Found Deceased GA - Jason Salter & Kenny Guerra, best friends & business partners, were together, both vehicles found, Fulton County, 25 Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm assuming LE probably told the family to stop speaking to the public after the bodies were found, so that the investigation wouldn't be compromised. If they were still missing I think the family would still be asking for the public's help.

I don’t know what the families know at this time or what they were told, but the first article where we first learned of the bodies found did say this:

“The families of Jason Salter and Kenny Guerra say they planned to continue their efforts to find their loved ones this weekend but will hold off until the bodies are identified.”

I would not read into/try to interpret anything what LE or the families have/have not said.

- JJ Day, in 2021, after a body was found, family members said they were told to not assume it was related, but it ended up being him.
- Kendra Hanks, 2022. After a body was found, LE issued another request for tips/info for her, which someone here interpreted/thought it might mean that the body wasn't Kendra, but it was her.

LE can extremely...secretive? or give no indication. I would not try to interpret anything from this. IMO.

Someone above mentioned bodies might have been in the water. Didn't media say found on the bank, or did I miss something
The apparent remains of two people were discovered near the bank of the Chattahoochee
No, it was me that missed something. My apologies for saying they were in the water. When I looked at the area, and followed the river through the Bouckaert Farm property, I got the idea that they must have been in the river and were now on the bank because it doesn't seem like they could be driven or carried to the area. Sorry guys, I hate to inject incorrect information into a thread.

- JJ Day, in 2021, after a body was found, family members said they were told to not assume it was related, but it ended up being him.
JD's identification was delayed as there was some issue with his dental records and the first attempt to get a DNA sample from the recovered body failed, due to decomposition. A piece of bone was sent to a lab to extract DNA. The same type of delay could be happening with these 2 victims.

I only mention this because it was such a controversial case and it took a long time to positively identify the body. The family was told it seemed to be JD, there was no other reported missing person that it could be. The family could not accept this and was believing/hopiing JD was still alive.

I looked at the business filing which is currently active. The 3rd business partner is listed as LM, but on Facebook his son TM notes himself as the business partner. LM also commented on a post of TM congratulating his success.
Perhaps TMs other initial is an 'L'; maybe a Jr. who goes by his middle name that starts with a 'T'? Legal first name begins with L, but goes by the T.

The victims have most likely been in the water for nearly a month and the decomposition would be advanced. You cannot identify bodies by their clothing and even if they had a readable ID in their pocket, it could not be used for identification. They may have tried unsuccessfully using decomposed tissue for DNA first, they may have had to get DNA from bones or teeth and that process takes longer. It sounds like they didn't have or couldn't use dental records for identification. Teeth may be missing or dental records not available.
I see the victims were a part of your life, I'm so sorry for your loss, especially under these unimaginable circumstances.
Thank you! I don't feel like I should be accepting condolences, but I'll accept on behalf of our mutual friends. Thanks for further insight as well.

Still nothing? Odd, they can dig up Stephen Smiths body, who died in 2015, do another autopsy, rebury him in record time and yet seemingly nothing about these two bodies. Makes no sense. IMO
They didn't need to identify Stephen Smith. Jelani Day's identification by DNA took 19 days. The bodies were recovered approx. 20 days ago. Autopsy results aren't released for months, it's been the same delay on lots of deaths explored on WS.

Based on what I’m reading, someone who knew what they were doing seems to be behind their disappearance. If the bodies belong to them, whoever disposed them knew how to make identification difficult. I don’t think it’s a coincidence at all. I don’t know how long it takes bodies to decompose but back then, it wasn’t really hot in atlanta so I can’t see them decomposing rapidly unless they were in water or wild animals got to them.
The fact that the story was only on fox and 11alive is very strange to me. I wonder if the farm is trying to keep it hush hush since they make a profit off of people renting their space. I can imagine it would be hard to book events if “two dead bodies” being found at your property was blasted all over the media.

Based on what I’m reading, someone who knew what they were doing seems to be behind their disappearance. If the bodies belong to them, whoever disposed them knew how to make identification difficult. I don’t think it’s a coincidence at all. I don’t know how long it takes bodies to decompose but back then, it wasn’t really hot in atlanta so I can’t see them decomposing rapidly unless they were in water or wild animals got to them.
The fact that the story was only on fox and 11alive is very strange to me. I wonder if the farm is trying to keep it hush hush since they make a profit off of people renting their space. I can imagine it would be hard to book events if “two dead bodies” being found at your property was blasted all over the media.
I wonder if the bodies found at the farm, whoever they belong to, were burned, making DNA identification that much harder. I also wonder if Jason or Kenny had identifiable jewelry that they wore, whether it be wedding bands or earrings. If jewelry survived the fire, perhaps the family knows it's them but LE isn't comfortable making an ID on that alone?

When bodies are left outdoors, where insects are active, and the average daytime temperature is 65 degrees, decomposition in a month's time will be advanced. As long as there are bones to get DNA from, identification isn't difficult, it just takes a little longer. If it was hot, decomposition would be advanced in a week. MOO

BODY DECOMPOSITION TIMELINE

24-72 hours after death — the internal organs decompose.

3-5 days after death — the body starts to bloat and blood-containing foam leaks from the mouth and nose.

8-10 days after death — the body turns from green to red as the blood decomposes and the organs in the abdomen accumulate gas.

Several weeks after death — nails and teeth fall out.

1 month after death — the body starts to liquify.

Makes me wonder what on earth they were involved with. This doesn’t seem like anything random at all!

Happy Easter everyone !!!

Just popping in here for updates and see there really is no new info from LE.

Praying their families will get word soon, if they don't already know and justice can be served !!

This is definitely a strange case and one of the quietest ones I've ever followed.
NO SM, NO news, NO LE, NO family interviews.
I am going with the premise that LE & Family know a lot more and just keeping it close to their vests and out of the media at this time.

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!
WE NEED 500 DOLLARS IN DONATIONS TO REACH OUR GOAL TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS GOING.
Every month for about 228 months (that is 19 years) I have gladly paid the bills. Rarely over the 19 years have I asked for your help. THANK YOU to all who have donated. I will post an announcement and stop accepting donations when we reach our goal!
Please use PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
If the PayPal link does not work for you go to www.paypal.com and put in the email websleuths.com@gmail.com and you can send a donation that way.
Venmo name is Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

(PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS DONATIONS ON THIS THREAD. CLICK HERE FOR DISCUSSION AND MORE INFORMATION)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Tricia

I've read through the thread and see there appears to be very little information about the disappearance of the two men as well as any progress in investigating their disappearance. It's especially disconcerting to see that the family has gone radio silent after the discovery of the two bodies. When family members don't keep the name of their loved one in the news they quickly get relegated to old news status. That's a cold hard fact, unfortunately, since there are too many stories to take their place.

I'm interested in their business and the fact they received $100,000 PPP payments. Do we know whether there is account of how the money was used? Are there records of using the funds for employee wages or to reinvest in the company in the way of printing machines or other type of equipment? Would they have to pay this money back? Could they have used the money to invest in crypto currency and lost money when FTX crashed and they owe money to other people?

When I was reading what type of printing they do, I wondered whether they could get fined for infringing copyrights of certain types of posters or other logos. I don't see how that could result in their disappearance, though. Just thinking about the types of business you could get involved in when you own a printing company especially after viewing a video of how they reproduce things. Could they be involved in creating false identification for people, whether for illegal immigrants or felons?

I'm not suggesting that these men were involved in illegal activities but it would be disingenuous to ignore the possibility of illegal enterprises. If they were involved in illegal activity could it be possible they manufactured their own disappearances to avoid arrest?

ADMIN NOTE:

A couple of posts have been removed.

As snbc13 is not an approved source, and it the ONLY source that seems to be reporting this, we'll wait for more reliable MSM to pick up on any developments (if in fact it is true).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back