GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on my phone right now, which is being annoying about quoting, I'm sorry.

The blurry photo of the missing appliqué/quilt removed from frame on the wall at Jenna's parents' home, (erroneously, IMO) described as "tapestry" in most posts here and in MSM, is on Jenna's father's FB page.

The pictures of the companion pieces to the missing appliqué/quilt piece have been posted here and on the HFJ FB page.

Having googled, it looks like khayamiya could be the correct description and Wikipedia has a good explanation.

Indeed Subie-climber mentioned a name, but of course, very logical his name is modsnipped....because the guy until this moment is not officially a POI or a suspect, arrested.... If he is going to be, we have to wait on LE...please not start a public men hunt, as I'm sure you will not....

Wow LookingforDavid...what a world we are living in....so scary....It is nothing like that here in The Netherlands now, but we don't know the future. Glad your son was not killed or harmed at that point. Why is your name Looking for David, just wondering?

David Smith went missing when a friend dropped him off on a highway after an argument. A friend asked me to come on WS to see if I could find anything out. His parents are pastors and are not forthcoming with real information so very little hope of finding him safe. There is a thread for him but it is quite. BTW I was on WS many years ago but life got in the way and I only followed local cases with a private FB group for many years.

<modsnip>

Talking of J's car, when was she seen driving it last? When she arrived to homesit? When was that BTW? How do we know she didn't sell the car before the 18th?
I was at the house Friday a.m to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car there . Sorry guys I forgot I had muted this for a bit when I was working on my job hunting

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am using Tapatalk on my phone, is there a seperate thread for the timeline BOH produced or is it pinned anywhere. I need to keep refering to it [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I am using Tapatalk on my phone, is there a seperate thread for the timeline BOH produced or is it pinned anywhere. I need to keep refering to it [emoji57]

No, and no.

(Crickey I can quote again)

I was at the house Friday a.m to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car there . Sorry guys I forgot I had muted this for a bit when I was working on my job hunting

Hi Subie,

Did anyone go to your parents to administer the cats meds in the afternoon on that friday? IIRC the cat needed meds in the am and pm?

Hi Subie,

Did anyone go to your parents to administer the cats meds in the afternoon on that friday? IIRC the cat needed meds in the am and pm?

Yes, meds were given that afternoon. The vet assistant came by around 2pm I believe. He did not have a key to the house either so Jenna had to be there to let him in.

Yes, meds were given that afternoon. The vet assistant came by around 2pm I believe. He did not have a key to the house either so Jenna had to be there to let him in.

Is there any more developments on the case? Soooo many hows and whys :( nothing is clear. Are you able to fill in any gaps. Im keeping watch on the fb page and its good that Jenna's face is getting out there and more people are wanting to help :)

Is there any more developments on the case? Soooo many hows and whys :( nothing is clear. Are you able to fill in any gaps. Im keeping watch on the fb page and its good that Jenna's face is getting out there and more people are wanting to help :)

Unfortunately nothing more. There has been a lot of activity the past few days with the LE but they are not sharing any developments with us.

I've been to a lot of electronic music events and can't imagine someone bringing a quilt or piece of tapestry to one. That would be weird and out of place. JMO

depends if it is a festival or an event. At the festivals there are all sorts of quilts and tapestries. I've seen people at events of bigger artists (e.g. Deadmau5) with their own renditions of mouse heads. A bit of a strange theory though, sure, and not that famous of an artist for that -
I was more thinking it would be someone that knew the music or the artist and wanted to show them something in person to make them look cool. But no, I don't think they'd bring something specifically to the show itself just to have.

Am I right in thinking that the meds were twice a day? If so, who gave them Friday night? Edited to add: ok, vet assistant gave them at 2, so Jenna was presumably home, but has anyone talked to him about what she and the house seemed like?

The photo of the missing piece is from her father's Facebook page, and he does refer to it as "khayamiya or tentmakers of cairo quilt". I've been looking online and can't find any exactly like it--not so much looking for the missing one as trying to find a photo of one with the same or extremely similar design so that it could be posted. I can make out three figures on the left half, the first two very closely spaced.

I assume he has been spoken to. Would he have been the last 'official' person to have seen her then? There is lots of hearsay about meeting/not meeting people but the vet assistant was a definite. How come the vet assistant didnt return on the saturday? Sorry for all the questions [emoji19]

I assume he has been spoken to. Would he have been the last 'official' person to have seen her then? There is lots of hearsay about meeting/not meeting people but the vet assistant was a definite. How come the vet assistant didnt return on the saturday? Sorry for all the questions [emoji19]

He tried to but the door was locked and had tried to call Jenna to see where she was . She had told both of us she was going to be around all weekend .

He tried to but the door was locked and had tried to call Jenna to see where she was . She had told both of us she was going to be around all weekend .

But you knew she was missing the Saturday morning so you knew by then the quilt was gone and house in disarray and her car gone. You didn't just leave it all and lock the door back up surely?

But you knew she was missing the Saturday morning so you knew by then the quilt was gone and house in disarray and her car gone. You didn't just leave it all and lock the door back up surely?
We didn't know that morning she was missing for sure . I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in . Came by the house and she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand. It wasn't until that night when I was at a wedding that we realized something was wrong.
My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead.
Sunday they helped me (from Canada) to being the process of the missing persons report. It was on Sunday also that I had just noticed the tapestry missing.

We didn't know that morning she was missing for sure . I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in . Came by the house and she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand. It wasn't until that night when I was at a wedding that we realized something was wrong.
My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead.
Sunday they helped me (from Canada) to being the process of the missing persons report. It was on Sunday also that I had just noticed the tapestry missing.

Are you able to elaborate on the reports of 'disarray' other than the tapestry missing?

Are you able to elaborate on the reports of 'disarray' other than the tapestry missing?

It was just the Tapestry. She had some friends over for a small get together I believe Thursday night and didn't clean up the rooms upstairs. This info came out later from a friend that was over there . Right now we know of Jenna and 2 others that were at the house for sure that night . Trying to find out who else may have been there.

Been lurking for a while, and new to WS. I live in Atlanta, not far from the area of the parents' house, and I work at Emory University, which is only about a block away from the parents' house. Just wanted to reiterate that it's surprising that there hasn't been much media coverage. Heard about her disappearance through my mom group on Facebook and subsequently someone posted a link here, which I've been following. Wanted to let subie and family know that there are folks out there trying to keep up and look out for her and keeping his family in their thoughts and prayers.

Not sure if this is relevant, but it seems like everything might be relevant at this point. Emory students started back to school on 8/23. A lot of students were moving in the end of the week prior and over that weekend. There would have been a lot more activity than normal with families moving in, parties thrown by returning students (??), etc. Neighbors in the area that might have seen something or head something "out of the ordinary" may have just written it off as being "normal" return to school activity and not paid as much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member