Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, we haven't been told much of anything that happened before she supposedly left for a "weekend get-a-way". It's not really even clear which day she left or who she was supposed to be spending the night with. It's so strange this person or persons has not come forward and said, "Heather was at my house until xxxx time" OR "Heather was supposed to come to my place but she never showed up." Not a peep from her friends, at least not in the media. I don't know what their relationship was like but I always tell my husband which friends I'm going to go see, especially if I'm spending the night. And if I "lied" and then disappeared my friends would be coming out of the woodwork and saying if I was with them or not. They would all be asking WHO I was supposedly with for a "weekend get-a-way" because the friends I am close enough to spend a weekend with are few in number. It's just really strange what we have NOT heard in this case. Where are all Heather's friends? Are they afraid to speak for some reason?
I also wonder if they are afraid to come forward or have been asked not to and by whom?

Sent from my SM-G930V

My question has been the same in this case. How come we have not heard from the friend that she was to go on this weekend getaway with and the other friend she was seen actually seen leaving from the next day? And who was it that was saying she was being followed? I cant find the link to the media story that this was all stated in...does anyone know what news story that was on and link it please? But my point is, what friend(s) stay queit when their friend is missing and you may have been the last person to see her?
I will look for links. I think one may have been SM and the other the person from Dunkin Donuts posted on the Have you Seen Heather page.

*Will link when found.

FOUND, and THANKS to Soanyway!
I should read ahead before posting.

Here is the link that talked about her concern that she was being followed. Reports are that she was seen leaving another friend's house, but that she was last seen at the Courtesy Inn on the 19th. I'm wondering if the last person to see her was an actual resident of the Inn and if she was seen leaving his/her room (home), there could be a reason they are not publicly coming forward (possibly jeopardizing their own safety). http://www.daily-tribune.com/newsx/item/6342-searching-for-clues

Sent from my SM-G930V

I need to check as I believe this info was in the MSM link posted on here last night.

And I do questioned this because I have talked with someone that witnessed this argument but there was only 2 black guys. I spoke to 3 witnesses and they all said 2 black males. I know JP has spoken with that person, at least once and possibly the other 2 witnesses.

They(not sure, how many) left that area to go to the store and I don't know if she was there when they returned. I never got that info.

I do recall reading on the Have You Seen Heather page that the person at Dunkin Donuts that said Heather was still alive was said to not be a credible witness. I would think that info would give them hope instead of being discouraged. Then again, JP spoke of finding Heather or remains...he may something we dont.

Sent from my SM-G930V

The Daily Tribune article also references the credibility of the first witness who came forward about the argument. Was the story consistent between all 3 of the people you spoke to? I know you said they agreed on there being only 2 men. Was there any other info given? Another forum spoke of hearing her hollering something, did any of them recall what the conversation was about? I'm still finding it hard to believe that anyone who is a guest there wouldn't be able to identify the men who were arguing or if there were any other vehicles around that shouldn't have been there.

The Daily Tribune article also references the credibility of the first witness who came forward about the argument. Was the story consistent between all 3 of the people you spoke to? I know you said they agreed on there being only 2 men. Was there any other info given? Another forum spoke of hearing her hollering something, did any of them recall what the conversation was about? I'm still finding it hard to believe that anyone who is a guest there wouldn't be able to identify the men who were arguing or if there were any other vehicles around that shouldn't have been there.

I have always believed that the two black males she was arguing with know where she is or what happened to her. Can they be identified?

I have always believed that the two black males she was arguing with know where she is or what happened to her. Can they be identified?
Rumor...There was possibly a truck that was there that weekend that was Id. This Id is from someone that lives at the Courtesy Inn and it seems they only saw the stickers on the back. When that weekend I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930V

I spoke to all 3 at the same time. I heard nothing about hollering but they did leave to go to the store. I did go online afterwards and saw that one was a rso and gave a different address that is not the courtesy...so possibly visiting the two that lived there.

* I really should have had a sleeve of fireball when I visited. I think if I would have asked more questions I could have gotten more answers ..as I don't think any info will be voluntary told.

I am in touch and got some info last night but I don't think the info is true. It is too unrealistic...I did share with JP, he seemed stressed(imho) so I wait for what is to come from this if anything.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Thanks Soanyway and Lisa for posting those links.

Could someone close to her been following her to see what she was doing? IIRC, I believe it was stated that she was going out at all hours of the night and was display erratic behaviour?

Thanks Soanyway and Lisa for posting those links.

Could someone close to her been following her to see what she was doing? IIRC, I believe it was stated that she was going out at all hours of the night and was display erratic behaviour?
That is what SM said. So far, to me, I'm not sure these things occurred. Was he painting a picture to lead everyone down this road? IMO I don't believe she was into all that stuff.

That is what SM said. So far, to me, I'm not sure these things occurred. Was he painting a picture to lead everyone down this road? IMO I don't believe she was into all that stuff.
I find it odd also that she only spent about 8 hours in jail for possession. I still can't figure out how that happened. People are usually in the intake pit longer than that!
Strange!

I find it odd also that she only spent about 8 hours in jail for possession. I still can't figure out how that happened. People are usually in the intake pit longer than that!
Strange!
It was probably just a prescription, maybe even not hers?

It was probably just a prescription, maybe even not hers?
That is what I was thinking.Not her meds, Drug screen, charged, pay bail and go.
Show up to court, explain situation charges dropped.
I have no idea!

About 70%ish of conversation here, is focused around her alleged abandoned car, and the Motel. IF this is staged (cover up), whomever did stage, have succeeded. All the focus is around the Motel. Steering away from, maybe, something more nefarious.

I spoke to all 3 at the same time...so yes.
No other info at that time was volunteered except at least 2 and maybe 3 left for the store.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Not sure the make of the car, but looks to have been given to her by her late grandma. Another forum posted a comment she made on her FB account on her birthday stating that she wrecked the car her nana gave her on the anniversary of her death date (Sept. 3rd).
It must have been deleted. I don't see it there now. However that does answer my question. It was on the anniversary of her death.

Past front side check-in and towards the back of the side building which turns right to the back row of rooms. Blue dumpster in one but basically same area.
7cde3df3445e0cb2192668fbdc335e01.jpg

51371af286ae859fb661cd80380bcb16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V
So, did you miss the dumpster the first day you were there or was it gone?
I could see LE removing it to test it.
ICK can you imagine what could be in it?
moo

A look at the end of rooms a little past the white car and around that area...

c3f88d435fc1e97d579d335bee0f883f.jpg

de794af5179ca557743cdbca2c907f60.jpg

38be5eed96f52748d8ab68dc004121f0.jpg

e30985c4b4e8f5472b9dd6afd13d5f95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V
I read somewhere that it was open behind the motel. I wasn't expecting the tree lines. I know it has been searched by dogs and LE.
I'm trying to figure out why someone described it like that.
Moo

I read somewhere that it was open behind the motel. I wasn't expecting the tree lines. I know it has been searched by dogs and LE.
I'm trying to figure out why someone described it like that.
Moo
There is an open field next to the restaurant that you can drive onto, I think I posted it earlier before these pics.
It is possible you could reach that field from the back side as it appears to be a path that seems wide enough.
The open field is surrounded by woods so maybe that is where they searched.

The field next to the restaurant/inn

15ab64f116511f984a75bab61834d4ca.jpg

Back parking lot near the field "looks" driveable along the side of the building.

b304634b002883a04f43610cd53f8562.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V

Where is Heather?? Handing out fliers isn't enough. I think they should organize some massive searches. I'm in!!!

Where is Heather?? Handing out fliers isn't enough. I think they should organize some massive searches. I'm in!!!

Have there been any updates by any of the LE agencies working the case? I was under the impression it was reported in the first release that the police didn't suspect it was a kidnapping, but don't recall it actually being made by LE. If it's not a kidnapping and GBI and FBI are working, wouldn't that imply that foul play could be an option? What would be the harm in organizing a thorough search of the area behind the hotel?

Have there been any updates by any of the LE agencies working the case? I was under the impression it was reported in the first release that the police didn't suspect it was a kidnapping, but don't recall it actually being made by LE. If it's not a kidnapping and GBI and FBI are working, wouldn't that imply that foul play could be an option? What would be the harm in organizing a thorough search of the area behind the hotel?

I really think a professional search organization like Texas Equuasearch needs to be called in to search that brush. AFAIK, family searched the woods first week but they didn't have very many people searching and not being professionals they could have missed something. Professional SARs will walk fingertip-to-fingertip and be crawling through the brush on their hands and knees. I doubt anyone got into that over-grown area. It should be cut back to see if anything is back there. If not her, maybe something belonging to her or a piece of her clothing could be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member