GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question re the town home...it is one of the addresses that the brother (VI) discovered by messing with Google Maps' timeline feature on Jenna's phone. They seem to have had no knowledge of it until that discovery.

To answer your question re the town home...it is one of the addresses that the brother (VI) discovered by messing with Google Maps' timeline feature on Jenna's phone. They seem to have had no knowledge of it until that discovery.

Thanks. I had thought it was a property that the parents owned for some reason. Again, all the information is piling up/confusing. :tyou: If they had merely coordinates, how would they know which townhome amongst many if they had no knowledge prior. Just a townhome community, vs. an actual townhome itself with a specific address? :thinking:

Really looking forward to a timeline creation as my old brain :confused:

ETA: Here is a timeline for example that was done yesterday for another case with references http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?347730-ND-Savanna-Lafontaine-Greywind-22-Fargo-Moorhead-19-August-2017-2-*arrests*&p=13600822#post13600822

:wagon:

LSD is not that common to hear of in Atlanta, more of the meth, and the *bad* oxy stuff going around.

I like your idea of she may be ashamed, but her parents video shows they are loving and wanting her back and heartbroken, and her car hasn't been found so that leads me to think otherwise. And MSM saying that she spoke to her mom twice a day. Last night I kept thinking, perhaps she ran off the roadway somewhere, but the new info this am from VI has me reconsidering today.

As to neighbors hearing, it was at night, and air conditioners running and thick walls, and not the hood where young folks are up late at night seeing things. Going out of the hood towards Briarcliff, they would not pass any stores with surveillance. Perhaps now they have more information on when she/her phone/cars left the house to see other residential surveillance? I would :praying: flyers have been put out on the route, and LE captured all of them before overwritten.

ETA: I've never heard of a jewish hate crime in the area. The jewish community is well respected and honored in Atlanta in my opinion. Especially in the areas of town that her parents lived and her apartment, as they both border the North Druid Hills Eruv.

Georgia is a state with one of the highest varieties of hallucinogenic mushrooms for instance, growing in the wild, even within city limits. There are a lot of things floating around atlanta and access to nearly all of them is easy. Knew one Jewish kid in particular who lived alone off Briarcliff and was particularly talented in hiding what he was doing from his parents (similarly I think he even went awol from family for a few months sleeping on a couch otp to "get them off (his) back"). Juat a comparison, reminded me of him. Luckily, don't see that one on her friend's list, or any of his friends. But that being said, everything is common, everything. So friends being messed up on something? Possible. And anubis is sometimes referenced in hip hop, one of Michael Jackson's sons got a tattoo of anubis recently. Some high or not high person might have taken a liking to something with anubis on it, and a hallucinating person makes more sense to me.

Some of her facebook friends are friends of some of my friends. And I don't mean the studious nerdy ones. She has plenty of friends in circles who are wonderful people, religious people, nerds and caring souls. But there are a few whose connections I question and she either met those people through clubs or something like that. When I click their names the person we have in common is a club owner or someone. Maybe they're just party people. But regardless, I want to point that out that variety in connection and ask how she came to know those people, did she meet them at Gwinnett Tech? Has there been access to all her messages? She has to have had some form of contact with these people. Unless there was a 3rd phone? Have calls and sms been logged from both phones?

The mention of the area near Opera nightclub isn't particularly frightening. It's not an area I'd imagine anyone grabbing a girl off the street. I had walked there and back as a late teen numerous times alone. I can imagine someone like my mom thinking it isn't safe, but when I think of sketchy I think of Cheshire Bridge. Not Piedmont Park, not nightclubs in midtown. Sure it could happen but still, that area really isn't that bad. Cheshire Bridge is only a short jog away from her parent's place by car, though.

The new info with changes of cars sounds sketchy. Why did she take her car in the end? If she wasn't visiting friends who was she having to go to? Unless someone was already with her then. And that person knew which car was her's. Possessive ex. She didn't want the mom's car caught up in this. Or they didn't.

If my autistic friend had done something bad he would not be able to watch news on it. The other friend I go to school with now would feel bad for making her mom cry but would probably say something like "that's silly why is she crying?" and not connect the two immediately. It depends on the person and the autism. Also most young people who have abandoned cable like myself - wouldn't see that news online unless searching for it.

Did she have a passport? Is it missing? Did she have an Egyptian friend?

Just adding my perspective and memories of Atlanta.

Well, crap, I can't find it. Maybe I dreamed that up.
No you didnt dream it that is what was said. There could have been injections for the cat and that is no fun holding a squirming scratching biting animal.

Georgia is a state with one of the highest varieties of hallucinogenic mushrooms for instance, growing in the wild, even within city limits. There are a lot of things floating around atlanta and access to nearly all of them is easy. Knew one Jewish kid in particular who lived alone off Briarcliff and was particularly talented in hiding what he was doing from his parents (similarly I think he even went awol from family for a few months sleeping on a couch otp to "get them off (his) back"). Juat a comparison, reminded me of him. Luckily, don't see that one on her friend's list, or any of his friends. But that being said, everything is common, everything. So friends being messed up on something? Possible. And anubis is sometimes referenced in hip hop, one of Michael Jackson's sons got a tattoo of anubis recently. Some high or not high person might have taken a liking to something with anubis on it, and a hallucinating person makes more sense to me.

Some of her facebook friends are friends of some of my friends. And I don't mean the studious nerdy ones. She has plenty of friends in circles who are wonderful people, religious people, nerds and caring souls. But there are a few whose connections I question and she either met those people through clubs or something like that. When I click their names the person we have in common is a club owner or someone. Maybe they're just party people. But regardless, I want to point that out that variety in connection and ask how she came to know those people, did she meet them at Gwinnett Tech? Has there been access to all her messages? She has to have had some form of contact with these people. Unless there was a 3rd phone? Have calls and sms been logged from both phones?

The mention of the area near Opera nightclub isn't particularly frightening. It's not an area I'd imagine anyone grabbing a girl off the street. I had walked there and back as a late teen numerous times alone. I can imagine someone like my mom thinking it isn't safe, but when I think of sketchy I think of Cheshire Bridge. Not Piedmont Park, not nightclubs in midtown. Sure it could happen but still, that area really isn't that bad. Cheshire Bridge is only a short jog away from her parent's place by car, though.

The new info with changes of cars sounds sketchy. Why did she take her car in the end? If she wasn't visiting friends who was she having to go to? Unless someone was already with her then. And that person knew which car was her's. Possessive ex. She didn't want the mom's car caught up in this. Or they didn't.

If my autistic friend had done something bad he would not be able to watch news on it. The other friend I go to school with now would feel bad for making her mom cry but would probably say something like "that's silly why is she crying?" and not connect the two immediately. It depends on the person and the autism. Also most young people who have abandoned cable like myself - wouldn't see that news online unless searching for it.

Did she have a passport? Is it missing? Did she have an Egyptian friend?

Just adding my perspective and memories of Atlanta.

VI says she does have a passport, but it is parent's possession in safety deposit box :cow:

And the location is not perhaps the nightclub... just near it on the google map perhaps is why stated by VI (unless know club to mention)

I learn all the time as to autism spectrum. The family though mentions she specifically has Autism in their interview. They do not mention the differing DSM of Aspbergers.

My good neighbor's son has Aspbergers.

How Aspbergers differs from high functioning Autism, the family knows best, I'm not so clear. My friend with Aspbergers, he does not drive at the age of 25. He has been in special program for some time to be independant, including housing through the special schools that he went to in Atlanta. He now is in a program in Chicago that is specific to help those with that diagnosis be able to live independently.

That diagnosis tells me a LOT about her day to day functioning which has been underhighlighted perhaps I just didn't "get it".

For some reason, it's just hitting me now that the parents mentioned, the parents stated due to this condition how vulnerable she was, how her mother spoke to her 2x a day, but it didn't stick to top of mind for me. :doh: :doh:

Now, it sends out flags and signals today :blush:

Perhaps a third/fourth angle for a new media story Subie. An "educational" piece tied with this story with a professional spokeperson?

I was so close to it, I perhaps didn't see the forest through the trees and may others iykwim.

:heartbeat:

So updates.. long day yesterday. We managed to gain access to her email and facebook to see if we can find any clues. Nothing yet. We did have a few friends ask about the activity on her page and have let them know what was going on. The most helpful aspect so far has been Google TImeline and mapping her wearabouts to the phone logs. The tricky part right now is figuring out the last few hours before her activity ends. There is this apartment / townhome I mentioned. Still figuring out the deal with that and then I discovered that the timeline goes a bit more and shows driving from there down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club. We also know that she was in my moms cars most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone we assume) to have the cars switched

How do you know she was using her parents car all day and why was she using it? Did someone borrow her car perhaps? Then she comes back to swop cars, get the quilt and check the cat - leaves all the lights on and TV for when she is planning to come back, but she doesn't make it back again? When she sends the text saying I'm Laying down do you have a location where she is? What cell tower did that ping?

How do you know she was using her parents car all day and why was she using it? Did someone borrow her car perhaps? Then she comes back to swop cars, get the quilt and check the cat - leaves all the lights on and TV for when she is planning to come back, but she doesn't make it back again? When she sends the text saying I'm Laying down do you have a location where she is? What cell tower did that ping?

Curious to know whether Jenna was the one who sent the text. If location services were turned off around 1130pm (IIRC) & said text was sent around 2am, could it have been a 2nd person who replied so not to 'alarm' the recipient?
If this were the case, it leads me to believe the 2nd person (hypothetical) would have been someone who knew Jenna personally. Otherwise I don't think one would care who texted/responded, etc. JMO!

How does that lady know where she last used her debit card? It says three trips to the gas station in one day.
Sounds to me like she is filling up more than one vehicle. When was this? Was she caught on their cctv?

Curious to know whether Jenna was the one who sent the text. If location services were turned off around 1130pm (IIRC) & said text was sent around 2am, could it have been a 2nd person who replied so not to 'alarm' the recipient?
If this were the case, it leads me to believe the 2nd person (hypothetical) would have been someone who knew Jenna personally. Otherwise I don't think one would care who texted/responded, etc. JMO!
She apparently spoke to the friend in SC earlier in the evening and later sent that text IIRC. Is it possible she set off to drive to SC hence all the gas needed?

Sounds to me like she is filling up more than one vehicle. When was this? Was she caught on their cctv?

She apparently spoke to the friend in SC earlier in the evening and later sent that text IIRC. Is it possible she set off to drive to SC hence all the gas needed?

Very much interested in VI stating information on such, after dinner tonight, so that we can post here/discuss and map out.

Very very doubtful Shiressleuth that all the fillings were prepping for SC. Having the map and times and order of gas filling... will give a good visual if VI states info and he posts map and/or we are allowed to get information to post a map according to :tos: here.

:praying: more information from CCTV of any gas stations or fast foods that she may have visited on the 19th

A quick note on crescent and 14th. There are a few skyscrapers with offices and some resteraunts and bars. Not super sketchy at all. I've been to Opera before and while you certainly could find drugs or sex if you wanted...there's also lots of standard drinking and dancing going on. Just normal adults having night out. It looks like Opera had an event that night that started at 10pm. Perhaps that was the destination.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/b2bass-friday-august-18th-2017-atlanta-tickets-36928824107#

It feels like someone may have convinced her to run away with them or something of the sorts for a while. That would explain why the car hasn't been found. Maybe she felt the need to get away, expressed this to someone and they convinced her it was a good idea?

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much over those comments: I recall this happening in another case a while ago & it turned out to be family/LE checking the account.

Ugh! The Todd Kolhepp case. I remember that one all too well. The woman, KB, (since found alive) hadn't been heard from, but her boyfriend's FB account had activity leading us to believe they may both be alive. Unfortunately, the boyfriend was deceased, the activity, I believe, was his estranged wife having logged in to his acct. KB was held hostage in a storage container. She was rescued. Kolhepp confessed to seven murders.

Its good to see more people are getting involved on the fb page. There are comments referring to Jenna being online on fb 5 hours ago. Thats a good sign, right? :)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The VI/Jenna's brother has stated in here that the family has been able to access Jenna's Facebook account looking for clues/info. It was likely them.

Has Subie shared why he came to the house Sat morning? Did he have plans to meet up with Jenna, or did he get the impression something was wrong and showed up?

But if she was house sitting and taking care of the cat why did brother go to give the cat the meds? And check on the house? I am confused!

:bump:

Not going in super detail but the cat is 21, Jenna has a big emotional connection but she didn't want to give her the oral shots in the morning /afternoon but did want to spend the night there to keep her company and she often slept on my parents bed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

:bump:

<respectfully snipped>

Parents were on vacation last week and supposed to return this Saturday (have returned early )
Jenna was going to be staying at the house to watch the cat that she was very attached to.
She had mentioned to me as well as a vet assistant that she would be home all weekend (so the vet could help give meds to the cat)

<respectfully snipped>

From there we do not know what happened.
I came home to the house 10 am saturday to check up and give the cat her meds.
Doors locked, but inside lights on, tv on (not like her) and a painting / tapestry missing from a picture frame
Her phone chargers were at the house, but phone gone as well as purse and car.
We know she would have worked with me and the vet assistant (who didn't have a key to the house) if she had planned to leave

Has Subie shared why he came to the house Sat morning? Did he have plans to meet up with Jenna, or did he get the impression something was wrong and showed up?
Jenna was uncomfortable giving her 21 year old cat the oral medications. That is why her brother came over to do. I remember helping a friend give her cat liquid antibotics years ago. Cat fought and actually clawed her. Praying for Jenna to be safe and unharmed. Come home Jenna!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

So back when I was younger and living in Atlanta - and I checked and do have many friends of friends in common with her - some weird scenario like this would be more likely because of something like drugs. .

Druid Hills and where that house is - nice area.

How has she made money the past months? I'll go out and say my parents are helping me through grad school expenses so that makes sense, but is it clearly enough to support all the expenses or was there likely a side job? If she did talk to her mom every day, did the mom hear her stressed or in weird environments? What was she doing with her time since losing the job?

There's always the possibility that she is reading all of this and is even more ashamed. I hope she is found soon

RSBM

I too have "mutual" acquaintances on Facebook with her. IMO these people are trouble.
Add in the arrest in Fulton Co on March 29th and the fact that she is living in "THE TRIANGLE " and is easily influenced, I am scared to death for her!!! PLEASE DONT LET HER BE ANOTHER VICTIM!!!

http://justice.fultoncountyga.gov/PAJailManager/JailingSearch.aspx?ID=400

Fulton Co
Booking# 1706426

3/29/17

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...iangle-part-1-the-triangle-grows/85-415748462
4304459238f9a70f20ea79c44b207518.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RSBM

I too have "mutual" acquaintances on Facebook with her. IMO these people are trouble.
Add in the arrest in Fulton Co on March 29th and the fact that she is living in "THE TRIANGLE " and is easily influenced, I am scared to death for her!!! PLEASE DONT LET HER BE ANOTHER VICTIM!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

<Snipped by me>

Pamela-how did you come across these acquaintances?

Just curious how one crosses paths with them and if they are the type of people who would actively seek out someone like Jenna, who might be more susceptible/vulnerable to persuasion. What type of things are they involved in?

When I first read about this, I pictured Jenna at her parents' all night, watching TV and playing with the cat until something happened. I didn't initially consider that she'd be willingly involved in anything dangerous. Realizing that's a tad naive on my part.

Even though her mom said she spoke to her everyday, I'm thinking she didn't know the whole story, or maybe even half of it, because Jenna became secretive. It's scary to think that as a parent, you can do everything right and then once they leave your home as an adult, anything can happen and there's not much you can do. Mom to mom, my heart goes out to Mrs. VG right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great, especially in relation to apt/house/townhome/last on google etc.!

Not a mod, but no, information gleamed from social media comments are not allowed in this forum :moo: Especially if we are going to make a timeline and have maps :cow: . (refer to Rules thread)

That is why I'm asking our VI to say it here so we can talk about and do maps etc. ( If our VI agrees with the location information of what is in the public forum at the FB site )

HTH

ETA: I'm not telling you how to post, as that is against :tos: ... just sharing what my impressions are of :tos:

SUDIE: Can we send you the map for you to post perhaps with your approval?
I was going to suggest similar. I.e. do a timeline and send it to subie to post on here for all to see. It could go in the info thread at beginning of each thread. Has there been a LE or MSM article yet about the FBI involvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55