GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot was going on that day and night, with multiple stops.

If rereading Subie's post, it sounds like he is looking at the Google timeline in reference to the English Ave area stop at 10.

Maybe it's off. When I used the timeline, the locations were very accurate, but how reliable is that info?

The townhome behind her apartment is a separate stop, I think, later. He said he wasn't sure if she used it as a reference point to get back to her apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe she was just picking something up/dropping something off since it was only 5-6 minutes.

She could have stopped to use her phone or anything. This is a Google timeline being talked about not witnessed by anyone. It is acknowledged they can be out. My location is off by 150 miles sometimes so this is not confirmed or reliable unless a debit card transaction (for example) backs it up. To suggest drug running from a 5 minute unconfirmed stop is ludicrous IMO.

Well it seems i ended up in the direct path of Irma. It had to turn and come up the gulf. Coming right at us. Going to be a long weekend.

Jmo
I think they will find Jenna.

I was just offering an example of why LE wasn't talking. There are a few things that lead to the possibility of Jenna being involved with some things that aren't so good. I am not judging but she did steal money although we don't know the circumstances behind it. If Jenna is on the spectrum which her family has indicated there are things that she could be pressured to do for "love or whatever". She was wanting to get back with an old boyfriend. Maybe another guy decided she was an easy target. I believe this is a judgement free zone and we all just want Jenna home. I'm involved with LE so I understand why sometimes families aren't told everything. That was my reasoning for mentioning the drug angle.
We don't know the circumstances. It could have been extortion or blackmail- she has not been convicted of theft so we cannot say that imo.

Well it seems i ended up in the direct path of Irma. It had to turn and come up the gulf. Coming right at us. Going to be a long weekend.

Jmo

Oh are you evacuating? Stay safe.

Hope they find J safe - I can agree with that.

Oh are you evacuating? Stay safe.

Hope they find J safe - I can agree with that.

No where to go really.
All boarded up.
Lots of food but if we loose power it could be out for weeks.
Dosent look good.
The entire state is getting hi

I think she is safe and hiding.

Jmo

Hope you stay safe, Eileen!

She could have stopped to use her phone or anything. This is a Google timeline being talked about not witnessed by anyone. It is acknowledged they can be out. My location is off by 150 miles sometimes so this is not confirmed or reliable unless a debit card transaction (for example) backs it up. To suggest drug running from a 5 minute unconfirmed stop is ludicrous IMO.

Yes, she could have also stopped at the gas station on the corner. It's conditional, just as she "could" have done other things. We are all speculating everything until something is confirmed as fact.

I don't think any of us want to tarnish the reputation of someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

This site creates a forum for "what-ifs" and I don't think - especially with the info that's been mentioned by her own family member - it's out of line to contemplate - without judgement - all scenarios. I think we understand that it isn't factual and we all want to see Jenna home with her family.

Atlanta local here. The area of Northside/North (English Ave that people keep mentioning) is an area I drive through all the time, and do not think of as a weird/dangerous place to be driving around. Close to there are some of the trendiest areas of Atlanta (Westside Provisions, The Optimist, Howell Mill area) that easily attract a young crowd out for dinner/drinks on a weekend night. This area used to be considered very dangerous... But all of that has been changing over the last few years. Also with the new stadium, that area is a major backroad to get around highway traffic. There is a gas station right at that intersection I've stopped at before at night to get gas and didn't feel in danger. It's plenty busy. As long as Jenna was in a car and not on foot in that area at night, there is no immediate cause for alarm.

Atlanta local here. The area of Northside/North (English Ave that people keep mentioning) is an area I drive through all the time, and do not think of as a weird/dangerous place to be driving around. Close to there are some of the trendiest areas of Atlanta (Westside Provisions, The Optimist, Howell Mill area) that easily attract a young crowd out for dinner/drinks on a weekend night. This area used to be considered very dangerous... But all of that has been changing over the last few years. Also with the new stadium, that area is a major backroad to get around highway traffic. There is a gas station right at that intersection I've stopped at before at night to get gas and didn't feel in danger. It's plenty busy. As long as Jenna was in a car and not on foot in that area at night, there is no immediate cause for alarm.
Thank you for clarifying this, Infinite . Local knowledge is important and very helpful.

I'm also local and have to disagree. As I mentioned earlier the area along northside is fine enough. I too have gassed up at the chevron at northside and north ave. and felt safe enough. I also think it's fine to go down Joseph e lowery or some of the larger roads with the doors locked. But if you head down the side streets of English avenue it is NOT safe. You only go there for drugs. It's like a drive thru for heroin. The trendy west midtown areas are certainly only a hop skip and a jump away...but English avenue is not the same as west midtown. I guess what I'm trying to say is that just a few streets over from an area that's fine enough...you hit one of the most dangerous in the city...and this part has not changed or gentrified at all. So it just depends on if she ventured off the main juncture or not...

English ave? I've never heard of that street or seen reference. Link or refresher on what/where that is in reference to?
Here is a "tour" of The Bluff in Atlanta -- it includes English Ave -- unbelievable. If anyone wandered in there, not knowing the area, it would be immediately dangerous, IMO, and someone in trouble might not know a way out of there. It's prolly 1--2 miles away from downtown Atlanta. SMH.
[video=youtube;kQhSl23J3F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQhSl23J3F0[/video]

I'm also local and have to disagree. As I mentioned earlier the area along northside is fine enough. I too have gassed up at the chevron at northside and north ave. and felt safe enough. I also think it's fine to go down Joseph e lowery or some of the larger roads with the doors locked. But if you head down the side streets of English avenue it is NOT safe. You only go there for drugs. It's like a drive thru for heroin. The trendy west midtown areas are certainly only a hop skip and a jump away...but English avenue is not the same as west midtown. I guess what I'm trying to say is that just a few streets over from an area that's fine enough...you hit one of the most dangerous in the city...and this part has not changed or gentrified at all. So it just depends on if she ventured off the main juncture or not...

Local here as well and I agree. Not trying to victim bash at all. Just looking at the facts and the fact that Jenna was easily manipulated, according to her family. I think Jenna is a victim regardless of whether or not she was involved in anything shady. And I'm not saying she was. Just my opinion. Sending thoughts and prayers to your family, Subie.

Local here as well and I agree. Not trying to victim bash at all. Just looking at the facts and the fact that Jenna was easily manipulated, according to her family. I think Jenna is a victim regardless of whether or not she was involved in anything shady. And I'm not saying she was. Just my opinion. Sending thoughts and prayers to your family, Subie.

Ok so if the locals can't agree on the area, the rest of us have no chance. Anyway, whatever she was there for, it was supposedly only 10.p.m. and reportedly she had interactions with others after that.
10 p.m. she was near English ave for 5-6 minutes but also reportedly texting and meeting the POI at his home some distance away then arranging to meet the town home guy (near her apt) for later on but not turning up. So if those reports are correct she went missing then or decided she didn't want to meet the town home guy. Then she spoke to the SC friend. This is important I think. Talking to the friend may be why she decided not to meet the town home guy. Or the friend may know whether she did meet him or not. There is then a gap till the "laying down" text is sent at 02.30. She must have headed home because her mother's car was there the next day. So where did she go? We now know there was no disarray as such and the khasamiya may have gone missing previously e.g. on the Thursday perhaps. Presumably, the garage ( where the mothers car is usually parked) has been checked/searched and the whole of the garden too? (Am thinking Helen Bailey finally being found in the garage cesspit with her little dog ). Once everything has been double and triple checked, then go over it all again. Rinse and repeat. AJMO.

Have you tried revisiting local media for follow up stories? Maybe let reporters ask the police questions. You and your family seem to be bearing the brunt of everything. Maybe some pressure needs to be put on other people.

If police seem to think she left willingly on her own, where's their evidence? They can't just not do their job based on a hunch. If it turns out that she didn't, we'll all be calling the media. Taxpayers in DeKalb Co. would find it newsworthy that if a loved one goes missing, they shouldn't expect a serious response from their police department.
This would be a good opportunity to put folks on the lookout for her car in the parking lots. More people than usual will likely be watching local media in the next few days.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Also a local and agree. Not trying to over dramatize at all. People who live here understand how quickly you can go from a nice area to a bad one.

I worked in the westside for years before it got trendy. No, I didn't fear for my life. It is still transitional and a few streets in the wrong direction you will notice. That's how it is all over this city. Time of day is important. I wouldn't hang around off the main drag at night.

If she was just tanking up at the corner Chevron, not a big deal. If she was stopping at someone's house down there, something else.

I think we were asked to elaborate on why the English Ave area is considered bad and that's how we got to this discussion. No one knows what she was doing there, of course.

Jmo
Yikes! Be careful!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

So has anyone considered. with all of her running around-here, there, over yonder, back to her parents...NEEDING HELP FINDING HER APT..which I don't get..perhaps misworded as much of this other info has been..is there water in the area? is there any ravines or steep inclines that her car could have gone off of?

Is it common for her to have people over for a 'get together' at her parents and leave a mess upstairs? Is upstairs the bedrooms? Like her two or three guests slept over?

Then the next day she is seen with a man? She was googling and driving to a different address of another man? Was going to meet another man for coffee/food at 10pm? And then there is another man who did not want her at his apartment but he went somewhere and met her briefly? :eek:hwow::desert:

IMOO There is just a whole great big bag of cotton balls in this whole thing.

I think "the locals" are all for the most part agreeing that English Ave is unsafe and it's a huge deal if she was hanging out there. I think Cheshire was agreeing with my post about disagreeing with Infinite. The wording was just confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!