GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "the locals" are all for the most part agreeing that English Ave is unsafe and it's a huge deal if she was hanging out there. I think Cheshire was agreeing with my post about disagreeing with Infinite. The wording was just confusing.

Yes, I was agreeing with you that area is unsafe. Sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing to note. Traffic on the 18th on the interstate was absolutely horrific in Atlanta because of all the ppl leaving town to go to north ga to see the full eclipse. After getting stuck in it that afternoon I avoided it at all costs. So she could have easily taken northside drive to get to the south west Atlanta apartment Subie mentions...to avoid the interstate (insterstate on a normal day is the fastest way to get south of the city normally). Perhaps she never strayed from northside drive and did not enter English Ave...

Well it seems i ended up in the direct path of Irma. It had to turn and come up the gulf. Coming right at us. Going to be a long weekend.

Jmo
I think they will find Jenna.

I was wondering about your location. Lock up tight and get to a safe area in your house. Thinking about ya, WS pal :hug:.

Also a local and agree. Not trying to over dramatize at all. People who live here understand how quickly you can go from a nice area to a bad one.

I worked in the westside for years before it got trendy. No, I didn't fear for my life. It is still transitional and a few streets in the wrong direction you will notice. That's how it is all over this city. Time of day is important. I wouldn't hang around off the main drag at night.

If she was just tanking up at the corner Chevron, not a big deal. If she was stopping at someone's house down there, something else.

I think we were asked to elaborate on why the English Ave area is considered bad and that's how we got to this discussion. No one knows what she was doing there, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the original question was from me.

Where did this talk about English Avenue come from ...what is the reference ..I've never heard about it before on this thread and all of a sudden we're discussing it from nowhere and no reference?

Bentley...Refer to post 894...The brother wrote comments into a list of questions. He says she may have been there...

So has anyone considered. with all of her running around-here, there, over yonder, back to her parents...NEEDING HELP FINDING HER APT..which I don't get..perhaps misworded as much of this other info has been..is there water in the area? is there any ravines or steep inclines that her car could have gone off of?

Is it common for her to have people over for a 'get together' at her parents and leave a mess upstairs? Is upstairs the bedrooms? Like her two or three guests slept over?

Then the next day she is seen with a man? She was googling and driving to a different address of another man? Was going to meet another man for coffee/food at 10pm? And then there is another man who did not want her at his apartment but he went somewhere and met her briefly? :eek:hwow::desert:

IMOO There is just a whole great big bag of cotton balls in this whole thing.

BBM. Subie was saying she "searched" on google maps the address of the townhouse behind her apartment. She could've searched that address to get directions to her apartment rather than actually going to the townhouse. Some people use GPS religiously when they drive, even to make the same drive they make daily. I'm pretty sure he was saying that even though the townhouse address was searched, he is not sure that was her destination because that is impossible to know at this point. Perhaps a bit farfetched seeing as she could just GPS to her actual apartment address, but wise not to rule anything out IMO. I've followed Subie's posts pretty easily especially considering how much overwhelming stress he must be under. Thanks for being here, Subie. I really hope Jenna turns up soon.

Is the English Ave. area unsafe as in it has high murder/rape/assault rates, or just robbery/drug type of crimes? I know in my city people always say the westend is "dangerous" but it actually is very safe, it just has a lot of break ins and drug sales. People very rarely get physically injured.

Bently- above is the mentioned quote regarding English Ave area.

It says she stopped for 5-6 minutes. Doesn't sound like a drive-through. It sounds like a stop.

Thanks..I was so busy with the questions that I just missed the part about the English Ave stop......

Well it seems i ended up in the direct path of Irma. It had to turn and come up the gulf. Coming right at us. Going to be a long weekend.

Jmo
I think they will find Jenna.

Stay safe.

Yes. People are murdered often in the English Ave area. Drugs and gang activity don't mix. They have a problem with dead bodies being dumped in the abandoned houses.

Yes. People are murdered often in the English Ave area. Drugs and gang activity don't mix. They have a problem with dead bodies being dumped in the abandoned houses.

Thank you for the local insight. Scary :(

No proof of this occurring, but I'm curious. Are gas stations common places for small drug deals to occur? If not, how do they come about? Does the dealer usually go to buyer's place or vice versa? Or is there a person who is the intermediary who loads up and meets buyers in misc places? I'm clueless.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Then the next day she is seen with a man? She was googling and driving to a different address of another man? Was going to meet another man for coffee/food at 10pm? And then there is another man who did not want her at his apartment but he went somewhere and met her briefly? :eek:hwow::desert:

IMOO There is just a whole great big bag of cotton balls in this whole thing.

Yepppp. The whole thing seems to get more confusing every time there is 'new information'. :findinglink:

Anyway, back to lurking, but I do hope she is found safe.

:fence:

How did you find out that she stopped for 5-6 minutes?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That question is for subie. Im having probs linking posts on the mobile app.

We know Friday night she had been in contact with this person's of interest via texting / calling / and seeing him. According to him she came to his apartment. Approx 10 pm In what part of the city is this? Is it consistent with the info you found through Google maps?

It is not, All I can say right now is that the area she was at on the Timeline for that time frame does not line up with the address that our P.I and Police have for him. She stopped in the Area of English Avenue (North and Northside Drive) for about 5-6 minutes around 10pm. From what I know the P.I and Police have him located further south of the city right below I20. I do not have anymore info on this at this point

We know a little after this she has gone to that Wendys. Then back to either her apartment or this town home I mentioned earlier . It is right behind her apartment. Could be Google error According to all the info gathered one questions is sticking out; did she or did she not go to this so called townhome. I also thought that you were very sure that she was in her own apartment. Are you saying you are not sure now, because Google maps could either point to her own apartment or this townhome, being so close together. Are there statements from either her roommate of the town-home guy that could clear that up? If they are not lying....

We do not know for sure. We know she specifically searched for that town home address that Wednesday and when I search more on her timeline that is the address that shows up (not her apt specifically) . It is a gated community (townhome) but it is literally behind her apt. Police were supposed to check out this and inform us, but have not heard anymore. She could have visited this address or she could have just used it as a reference to get to her apt, we just do not know.

With regards to the gas stations...I am miffed on this one...have not figured this one out yet

Hi Subie, you say Jenna was specifically searched for that townhome address that Wednesday....Is that a typo? I thought she was looking this address up on Friday 18th?

Hi Subie, you say Jenna was specifically searched for that townhome address that Wednesday....Is that a typo? I thought she was looking this address up on Friday 18th?
And why would she search for an address right behind her own apartment?

I meant to say 'is there any reason why...' i didnt mean to sound so accusatory [emoji85]

Me nagging about details....

Brothercalled at around 9:30 to Jenna. Withcellular phone, number house parent? goes to parents house, arrivesthere at 10.30 am (Post brother nr. 162 ), to give the cat meds. (from flyerand posts brother 34) I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang thenwent to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in. Came by the house and shewas not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand.Was there a problem with thevet, why was the vet not coming as scheduled, instead brother came? How come the vet assistant didn&#8217;t return onthe saturday? He <thevet> tried to but the door was locked and had tried to call Jenna tosee where she was . She had told both of us she was going to be around allweekend. Post by brother 823. We didn't know that morning she was missing forsure . My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn'table to get in and her phone was now dead. At 9:30 when brother called thephone rang and then went to voicemail. Somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 the vetmust have come to the house, called parents and brother because Jenna wasn&#8217;tthere, he couldn&#8217;t get in and her phone was dead! So no voicemail anymore? Laterbrother noticing both phones are gone from the parents&#8217; house and off. Going straight to voicemail or completely dead?

Me nagging about details....

Brothercalled at around 9:30 to Jenna. Withcellular phone, number house parent? goes to parents house, arrivesthere at 10.30 am (Post brother nr. 162 ), to give the cat meds. (from flyerand posts brother 34) I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang thenwent to voice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in. Came by the house and shewas not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for an errand.Was there a problem with thevet, why was the vet not coming as scheduled, instead brother came? How come the vet assistant didn’t return onthe saturday? He <thevet> tried to but the door was locked and had tried to call Jenna tosee where she was . She had told both of us she was going to be around allweekend. Post by brother 823. We didn't know that morning she was missing forsure . My parents and I both got calls from the vet assistant that he wasn'table to get in and her phone was now dead. At 9:30 when brother called thephone rang and then went to voicemail. Somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 the vetmust have come to the house, called parents and brother because Jenna wasn’tthere, he couldn’t get in and her phone was dead! So no voicemail anymore? Laterbrother noticing both phones are gone from the parents’ house and off. Going straight to voicemail or completely dead?
Subie did morning meds with a key - lights and tv were on. Vet only did afternoon meds - no J so can't get in and phones parents and Subie. Don't know when subie noticed phones were gone and chargers were left. Was that Sunday same as when the khasamiya was noticed as missing?

Do we know what day the parents left for hols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member