GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
subie - Would Jenna go to temple where ever she is? Could that be something to look for? Did she have a habit of going to see a movie or to the library or to a museum, volunteer work, etc., on a particular day of the week?

Why would she need directions to her own apartment, she would know how to get there already. And she was staying at her parents anyway, and is where the car was left. Unless she came back to her parents, got her car and then went back to her apartment/town home then to College Park in her car, where something happened? Jmo.

It's not about directions. I use maps to get to work and home every day. Atlanta is a city with a massive amount of traffic and many many routes to get to the same place. People use maps to get to/from places they are very familiar with just because we want to find the route with the least amount of traffic.

Oh, you where saying you hoped you could talk to the chief today? So this didn't went through....archhhhhhh...what is keeping them? Is this normal in Atlanta/America? I can image that they are busy and understaffed...I guess Jenna's missing case has no priority....

It seems like there are definite concerns about the way LE is handling this. However, as it specifically relates to communicating TODAY, Atlanta just experienced Tropical Storm Irma yesterday and last night and there are many many trees down, power out, etc. It's possible LE is tied up with storm relief today, which is a very very unfortunate disruption.

It's not about directions. I use maps to get to work and home every day. Atlanta is a city with a massive amount of traffic and many many routes to get to the same place. People use maps to get to/from places they are very familiar with just because we want to find the route with the least amount of traffic.
Yes I have replied to Jbunnati 5 posts back and forgot to quote Infinite's post too.

I don't understand why she wouldn't then also use it to get back to her parents to swop the cars which she must have done at some point. Is there a reason for only doing it at the places she did?

It can also happen if the person was a recent contact. It may not be a pocket dial from your contacts list, but rather from your call history, if that makes sense? My name starts with S, but my mom pocket dials me all the time because we talk frequently.

Thank you for your post illgup....yes that is also possible....what I actually meant to say about the pocket dial earlier- but trying to stay out of speculation- is that a pocket dial is almost always somebody from your contact list...and that it is very peculiar to have a pocket dial not having a number in your contact list and dialing an x amount of numbers at random.....and then suddenly make contact with a total stranger (not impossible but what are the chances, caller also having a Metro account)

RE: Jenna's money situation. It seems from previous posts there is some knowledge/access to information about debit card use related to the gas stations. Subie, do you have access to bank statements? If so, do you see any sort of money patterns? Someone with a regular job, either receives regular direct deposits into their bank account or would be depositing money with some regularity. Even if the family isn't aware of a specific job, money patterns might give some indication. If you have access to (or can get access to) an online bank account, there is usually quite a bit of useful information. Was money deposited cash or check? You should be able to see check images to see who wrote the checks. Was it a business or an individual? What kind of places did she use her debit card? Did she predominantly use the card to make payments or did she withdraw cash regularly and seemingly pay cash for things?

A lot of speculation has been made about this "double life" or "lying" to her parents about her life. It's true that it seems like she may have been acquainted with some "shady" characters and certainly seems to have kept aspects of her life private from her family, but I think that could probably also be said about the vast majority of young women in their 20s - or young people in general. It's easier for young people who have their own income to be able to keep certain aspects of their lives private from their families - and certainly that's perhaps easier to understand, since they have independence due to the ability to support themselves. However, I think we have to approach the "lying" with some level of realization that this is widespread among young people. This is a time in life when people are navigating the world as adults for the first time. Many 20 year olds are involved in behavior and with people that their parents would probably find shady, but they don't end up as missing persons. I'm not saying it should be completely ignored and all avenues should be pursued. I'm just saying that the privacy and lying in and of itself is not particularly abnormal for a 20-something.

Yes I have replied to Jbunnati 5 posts back and forgot to quote your post too.

I don't understand why she wouldn't then also use it to get back to her parents to swop the cars which she must have done at some point. Is there a reason for only doing it at the places she did?

This I don't know. It seems weird that there really doesn't seem to be a point in the timeline where it is clear that she returned to swap out cars other than the fact that her mom's car is there and hers is gone. The one possibility I could think of is time of day. If it was particularly late at night when she returned her mom's car to home (which it sounds like it could have been) traffic would have been minimal and she may not have needed to check maps for traffic.

@subie - This is maybe off the wall, but have you considered reaching out to Emory PD? Emory has it's own police department, and given the proximity of your parents house to campus, and the activity around the beginning of the school year, they may take an interest in the case. I don't know if they have any jurisdiction outside of the bounds of campus, but I have a thought that there may be CCTV belonging to Emory in the area or any number of security cameras. Emory PD is not going to be nearly as busy as Dekalb PD and may be able to at least review any security footage they may have to try to see if they can find her car on footage? If her car left toward Briarcliff there wouldn't be anything to see, but if her car left toward Emory Village/Clifton, it may have been captured.

RE: Jenna's money situation. It seems from previous posts there is some knowledge/access to information about debit card use related to the gas stations. Subie, do you have access to bank statements? If so, do you see any sort of money patterns? Someone with a regular job, either receives regular direct deposits into their bank account or would be depositing money with some regularity. Even if the family isn't aware of a specific job, money patterns might give some indication. If you have access to (or can get access to) an online bank account, there is usually quite a bit of useful information. Was money deposited cash or check? You should be able to see check images to see who wrote the checks. Was it a business or an individual? What kind of places did she use her debit card? Did she predominantly use the card to make payments or did she withdraw cash regularly and seemingly pay cash for things?

A lot of speculation has been made about this "double life" or "lying" to her parents about her life. It's true that it seems like she may have been acquainted with some "shady" characters and certainly seems to have kept aspects of her life private from her family, but I think that could probably also be said about the vast majority of young women in their 20s - or young people in general. It's easier for young people who have their own income to be able to keep certain aspects of their lives private from their families - and certainly that's perhaps easier to understand, since they have independence due to the ability to support themselves. However, I think we have to approach the "lying" with some level of realization that this is widespread among young people. This is a time in life when people are navigating the world as adults for the first time. Many 20 year olds are involved in behavior and with people that their parents would probably find shady, but they don't end up as missing persons. I'm not saying it should be completely ignored and all avenues should be pursued. I'm just saying that the privacy and lying in and of itself is not particularly abnormal for a 20-something.

We do have her statements, only thing that really stands out is a few paypal and western union transactions. Most appear to be small amounts under $15
My Mom did have access to see her accounts due to being a co signer on it I believe. Did not see any cash or check deposits for the past 2 months

Not to pry into too much $$ detail, but I am assuming that if she was living at home up until May/June, her costs would have been minimal/nonexistent. Is it safe to assume that the money she was making at the pet store all went into the bank/savings and may have been enough to live off of for a few months? Presumably she didn't make a ton of money, but even a couple hundred/week adds up quickly if you have no/low cost of living. Could this address the question mark of how she was managing to live on her own?

I think you've summed it up very well. Secrecy could be something as simple as a married or older man or someone from a different background or religion so lots of reasons. What we need to find out is if any of her contacts have been responsible or involved with her dissappearance or if it has been foul play/random at all.

@subie - This is maybe off the wall, but have you considered reaching out to Emory PD? Emory has it's own police department, and given the proximity of your parents house to campus, and the activity around the beginning of the school year, they may take an interest in the case. I don't know if they have any jurisdiction outside of the bounds of campus, but I have a thought that there may be CCTV belonging to Emory in the area or any number of security cameras. Emory PD is not going to be nearly as busy as Dekalb PD and may be able to at least review any security footage they may have to try to see if they can find her car on footage? If her car left toward Briarcliff there wouldn't be anything to see, but if her car left toward Emory Village/Clifton, it may have been captured.
That is an excellent point.

I'm watching a show on ID Channel right now.

They are solving the case by contacting TracFone and learning where it was purchased and getting video and knowing what store and what time it was purchased .. Finding what phone number activated that phone because you have to activate it from another phone and they can track that phone number... and doing data dumps of cell towers from that TracFone.

:praying:

I'm watching a show on ID Channel right now.

They are solving the case by contacting TracFone and learning where it was purchased and getting video and knowing what store and what time it was purchased .. Finding what phone number activated that phone because you have to activate it from another phone and they can track that phone number... and doing data dumps of cell towers from that TracFone.

:praying:
Are you referring to the Metro pcs phone that Jenna had because we know it was in her amended name?

I think you've summed it up very well. Secrecy could be something as simple as a married or older man or someone from a different background or religion so lots of reasons. What we need to find out is if any of her contacts have been responsible or involved with her dissappearance or if it has been foul play/random at all.

Exactly. I think instead of focusing on lying or not being forthcoming in general, what are the sort of outliers that don't fit in to HER normal (as opposed to what most people THINK is normal behavior/people to associate with). Are there people she met recently that she's suddenly had a lot of contact with? Does she NORMALLY hang around people who are very clean and upstanding folks and there are these 2 or 3 seemingly random shady people? Or, are her friends just shady and they are people she's known for a long time?

Lots of young people hide aspects of their lives from their parents because they think that their parents won't approve, not because they are doing something illegal or below board. For example, if her parents would frown upon going out to clubs until late at night and drinking, she might be hiding that behavior, but that doesn't make it bad behavior in a general sense.

We do have her statements, only thing that really stands out is a few paypal and western union transactions. Most appear to be small amounts under $15
My Mom did have access to see her accounts due to being a co signer on it I believe. Did not see any cash or check deposits for the past 2 months
Subie, does Jenna need her glasses to drive? Did she take her glasses with her?
Re her account, had she withdrawn large amounts and reduced her balance in the weeks before her disappearance?

Yes. I was just using it as an example .

@Subie , Did anyone contact the Atlanta Housing Group that J messaged? Were there any leads?

Subie, does Jenna need her glasses to drive? Did she take her glasses with her?
Re her account, had she withdrawn large amounts and reduced her balance in the weeks before her disappearance?

Please can mods bring these posts forward to new thread when the time comes as I don't think subie has seen them yet?

This is an example of a post quoting J's Fb so it was allowed to post from it or link imo.

Sillybilly, please clarify about quoting/linking from/to J's Fb if this is incorrect.

Didn't see a response to this yet... Worriedaboutjvg was referring to one of Jenna's Facebook friends, not something Jenna posted herself. Therefore, linking to that FB friend's page would be odd-limits.

Definitely something to take to law enforcement even if we can't discuss it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this post! It is very true re: young people. If you look at the photos on Jennas page, with her friends, she looks just like your normal, average 20 something girl. The posts that remain are all happy, she has a lot of good friends and im sure she has shady ones too, doesnt everybody?
People need to realise that times have changed. I dont know what teenagers and young adults did 30 years ago but nowadays some do have 1 or 2 phones, shady friends and have dabbled in things they probably shouldnt have.
I cannot see any references to prostitution, or shady photos with unsavoury types.
As i have said in a previous post the prostitution rumour was false and i am.not buying it.
I know the whole idea of a secret double life is that it is secret but if anyone can look through Jennas fb page and give me one valid reason or something to believe that she gained money through some sort of illegal activity or is unhappy so just walked out then please do.

I am trying really hard to look at every angle but i cannot find anything whatsoever that could convince me she left voluntarily. I am not bothered how she got money, right now im more concerned about her safety and WHO got her out her parents house in whatever form.

All very strongly MOO

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Didn't see a response to this yet... Worriedaboutjvg was referring to one of Jenna's Facebook friends, not something Jenna posted herself. Therefore, linking to that FB friend's page would be odd-limits.

Definitely something to take to law enforcement even if we can't discuss it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree the Fb friends link would be off limits but not J's Fb Link.
So the item would be off limits depending on the source. If you can't link you can't mention it on here. It wasn't clear to me from the original poster's statements where the source was, hence I asked for the link. As no link has been forthcoming I must presume it is not an allowed source so I am disregarding it as rumour. If Subie wishes to confirm it then that is a different kettle of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25