GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes lollgag, but it's not appropriate to name this person here (as you can understand) I'm sure a lot of sleuthers can "dig" up a lot about this person...and we will, but we are going to send the information to the tip line mentioned by subie.
WE sleuthers have no evidence to support that this guy has anything to do it with it so i dont suppose you can dig up information and send it as a tip surely? I would think a 'tip' would be some sort of evidence to back up the theory he had something to do with Jennas disappearence?
As per Subie, the man is their suspect based on his statements not adding up.
We can do all the digging we like but at this stage i dont suppose we can put any tips in? All the info we have is ALL from friends or family and LE has not released anything.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Hey guys sorry for the absence this week. Been trying to refocus on my own job search.

We have a persons of interest. He is the last person to see her that Friday night and his stories keep changing on when and where he saw her and has previously been at the house and driven Jenna's car according to friends. <modsnip>
We have an email tip line as well
FindJennaNow@gmail.com

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

:thinking:

And also, perhaps contact LE as a consideration for documentation (which is important if prosecution) in addition? :moo:

People with information or tips about Jenna Van Gelderen's whereabouts can contact DeKalb Police at 770-724-7475

Oh Jenna, I pray you are all right and no foul play, but I am getting increasingly more worried as each day without you passes.
Thank y'all for the very detailed posts, good reads here, I hope leads to Jenna.

If anyone who is involved with Jenna missing and is reading here, please do the right thing and contact the family (Leon, aka Subie_Climber), the PI or LE. Her family needs to know if she is alright and where she is.

I'm curious about pros and cons of mentioning the identity of a person of interest prior to any formal charge. Will it prompt that person to act (skip town, etc.)? If so would that be a sign of guilt?

I can't imagine the restraint it takes for a family to think they might have the person who has the answers to finding their loved one. I couldn't contain myself, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With timelines, is there any protocol for modifications? I cleaned it up a bit but will wait to post until we get the ok. Some thoughts:

I'm not sure who has seen the admittedly blurry photograph of the actual missing table runner. I think people are getting caught up in the similar end table covers that have been posted.

Per the facebook post of the family friend (which I think her brother has confirmed?), she was at the gas station at Lavista and Cheshire Bridge around 11PM.

If this guy they're looking for is townhouse guy, that explains why we're all so confused about their interactions that night--the story has changed. The only address I see associated with him online is not in Midtown, but in the West End, if it's ok to post that.

Could anyone point me to the post that makes reference to Jenna enquiring about a new place to live on a facebook group. Pretty please :)

I cant find it on my phone app

Could anyone point me to the post that makes reference to Jenna enquiring about a new place to live on a facebook group. Pretty please :)

I cant find it on my phone app

Here you go:

FWIW Jenna is a member (since August 14th) of the Atlanta House Search FB group. A girl is posting on that on July 27th this year. The woman/girl is asking for a roommate

"I'm looking for a roommate and want to live in the buckhead or midtown area. Looking to move early September! My budget is up to $1200."

Jenna reacted on this post on August 14th of this year with: Message me <name> ASAP

I don't know how to put the post here or if this is allowed per privacy law. Don't want to drag somebody into this, if you know what I mean.

Looks like me that she had/wanted to move out the place she lived and based on the fact the woman wanted to move in September she didn't had the intention at that point to leave the city on her own account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1200 seems like a huge budget. Maybe I'm jaded bc I live in a high cost area and can't imagine paying $1200/mo on rent while working as a cashier but I have very little knowledge of Atlanta cost of living.

Just wanted to interupt the talk for a sec.
I was discussing Jenna's dissapearance with hubby. He listens to the news on the radio an hour into work and an hour or so back driving into the Marietta/Atlanta area. Often he will mention a missing person being discussed on the radio.
Sadly, he doesn't recall hearing about Jenna. Not sure why.

Still hoping and praying she is found safe.

Could someone who liked his music thought the quilt was a good gift? Here's a link with a description of DJ Ra from 2014 http://atlanta.eventful.com/events/basscollision-atl-locals-house-w-dj-ra-zubah-/E0-001-071748140-5 and here's the Facebook event https://m.facebook.com/events/28627...gglMAA&usg=AFQjCNGLwLMV41cYxJpMYSWpHbCtI6F53A

without getting into ANY details the friends another user and I were concered about attend shows at venues the promoters he is listed as connected to manage or run. The other user can verify this. So I'm just throwing out that as a possibility: friends want to go to this show, want to take the quilt to show. I don't know, it doesn't explain all things but still want to present the idea.

None of the links that the dj can control are currently working --- FB, SoundCloud. I assume they were working when you posted this, FrozenPeach? Oh, and the last public post on the official FB page is from 2014, unless I'm completely missing something or looking at the wrong page.

About the google timeline in google maps....what if you take a phone and just drive around would it mark this places and make every thing confusing, if this info is found? Also you can add the timeline by yourself.... could somebody messed things up as a decoy? What if somebody else than Jenna did this, using her phone and afterward dispose of it? Or is this a stupid question, me not understanding how this Google timeline works.

About the google timeline in google maps....what if you take a phone and just drive around would it mark this places and make every thing confusing, if this info is found? Also you can add the timeline by yourself.... could somebody messed things up as a decoy? What if somebody else than Jenna did this, using her phone and afterward dispose of it? Or is this a stupid question, me not understanding how this Google timeline works.
She wpuld have to have her account linked up and location settings on [emoji848]
7d966ef806bf026b413508c8d2863c8b.jpg

Also confused about using the words home, apartment, house, townhouse in different posts....without an address to label them, it is very confusing.

None of the links that the dj can control are currently working --- FB, SoundCloud. I assume they were working when you posted this, FrozenPeach? Oh, and the last public post on the official FB page is from 2014, unless I'm completely missing something or looking at the wrong page.

https://soundcloud.com/powerofra soundcloud
that event I was referring to at Opera on the 18th he played at is here https://www.facebook.com/events/213715775825073/
here is a more recent news article about him and his music since the last one isn't working
http://electronicflow.com/2017/05/10/ra-releases-beautiful-new-track-titled-awakening/

note than NONE of this is supposed to in any way implicate the DJ or any event attendees in any way. It is merely to provide speculation as to anything related to events with Egyptian themes that might be a reason someone might take a tapestry or quilt somewhere, and this is the only one I can find thus far.

Also, the direction this is currently taking is not in the direction of anything near the associated nightclubs like previously thought -or- the electronic music scene at all, it was only one thing going on in Atlanta out of many, but happened to have an Egyptian artist at it

https://soundcloud.com/powerofra soundcloud
that event I was referring to at Opera on the 18th he played at is here https://www.facebook.com/events/213715775825073/
here is a more recent news article about him and his music since the last one isn't working
http://electronicflow.com/2017/05/10/ra-releases-beautiful-new-track-titled-awakening/

note than NONE of this is supposed to in any way implicate the DJ or any event attendees in any way. It is merely to provide speculation as to anything related to events with Egyptian themes that might be a reason someone might take a tapestry or quilt somewhere, and this is the only one I can find thus far.

Also, the direction this is currently taking is not in the direction of anything near the associated nightclubs like previously thought -or- the electronic music scene at all, it was only one thing going on in Atlanta out of many, but happened to have an Egyptian artist at it

I've been to a lot of electronic music events and can't imagine someone bringing a quilt or piece of tapestry to one. That would be weird and out of place. JMO

It seems to me the timings of the gas station final visit and the time J was heading home according to a friend were around 11/11.30 p.m. and with a male passenger. It is likely something happened between that time and the 2/2.30 p.m. text to the SC friend. The mothers car was returned undamaged and the front seats were left as if J had driven and the taller male was the passenger. By the next day, the male passenger, J, her car, the tapestry and a suitcase were all missing from the house and with the house in disarray yet the door was deadlocked from outside.
If it can be established if/when J spoke to her SC friend that night and what was said, and how soon after the conversation the laying down text was then sent, it may be possible for LE to determine the location of the phone during the hours 11.00 p.m. till 2.30 a.m. and trace the vehicle on cctv. They may of course have already done this and be following leads. I hope there is more positive info forthcoming from LE in the next day or so. JMO

I took all the locations mentioned in the comments of this link and mapped it. If you drove to all these locations it would only take 50 minutes to an hour. Relatively close and local to her parents home.

I would consider finding out if a person owns all these gas stations. I had a friend who's family owned several stations. He managed them and went to each everyday to see what was going on.

Possible that she knows this person and drove them around to the locations and had lunch during the drive. IMO

Very interesting comments with locations...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=113846059289672&id=112894369384841&ref=content_filter
e1fe484d57941bae8406a40ad5e91196.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
Am bumping Henry's map and a post I made as both are still relevant I believe.

With timelines, is there any protocol for modifications? I cleaned it up a bit but will wait to post until we get the ok. Some thoughts:

I'm not sure who has seen the admittedly blurry photograph of the actual missing table runner. I think people are getting caught up in the similar end table covers that have been posted.

Per the facebook post of the family friend (which I think her brother has confirmed?), she was at the gas station at Lavista and Cheshire Bridge around 11PM.

If this guy they're looking for is townhouse guy, that explains why we're all so confused about their interactions that night--the story has changed. The only address I see associated with him online is not in Midtown, but in the West End, if it's ok to post that.

Thank you for this post...I don't know of any protocol about timelines. I tried to do the timeline as neutral as possible and trying to avoid problems with peoples privacy and laws. Most info in the timeline is coming from the posts of subie-climber (VI- brother), so said by him, witch is not a 100 guaranteed complete story (sorry, don't want to be nasty, just realistic) but we have to go by the idea that he is sincere and truthful. I guess what I did is ok...otherwise a mod would have taken it away.

Where did you get the blurred photo of the actual missing tapestry from? I could add it in my timeline I guess, if you want me to.

About the gas station info. I think it's ok info, I don't think you make that up and put it on a Facebook page just like that. I'm just not sure if it's allowed to use that. Probably I can by quoting it...?

There is indeed some mixing up about who is who....statements from friends, townhouse guy, roommate. It's unclear who is referred to in some posts (so also in my timeline) and if this could be/is the same person.

That's the first time I've seen that photo. TY for posting. We can't post details of a POI unless LE or MSM have put it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member