know what this sounds like to me but can someone tell me what it means in LE terms? Could it be because there was no "physical" evidence on what may have caused her demise?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....onald-autopsy-results-pending-further-testing

I have been so heartbroken since they found beautiful Heather. Her poor babies are without their mother. I am praying for comfort for all of her family. RIP Heather

This whole case is just so weird. Her being seen at RH apartment that weekend. RH being a RSO. The list goes on and on.

After reading the article below, made me wonder what on earth happened to HM that it all ended this way. In the article it states "The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Medical Examiner Office has completed the autopsy on the body of Heather McDonald, but it may take a while before those results are finalized.
That's according to Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Nelly Miles, who said the results of the exam are "pending further testing."
However, that type of testing is not being divulged at this time by the agency "due to the sensitivity of the case," Miles stated."

I know what this sounds like to me but can someone tell me what it means in LE terms? Could it be because there was no "physical" evidence on what may have caused her demise?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....onald-autopsy-results-pending-further-testing
That is my thinking, also. No signs of trauma to the body.

Ironic
... as I do not know if this is rumor or truth or a little of both. An article way back mentions the death of Heather's grandma. It was said the grandma raised her?...thus the car. Possible she just helped in raising Heather.

Now it seems Heather's Mom "hopefully" will be even more involved with raising Heather's daughters beyond just Grandmother.

Praying for those beautiful little girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB