GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can really say right now is that I met with them on Monday including the Chief with our P.I. They had a huge binder for this case, but could not tell me much at all. Part of the issue is that we dont think they consider her missing. They asked me if she had any cash lying around from her incident earlier this year and may have just decided to off the grid and live on her own or lay low for a bit.

My dad put pressure on the Chief as to why they never fingerprinted my moms car or the house and Thursday they finally did come to do so, but will not tell us what they have found. Only that it may be too late for that. Well duh..

Shocking!!!! Seems a quite sarcastically question to me if cash was lying around....hmmmmm

He still is in our minds as his story keeps changing.
I do not know about the police though ... Another thing they won't discuss with us .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Have you tried revisiting local media for follow up stories? Maybe let reporters ask the police questions. You and your family seem to be bearing the brunt of everything. Maybe some pressure needs to be put on other people.

If police seem to think she left willingly on her own, where's their evidence? They can't just not do their job based on a hunch. If it turns out that she didn't, we'll all be calling the media. Taxpayers in DeKalb Co. would find it newsworthy that if a loved one goes missing, they shouldn't expect a serious response from their police department.

Is it typical for LE to hold back so much info from a MPs family? I am surprised they don't seem to be sharing much of anything with Jenna's family. Is this the norm?

Is it typical for LE to hold back so much info from a MPs family? I am surprised they don't seem to be sharing much of anything with Jenna's family. Is this the norm?
I would like.to know on this. My dad is working with Fulton / Atlanta police to get more going on this

Have you tried revisiting local media for follow up stories? Maybe let reporters ask the police questions. You and your family seem to be bearing the brunt of everything. Maybe some pressure needs to be put on other people.

If police seem to think she left willingly on her own, where's their evidence? They can't just not do their job based on a hunch. If it turns out that she didn't, we'll all be calling the media. Taxpayers in DeKalb Co. would find it newsworthy that if a loved one goes missing, they shouldn't expect a serious response from their police department.

I contacted media, and their response was they need new information from LE or family to run a story, and don't have such at this time (paraphrasing)

I contacted media, and their response was they need new information from LE or family to run a story, and don't have such at this time (paraphrasing)
I assumed this would be the case. :/

I assumed this would be the case. :/

Hi Subie,

How about giving the media more info leading up to her disappearance i.e a rough timeline if events and why it is out of character. The more they believe it is out of character then the more seriously they will take it.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any news stations on camera or the AJC report on the reward offer. That's new.

The local Patch, no disrespect, does not have the reach that is needed.

A follow up is just that. It doesn't have to be earth shattering, imo.

Also saying "still looking" is better than nothing. Any publicity is better than no publicity when people out there could have info or be looking for a vehicle/person. Staying top of mind is important, imo.

What about a story that includes some friends who are working on a search or putting up flyers? They could give more info about Jenna's character to counter some of the negative info initially put out.

Ooh, I know. Maybe include an update and info about how mistaken identity can affect the outcome of a missing person case. Such as, telling a family she's found then not found. How does this affect the attention given from the public and how could this create confusion and delays?

The squeaky wheel ...

I think Jenna is in trouble with LE.
This could be why they are so quiet.
Jmo

Where did she get money to live if she had no job.

I think Jenna is in trouble with LE.
This could be why they are so quiet.
Jmo

Where did she get money to live if she had no job.
Great question, one which we still don't know. The only income we knew of was babysitting for her friend. I remember early August she mentioned beginning to look at nanny and dog sitting sites as well but never had anything lined up

Great question, one which we still don't know. The only income we knew of was babysitting for her friend. I remember early August she mentioned beginning to look at nanny and dog sitting sites as well but never had anything lined up

Dont you find that odd?
She had to get money from someone or somewhere. You cant live on zero dollars.
She stole from one employer. Ill bet she stole from others.

I think shes in hiding . And someone knows where.

Jmvio

Dont you find that odd?
She had to get money from someone or somewhere. You cant live on zero dollars.
She stole from one employer. Ill bet she stole from others.

I think shes in hiding . And someone knows where.

Jmvio
I do.
Our speculation was that someone put her up to stealing that money back in feb, she gave said person the money and in return had some of her bills paid.

I think she could have been drug running for someone and got in trouble. Two phones, no income, easily influenced all point to her being used. The person listed on the Find Jenna page seems to have some criminal background. It is possible that the police know more but can't say because they have a CI in the drug world and can't risk his cover right now and without a doubt they know that you are speaking out on forums and newspapers. Not that you shouldn't but it is better for the family not to know everything.

I do.
Our speculation was that someone put her up to stealing that money back in feb, she gave said person the money and in return had some of her bills paid.

Was she living with this person.

I do.

Wouldnt she have just stolen bits here and there to pay her bills?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I don't quite understand why the various illegal occupations have been suggested for J without any evidence. It has been suggested prostitution, drug running, stealing and I am getting a bit fed up with it actually. There is no record for any of these convictions and being unemployed does not mean illegal income or activity.

:moo: :cow:

What are the FBI saying?

I think (hope) she is hiding. Sounds like she got mixed up in some shady dealings and is scared of getting in trouble. The fact that she was on English ave leads me to believe there are drugs involved. Would also explain LE not actively pursuing this. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't quite understand why the various illegal occupations have been suggested for J without any evidence. It has been suggested prostitution, drug running, stealing and I am getting a bit fed up with it actually. There is no record for any of these convictions and being unemployed does not mean illegal income or activity.

:moo: :cow:

What are the FBI saying?
I think its been said she stole large sums of money from employer....
How does one pay bills with no job?
Gas for car?
Food?

I think its been said she stole large sums of money from employer....
How does one pay bills with no job?
Gas for car?
Food?
She doesn't have a conviction for theft or any of these things. She may have savings. Subie is unemployed but nobody is accusing him of illegal activity. Its not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!