Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, noting a surge of guests on this thread at this moment. :wagon:

Please take the time to join up at Websleuths so you also can comment and take advantage of all the features.

There are currently 78 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 73 guests)
Wow-good to get that interest. :wave: to all you guests. We don't bite (much) if you have input? We're friendly and harmless - well most of us :laughing:
IMO of course.

The link isn't working for me.
[emoji17]

I don't understand that the tapestry is missing, but we have a photo of a quilted item posted.
I'm confused!
Where is Janna???
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The link works for me. It takes time to land on the proper post that that link is to. You can merely look at post #414 in this thread to see the reference.

The photo is not of what was stolen. It is another piece to illustrate the type of linen piece and style. The piece missing was a buffet cover, the item shown is another dining linen. Not the same. Same period perhaps and Egyptian style, but not same piece. The family does not have a good photo that they have to share, so that was next best thing. The stolen item is shown on other sites, but so very blurry that you cannot make anything out.

HTH

ETA: Respectfully, typo on her name in your post. All posts have up to an hour iirc to be edited if you care to. If you do, I'll remove this reference and correct the "quote"

The link isn't working for me.
[emoji17]

I don't understand that the tapestry is missing, but we have a photo of a quilted item posted.
I'm confused!
Where is Janna???
Moo

The quilted item posted photo is one of two smaller side table covers that remain of a three piece set, the largest of which was 5feet x 2feet framed but is now missing. The two smaller ones are not missing. As I understand it.

The link works for me. It takes time to land on the proper post that that link is to. You can merely look at post #414 in this thread to see the reference.

The photo is not of what was stolen. It is another piece to illustrate the type of linen piece and style. The piece missing was a buffet cover, the item shown is another dining linen. Not the same. Same period perhaps and Egyptian style, but not same piece. The family does not have a good photo that they have to share, so that was next best thing. The stolen item is shown on other sites, but so very blurry that you cannot make anything out.

HTH

ETA: Respectfully, typo on her name in your post. All posts have up to an hour iirc to be edited if you care to. If you do, I'll remove this reference and correct the "quote"

I've edited my previous comment (link to Subie's post about the FBI) to add the post #, HTH.

(bbm)

I wonder if forensic IT people can recover what;s missing

Ok I got in finally. I had been going to iCloud.com. I managed to figure out the right email from the Apple ID site and it shows her phone and phone no as a listed device.

I have an old iPad that I'm restoring with her account info.

It looks like though and this is odd, it says no back ups of apps and data available. All contacts and messages are wiped and photos only show January of this year and piror.

It's like she turned off all.back up settings or someone wiped a lot of her phone

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

:bump: 8/28 post #157

Subie,

If you are looking to get into the media again, they usually need a new slant/new information for the same station/news outlet to run another story. Perhaps consider contacting Crimestoppers to begin to offer a reward, and that is the "new slant/information" for them to run the story / her photo again?

Crimestoppers supplies the funding for the reward, the family doesn't FYI. Also, "some individuals" are more prone to perhaps submit a tip anonymously, which is one of the features vs. calling a police tip line iykwim :moo:

Just for your consideration :grouphug:

Hope you are hanging in there, and knowing that you are putting much of your real life on hold during this family crisis.

ETA: Or, the "new" information could be that the FBI is now involved

I had the similar thoughts about a new angle. I made a list of alternate story ideas (I'll spare everyone from it). There are several different ways for them to keep it rolling. Staying top of mind is so important. I'm still seeing posts on SM with people saying things like, "But I thought she was found." The confusing start of missing/found/not found info didn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTH

It's too late to correct it.
It was indeed a typo.
My apologies!

Apparently the FBI has spoken to him already and said his story checked out

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
When did the FBI come on board and why? This is a big boost to the case for you and should get some results. What is the FBI involvement indicating do you think? Can you share what direction or angle is being pursued and whether they suspect foul play? Hope you have some answers soon.

I've been reading about FBI involvement. From what I can gather (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the FBI gets involved in trafficking cases and interstate kidnapping cases. Seems both of these are possible with the information from Jenna's brother. I'm so glad the FBI has gotten involved because the local LE seemed to be slow to act especially with searching the apartment.

Its good to see more people are getting involved on the fb page. There are comments referring to Jenna being online on fb 5 hours ago. Thats a good sign, right? :)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Its good to see more people are getting involved on the fb page. There are comments referring to Jenna being online on fb 5 hours ago. Thats a good sign, right? :)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
That does sound promising. Hopefully subie may be able to update us once the US are awake.

I have seen here in many cases when the FBI gets involved that it is only to provide technical expertise, such as computer/phone forensics for example, and other resources not easily available to local LE. It does not necessarily mean trafficking or interstate kidnapping is the reason. So I would say let's not jump to conclusions.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much over those comments: I recall this happening in another case a while ago & it turned out to be family/LE checking the account.

FWIW Jenna is a member (since August 14th) of the Atlanta House Search FB group. A girl is posting on that on July 27th this year. The woman/girl is asking for a roommate

"I'm looking for a roommate and want to live in the buckhead or midtown area. Looking to move early September! My budget is up to $1200."

Jenna reacted on this post on August 14th of this year with: Message me <name> ASAP

I don't know how to put the post here or if this is allowed per privacy law. Don't want to drag somebody into this, if you know what I mean.

Looks like me that she had/wanted to move out the place she lived and based on the fact the woman wanted to move in September she didn't had the intention at that point to leave the city on her own account.

FWIW Jenna is a member (since August 14th) of the Atlanta House Search FB group. A girl is posting on that on July 27th this year. The woman/girl is asking for a roommate

"I'm looking for a roommate and want to live in the buckhead or midtown area. Looking to move early September! My budget is up to $1200."

Jenna reacted on this post on August 14th of this year with: Message me ASAP

I don't know how to put the post here or if this is allowed per privacy law. Don't want to drag somebody into this, if you know what I mean.

Looks like me that she had/wanted to move out the place she lived and based on the fact the woman wanted to move in September she didn't had the intention at that point to leave the city on her own account.

That's so interesting! Could Jenna have wanted this girl to move in with her?

That is also a possibility of course NoseyNellie. I only know Atlanta by google maps. :) Is the neighborhood the girl mentioned where Jenna lived?

Sorry new here so I hope ideas are allowed to be posted. None of the ideas below are factual, they are all purely imagined scenarios and theoretical. wanted to register instead of just reading. Know subie from University and am following the case, don't know his sister. Everything I write is purely to inspire others to think and dig on this and try to understand the psychology. I'm a 27 year old female who used to live in atl so I'm going to try to run through some scenarios. My mom is a psychologist, so I've grown up trying to understand motivations. If this isn't allowed as a type of post please let me know.

Several things I've noticed- the quilt is about 5ft and Jenna is 4ft11 according to flyers.

So back when I was younger and living in Atlanta - and I checked and do have many friends of friends in common with her - some weird scenario like this would be more likely because of something like drugs. I'm not going to say any of them do that now, but young people are idiots in some of those circles and can give someone something without knowing what they've done. So imagine a group of people on something like LSD. She doesn't even have to be part of that, her friends just show up on something. She's cold, they start tripping and wandering about. They see the anubis figure and one of them knows anubis was the god of mummification so thinks its a great idea to take the quilt out and make her a mummy ("hey jenna this one is about your size"). I'm not going to go further with that idea because it's not a good idea to visit at all, just going to throw it out there. But the trip isn't going so well probably because she wasn't willingly tripping or prepared and they decide to drive somewhere better. Don't tell me people can't drive on LSD, I've heard of that happening in Atlanta as well. You hope they don't. But anyways.

When all is better the next day she realizes that she has taken her parent's quilt and is ashamed. Knowing several people as friends with high functioning autism, shame can make them really withdraw because they don't know how to understand what people think of them, they just know they did something bad. Especially if someone tells them they did something bad. Similarly, if the one I know the best did something he thought was wrong or realized was wrong, cutting all contact would not be out of the picture. Even to the point of not turning the phone on, regardless if it breaks routines. Maybe weeks.

But with no credit card use? Phones gone? Something else is more likely to be up. She'd eventually be using money, friends don't help forever or feed you forever. If not, she's possibly hiding out with a very very sympathetic friend she's known a long time.

The ex does not sound good, have they looked into him more? Or any love interests? What are his interests? Does he like Egyptian mythology?did he just lose a job? Did he stalk her? How about neighbors at any of the places? Surely someone saw something or she screamed if she was not carried out of that house (but then why lock doors?). Druid Hills and where that house is - nice area. That wouldn't go unnoticed, neither would screaming or an argument.

as a girl, if I was searching for my family's other houses when I had an obligation, and dropped a meeting with a friend, there would be one reason: one of my crazy exes. They're on to me, and I'm trying to bail asap somewhere they can't find me. Probably panicking. Probably manage to lock doors but not turn off lights or grab chargers, that can wait. But imagine a very crazy ex who walked there several km. He's on foot and already outside. All bets are off. But like I said previously, she'd have to have made it further because neighbors would have seen something. She had another meeting or the crazy ex had her meet him. Where is the ex from - state, city? I know that was a while ago but people hold onto grudges from relationships for years.

But then the missing quilt makes no sense. So ok, if someone wanted that and was the same person who set her up to steal before. Imagine an Atlanta gangster type sitting there high "that thing is dope, when did you parents get that? I want that" but then why remove it so carefully? They'd take off with the whole thing.

is the missing suitcase only something she'd know where it was? This reminds me of when I was a kid and thought it was a brilliant plan to take suitcases with my best friend and drag them behind our bikes to get to NASA and try to be kid astronauts. Needless to say, she didn't make it out of her driveway and got spanked. Anyhow, imagine an adult version of that scenario. Someone tells her to come, and bring something as a gift. It's really important they say, or they are going on a trip. Imagine like an email prince of Nigeria scam type scenario. I can imagine my autistic friend also going for this one. Remember that even if you're high functioning you always tell the truth so you believe everyone else is, too. It's hard to take something as a joke or irony. Could also explain the quilt.

How has she made money the past months? I'll go out and say my parents are helping me through grad school expenses so that makes sense, but is it clearly enough to support all the expenses or was there likely a side job? If she did talk to her mom every day, did the mom hear her stressed or in weird environments? What was she doing with her time since losing the job?

Has anyone taken any scent dogs near any of the family apartments or her old place?

Another thought not along the trafficker route - haven't spent much time in Atlanta the past few years - are there any Jewish hate crimes or reasons she would be targeted?

All the other possibilities I'm sure are being covered by all the LE and FBI involved, but just trying to figure out what may go through her mind or other ideas.

There's always the possibility that she is reading all of this and is even more ashamed. I hope she is found soon

That is also a possibility of course NoseyNellie. I only know Atlanta by google maps. :) Is the neighborhood the girl mentioned where Jenna lived?

Yes, it is a similar area. Not far at all. Jenna was living right between those two areas (Buckhead and Midtown) that the potential roommate was looking for someone to live in with her. I live in Atlanta and also am a member of that FB housing group Jenna posted in, so I could read her posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA